It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WW3 erupted would you help the war effort?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: frayedknot
Is this a propaganda piece? Sorry, I didn't read through, but it sounds like a sales pitch to me.

I had exactly the same thought! Also the avatar he uses with that "I AINT AFRAID" caption... very suspicious.

K03

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
All depend how things unfolded for me have to enter battle.Might help at a hospital.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

NO

Their government is no different than our government, especially since Obama has slammed transparency shut and greatly enlarged spying on the American people, and openly punishing dissenters with the IRS etc.

We have had a lovely Russian exchange student staying with us the past 9 months. As far as government is concerned, there is really absolutely no difference between life under Putin and life under Obama.

Oh wait, there is one difference, Russia doesn't persecute Christians or try to make Christians hide their faith in public, or subtly try and make the populace hate Christianity.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

No they persecute gays and all dissidence.....throw people in prison for opposing their leadership and kill off anyone opposed to their goals. They also send out troll armies to promote propaganda after they invade and STEAL LAND from sovereign nations.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kid_of_3NKi

and you and him seem like you are part of the Russian troll army.

You could be the same person with different accounts.

Just getting "dat check" huh. How does being a paid troll pay? Well, not so well, you get free tuition? what?

edit on 6 8 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

No they persecute gays and all dissidence.....throw people in prison for opposing their leadership and kill off anyone opposed to their goals. They also send out troll armies to promote propaganda after they invade and STEAL LAND from sovereign nations.

Sounds a lot like the US.

We persecute Christians
we use the media to tell lies and destroy people's lives
we use drones to kill our own secretly
we DO kill off people opposed to Obama's goals, but we kill their livelyhood, their self respect, their families through the media which can be worse than a quick death

We have the biggest propaganda machine in the world to send out "our" message, hollywood and the mass media who would do anything for master O.

The US government as it stands today is no better than the government under Putin, perhaps worse because it Obama pretends his TSA,NSA,IRS,EPA are really doing what is "best" for the people all the while repressing people.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

If someone is opposed to your opinion, he comes from the "enemy's" side (Russia) or he is a troll... riiiiight

Btw., the YT video isn't working.

K03:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As an FYI and why I say NO

I was born and raised and married into the active duty Army and spent over 50 years of my life in it.

I have traveled the world and lived in Asia, Europe and many many of the 50 states.

In the past I might have agreed with you. The US was the best country in the world.

But no longer.

The people in power have destroyed it with their over regulations and ever increasing spying on the lives of ordinary Americans.

The death knell happened on Obama's watch as he did the opposite of all he promised and made everything he touched worse.

It is now forbidden to say certain words (not swear words) in the US.

It is forbidden to do business according to ones principals or one is sent to (sensitivity training) re-education.

It is forbidden to even have certain thoughts without steep criminal penalties if any of ones actions even have the slightest wiff of those thoughts.

We are now a repressive and extremely repressed country - No better than Putin's Russia

OP are you Obama testing the waters for a war? That is who and what you sound like, a spoiled brat wanting to kick ass of someone who has embarrassed you.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

BRAVO!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

well you are the one accusing me of being a shill. I think its par for the course.
SO because you dont agree with me I am a shill?

and you try to use the same reasoning to defend your opinion and denounce me when I do it. Interesting.

You are looking more like a Russian troll more and more.

Think about what you first posted and then what you said when I did the same thing as you.

Either you are a troll or just dumb.

Thanks, vid is working just fine now.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

OP are you Obama testing the waters for a war? That is who and what you sound like, a spoiled brat wanting to kick ass of someone who has embarrassed you.

The hell is wrong with you?

YOU sound like an angry old dumbass about to die and trying to crap on his people and country as much as possible out of spite of mortality. Let me guess you never served but consider being married into the army as an ARMY WIFE your time served....oh dear God....and you call me a brat. OK princess.

Have I been rude to you? Have I accused you of anything even though you sound like a propaganda trolling idiot?

NO.

You sound like a brainwashed fool. Why is it that the only people who cant post in a civilized manner are the ones who are supposedly from the left? I am sorry for those who are of left leaning ideals and managed to post like sane people. These idiots do you a disservice as well and give you a bad name.

I never endorsed a war with Russia. In this hypothetical situation I said I would enlist. I asked for others to say their intentions if they so felt like it. MANY had varying views. NO ONE except for THREE idiots were rude enough to call me out on simply speaking my mind. How tolerant of you.

EDIT TO ADD:
What do we have over Russia? We have gay marriage, freedom of press, the right to a fair trial, have had running hot and cold water for over a century, we haven't CONQUERED another nation and stripped them of land in more than a hundred years. We have all sorts of civil liberty groups that create oversight and checks and balances. We have all sorts of environmental groups that do the same.

AND a lot more I don't have to list. I never said the US was the greatest country. YOU read into that and assumed everything else. We have flaws like everyone else. Like you said though, Putin's Russia is no better. YOUR WORDS. (I hope they fire you)

EDIT TO ADD:

Here you said:

I am only for war if our country is undeniably attacked - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=grandmakdw#sthash.LODF7vKo.dpuf

Hypocrite.

By the way, because I think you are a LIAR: You were married to a US soldier right? Not a Russian officer or official? There is something off with you. The way you write. The words you use. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The hell is wrong with you?

YOU sound like an angry old dumbass about to die and trying to crap on his people and country as much as possible out of spite.

Have I been rude to you? Have I accused you of anything even though you sound like a propaganda trolling idiot?

NO.

You sound like a brainwashed fool. Why is it that the only people who cant post in a civilized manner are the ones who are supposedly from the left? I am sorry for those who are of left leaning ideals and managed to post like sane people. These idiots do you a disservice as well and give you a bad name.

I never endorsed a war with RUssia. In this hypothetical situation I said I would enlist. I asked for others to say their intentions if they so felt like it. MANY had varying views. NO ONE except for THREE idiots were rude enough to call me out on simply speaking my mind.

EDIT TO ADD:
We have gay marriage, freedom of press, the right to a fair trial, have had running hot and cold water for over a century, we haven't CONQUERED another nation and stripped them of land in over more than a hundred years. We have all sorts of civil liberty groups that create oversight and checks and balances. We have all sorts of environmental groups that do the same.

AND a lot more I don't have to list. I never said the US was the greatest country. YOU read into that and assumed everything else. We have flaws like everyone else. Like you said though, Putin's Russia is no better. YOUR WORDS. (I hope they fire you)

We live in a great country but I don't want to serve another administration, especially this one! Before you accuse me of the lack of patriotism, I have 24 years of service including two tours in Vietnam and Desert Storm. Finally, I was injured in a training accident that left me permanently disabled while serving this country. Am I bitter? Absolutely! Do I want more of this? NO, it's your turn!
edit on 8-6-2014 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

here is an exerpt from a doom poorn thread of yours talking about how Russian troops on US soil for a training exercise were going to take our guns away and invade the US for the UN.

Remember someone up there is watching over this great nation. we may very well find ourselves in a situation that requires us to fight for it in the near future if we want to keep enjoying the freedoms we now have - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=kissmygrits#sthash.nh4spdmm.dpuf

Were you trying to get the war drums beating then?

Hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

sir, I havent accused ANYONE of not being patriotic.

I said I would understand not wanting to fight in a war.

I swear some people dont read before they start up someones ass.

EDIT TO ADD:
If you are bitter get over it. No one forced you into the Army and you could of went to school. Your life is your own mess or victory.

Dont blame me or your country for your decisions.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't support Fascism so I would not fight for the UK, US and EU.

They create the wars to gain more power. All those Humanitarian excuses are just simply excuses to illegally invade and murder people!

To hell with that!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

here is an exerpt from a doom poorn thread of yours talking about how Russian troops on US soil for a training exercise were going to take our guns away and invade the US for the UN.

Remember someone up there is watching over this great nation. we may very well find ourselves in a situation that requires us to fight for it in the near future if we want to keep enjoying the freedoms we now have - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=kissmygrits#sthash.nh4spdmm.dpuf

Were you trying to get the war drums beating then?

Hypocrite.

My thread?????????? Do you think kissmygrits is me? WTH makes you think this? LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
yea I would help. help expose the lies and crooks for the truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dorrell
I don't support Fascism so I would not fight for the UK, US and EU.

They create the wars to gain more power. All those Humanitarian excuses are just simply excuses to illegally invade and murder people!

To hell with that!

Absolutely right, thats my point too

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I have a feeling that you are an ethnic Greek (Pontic or Rumeíka Greek) that has strong family ties to Russia. Your family Possibly emigrated from the former Soviet Union or you still have family in Russia. I am very familiar with the strong cultural and historic connections between Greece and Russia. Hell, Russian military units even participate in your military parades on a regular basis no? Train together, have countless accords and treaties both military and economic in nature....

You are pro Russia. Blindly almost. You are anti US, again almost blindly.

You only leave small and singular posts. Your account here on ATS could be honest, sure, but since we are on the subject of shills, I thought its fair game. Your account seems like a second gear shadow account. You and this kissmygrits account seem to be two extremes of the same coin.

He posts ravenous misinformation meant to keep the American people in fear. You post simple vitriol about the US and praise for Russia. I feel that kissmygrits is a dummy account and this kid_of_3NKi is your real account.

Its a common dynamic for internet disinformation. Play two sides and use the other to vindicate the "sane" reasonings of your preferred side.

If you were even SLIGHTLY anti establishment towards Russia for the same reasons you say you are about the US I would say you are being honest. Since you are not I will not.

I dont think you are a paid shill, rather you are an Ethnic Greek with strong ties to the former soviet union.

Thats why.

I could be wrong about the account being yours as well, though you work well with disinformation. So IMO it doesn't really matter. Its just as bad and biased all the same.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I have a different take on your statement. It's very true that I didn't read the whole OP and if you feel that I was "starting up you ass", well, I'm sorry. However, I don't blame anyone for my decision to join the army because overall it was a positive experience. My life is not or never has been a mess but it is infinitely more difficult in a wheelchair! Would I serve again? No! I have lost my warrior ethos and I would be more dangerous to my soldiers than to the enemy if that is a "good enough" reason for you. Furthermore, I blame no one for my decisions because I believe I made all the correct decisions except for the two soldiers that I didn't bring home...that's why I'm bitter and you can never get over something like that!

A soldier does not choose his wars only his battles. This administration is reckless in how it wages war and I choose not to offer my services to it. It is as simple as I can put it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join