It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 339
<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:46 PM
Man I got the writing bug and can't stop! I'm making the story sappy.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:45 PM
The Wolf Lord was busy discovering the dynamics of those that called the Shed their home. He mentally flipped a coin to decide if he should intervene with the Elf. It was none of his business and yet he was welcomed here and then thought, 'What the hell'!

After her last little spat she had gone outside. She was just standing there getting snowed on. Shadow was a trifle amused as he always was with these situations. When Wolf Lords were joined, they just opened their minds each to the other to discern truth. There was never any deception.

He materialized directly in front her, sat and mired her in an Arcane Restraint field so she would not run away.

He said, "Night, you are an Elf with the normal problems all female Elves have. I am a Wolf Lord and am aware of these little stupidities so I am going to help you. Unfortunately for you, I read minds as I wish. I can read truth and I can read untruth.

"As you were raised you listen to love songs telling you of an eternal state of mind that is bliss. They call it love. Then you no doubt spent many hours reading Elven poetry with its central theme of eternal love. You are so blinded to reality that when true love does come your way, you have impossible expectations.

"The Feline was not spying on you or doing anything else your childish mind can imagine. He wanted to ask you for tea and stopped when he understood you were having a private conversation. Since he likes you, he listened to see if he could help in any way. Too late he realized his error.

"If you approach any relationship with thoughts of unending blissful love then you will be disappointed. If you approach love with the thought of being one with another for how ever long it will last, then you have a chance at happiness.

"Your previous love has been destroyed, not by him, but by you. It is you that cannot be thankful for the time you both had in bliss. It is you that have caused, what should still be happy memories, to turn into anger and resentment.

"What you had, you had. Be thankful you had those and then accept that you and others change. If you can accept that, then you can love again for however long it will last. To enter this new relationship still carrying resentment from the last is wrong and you will only have yourself to blame.

"What you call love, I call the entwining of two souls. Love is just as valid and wonderful if it lasts a fleeting hour as it is if it lasts a lifetime.

"It is similar to death. people remember the death rather than the life of happy memories. You have killed off any happy memories of your last love and that is sad. I suggest you find the Feline one and make up. To find one that your soul can entwine with is rare. Even an hour of love is worth it if only you can approach it with wisdom."

Shadow lifted his Restraint Field and waited. He was not reading her mind, he was curious to see what would happen next.

edit on 26/1/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/1/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:54 PM
I can go with sappy!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:17 AM
Surprised by the intervention of the beautiful Wolf Lord, Night hesitated for a moment to ponder what was said.
"I don't understand Shadow. Is love not lasting? Does one just discard another because of the passage of time, or because another comes along and seems more appealing and mysterious and new? Even though people change in time, do they change so drastically, so completely that they no longer value what is good and just take for granted all that they had? Our people stayed together and shared their lives, their joys and sorrows, their life journeys. For elves, we have much in common with our partners and also allow each other freedom to do things separately like hobbies or spending time with friends with and without each other. We don't smother each other, we learn how to keep the lines of communication open and never take one another for granted. Elves take a long time before entering into a life journey of love together."

Night looked to Shadow and grinned. The man I was with was just that...a man. He wasn't an elf. There were cases of elves taking partners other than another elf, it wasn't common, but it did happen. I believed in him. I believed he would always be there for me as I would be there for him. It didn't turn out that way. To have something and be thankful I had it, yes, lose it is to almost lose yourself along with it. It's like a part of you dies. Why would anyone choose this over and over again? I was harsh with Talon and you are right I should make up with him. Some of what you say is wise but some...I don't understand Shadow. My fear of loving another is great and my fear of losing him even greater."

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:18 AM
a reply to: pheonix358

That was some great writing there Pheonix!

Ok, I'll keep the sappy for now. LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:36 AM

Shadow replied, "Elf or man matters little. Two people or a group of people can live and grow together or grow apart with time. You still have not seen the truth.

"You loved another deeply. Can you not put aside the grief and anger to remember the love . What you once had was wonderful. Why spoil it with resentment. You grew apart for whatever reason. It does not even matter who was at fault since each will claim it was the other and the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes.

"You choose to remember the hurt instead of the love. The expectation that love will always be eternal is where the problem lies for Man, Elf or even Great Dragon. Great Dragons live such long lives that they only commit each to the other for as long as their souls stay entwined.

"From your childhood you were given the expectation of love everlasting and you are angry that it was not so. Perhaps you should direct your anger at the society that visited this lie unto your soul young elf. Why not accept the love that Talon offers, but this time, reign in your expectations. It will last as long as it lasts and then you should be joyful for the time spent in bliss that the universe provided."

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:03 AM
Night was trying to take in the wisdom and insight of the great Wolf Lord. "you are kind to offer your time and sage advice Wolf friend. We are honored to have you here and I am grateful. I will think long and hard on all that you have said to me."
The young elf smiled and felt the tension start to melt away. She bowed her head in deep respect and returned to the shed. She knew she had to seek out the Overlord Feline and make things right.

It was some time before she was able to find him. He was alone in the solarium standing beside the tall green leaves of some strange and unknown plant. He sensed a presence and turned to see her slowly approaching. "Night!"
She gave a weak sad smile. "I was wrong to accuse you and not trust you. I was wrong to treat you as I did and I am sorry."
He sighed with relief and took her in his strong arms. Beyond the glass panes the moon was rising and the stars glittered on their velvet stage. They remained in their loving embrace for a long time, unable to let go, unable to think or care of anything else but each other and the power and magic of the hour.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:08 AM
The Wolf Lord resumed his position in the comfortable rafters watching with his mind. He was pleased when Night met again with Talon. They both deserved to be loved each by the other.

edit on 27/1/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:09 AM
Thanks for sharing in the story with me tonight Pheonix. It was awesome!!!!!!! And now with the sappy lovey dovey ending of tonight's entry, I shall get myself to bed while the snow falls silently outside my window and turns into a blizzard. LOL

Night Pheonix! Sweet dreams!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:11 AM
a reply to: Night Star

Goodnight sweet Elf.

I envy you your view. I have never seen snow.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:19 AM

OK, I'm really going now. LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:10 AM
Cars are off the road and the plows are out doing their jobs. Not sure about my town, but surrounding towns are reporting about a foot, foot and half of snow so far. It's light and fluffy and blowing around like crazy. So far all is well.

Morning Sheddites! Send all your snow to Pheonix. LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:30 AM

I'm glad to see that the storm is not as bad as predicted. It's still snowing here in Cleveland, though I would classify it as a four day constant flurries. Like yours, light fluffy stuff. But Clevelanders being Clevelanders still can't seem to get it through their thick heads and drive a tad slower so they are non-stop getting into accidents. Listening to the radio during every news break, you'll hear about traffic being diverted from all the accidents, and to top it off, it seems that this is a record breaking year for water mains to be bursting and closing those roads as well.

Oh well, I look at it as Darwin Award try-outs.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:27 PM
Just had to post this didn't I

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
Hiya Doug and Jane!

Yeah, we're supposed to stay off the roads so the plows and emergency vehicles can get through when needed.
Jane, wow that was interesting! New pet of yours? LOL

Little Cody just came up with a little white koala bear and said I got this for you, you can put it on top of your fridge. LOL
We were looking out the window and saw his mother's car was buried with the snow drifts. I said, "Wow, your Mom's car got buried!" He said, "No, Dad put it in the cellar." Ahahahaha! It's just a piece of junk and they were supposed to sell it for parts but it just sits there an eye sore. They have a big truck van thingy so they do have a good vehicle.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:44 PM

originally posted by: Night Star
They have a big truck van thingy so they do have a good vehicle.

Ooooh! I so want a big truck van thingy too! Like this one.

drool, Darwroool!

Of course I'd have to live in the damn thing with the price of diesel these days...but I think I could make the sacrifice.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:00 PM
Just a quick Hello to everyone as I fly over the shed. Real Life is not letting Me maintain My Dragon form for very long lately. Every time I shift into Syx, some RL Agent is knocking on My door, or calling Me, causing an instant # back to Human. Sucks being Human!............

Doing a quick page(s) scan, I see a lot of Story additions of which I haven't even had time to read yet. Sorry that. Some personal notes addressed to Me may or may not have been written lately. Haven't had time to find out yet. Sorry that as well guys.
I did see Your Reply True. Damn. Theres the phone again! BRB... Back now. Freakin sales reps anyway. So lazy, now they have computer talking reps. LOL!!! WTF Is That anyway???! WOW......

True that's a Long reply, but can't read it yet. Man, I'm Sorry ! Soon as I can, I will get to it. K? I like long replies, don't get Me wrong. I am just lacking the time right now.....

Also I am clearing out My Computer room. It is a Total Disaster area. If any one of Code enforcement Authority saw it, It would be condemned! LOL!! This room cleaning is going to be the rest of day probably. Hopefully done buy tonight. Put in about 5 hours last night, then when I was done, Zombie/Rest time. couldn/t even sit here because of all the boxes etc. still scattered around! LO!L!!

Once done, I will have a cleaner, less cluttered room in which to be My Haven! Looking forward to that.

Ok Flyin 'off now. Hope to actually be able to converse with Yoy all later tonight. BFN. Syx.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:48 PM
Hi Dawg! Hi Syx!

Still snowing here.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:50 PM
Cool truck Doug! I have a friend who writes for and does artwork for car magazines and does glass etchings. He's all over the USA.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:46 PM

Tell me Night Star, has winters deep embrace left all sparkling with crystalline beauty? Is everything for miles around blanketed in thick, crisp snow? Are icicles hanging perilously from the guttering and pitches of the roofs and structures in your town? Does the very air shine with the occasional glint of frozen droplets of moisture?

Is it not the most gorgeous thing you could lay your eyes upon?

<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>