It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WW3 erupted would you help the war effort?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow some people got lots of rules for fighting so here's a scenario:
The acting president(WHOMEVER he should be) causes elements outside of the US to unify and start probing friendly countries. As the leadership continues to sit on it's hands, now they think he won't back NATO.So live firing starts in a smaller less important country and foot holds are taken and held... That's a "COLD WAR" people still die but it's just not us.

Then some guy hits the US with a nuke in a busy harbor and hostiles flood in from the south on each coast via container ships that are only camoed troop ships.
They somehow got passed ALL of our defenses and they are here...NOW WILL YOU FIGHT?

Also is anyone else also NOT assuming we have assets in space that are undisclosed? Maybe we have ALL the launch points covered,which would make it ...a SECRET. Unless the Devil worshipping Albert Pike fans actually DO exist and have it but then we should ALREADY claim that war global now.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yes. I already serve in the navy and am reenlisting for a second time. I don't do this to proliferate some corporate agenda or be a puppet. I just know that even though America might not be the most free, it's a lot better than what it would be if someone invaded. I serve the people of my country and the ideals. In the situation presented I would fight with no questions asked.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: truttseeker
I would fight with no questions asked.

Thats what normally ends up with a tyrannical government committing atrocity's and illegal wars.

Unquestioning loyalty and drone like obedience never ends well. For you all your people.

You just end up forgeten dead in some war with maybe if you lucky your name scratched in a rock as a memorial that few will ever look at and your country end up hated or shamed for it actions.

There is one thing in DEFENDING your country against hostile actions, I would do that. In fact I would even defend your country if attacked.

BUT its another to fight wars of aggression based on questionable grounds and outright lies without question.

Look at world war 2. Everyone rightfully respects the vet as hero's, we thank them for there service and will rember them for as long as our country exist.

Look at Vietnam. Does anyone even remember the vets? expect there family's? Anyone really thank them or worship them as hero's? You think in 50 years they will even be a single thought to them?

what about Iraq thing in a 100 years time years they will be remembered and worshiped as hero's or forgotten?

Thats the difference between a right war and a wrong war.

And im certainly don't throwing my life away to be hated and forgotten.
edit on 29-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I would help the "enemy." Whoever is fighting america would actually be fighting for the Constitution, and would not be the enemy. They would be ally of the We the People. Therefore, I would gladly assist them, as I have taken an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution --something our military and government has reneged on.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure i said I don't fight for the govt. Also I fight for my sons future, my wife's future, and all the people that I protect. My friend and I actually had a pretty long talk during a late watch about what we would do in a martial law kind of situation. Needless to say I took an oath sworn to protect this country and its' people. I'll personally never renege on that oath and I know a lot of people that wouldn't either. Also if you think someone would invade the US to "liberate" us and set up a new govt and be all happy then good luck. Fighting for the enemy isn't going to help the constitution. Our govt is a corrupt, terrible entity, but if someone invaded this country and you fought for them, then you would be worse than anyone in the govt. You're basically saying you'd help another country kill American citizens to uphold the constitution. That makes no sense to me.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: truttseeker

Right on seal...
You may know me and we may have met about 16 years ago.
One of your buds wrote a book called "Enemies Foreign and Domestic".
Your mind is your most powerful weapon.
Hope you guys are all doing well.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon
I would help the "enemy." Whoever is fighting america would actually be fighting for the Constitution, and would not be the enemy. They would be ally of the We the People. Therefore, I would gladly assist them, as I have taken an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution --something our military and government has reneged on.

So if you helped say Russia invade and take over the US you think as reward they are going to say here we will follow your Constitution? Or would they simply take contol of vital industrial and natural resource areas and then place a series of small dictatorships in other areas to maintain control. Which do you see a more likely. I also wonder what the hell you think is in the Constitution because you might want sit down and read it sometime if you think China or Russia are fighting for it.

As for the OP, I can be called back to active duty unitl the age of 60 so I guess I would off to do my part.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I also wonder what the hell you think is in the Constitution because you might want sit down and read it sometime if you think China or Russia are fighting for it.

You being in the military, I think you might want to sit down and read it sometime. Are americans really this dumb? Yes, they are.

It does not matter if Russia and China would be fighting for the Constitution, but believe it or not, they actually are (especially when you realize that the Constitution IS the Declaration). The leaders of China and Russia only want the best for the People.

However, have you ever heard, "An enemy of my enemy is my friend"? I don't think you have, or you are just too brainwashed to see the truth. Unlike you, I have taken an Oath to the Constitution and Declaration, AND I intend on Honoring that Oath (something our military members and police fall far short of). But that's okay, you can live in your little fantasy world. Can't say you haven't been warned.

I hate to break it to you, but this government, this military, and this corporate america are all terrorists in the eyes of the Constitution and Declaration. What? You don't think so. Well, buddy, I wouldn't expect anything more of someone who got their education in america. But the fact is, they are all terrorists. I will NOT defend a terrorist (since the Constitution makes that clear). So if the price for Honoring the Constitution comes at being a slave of Russia and China (because they sure won't show any mercy for americans who can't even abide by their own laws), then so be it, but I will Honor the Constitution, and if that comes at the cost of my Life, my Fortune, and my Sacred Honor, then so be it (oh, you might want to read the Declaration of Independence, since you really are ignorant of it).

As for the OP, I can be called back to active duty unitl the age of 60 so I guess I would off to do my part.

And really, what did you risk your life for to defend? You think this society is worthy your life? You are more of a fool than I could ever imagine, but hey, you went to school in america, so what can one expect. The white man comes to this Land, corrupts and pollutes it, usurps it from the Native Americans (the Hawaiians too), and those good People who only comprise 1% of the population, have a shocking 16% poverty rate...nah, man, this is NOT a country worth defending.

So I will defend the Constitution from domestic terrorists, and that, wake up, is your very own government, and now, it sadly includes you. You are a terrorist in the eyes of the Constitution. Shoo, terrorist, I have no time for your radicalism and fanaticism.

edit on 30-5-2014 by iosolomon because: (must be filled out)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

No.

If teh string pullers want war they can put themselves on the front line first.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

You are calling others fanatics and insulting them....after your introduction thread was about how you are the reincarnation of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, the ancient kings of everywhere, and Jesus to name a few.

Who did you swear an oath to? Yourself in your bathroom facing your mirror with a Marilyn Monroe wig on and covered in vaseline Which you used as adhesive for a printed copy of the constitution to stick to your body after the wax didn't work out?

You are insane my friend. Saying you would help the invader, after basically insulting millions of people in the US is just more proof of your inasanity.

I wouldn't normally care how insane you are but you are aggressive and rude. You seem like the type of person to go on a shooting spree after taking his cocktail of drugs all to promote his view of being Jesus Christ.

If an enemy invaded and you were helping him out I would shoot you first.

Traitors should die before the enemy. They are worse.

edit on 5 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon

originally posted by: MrSpad
I also wonder what the hell you think is in the Constitution because you might want sit down and read it sometime if you think China or Russia are fighting for it.

You being in the military, I think you might want to sit down and read it sometime. Are americans really this dumb? Yes, they are.

It does not matter if Russia and China would be fighting for the Constitution, but believe it or not, they actually are (especially when you realize that the Constitution IS the Declaration). The leaders of China and Russia only want the best for the People.

However, have you ever heard, "An enemy of my enemy is my friend"? I don't think you have, or you are just too brainwashed to see the truth. Unlike you, I have taken an Oath to the Constitution and Declaration, AND I intend on Honoring that Oath (something our military members and police fall far short of). But that's okay, you can live in your little fantasy world. Can't say you haven't been warned.

I hate to break it to you, but this government, this military, and this corporate america are all terrorists in the eyes of the Constitution and Declaration. What? You don't think so. Well, buddy, I wouldn't expect anything more of someone who got their education in america. But the fact is, they are all terrorists. I will NOT defend a terrorist (since the Constitution makes that clear). So if the price for Honoring the Constitution comes at being a slave of Russia and China (because they sure won't show any mercy for americans who can't even abide by their own laws), then so be it, but I will Honor the Constitution, and if that comes at the cost of my Life, my Fortune, and my Sacred Honor, then so be it (oh, you might want to read the Declaration of Independence, since you really are ignorant of it).

And really, what did you risk your life for to defend? You think this society is worthy your life? You are more of a fool than I could ever imagine, but hey, you went to school in america, so what can one expect. The white man comes to this Land, corrupts and pollutes it, usurps it from the Native Americans (the Hawaiians too), and those good People who only comprise 1% of the population, have a shocking 16% poverty rate...nah, man, this is NOT a country worth defending.

So I will defend the Constitution from domestic terrorists, and that, wake up, is your very own government, and now, it sadly includes you. You are a terrorist in the eyes of the Constitution. Shoo, terrorist, I have no time for your radicalism and fanaticism.

This is what I mean. Your just making stuff up. Where in the Constitution does it mention terrorists? You also seem to think that Declaration and Constitution are the same thing. They are not. You can not make things up and expect people to buy into it. And if you want to pull out your copy of the Constitution it decribes what you would be doing in article 3 Section 3

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Maybe your version of the Constitution says aiding the enemy is ok but, the US Constitution would say you are commiting treason. You should really try reading the thing before you swear an oath to it.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

You are calling others fanatics and insulting them....after your introduction thread was about how you are the reincarnation of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, the ancient kings of everywhere, and Jesus to name a few.

Who did you swear an oath to? Yourself in your bathroom facing your mirror with a Marilyn Monroe wig on and covered in vaseline Which you used as adhesive for a printed copy of the constitution to stick to your body after the wax didn't work out?

You are insane my friend. Saying you would help the invader, after basically insulting millions of people in the US is just more proof of your inasanity.

I wouldn't normally care how insane you are but you are aggressive and rude. You seem like the type of person to go on a shooting spree after taking his cocktail of drugs all to promote his view of being Jesus Christ.

As loath as I am to admit it your right here.

Theres a HUGE gulf between refuseing to fight in a war you think immoral and remaining netural and activly adding and abetting the enemy.

For such things things a kick clean death should be a blessing, people like that normaly end up meeting sticky endd. As neutral as I may be I certainly wont offer such people my protection or sympathy, collaboraters are only above pedophiles and rapists in the human pond of scum.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well I'm in Venezuela. I don't think our current apparatchik president is as crazy as Castro is/was on the 60s/70s, don't get me wrong,my communist government is nuts but not enough to let a military base here. Our military consists of extremely corrupt drug dealers, young men who have no combat training and are used to shooting unarmed people running away from them,the National Guard's main objective is to smuggle medicine and food to Colombia,our tanks,planes and ships are all old Russian and Chinese junk, and there are a lot of small guerilla factions that terrorize us citicens but i'm not so sure they would support the govt in a war or maybe yes with all the cuban indoctrination.

So chances are I would NOT join the war effort and if things get ugly where i live i'm pretty sure i'd run someplace else.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I presume you are an american, right? I am not familiar with the Constitution and Declarations of other Nations, so in other Nations, I might "technically" be labeled a traitor; however, all european Nations are a failure unto themselves and their people.

Now, if you are an american, you, my friend (actually, enemy), are the traitor. This government is NOT abiding by the Constitution. Therefore, according to the Constitution, this government and ALL those who defend said government are terrorists (and by extension, traitors). So if an enemy invaded, you should shoot yourself.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

This is what I mean. Your just making stuff up. Where in the Constitution does it mention terrorists?

It seems that I made a gaffe, like Bill Clinton did when he said the Constitution contained the phrase "of the People, by the People, for the People."

You should really try reading the thing before you swear an oath to it.

It is the Oath that has the phrase domestic enemies. So I misremembered it as saying terrorists, same difference.

You being in the military, you took the same Oath as I did, and you are reneging on the Oath by choosing to defend the domestic enemies (which is, ironically, the very same government that made you take the Oath...)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The world is currently split between the Chinese mafia/Russian mafia alliance and the NATO Wall st/Vatican/city of London mafia,not that the world would be any better under Russia or China but I dont have a dog in that fight.If WW3 becomes Islam vs the rest of the civilised world then I might get involved.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Theres a HUGE gulf between refuseing to fight in a war you think immoral and remaining netural and activly adding and abetting the enemy.

Actually, you are using the wrong comparison here. There is not much of a difference between refusing to fight in a war you think immoral and fighting against a government that you think is immoral.

For such things things a kick clean death should be a blessing, people like that normaly end up meeting sticky endd. As neutral as I may be I certainly wont offer such people my protection or sympathy, collaboraters are only above pedophiles and rapists in the human pond of scum.

Says who? You? Your standards? You americans are so beautifully brainwashed that I will be cheering the Asians on as I watch your "beautiful" Nation burn to the ground. America bless itself!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You got one thing wrong.

Im English not american.

And China not going to be toppling the USA for another 50 years at LEAST.

Empires rise and empires but I doubt the current EU/American empires is going to fall in my life time.

Sure the US debt time bomb will go off soon and propell the USA into the 3rd world, but the rest of the world will go down with it, the USA may end up a hobo but it will still be king of the hobos.

O it will one day im sure the USA will meet its demise but not today and not in the foreseable future.
edit on 31-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
You are a sympathizer now I guess.Sorry man,I'd say NO but they aren't listening.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join