It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WW3 erupted would you help the war effort?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I would venture to ponder whether anyone would really have a choice in the matter at all in reality.

Also whether most would even realize they haven't or have a choice in the matter or even care to realize either way if they do or not.

We all work within a rather narrow set of parameters, and those parameters are becoming narrower by the second and soon enough you will suffer the consequences of thinking the wrong thing if technology and those who control it for fun and profit have their way with you.

It's looking like "They" will have their way eventually, or at least till the batteries run down or something else happens that makes more realize how fake everything is.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I would venture to ponder whether anyone would really have a choice in the matter at all in reality.

Of course one has a choice even if its prison or the army.

Id rather go to prison than serve my time in a illegal or immoral war like Vietnam or Iraq.

Too me its more cowardly to ignore ones consistence and values just to be obedient t and avoid jail.
edit on 1-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There is a difference between a choice and an ultimatum.

Choice involves more than one thing or another, more than this-or-that and nothing else.

Choice is an illusion.

a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Most of the guys that I knew in the Viet Nam war were drafted into service and would only fight and kill to protect their buddies from harm.

The other option was for us to go to Canada and leave our friends and neighbors for fend for themselves.

Who is the coward?

Many guys have now returned from Canada to visit the graves of the friends that died for them face down in the mud.

Who is the coward?

Please don't take offence to my rant as I have lost my best friend to that war. He never made it past the age of 21.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis

The other option was for us to go to Canada and leave our friends and neighbors for fend for themselves.

Or to STAY at home and face the consequences of NOT joining IE Prison

Who is the coward?

Likley neither.

Its down to the individual and there conscience. I wont call those that fought cowards, but I would not call those that stayed and faced jail for there own convictions.

Many guys have now returned from Canada to visit the graves of the friends that died for them face down in the mud.

Dies for them? how?

Vietnam was not invading the USA. Those that refused to serve are not responsible for those that followed the war drum.

Who is the coward?

neither those that went to war or stayed and went to jail.

Not too keen on those that ran to Canada. They should have taken there jail time with pride!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yes, the ones that stood up to the tyrants and faced a prison sentence are not cowards.
I was court martial for not shooting two people as I chose to capture them instead.
I did NOT want to take another human life!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ahh, do I really have to do this?
The reason I asked the question, is because I have learned a bit about propaganda and how it has influenced the american society since just after the depression. Sigmend Frued's nephew was very influencial in shaping the way people think. His name is Eduard Bernays. Here is a link to read about him.
en.wikipedia.org...
This is pertinent because the US govt. has actively used his methodology to influence people for almost a century. War times and elections are the strongest pushes for media based mind control tactics.
Propaganda has been used to motivate people en mass to go to war.
2012yayas.com...
So, you start a thread, asking if people will readily go to war: and being a conspiracy slanted person (reason for being here) naturally, I questioned your motive.
In return for asking serious questions and contributing to your thread, you have libeled and accused, spewed forth accusations and venom. Believe it or not , it was never personal. I do question why my comment was singled out for such vitriol. Perhaps you are not a young patriot, but a govt. shill on a mission.
If you are a strong patriotic soul, please find and objective friend to read though this and realize, that it is not directed at you personally. There is no need for the kind of slanderous name calling and hurtful things that you are accusing me of.
a reply to: tadaman

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: frayedknot

then do like everyone else.

Say your peace, yes no and move on.

Accusing me of being a shill is BS. I dont appreciate it. You then went on to post less than noble comments that were less than serious.

You wont help. Good.

Everything else you have to say about me, my motivations, and your sentiment about what I stand for is irrelevant and no one cares.

anything else? or do you want to completely derail this thread and make it about you? "Oh you called me names"

YOU acted like a jerk. You were the only one who couldnt get along here and everyone for the most part had different opinions. What happened after that was your choice and is rooted entirely in your terrible personality. No one cares.

EDIT TO ADD:
Act like you were being innocent and weren't laughing your troll head off...pfft. Please, how lame.
edit on 6 3 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks! Well said...

To preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States Of America!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I dont think I would enlist but I would move into the hills with my family. We have a small arsenal and our town of 2900 people would probably help each other. Of course that's best case scenario. I believe I could survive without the help of any army.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I am really not sure. I think I would enlist (i would need a weight waiver again, but hey, isnt that what war is all about?). I would do it for my family, to keep my wife and daughter safe. Whether or not you believe in the cause you know that if they enter our country our people will most likely not be treated well. I would nlist just to keep that from happening. Drill Instructor, lube up my rifle, I am coming home.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkAngel8
I dont think I would enlist but I would move into the hills with my family. We have a small arsenal and our town of 2900 people would probably help each other. Of course that's best case scenario. I believe I could survive without the help of any army.

Some ones been watching too much red dawn

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Would I willingly? No.
Would I if drafted? F no, and that's where the up-swell of anti-military militia would begin. The draft really is a mockery of freedom, because it gives you no choice whatsoever. I could be persuaded to fight against, how shall I call it, 'indentured service' if it was widespread enough to warrant such a backlash of force.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
“The first world war came and its cost was laid on the people.
The second world war — the third — what will be the cost.
And will it repay the people for what they pay?...
The little girl saw her first troop parade and asked,
‘What are those?’
‘Soldiers.’
‘What are soldiers?’
‘They are for war. They fight and each tries to kill as many of the other side as he can.’
The girl held still and studied.
‘Do you know ... I know something?’
‘Yes, what is it you know?’
‘Sometime they’ll give a war and nobody will come.’

~Carl Sandburg

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
All of you guys make very well thoughtful points and most here on this forum understand that war is just ultimate politics.

The big mouth politician seeking more power and control commit our young people to fight for their greed.

Our mass media stand to make big money during time of trouble and often help fan the fires of war.

The average guy and gal just want to be left alone and raise their family in peace.

It is the narcissistic megalomaniacs and power hungry control freaks that cause wars.

Vote them out of office and save your friends and family from an early grave.

WEAK-UP AMERICA!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I should explain that if push comes to shove I stand ready to protect innocent people from harm.

Don't be fooled by the media about Waco or Ruby Ridge as I once was.

THINK!

QUESTION!

AND THEN ACT!

NOT...READY, FIRE, AIM!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
From the point of view of one who went through duck and cover drills...
In a world war you would have neither the opportunity or option to help either the war effort or yourself.

Pour your favourite adult beverage, put on your most comfortable clothes, grab your honey and head out onto the porch to watch the fireworks.

Why worry?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well, typical sheeple thinking... survival of the herd.

I would grab my family and move as far south I can to the most hidden and secure place I can find and wait until all assholes responsible for the war as well as those idiots who willingly PARTICIPATE (for whatever reason) in it have done their job of cleaning the world from themselves!

K03

edit on 8-6-2014 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

You can kill the soldiers on the other side. You can build weapons for your people to kill the soldiers on the other side.

Do you not hear yourself, you sound like an insane psychopath quite frankly. The "people on the other side" are just human being like you, normal every day people who you've never met and if you got to know them you'd probably like them. If soldiers like you weren't so keen to "enlist tomorrow" and you refused to do the bidding of our lunatic leaders, then there wouldn't need to be a war in the first place. WW3 wouldn't even happen if we refused to kill each other en mass like a bunch of retards.

Great reply, 100% agreed! I would give your post 100 stars if I could!

K03

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Expat888
Oops.. used those to light my cigar with ..

Just think while all the sheeple are off fighting we get left with the women

Count me in please!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join