It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 335
<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:50 AM
a reply to: TrueBrit

Here is a poem for You to fill the time,
as I fashion a response in form of a Rhyme.
I saw it last night and read it all through,
It seemed to hit Home,
I found it all felt true.

It revealed some things to Me that I had not thought,
of as I stood in lines for things I have bought.
That in doing so to own the items I had,
That in anyway they may make My life become bad.

But as I finished that Poem,
and thought it all through,
It did in Me seem like a lot was very True.

edit on 23-1-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:54 AM
a reply to: jacygirl

Ok about maybe having to leave. Hope not but if life calls, best answer......
I have to leave in about 45 mins for a doc appt. Nothing wrong. Same ole same ole Pain clinic stuff......
I hear ya about the rhyming thread. All replies to each other to rhyme!

That would be fun, eh? LOL!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:00 AM
a reply to: SyxPak

Gnarly !

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:02 AM

Yeah, a rhyming thread would be fun, but a lot of people wouldn't participate....then again...maybe they might?
I dunno.

The poem you posted...way too deep for me. I'm more of a "green eggs and ham" kind of rhymer, lol.

Pain clinic. I only take over-the-counter stuff now. I'm always in pain.
People in my real life, they just don't understand...what I've been through...what I continue to go through.
They see me if I'm out, and think I look fine.
They think that because I don't work (because I can't)...that all my free time should be spent doing favours for them.

I think that one day I'm just going to collapse, like a house of cards. Maybe then, I can get some couch time and lollygag in the Shed...? I'm almost looking forward to it.

Edit: I have to go and get dressed now. Nice to have coffee here with you and True! See you later!! *squishy hugs* for All!!

edit on 23-1-2015 by jacygirl because: grammar

edit on 23-1-2015 by jacygirl because: gotta go

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:07 AM

You need to put your foot down lady. Just say "HEY! Quit using me for your own ends you selfish buggers! I am tired and in need of rest! Quit your clamouring for my attention and assistance immediately, or I shall be forced to unleash thousands of forest creatures upon you all! BEWARE YE THE SQUIRRELS OF DOOOOM!", and then, while everyone is cowering in fear/thinking you have finally lost it, go back home, install yourself on the couch, and boot up your ATS!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:13 AM

Well I hope You don't collapse! We are too far away to come pick you up off the Floor!!! It would probably be hard for You, but You need to say No, every now and then, to others asking for favors. Let them know, again and again if necessary, that You do Not Work because You can't!!! They will get the hint eventually!!!!!!!

Even though I hate deep thinking, well I don't mind a little, I read and enjoy poems like that. They are very revealing to Me the person behind the words. Some of those are very very deep!
My nephew and I used to Brain storm on Aliens, time travel etc. I miss not being able to be there and visit Him, or vice versa. We should have recorded some of those sessions. Might have been on to something with some of them.

However after all that. I also like Dr. Suess rhyme types! Nothing wrong with that jacy!! Those are more feel good kind of poems and I fully enjoy those!! Maybe You could get followers at a Rhyme thread! Don't see why you wouldn't!! Start One Girl!!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:14 AM

Here ya go True. One just for You!

True You have such a good way,
with language and word,
when forming sentences for You,
to be read or to be heard.

Such a flow of music,
I formulate in My Head,
when thinking about the words,
from You I have just read.

For at times I do,
different things in My mind,
and may put together a thought,
in form of sound rhyme.

Why I do this I have never,
really thought about,
Though It seems to have helped Me,
turn to Positive instead of doubt.

From being in a situation,
I have been blocked in My day,
My thought processes help,
move things out of the way.

So I suppose that even though,
My process is different than most,
it doesn't in my mind,
bother Me to host.

edit on 23-1-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:37 AM
Man I gotta go. Back later guys! Have a good One!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:45 AM

You have the way,
Of the wordsmith too,
You cannot deny it,
You know it to be true,
Lyrically minded,
Flamboyant through and through,
Getting poetic,
The most creative thing you can do!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM

Well Thank You Brother!!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I feel I am Rythmically Minded,
At least With Myself I Agree.
As What I read turns to Sound,
Yes it does Musically!

Thank You True for that Pat on the Back,
it lets Me know what I do doesn't Lack,
in Creativity or Meaning in the Words that I Type,
And that what I tell People Isn't all Worthless Tripe.

I really Appreciate being called a WordSmith,
It gives me Confidence and will help Me with,
typing away all the Words that I want to Say,
in a Flamboyantly Positive Artful way!

For in the Future when I,
think back on all You just said,
make's Me Realize how what I Write,
might be better than I thought, HEY! Not Bad!!?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
Came upon this thread and am so disappointed at some of the replies. There seems to be a lack of understanding and compassion. Or is it me???????

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:05 PM

Ok Good Night Pheonix. One quick question before you enter the Astral Realm.

Lol, better late than never.

You mentioned Aliens. Bi pedal 4 arm Behemoth like on John Carter from Mars, or the smaller?

They are Beasties introduced by NightStar so you would need to ask her what they looked like. I don't care although huge Arachnids are always cool. Lol

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night! I just read that Thread and most comments.
You are right in that there were some lacking probably,
mostly truly understanding of what IamSchist said and meant
in The Original Thread Post.
That will happen often if Ya think about. A lot of Our ATS
Brothers and Sisters do Not use English as their main language
so naturally those People will take thing's a bit differently, at times.
So lack of passion as well for the misunderstanding individuals
will come across in their replies. Know what I am sayin'?
I know what I mean, just lacking the proper formulation for getting that out to You......

It was a beautiful Thread Post!
You need to know that is how I felt about it.
I agree with IamSchist totally.

I came back here first to try to explain what I came up with why it is possible
how You may have taken some comments there as cold.(?)

Maybe though some of those cold posts were meant to be that way.
I say about that, let them be cold. To each his own.
(example coming)

That , to Me anyway, gives balance and can make Us see that how we feel
about people suffering, (Truly Sucks that that is happening to Them, I wish I could help them.)
is correct and Heartfelt. That is how We see that situation and what We want to do to rectify it.

The cold one's would say like, "Well it's their own fault that they live like that."
Truly an ignorant P.O.V. on a terrible situation. One that they probably really could care less as they sit in their warm house playing ArmChair Judge on the internet......
Now We have something to bounce our feelings off of and see how our P.O.V.
is the more positive side of that coin. I hope all this came out right Night......

(CC and Syx give NightStar a warm Hug)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:14 PM
a reply to: pheonix358

Lol Pheonix. I am usually "a day late dollar short".
Guess That's my Motto here at The Shed at times as well! LMAO!!!
Thanx for the info of The Beasties from NightStar! Dang it,
I just wrote Her here and forgot to ask Her about them!!
Wow, See what I mean about "day late Dollar Short" LOL!!! LMAO!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:19 PM
Syx and Pheonix, about the story...Though I am used to writing fantasy, you certain challenge me with the scifi element thrown in. If you guys wish to battle the beasts that took possession of the planet Lantorian, I will try my best to follow along and hopefully add some interest. Don't blame me though if I suck. LOL

There is only one thing I ask of my fellow writers...please try to pay attention to detail as much can be lost in the translation. I described the feline people as tall and thin. Think like 6 feet. Pheonix described them as small. I was writing my scenario as day time and Syx interacted with it being night. It can get very confusing for our readers. In the past I always let these small things ride, but I think that's why we lost some of our writers in the past because things got confusing.

At one time, someone gave me a ship with Foss and in another post someone had me on a ship with other people. There were other things as well. So in essence, I'd just like to know if I'm coming or going. I too will pay close attention so as not to confuse anyone.

If someone is inside a building then interact with them there unless you state they are elsewhere. If it's day time, there should be some posts about things happening during the day and not just jump to night. It makes it look like our days and nights are minutes long. LOL

Just some friendly advice. I am not mad at anyone. Truly!

As for the beasts, they are very big and fierce and fast. They can have fur or not, horns or not, I don't so much care. I will leave that up to the creative minds of the poster.

If we do decide to leave the shed, then anyone interested should get their butts there soon. Of course, as always, anyone can jump in at any time. If anyone needs advice or suggestions on how they can enter, we will be more than happy to help.

If other shed people think we should remain at the shed for some time, by all means say so.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:37 PM

Im with ya here night. Sorry bout the night time thing.And probably more mistakes I had done. Oops is about all I can do right now about it! LOL!!
I will try to pay more attention of everything, Sorry again on all my past errors.
Thanx for laying all that out here Night! I want to say a lot more but have to go.
real life and all that un fun crap......
I hope it wasn't me that ran all the others off. Prob was. I feel like crap thinking about it.
I can't think anymore on that right now.
If I mix that with what is goin on here now in real suck life. I'll burst......

Gotta go. Hopin to get back on later. Most likely not though.....

Gnight all if I cant get back on later tonight. Me......

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM

I took notice of the tall and thin but what I did not do was to detail the Warriors that the Wolf Lord was comparing them to and that is my bad.

From a Human perspective, the Felines are about the same size, perhaps taller than the average Human.

Warriors are over eight foot tall and bulky. So the Felines here are small in that context that the Wolf Lord was using. I will clear that up next time.

Meaning no offense at all Night, but your last entry had a few of those in it as well. It has to happen especially when we are simply writing for pleasure.

Fixing those things would be the job of a good editor. I could do it if anyone wants, it is only copy and paste but I would need mod powers to be able to go back past the normal time window for edits and preferably a separate thread to put the finished story into.

I am more than happy to volunteer.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:22 PM

I would appreciate your pointing out my mistakes so that I am more aware not to make the same mistakes again. Like I said before, I will try to pay more attention as well. Truly! I didn't mean we had to be perfect, just that we try to make the story flow, myself included.

Syx, I think you and I may have confused some past posters and I know I have been confused by others as well. LOL Hell, even famous authors need editors. Don't stress over it. I won't if you guys won't. Didn't mean to upset anyone or make anyone feel bad or guilty. I hope you guys don't feel that way.

I think we can learn from each other so I am not opposed to anyone pointing out my mistakes. I would appreciate it in fact. I might get pissed at myself, but no one here. LOL No, I won't get pissed.

I remember a member at a writers site who would constantly correct people's spelling. It drove them crazy and yet I always thanked him if he found something I misspelled. That's how I learn.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM

Warriors are over eight foot tall and bulky. So the Felines here are small in that context that the Wolf Lord was using. I will clear that up next time.

Oh ok, I wasn't sure. I got confused. Sometimes I get confused easily. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM

I wrote

Shadow smiled at the show of Power, gracefully executed. He approached the Elf and said, “Greetings Night. I am Shadow and I am a Wolf Lord. These here are the remaining Felines from the one forest, there are none remaining. We also rescued those that were imprisoned as pets. If you have needs simply call my name."

With that, the Wolf Lord trans-located to the roof of the Shed and extended his mind to see what would happen next. The look on Syx’s face had been priceless as he watched the Great Dragons. Shadow chuckled to himself and went back to thinking of either fluffy fur covered Dragons or Polar Bears with wings. He was amused by his thoughts.

You wrote a whole conversation between the two and then had Shadow 'wander off.'

And no one at all mentioned 101 Great Dragons gong vertical although at least Syx was mentioned as being there.

They do not match very well, but then, with this type of effort, these things do and will happen.

If yoy needed the conversation, then the ELf could have been a little stunned at 101 Great Dragons and after Shadow vanished you could have said his name, have him reappear and have that conversation.

If I was editing, that is how I would have joined them together.

Please Night, I am not being picky at all. I am enjoying this story and writing like this without an editor to seamlessly join is difficult.

edit on 23/1/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>