It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WW3 erupted would you help the war effort?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

If our country errupted in a revolt against our government, would you sign up to protect the government, or rise up to protect the people?

Since no one responded to your question I guess I will.

I would sooner die than support the government in a civilian uprising. I am not saying that I would outright support the people either. They may earn my bad side if they are just useful idiots running amuck and taking advantage of a situation like a belligerent mob. If they were honest in their efforts and true to their purpose I could support them.

I would love to see this government fall. I would not like to see it fall out of spite or just for the sake of it falling though. If a worthy alternative wasnt produced BEFORE the uprising to usurp power then I would not like to see the government fall. There are still plenty of good people in its ranks.

I would not kill my fellow citizen under almost any circumstances though.

Other scenario in this value check.

If my family was killed by this government or imprisoned.

I would still not take up a cause and especially not someone elses. I would however learn to hunt "them" and kill "them". (banking and political elite is "them"). It would be about vengeance. If my family was taken from me I would take as many of "them" and their family with me before I am caught or killed. I wouldnt become an alcoholic sad mess. I would focus and train for about 5 years and plan a series of reprisal attacks aimed at killing the banking and political elite I felt were responsible according to their level of involvement along with who ever actually carried out the act against my family. If I succeeded in my primary purpose of killing those responsible I would continue with a new list which included all their cohorts and support groups. I would not kill a single person in law enforcement or in the military though, even if they were told to try to catch or kill me. They too our my fellow citizen.

I wouldnt be a mad angry mess trying to go out with a bang. I would be quiet and precise enough to escape and kill as many of my primary target as possible before being killed or caught.

Short of those scenarios, I would try to live my life in peace and enjoy my family in what ever mess of a world we are forced to live in. I am not one to take up other peoples causes or see myself so arrogantly as to think I am special and worthy of destroying the system so many people depend on in favor of some quaint idea I or some other gem of the human race came up with as its replacement.

I wouldnt be Mr freedom fighter killing people for a "newer" world order under some douche like Russell Brand or a modern day Che. If such a false leader arose to lead my country and people into revolutionary chaos I would probably be pitted against him if I thought his intentions were less than honest. If HE was directly or indirectly responsible for killing or hurting my family in a serious manner I would apply everything I just said to him and his little revolutionaries. I still wont kill law enforcement, military or fellow citizens. Not even those dumb enough to follow him from afar.

They wouldnt earn my wrath, but those in leadership positions within the movement I would absolutely kill.

and thats about it. With no family or a with a threat to my family: I would kill the people responsible out of vengeance or survival. No random revolution for me though. It would have to be honest and true.

Otherwise I will be content to just be a father and a husband.

To everyone who responded thus far:

I hope that this little window I just opened into my mind doesnt show too much unpleasantness. I know these are all very dark thoughts but I can entertain them and still be myself after, so I did. I hope you can as well.

Thanks for the responses thus far. You were honest and for that I thank you no matter what your position was.

Have a good one

Hold it down.

edit on 5 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've been deployed to 3 wars, I've done my share.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think i would probably die in the blast...
a reply to: tadaman

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Is this a propaganda piece? Sorry, I didn't read through, but it sounds like a sales pitch to me.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: frayedknot

Then read it.... or dont /dont comment. I dont even know how to respond with dignity to sloth.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'd willingly fight alongside my fellow Americans in a heart beat.

Under whose command is highly circumstantial though. If my governments stance is against the best interest of my people; then my effort and participation shall reflect so.

Touch a foot on our beaches though and I'll mow you down.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

If it comes to it, I will fight with whichever side stands for the Constitution. Since I'm judging solely for myself, I get to decide for myself which side is closest to it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Supporting the war effort would include me giving them my teen kids and no way no how would that ever happen.

edit on 22-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Just for the record.

If the USA was attacked without provocation, I would help my brothers and sisters the other side of the Atlantic.

But if the USA or my own UK started WW3? Screw em.

I think enough Americans have died from Europe's wars.

If the North American Continent was invaded Me and mine would fight.
edit on 22-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I can understand that. I dont think as a parent anyone could willingly send their kids into harms way. In this hypothetical situation it is more of a personal choice though.

I just want to say it again, no one has to respond with their answer if they dont feel comfortable doing so. I think enough people have weighed in to gage where we would all stand for the most part.

You can respond with other thoughts or another related topic. I dont want to put people on the spot for their position either way. I can respect a choice either way it goes.

EDIT TO ADD:
a reply to: LDragonFire
I would personally fight and die for our European brothers. If the UK was in a jam for example, I would help out anyway I could and thought appropriation to the emergency. I would fight for Europe if they needed soldiers to survive. Maybe I think its reasonable because my ancestry is European but more than that I think its about helping an ally if they really needed it. I see them as our cousins /neighbors. They are Still family or at least part of our community. I wouldnt watch them suffer from the safety the Atlantic affords me.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I don't really post much lately, but I am disturbed somewhat by this, so I quote your post in full. But, the part that gets me is when you say: ""I would do any and all things required to win. I would even embrace the worst part of human nature if it meant we would win and they would lose. If I couldnt live with myself afterwards then so be it.""

I only ask, Why not embrace the BEST PARTS of Human Nature to win something for ALL of Humanity instead of taking a wannabe hero macho stance?
I will stick with the downtrodden in a positive fashion regardless of what the World around me is doing. Imagining using that side of human nature is just as easy as what you suggest. And you would have NO Problem living with yourself if you acted in such a manner.

[quote]originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Phage

There is no other option in a world war. In this world the only way to "win" such a war is by eliminating the ability of the adversary(ies) to wage war. There is only one way to do that.

would you do that?

You really dont have to answer. I dont want to seem like I am pushing you into answering. I was just entertaining a thought I have been having as of late.

I would do any and all things required to win. I would even embrace the worst part of human nature if it meant we would win and they would lose. If I couldnt live with myself afterwards then so be it. At least my family and my people would be better off for it and I could die knowing that much. Thats how I see it anyways.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Your welcome to go fight here or there, but the ruthless in both countries would say they are supporting the war via selling you weapons to go fight each other. They are in it for profit, not for the best interests of either side so you would be playing a fools game. How many times do the ruthless have to tell us that they are in it for profit alone and not for the best interests or social support of this country?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EarthCitizen23

I dont see the confusion.

I do embrace the best parts of me. I live what I preach. I love life and I am a well adjusted, soft spoken person who is generally loved by others for the love I give. I am happy and good. I truly am.

If my family or my people were threatened I would stay true to that potency and turn to the opposite side of that spectrum. I would embrace the bad as fervently and fully as the I do the good.

If I had to...HELL YEAH.

Macho? no. Human YES.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Maybe so,

I know that. I just dont see it as even mattering in a War time.

If this specific scenario of WW3 broke out I would try to have it end as quickly as possible so less of my people have to die while they negotiate and work out their back door deals. I have no power over that. I would be able to influence how many of my own people died by stopping the other unfortunate SOB shooting at me and my people.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Exactly my point, when Humanity is up against the wall, inevitably it thinks it has to lash out in violence to achieve a Peace that will never come with violence. The point you refer to is exactly the tipping point for humanity. Do we continue to use violence to 'win'? I am by far 100% Pacifist, but I know that Real Change only happens when we rise above our Primal instincts to retaliate with more violence when violence is used against oneself. It is difficult, but needed for us ever to progress beyond the petty Nation-State tribal mentality of the herd model that has been our collective history.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, rally the troops! Let's enlist our children and loved ones, so that we can give MOAR to this country that is robbing us blind. Can I please sign up to further the agenda of those powerful people, who make sure that insider trading is legal for them and illegal for us? Can I please vow the blood of the people I love most to help them turn a profit and further their political prowess? Can we get it started soon because I am itching to kill a mother, father, kid, dog..anything.
Pipe-line gas: China, Russia, BRICS
FIAT
War has been in the works for a long time. As far as my family goes, we are not going to fuel THEIR pockets, (with blood or money).
Have fun playing soldier.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hurrumph! This government is a farce! Lemmings I say, lemmings! Please don't follow blindly over the cliff.
We are all part of the human family. No matter what country we happen to be born into.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join