It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 338
<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hi guys and gals!!!

Just testing something here........

Trying to see if this works because I've been having problems linking Facebook pics like this.......

What do ya know, it works like a charm!
edit on 25-1-2015 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Nicely done!

I love reading from the female perspective.

Hardest thing to do as an Author is write a love scene from the perspective of the opposite gender.

P

Oh thanks. Poor little elf is going crazy trying to act normal around him. LOL

He will of course remain composed and in control of his feelings even though he is falling for the young elf. Elves are normally quite composed but I like to make Night Star more human and emotional at times and not so stuffy. More fun that way.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hiya Gimme! Nice train pic!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
They were taken to another room where the weapons were kept. Night marveled at the craftsmanship and designs of the swords. There was a good variety of weapons, but she wasn't familiar with them all. Ever so slowly, Talon moved closer to the elven maiden.
"Do you like what you see?"
She wanted to blurt out that looking at him yes, yes she liked what she saw. Instead she gave another answer.
"They are finely crafted, worthy of any elven warrior."
She traced the delicate etching upon the blade with her finger.
"Does this have meaning, the etchings?"
He put his hand over hers.
"They do have meanings yes, how did you know?"

She quickly pulled her hand away and blushed.
"My people always embed a meaning and also magic into the finely crafted designs."
Talon took a step back so as not make her nervous or seem too bold. Turning to the others he told them their class was ended, there was much he needed to do that day, but the next day they would practice some exercises and learn the dance of the warriors. They would also be able to experiment with the different weapons.
The Feline youth chatted with excitement as they filed out of the room. Night followed in silence, but took a moment to look back. He was staring. There it was, that stare again. He smiled and she hurried away."

Getting back to her own room seemed like it took forever. She grabbed her cloak needing some fresh air to clear her head and headed outside. One of the pesky pixies followed her close behind taunting her.
"Someone has a love interest, someone not quite human, not quite feline and very handsome."
Night's eyes narrowed.
"What are you going on about? I have no love interest, now leave me be!"
She swatted at the pixie but wasn't fast enough.
"It's ok you know...he feels the same way about you."
"Oh really and how would you know such a thing?"
The pixie landed gently on Night's shoulder.
"I am here, there and everywhere. I know these things. I make it my business to know things that go on around here. And it's painfully obvious." She laughed so hard she fell and had to break her fall by flying back up on Night's shoulder.
"But don't worry, I shall not tell another soul."
With that the pixie flew off into the field ahead.

The elf ran to the dragon's shelter to see Storm. That would make her feel better. How could she trust a pixie of all things? She sighed. She swore she would never love again, she couldn't. It's one reason she left the Green Forest in the first place. Love didn't last, it was but an illusion. She had to come to her senses, yet her longing brought her thoughts back to the Feline Overlord.
Oh Storm! You are here and I need you!"
The wondrous dragon lifted his head.
"I know you do Night, I know."

edit on 26-1-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Got a blizzard coming in Monday Night through Tuesday, so Linda and I will be going out tomorrow instead of our usual Tuesdays. I'll pop in here in the morning to say hello though.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

A 12v car electric blanket and a car battery can make a huge difference.

If you have a wood stove and lots of wood, then ignore the above.

P

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

We are usually pretty fortunate around here and if we lose power it is never for an entire day or more. We heat with gas. We have had surrounding towns lose power for a couple of weeks before.

Morning all! Will be going out to lunch later and to do a bit of shopping. I forgot to buy chicken broth yesterday so I'll be sure to get that to make some soup tomorrow. Need some more melatonin too. Gah, so sleepy! Can't wake up!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Good morning dear Night Star!

Well... it is more like half past three in the afternoon here, but whats a few hours between friends?

Its been a very busy day already! We have done a couple of outside jobs, and have another one lined up for as soon as my colleague returns from the suppliers, where he and my mother have gone to get stock and locks for the shop! I have not had any lunch of any kind yet, and as the day wears on, my suspicion that I will not be eating until after work, grows ever stronger!

No matter though, because yesterday I ate like a warrior king! Thank goodness!

I hope you are well today dear lady! And that goes for the rest of Shedsville too!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Good AfterNoon True Bud! I hope You have had a chance to grab a bite to eat by now! If not I'll have at least a Sammich for You here!!LOL!!

I'll try to transfer the feeling of a full belly with Some Mental Telepathy after it's gone! Give Me about 20 minutes or so to get that Sammich Created and Destroyed first!!
hope Your day is going Well Man!!!

Hello to All Other Shed Dwellers and Lurkers!!! I hope All of You are having a Good Day as Well!! Or if You are just waking up, Good Morning!!!
I ~ CLINK ~ My Coffee Cup To Yours!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Well as it happens Syx, no, I have not eaten yet.

I finished work about an hour ago, tidied up the laundry from my room, bought it down to the kitchen to be done later, fiddled with this and that, and have been waiting for a call from mother meantime, to find out whether she will be eating as well. You see, I had intended to call for some Chinese food, simply because a) it is filling as hell and easy to eat, and b) because it has been MENTAL today, and the last thing either myself or mother wish to do at this point, is to cook a bunch of food.

She has just gotten back to me, and during that exchange over the telephone, it was decided that in fact, she will be the one to call for the takeaway, and so in about twenty minutes or half an hour, I will be sat with a steaming plate of noodles and battered pork before me, and half a yard of drool issuing from the corner of my mouth in all probability!

About time too!

As I mentioned, it has been a whirlwind day. Myself and my colleague have been hard at it for the lions share of the day, doing outside work, and that means two things. First, the fact that neither of us have had a proper meal today means that we are both hungry as all hell. Second, it means that both of us are going to sleep like the dead tonight. I have to say though, I am getting a little bit shakey now, and I do REALLY need to eat. Of course, it also means, as a secondary consideration, that money has been made, and I am all for that of course. But nothing that has ever, or will ever happen on this Earth, is even nearly as important as ensuring that when one has done work, ones belly is then filled to compensate for the effort made!

You could tell me, at this point, that the food I am going to consume will kill me for certain, that it is coated in some horrific neurotoxin, or pathogenic culture, and will make my eyeballs leave my skull with all the force of a twin grenade detonation, and I would still eat it. Those are the rules, you work, you eat. Any interruption to that chain of cause and effect, is to be avoided like the plague!
edit on 26-1-2015 by TrueBrit because: Spelling error corrected.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hope you got to order your Chinese food True. I love Chinese food myself! Went out to lunch today and they were closing at 3: oclock in the afternoon because of the storm. It was snowing all day but just flurries and windy and cold. The worst is yet to come. Hope I don't lose power. Might get two to three feet of snow. It's New England, we can handle it.

Hi Syx if you're still around! Hello one and all!
edit on 26-1-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Dawg, where'd you go?????

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well, that meal went from confusing, to awful, to worse. There was nothing wrong with the food of course, but the atmosphere while eating it was somewhat strained.

I called mother on our works phone, to ask her if she wanted food, and instead of answering yes or no, she just went ahead and told me she would be making the order for me. "Ok." I think to myself,"obviously something on her mind at the moment, probably several of them. I will just call her when the food arrives, so that it does not get cold before she gets up here from the shop."

Well, there's me, thinking I had this all under control, and all the time, something was brewing up somewhere that meant I could have said or done ANYTHING and it would have been a problem. The food arrives, and I drop call (you let the phone ring twice, then close the call) mother to let her know that the food is here, and that rather than sodding about with crappy work stuff, she needs to get her butt upstairs, and consume food, which is the only ACTUAL reason to do any damned work in the first place if we are honest about these things!

She spent the ENTIRE time I was trying to eat my meal a) not eating her food, which I had bought for her, with my own, piss poor amount of money, and b) making it impossible for me to enjoy my food, by basically having a go at me about nothing, and everything, for what ended up being two hours.

I worked my arse off today. I am not perfect, but I did what I could today, and even made it so she did not have to cook for her self, or me, or any other bugger. But because the little I could do, was not done JUST so, because I drop called her, because our neighbours were on their way down the stairs when she came up, and because I apparently made her feel rushed by calling her, she had a problem.

She is a legend, my mum. We have been through the works together, let me tell you, and I love her to death. But her priorities are SO messed up sometimes, I do not even know how she managed to get out of the damned womb sometimes. She is a very smart woman, very determined, elemental, but sometimes she gets het up over the most utterly asinine things, and says the most outrageous things to justify it.

I was, and am, very tired. The food did nothing, because the stress of that two hours made my guts churn like a demented butter producer. I am now tired and pissed off.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that Love! Be grateful you don't have to deal with MY Mom...OMG! LOL She drives us absolutely insane sometimes. Listen to some good music or watch a good movie to get your mind off it. I know how trying a parent can be. Between her and my thoughtless, self absorbed niece...good grief!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I see I have lots of reading to do. It's been a busy week for this kid. I've been busy rehabilitating a house (actually two) and actually enjoying myself. It's nice to be working again on a daily basis. It means I am healing!

Sorry to hear about your troubles True, but it is family and it's what they do from time to time.

Night! Get some sustainables ASAP! Your in for one hell of a storm.

The rest of y'all, Hey!, I'm back for a short period and have a lot of catching up to do.
edit on 26-1-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
yep, been snowing all day, windy and cold. Might get up to 3 feet of snow. Hope I'm not too lazy tomorrow. I want to make kielbasa and cabbage soup with potatoes and some shake n' bake pork chops. My stove is part gas, part electric, so if I lose power I'll be able to make the soup but won't be able to use the oven for my pork chops.

We have had severe storms in the past and came through ok. Just don't want to lose power for very long because my turtle and one of my fish tanks need their heaters and I can't go out anywhere usually so I love having my computer or t.v. or even to read my book with light. The only other thing that worries me is having just one person who is able bodied enough to shovel and plow and he gets migraines sometimes. YIKES!

I worry because if we need an ambulance for Mom or someone and we are completely snowed in...no good!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours. Stay safe and warm and prepare the best you can. If you have the oppurtubity, go through a quick mental checklist and make sure you haven't forgot anything.

Baileys for the coffee is always at the top of my list.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Storm spread one wing over the little elf lovingly.
"We are connected now, you and I. I know what you have been going through, but you will be fine young one. You cannot define yourself by your past. You don't have to be so vulnerable and afraid to take a chance. This Feline overlord is not the one who abandoned you or hurt you in any way. Take the time to get to know him, allow him to get to know you."

Night's heart was heavy and she sighed.
"That's what's so strange Storm, it seems like when he looks at me he can see right into my soul. Does that even make any sense? I have trusted before dear dragon. I have given my heart and soul and years of my life to someone who abandoned me in the end for another. I trusted him Storm with every ounce of my being. How could I be foolish enough to put myself in such a position again? No, no this will never do. I must be strong."

Storm sighed and with a soothing voice tried to reach her.
" So because of one who never deserved your love in the first place, you will judge all others and spend your life without sharing it? You will choose to leave behind the precious moments of love and laughter, joy and sorrow shared between two hearts? All the magic and wonder of days to come? All the limitless possibilities of a life fulfilled?"

She felt anger, resentment and frustration rise together within her.
"To have it all fall apart in the end? To have all dreams shattered, all hope lost, all time wasted just to feel like an old shoe tossed away in the rubbish? Yeah, that's what I want Storm, to die all over again!"
She regretted her outburst as soon as it spilled out, but couldn't help herself. She had never spoken a word about this to anyone ever.
"Oh dear Storm, I am so sorry. I know you are concerned for my well being and I know you love me and will protect me no matter what. I didn't mean to sound so ungrateful, like a little brat. I'll take a walk with wolf through the forest to clear my head. I'll be ok. Really I will."

From outside the shelter, Talon moved quickly away to hide from Night. He had no intention of spying on her. All he wanted was to ask her to tea and could overhear her conversation with the beautiful dragon. Once he started to hear her story, he couldn't help himself from hearing the rest. He felt like he already broke her trust in some strange way. He reminded himself it wasn't intentional and he cared...very much. Talon watched silently as she walked away into the forest with the great white wolf.

The pesky pixie flew into sight. "NIGHT! I must tell you something this very minute!"
Night was alarmed. The little Pixie was so animated. What could she possibly have to reveal?
"Your love interest, the Feline, he knows! He knows everything!!"

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

LOL unfortunately, no Baileys here. Maybe you could wrap a bottle in a giant snowball and toss it my way.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Night's heart dropped. "WHAT?????? Knows everything about what?"
"Your conversation with the dragon. He heard. He knows.
The elf was fuming. "You lie! You are a troublesome meddling annoying little pixie who loves nothing more than to wreak havoc! Leave at once!"
The pixie was saddened that Night didn't believe her. Pixies were brutally honest, didn't she know that?
"Night please, I mean you no harm. Yes, pixies can be all of those things but deep down we really mean no serious harm and you should know how honest we can be. I speak the truth. Your Feline man was listening just outside the dragon's shelter and heard everything that was said. Ok, ok, so did I, but I'm a pixie and it's not the same."

The elf ran into the shed seeking out her so called Feline friend, He was in the great dining hall and she boldly walked over and stood beside him.
"Night, I was looking for you, I was going to ask you if you would come to tea with me."
"How dare you!" She spat. "How dare you listen in to my private conversation with Storm!"
His face fell. How did she know? he wondered.
"Oh Night, it's not like that. I wasn't spying on you, I can assure you. Please, sit and talk to me so I can explain."
For the first time in forever, he was almost lost for words and losing his composure. He wasn't used to this flurry of emotions racing through him.

Seeing that so many people had turned their eyes upon them, she sat, folded her arms and lowered her voice.
"There is no excuse for a liar and a spy!"
"Night, listen to me. Just stop this nonsense and listen carefully. I will make this crystal clear. I did not intend to spy on you. I was simply searching for you and saw you enter the shelter. I thought we could have tea and just talk."

Night laughed. "And you just simply kept listening when you started to hear my conversation I suppose. Well this conversation is over!"
She started to rise from the table and he grabbed her arm.
"You don't think I have ever experienced pain or suffering? You don't think I have feelings? Isn't life itself a chance in all we do and say? Our words and actions are a ripple in time affecting everything around us. Night, I listened to your conversation because I cared and in doing so I have lost your trust. I apologize from deep in my heart. I ask for your understanding and forgiveness."

She took his hand off her arm. "I have things to do and I have nothing more to say to you."
Tears streamed down her face as she ran from the room.
One of the faeries landed in Talon's hair. "So much drama. What did I miss?"
Talon plucked the faery from his hair and sat her on the edge of his teacup.
"It must be nice being a faery. I bet your kind doesn't have to deal with drama, just flying around flowers, singing and dancing and doing nice magical things."
The tiny faery laughed. "Not always. We bicker over what color to paint a flower or which songs to sing and such."
Talon laughed and was happy for the reprieve from the drama.

top topics

<< 335  336  337    339  340  341 >>

join