It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 340
<< 337  338  339    341  342  343 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You Sir, have obviously not gone through a harsh winter. Much less a Nor"Easter as they say. They're rough, and if you aren't prepared, you're screwed. I don't know how city folk can go through them depending upon city services, which can go tits up at a moments notice.

Not this kid...I always prepare for winter, whether it be mild or nasty. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I'm rehabilitating houses now and have a sledgehammer and chainsaw at the ready. Just say the word and have some cash on hand and I am all about destroying your house in order to save it.

edit on 27-1-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hmmmm. Well sorry Bud. First, no Money. Second I am just gutting this room. Clearing it out, doing a vac job and all that. Maybe a carpet shampoo too, not sure yet. Then a slight rearrangement of Puter Desk and a shelf. This room is tiny so it may be quite a challenge to do the rearrange. I will finally be able to put some more Dragons out, some Wolves, some off the wall Sci-Fi Horror character statues, like Evil Ernie, Pumpkin Head and others, then get some posters on the walls. I'll post some pics down the road of it all. It should be a short road, I hope!! LOL!!! Hope You are Well My Friend. Gotta fly. May be back, not sure as I am just on a break. UI just ate for the first time today around 9:00 pm My time.(Central time zone) - (Reminds Me of True's recent ordeal!) LOL!

I hope everyone else is doing OK. CatchYa's all soon, I hope!!! Syx

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Awww! Bummer! I love helping people by smashing something they want smashed.

I'm good at it. It's my talent. I am part Troll after all.

But to be truthful, I am a happy camper today. The past five days have been a great wake up call for me. Helped tear down to the studs, two bathrooms (also removing everything), took out a old 1930's era furnace and assisted in installing a new one complete with all the duct work. Stripped five rooms of wall paper, mudded and repainted them as well. (No. it wasn't me alone)

I feel like I'm a functioning member of society again to a degree. I can't tell ya how that makes me feel after two years of being disabled. Still not up to 100%, more like 50%...but it feels great to be doing things again.
edit on 27-1-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hey people.

When you wake up, can you help me with some thoughts here please.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.

P

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Darn you Pheonix, You made me think of that story, and I have been in tears for the last half hour. LOL!!!

Well, I guess it was good to tell it. I never told anyone that story. As I mentioned, I always thought people would think I was goofy.

WELL NOW IT'S CONFIRMED !!! I AM GOOFY!!!!

LOL LOL LOL......

edit on 28-1-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Night Star

Tell me Night Star, has winters deep embrace left all sparkling with crystalline beauty? Is everything for miles around blanketed in thick, crisp snow? Are icicles hanging perilously from the guttering and pitches of the roofs and structures in your town? Does the very air shine with the occasional glint of frozen droplets of moisture?

Is it not the most gorgeous thing you could lay your eyes upon?

It's lovely but I'm staying inside where it's warm.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Doug, so happy to hear that you are doing so well.

OK, last night I had to go to my nieces as she was having contractions. I ended up having to sleep over to take care of Cody while she went to have the baby. And yes he is here! Baby Brent!!!!!!!!!! 5 pounds 13 oz. Little dude! Cody's Dad came home a little while ago so Cody is off to meet his little brother and boy is he excited!

I didn't sleep very well or for very long, but actually wide awake. LOL

I forgot to bring my meds so no pain pills and man was I in pain. Found their Tylenols and took a couple of those which helped somewhat. I didn't want to leave Cody while he was sleeping even for a minute. So today I'm just chilling and my Sister is bringing fish and chips over for me and Mom for lunch. Yay!

Love the ghost stories ladies!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Good luck with cleaning your room up Syx! I wish I had less pain and more energy. My rooms need vacuuming and my bedroom needs to be cleared out of some stuff.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Good Morning all.

My morning has started out very sentimental. I went and checked out Pheonix's thread and ended up remembering a story from many years ago.

I have gone thru a 1/4 roll of toliet paper. (Ran out of kleenex) LOL.

As far as I know right now I have the day off. So I thought I would hang out in the shed for a while today.

Got the tea pot full. Help yourself. There are also english muffins with butter and honey.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Get up and get to work Dawg. (Glad to hear your feeling better) I always feel good when I have done a full day of work.

Morning Night.
I don't blame you for wanting to stay in. That wind goes right through you.

So what is going on with everyone?

I am really enjoying the addition's you all have made to the story. exciting and alittle scary.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Morning Kat! I'm sleepy and probably going to take a nap soon. It was a looooong night.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Well have a good nap.

I think I will be around most of the day.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
Yesterday and today are my days off (Maybe even tomorrow). I pretty much work on-call as needed now, though I do require a day or two notice. My bud at one point expected me to just show up when called and I used to do that. After all, what are friends for?

But that got old pretty quick. The guy has so many projects going on and unfortunately that spreads the money thin, so it's pick at this and pick at that. I prefer to take on a job and stick with it until it's complete. But I will always help if I can, given a heads up.

I'm looking forward to the weekend as I'll be farm sitting again, taking care of the pig and Dog and of course doing the odd job here and there. I always enjoy watching over the place.

How did my fellow Wisconsinites take the loss to Seattle? I watched the game at my VFW and ended up paying about $15.00 in swearing fines. Twenty-five cents per cuss word. Normally I don't yell at the TV but I went over board during that game.

edit on 28-1-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Congrats Auntie Night! Your good people taking care of lil' Cody. How's he feel about having a little brother?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

O Lord, he kept begging me to have his Dad come back to get him so he could be there with Mom and Dad and to meet his little brother. LOL When his Dad came home this morning to get him and bring him to meet little Brent he was excited as hell. LOL

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Only one pig at the farm?

Ok, going to try to nap now.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Hey Dawg,

Yea, I can understand what you mean about doing a job and finishing. That can make me crazy when I can't finish something. I know how I want it done and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm like that when I read a book too. I will try to stick with it til I'm done.

Remember Stephen King's book "IT"?

LOL, it took me three days to read that and I was so into it, I took a day off of work to finish it.

WELLLLLLL, As far as the game, Dumba$$ me didn't realize it wasn't being shown on t.v. until the last minute. So I ended up not watching it. I kept track of the score by the local Wausau station. I stayed down in the work room and stained a piece of furniture.

I didn't tell anyone around here cuz I'm sure they would have really thought I was a loser. LOL!!

People I talked to after the game, seemed to just be in shock. One saying "I Don't understand what happened" LOL

I gotta say I just kept a sad look on my face while I was chuckling inside.

They haven't conformed me yet!!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Congrats Aunti Night.

"Brent" I like that name. How did they come to choose that name?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Just wanted to post this before going.

Look how little he is!

edit on 28-1-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

She poked around online for baby names.

new topics

top topics

<< 337  338  339    341  342  343 >>

join