It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If WW3 erupted would you help the war effort?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Okay so if I was alive during WW2 I would like to think I would enlist for the preservation and glory of our way of life. But now a days with all of the hidden agendas coming to light I simply cannot join knowing that I am fighting and may die for some rich a$$hole or something along those lines. If we were to be invaded than yes I would fight for self defense but motives today are extremely blurred.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

1 is in definite appreciation of those Soldierz who risk and lay down their lives for the Services To Others, RESPECTS…

My experiences within the phases of Life and Death within EXISTENCE however have taught me to Confirm Confirm Confirm that what may have been or is asked/requested of my SOUL/SPIRIT/INERNAL ENERGY or LIGHT* in the duties of war or PROTECTION of others, be verified as LEGIT request and not some hidden deceptive move against the for the interest of others.

For in the past some may have detected my Passions and Compassions for others within my Existence awareness maturing and possibly manipulated or used my SOUL/SPIRIT/INERNAL ENERGY or LIGHT*to participate in deeds 1 may not of been proud being part of. These deeds may of caused disposition/ unwanted locationing (ABYSS) of my SOUL/SPIRIT/INERNAL ENERGY or LIGHT* for time periods until my energy was refined-learned and understood better, hidden agendas used to manipulate those who FIGHT and get used and those who instigate the fighting. can imagine how many lifetimes were wasted due to me being ignorant of the manipulations...

So I LEARNED not to jump to quickly into wars w/o as many details related presented…

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If a global World War was on the horizon now 1 would request the GUIDANCE of "OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN" more and proceed w/ help from SOL and other energies of the celestial kind to assist HUMANITY overall, for 1 does have LOVE for ALL* here as well regardless of your landmass-religious belief system or race...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just for the record.

If the USA was attacked without provocation, I would help my brothers and sisters the other side of the Atlantic.

But if the USA or my own UK started WW3? Screw em.
edit on 22-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

No. I did my time in the Corps. Since then I've learned that there are better ways to solve problems than killing other human beings. I won't commit voluntary acts of aggression. I will defend myself to the death (hopefully his) if attacked.

What makes it the worst scenario for me is that this war would not be a war for freedom, liberation or anything other than for corporate interests.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The op has asked if there was another war, if people would be either for or against said war and help with the war effort. Having read what the op has posted, the following can be stated:

While assisting in a war is noble to the end, the problem is that there are a lot more complex issues to be thought about and discussed. But if it was with the governments at hand, the answer is no, I would not assist in the war effort, as I do not believe that there is any justification for such in the world today. It would be a war that would be far more devastating, as both sides, depending on who was fighting, would have all options on the table. The amount of dead would be far greater than before, the amount of damage would take years and generations to clean up. And for what, petty squabbles, and politicians who make grand speeches?

Very few politicians have ever seen first hand the destruction a war is brought on both sides, funny how it is not their children, their family that is marched off to kill the enemy. It is not their fathers, uncles, brothers, sisters, mothers, and family that goes off to fight for a cause. And the way the US fights a war, any more it is the politicians that have their hands in the decisions, and often do not want to bring out the full might. More and more people on the aggressive sides tend to be losing their lives, and for what, no gains, only to be stalemates and ultimately losing allies in the world.

be determined long before the first shots are fired, and it will require that one side definitely throws the first punch. And who ever throws the first punch will not win, There are a lot of variables, and some of the countries are all wild cards. They will sit and watch, seeing what happens and make determinations. If it came down to Russia versus the USA, the wild card will be China. As neither side can afford to have China give their full weight behind the other side.

And then there are the policies that happen after such, cause it seems that every time there is a war and the USA is involved, we end up paying for it all, to include the countries we attack, and build them up. Do we continue that ill afforded economic policy, passing on that debt to future generations?
The next major war, will not be fought in conventional ways and there will be no winners.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
No i would not, and you can chuck all the white feathers you want at me. I would probably go to the Pub until it all blows over.

I'll save you a seat at the bar and first round of drinks is on me ..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
No i would not, and you can chuck all the white feathers you want at me. I would probably go to the Pub until it all blows over.

I'll save you a seat at the bar and first round of drinks is on me ..

Il buy the second round. We can have a competition of who gets the most feathers

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Sounds good .. after a few rounds we could probably buiid a glider with the feathers ..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Sounds good .. after a few rounds we could probably buiid a glider with the feathers ..

We could put some paper mache on it made out of our call up papers

edit on 22-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Oops.. used those to light my cigar with ..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Oops.. used those to light my cigar with ..

Just think while all the sheeple are off fighting we get left with the women

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Good point .. hadnt thought that far ..

And now time to let thread get back on track ...

Think is good plan .. could also implement it for the apocalypse .. alien invasion .. or whatever disaster looms ..

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
God, Family, Country...these are the beliefs and reasons I would take up arms and place my life on the line. When it comes to Country, there are an awful lot of reservations. IF another country invades our homeland, an emphatic YES! IF our own government flips out and goes total Police State on me and my fellow citizens, hell yeah! Pretty much, that is it.

Beyond the scenario's above, I'm tired of seeing our youth going to war for political ideology. We can't fix the problems we face at home, much less anyone else's. As for the possibility that WW3 could only be a nuclear war, I would like to think humanity would never go there. Every soldier and citizen of every country lay down their arms and say Hell NO! I know, probability very low on that one, but would be an awesome sight.

to OP for a really good thread, and the chance to get a feel for what others think.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't participate as I would rather kick back with a Pepsi, some popcorn and watch it on the TV. There is no amount of soil on this planet worth dying over and no muppet in a suit will persuade me otherwise.

I pity the first person from whatever side who knocks on my door though looking for myself to do something I have no desire doing. I only protect three people. My wife, my kid and myself. The rest can look after themselves.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
No way in hell would I ever sign up and help the U.S. zio government. If anything, I think many people and militias would take advantage of the situation to go after the people in the American gov, federal reserve, etc., etc.. The only way I would fight is if we were invaded. That's the only way, and it will not be for the US government, it will be for my country and it's people.

I also doubt that their little draft solution would work because many people would draft-dodge to Canada or Mexico.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Defend your 'hood against both tyranny and terrorism, Homie!
It's a no brainer.
I'm too old for military service, but I would still do it from my front porch with a 12gauge.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There will be no world war.
At one time the only way to guarantee you would survive, was to eliminate or conquer your enemy.
After the advent and proliferation of nuclear weapons , the only way to guarantee your survival is to co-exist with your enemy.
We know it and they know it.
There will however be an endless string of smaller or regional wars. Those are good for business

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not a chance. In fact I think I would fight them here at home. The current PTB are more dangerous than a foreign enemy. They are insidious, patient, manipulative and control nearly all the means of propaganda, and they are trying to squash the last bastion of free speech through this criminal anti-net neutrality bill.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting read
Lots of different perspectives, and my first thought was:
"what if the war was not international, but internal"

Would you defend the leaders of this country from a revolting civilian population?

With the dissunity we see in this country and look at what has been happening to all the nations on the other side of the globe who's governments have been overthrown by its people:
Is it possible here?

If our country errupted in a revolt against our government, would you sign up to protect the government, or rise up to protect the people?

Just food for thought

X

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join