It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 336
<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
OH my bad! I have so many things on my mind from here in real life and then try to come here and write. My mind is often muddy. I do appreciate your pointing these things out though. Thank you!

Sometimes I'm like...now what was said back there on whatever the hell page it was on? LOL I get lazy and don't go back to re-read and clarify. So there you have it, I have learned something today.

I was going to make an entry today but so much crap happening that I am uninspired at the moment. My husband or sort of husband had his med prices go through the roof until some deductible or limit is reached. He needed meds today and couldn't get them. I'll pay for them so he has them tomorrow. I say sort of husband, because legally we are still married and living together but after over 30 years of marriage he decided he didn't want to be married anymore. We get along great but I guess he was hoping for a younger better looking woman. Long story. LOL Then my poor elderly Mom is always in pain and needing help and it makes me sad to see her suffer.

Sorry, didn't mean to dump my problems in here. I love co-writing with you and happy that you joined us! You have a great imagination! Very creative!

Trying to get sleepy enough to go to bed but so far still awake.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Alright, who put the baby dragon in the sink?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Good morning....

I can't stay here long right now, but just want to say something.

There are NO mistakes in this story. None.
This is an off-the-cuff collaboration fantasy piece by a group of people...many being new/first time writers.

It has yet to be edited.

Too much story is better than not enough.
Discrepancies can be 'fixed' later.

You have ALL done a fabulous job!! I am super proud of EVERY addition, and every participating member.
This has been FUN, and we have enjoyed doing it.

The onus would be on the editor to ensure that the details match and the story flows.
That comes later, when we decide the story is complete.

Much love,
jacy xoxo

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Well said Jacy

P

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
uuughh!
Did anyone get a note of the number off that truck?

I need it for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Jane

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

OK....what truck????
Got me my very own lappy!!!! Yay!!!! No more steam powered, or borrowing my sons!

So, do I start a Valentine thread part deux?

Jane

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

OK....what truck????
Got me my very own lappy!!!! Yay!!!! No more steam powered, or borrowing my sons!

So, do I start a Valentine thread part deux?

Jane

THE truck that musta hit me last night! ?? ? no?

(I feel like a truck hit me last night.... did ye get it's number?)

I've got another night out tonight!!! TOO AULD!!! HEEEELP!!!!!!!

DO NOT do another valentines thread - THAT is HOW I MET all you nugget munchers FFS!!!!!

Life has never been the same since..... .... Hours, Days, WEEKS spent in front of the keyboard!!!... ... My Holiday Flat Ruined!! (J/K).... Shed full of Dragons Pixies Elfs Polar Bears Gerbils Wolves and god knows what all else... and... I can NEVER look at a fluffy sheep the same EVER!! ...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I didn't mean anything bad yesterday. I apologize if I offended you guys. I would still appreciate being corrected myself. I learned a lot from tips and corrections from the folks at the writers site and have always appreciated what I learned. I am still learning. Now I feel like I made a mess of things when that was never my attention.

Maybe I should do like Dawg and take a break.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night!
What did I miss? (Lot of catching up to do)

Did you do a booboo?? LOL

If it's to do with the story - DON'T WORRY!
(It's just a story) ...and we ALL can take it wherever we want to!!

If it's something else??? Fill me in - so I don't have to speed read every post!!!

(and DON'T take a break unless YOU need it!)

Gx
edit on 24-1-2015 by Gordi The Drummer because: Spelling, Grammar and I'm an Idiot!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Things were obviously blown out of proportion. I was trying to give friendly advice as I appreciate it myself when writing. The next thing you know it, Jacy is putting me in my place so to speak and phoenix and Jane are in agreement. So obviously I'm some kind of bitch for even thinking of saying such things. I'm out of here. I have enough problems in real life. This was the one place I sought out on a daily basis, but I am not apprreciated. If I get a yen to write I'll have to go to the short story forum.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Things were obviously blown out of proportion. I was trying to give friendly advice as I appreciate it myself when writing. The next thing you know it, Jacy is putting me in my place so to speak and phoenix and Jane are in agreement. So obviously I'm some kind of bitch for even thinking of saying such things. I'm out of here. I have enough problems in real life. This was the one place I sought out on a daily basis, but I am not apprreciated. If I get a yen to write I'll have to go to the short story forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like that hunny.
I haven't been able to read through the posts yet, but from my own experiences, it's incredibly easy to lose the context of any comments/criticism. (They always seem more... "personal" than they were intended)
It's also really easy to misinterpret what someone else is trying to do or say.
You like to give friendly advice, as do lots of people (me too!! LOL) but when the friendly advice comes back, sometimes we take it too personally? no?
I should really shut up until I read the thread properly because I may be going off on a tangent totallY!!! LOL

I for one DO appreciate your presence and your writing. (I think we ALL do)
and I'm pretty sure that noone meant to upset you.

Remember when I got upset a couple of weeks ago?
Well, that was as a result of being told FLAT OUT that I was doing something wrong.
No ifs, buts or maybes. But that turned out to be a simple mis-communicated joke that I didn't get.
It's not always easy to pick up on the vibe with which a typed comment was written.

Deep breaths! Count to 100!! LOL Maybe re-read the posts that upset you and see if they REALLY were that bad?

Gx

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I dunno.

Very sensitive and sad this morning.
Thank you for being sweet.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I dunno.

Very sensitive and sad this morning.
Thank you for being sweet.

Aww Hunny - We ALL have days like that!
Have you considered cuddling a flumphy comfy snuggly cushion, whilst dipping an incredibly huge bar of chocolate in your favourite drink??

Works for me!!

[[[[[[[[[[[Huggs at ya!]]]]]]]]]]]

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Huh?
Jacy is NOT putting you in your place sweetheart...Jacy is defending you.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

But I was just trying to be helpful in pointing out our mistakes. I make them myself and appreciate if it's pointed out to me. It only helps us to improve as we go along. Very simple little things. No one has to be a professional author or anything. It seemed like I was being chastised for pointing it out.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

What the heck is going on in here today?

Let's remember shall we, why we are all here? We are here because we all have some things in common. We are creative, loving people, folk with empathy and character, and this IS the place we come to celebrate and share that aspect of ourselves.

We all love you Night Star, you know it to be true!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Not my intent at all.

I thought Pheonix was telling you that some things you had written were not consistent...that's why I said there are NO mistakes.

I only meant that to me, it's all good...and things like discrepancies can be edited in the end.

I was trying to be supportive of people who aren't used to writing...not wanting anyone to think their stuff had to be 'of a certain quality' to be a story addition.

I am truly sorry that you would think I'm that kind of person....to 'put someone in their place'.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Not my intent at all.
I thought Pheonix was telling you that some things you had written were not consistent...that's why I said there are NO mistakes.
I only meant that to me, it's all good...and things like discrepancies can be edited in the end.
I was trying to be supportive of people who aren't used to writing...not wanting anyone to think their stuff had to be 'of a certain quality' to be a story addition.
I am truly sorry that you would think I'm that kind of person....to 'put someone in their place'.

Hi [[[Jacy]]]
Just to let you know that... That is exactly what I took from your comments too.
I'm still trying to catch up though!....

Gx

new topics

top topics

<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join