It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questionable Behavior of 'God's Prophets' from the Abrahamic Religions

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Gods justice is a little to harsh for the world
Sin is evil and it will bring about judgement.

Oh come on .... Joshua ripping through towns of people and killing every last human being .... every last baby in the womb and baby in the cradle ... every last animal as well ..... that's supposedly justice because those children and animals sinned? That's not justice. That's human butchery for a land grab, and to make it worse it's done in God's name.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Gods justice is a little to harsh for the world
Sin is evil and it will bring about judgement.

Oh come on .... Joshua ripping through towns of people and killing every last human being .... every last baby in the womb and baby in the cradle ... every last animal as well ..... that's supposedly justice because those children and animals sinned? That's not justice. That's human butchery for a land grab, and to make it worse it's done in God's name.

I am not going to deny the horror and the seemingly unfairness of the situation.
I dont understand why it happened, I will ask God why, if I ever see Him and have the courage.

But there is no doubt in my mind what you consider acceptable others will consider wrong and evil.
Who are you to judge
Who are you to decide what is wrong and right

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Who are you to judge

Again ... are you kidding me?

Mass Murder = wrong.
Slaughter of children and unborn children = wrong.
Rape = wrong.
Sex slaves = wrong.
Claiming to hear God's voice tell you to mass murder and rape = wrong

This isn't rocket science. Wrong is wrong.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

To have faith in something without truly understanding it is called blind faith. Islamic extremists have blind faith that blowing up innocent people is the right thing to do, that doesn't mean what they do is right though.

Justifying Yahweh's orders to kill innocent children and women is on par with those Islamic extremists killing innocent people in the name of Allah. Both are examples of blind faith. I'm sure you disagree with what those Muslims do, so why is it different for what the Israelites did? Seems to me there is a double standard being set.
edit on 5/23/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Islamic extremists have blind faith that blowing up innocent people is the right thing to do, that doesn't mean what they do is right though.

But that's the thing...according to their blind faith, we're not innocent. We are infidels, demon spawn, an insult to their great and glorious god.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Who are you to judge

If not me, then who? Do you think people should abandon what intuition tells them is wrong, abhorrent even, in favor of ancient religious texts claiming to espouse the word of "God"?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

My thoughts exactly. Christians justifying the Israelites actions is the same as Muslims calling people they kill infidels. Who cares if they personally did anything wrong, god said to do it so they must deserve to die.

Would Jesus ever demand people to kill others? If not, why did he do it with the Israelites? God doesn't change... except when he wants to apparently.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Islamic extremists have blind faith that blowing up innocent people is the right thing to do, that doesn't mean what they do is right though.

But that's the thing...according to their blind faith, we're not innocent. We are infidels, demon spawn, an insult to their great and glorious god.

Those extremists are killing other muslims and Christians with the worst manners.
They are the same as so called muslims who did kill the grandson of their prophet, Hussain and even his six months infant. Those terrorists are just carrying the name of Islam.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You dont have too look far to know that Jesus is the God of the OT. Just examine the "Day of the Lord" prophecies.

Matt 24: 29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL
BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 “And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31 “And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

What happens to non-believers when He gets here?

Matt 24: 37 “For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. 38 “For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 “Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. 41 “Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left

This is the Baptism of Fire where the wheat is separated from the tares.

Matt 3: 11 “As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 “His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Where else do we find this?

Isaiah 13: 6 Wail, for the day of the LORD is near! It will come as destruction from the Almighty. 7 Therefore all hands will fall limp, And every man’s heart will melt. 8 They will be terrified, Pains and anguish will take hold of them; They will writhe like a woman in labor, They will look at one another in astonishment, Their faces aflame. 9 Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, Cruel, with fury and burning anger, To make the land a desolation; And He will exterminate its sinners from it. 10 For the stars of heaven and their constellations Will not flash forth their light; The sun will be dark when it rises And the moon will not shed its light. 11 Thus I will punish the world for its evil And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless. 12 I will make mortal man scarcer than pure gold And mankind than the gold of Ophir. 13 Therefore I will make the heavens tremble, And the earth will be shaken from its place At the fury of the LORD of hosts In the day of His burning anger. 14 And it will be that like a hunted gazelle, Or like sheep with none to gather them, They will each turn to his own people, And each one flee to his own land. 15 Anyone who is found will be thrust through, And anyone who is captured will fall by the sword. 16 Their little ones also will be dashed to pieces Before their eyes; Their houses will be plundered And their wives ravished.

There are many other OT references, but I thing I've made my point.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
You dont have too look far to know that Jesus is the God of the OT.

You don't have to look too far to know that Jesus is NOT the God of a lot of the Old Testament. Show me where Jesus would tell people to mass murder and rape and kill children - both born and unborn? Good luck with that.

There may be some of God in the Old Testament. But not every prophet who claimed God told him to go out and mass kill was hearing the voice of God. If Jesus is God ... which I believe He is ... then GOD (Jesus) wouldn't be telling prophets to do the things they did.

It's just not there.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I dont know how much of my post you actually read, but Jesus is going to "mass murder" (as you put it) the unredeemed when He returns.

And FYI, war is not the same as mass murder. Murder is lying in wait to kill an innocent person. War is neutralization of the enemy. The Canaanites were enemies of God. They offered their own children as burnt offerings. They practiced ritualistic orgies. Jesus as the OT God ordered to have all of them exterminated for their sins.

Are you pro- Ba'al???

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

So war never ends with mass murder? Only enemies are killed in wars? No innocent bystanders are ever harmed?

It doesn't really matter what the difference is though, both are equally wrong.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The Canaanites were enemies of God.

Then why didn't God use LOVE to bring them out of their evil ways? Show Himself to them ... with love. The God of the New Testament says to be loving and patient and turn the other cheek etc etc ... the 'god' of the Old Testament shows none of this patience and love.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Jesus as the OT God ordered to have all of them exterminated for their sins.

Why was he such a coward that he had to get men, whom he had previously order "Do Not Kill", to do his dirty work for him?

Why didn't he just smite them himself, or better yet, make them unable to reproduce, so that they would die off into obscurity with their generation?

The God of the OT wasn't really very creative, or not very smart, and was kinda lazy too.

edit on 23-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I dont know how much of my post you actually read, but Jesus is going to "mass murder" (as you put it) the unredeemed when He returns.

And FYI, war is not the same as mass murder. Murder is lying in wait to kill an innocent person. War is neutralization of the enemy. The Canaanites were enemies of God. They offered their own children as burnt offerings. They practiced ritualistic orgies. Jesus as the OT God ordered to have all of them exterminated for their sins.

Are you pro- Ba'al???

Besides the doctrine of the eternal punishment of hell I've never seen anything as appalling as this statement.You are in error and know neither the scriptures nor the power of the creator God.
edit on 23-5-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Besides the doctrine of the eternal punishment of hell I've never seen anything as appalling as this statement.
a reply to: Rex282

Well, there's a first time for everything buddy. Read the scriptures for yourself. When Jesus returns, He will separate the wheat from the chaff, and burn the chaff. If you arent with Him, then you are against Him. This is taught in OT and NT, and Jesus taught the separating of the wheat and chaff Himself.

For all of you directing your dissatisfaction to me, its not me you are targeting, but Jesus Himself.

Im simply communicating what Jesus Himself said. Go back and read the verses I cited.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

Are you pro- Ba'al???

Besides the doctrine of the eternal punishment of hell I've never seen anything as appalling as this statement.You are in error and know neither the scriptures nor the power of the creator God.

And yet, as contrary as it seems, he believes in the same god you do. Same book, same name, same messiah. Imagine that. It's amazing how one absolute truth, through sheer faith, can result in such polar interpretations.
edit on 23-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The Canaanites were enemies of God.

Then why didn't God use LOVE to bring them out of their evil ways? Show Himself to them ... with love. The God of the New Testament says to be loving and patient and turn the other cheek etc etc ... the 'god' of the Old Testament shows none of this patience and love.

God was patient with the Canaanites. They had 440 years to repent, while Israel was in slavery and roamed the wilderness. God did show love, Israel was instructed to offer terms of peaceful surrender, or total destruction. All of the Middle-East heard of what happened to Egypt when they stood against God's people. If that wasnt enough to prompt repentance, then the Canaanites sealed their own fate.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I think this was the point all along, to keep people arguing over who is right and who is wrong. Together we stand divided we fall. Christianity is divided, it will fall sooner or later just like every other religion throughout history did. Christianity is the same old rusty car with a new paint job, a tool of stupification and division.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My thoughts exactly. Christians justifying the Israelites actions is the same as Muslims calling people they kill infidels. Who cares if they personally did anything wrong, god said to do it so they must deserve to die.

Would Jesus ever demand people to kill others? If not, why did he do it with the Israelites? God doesn't change... except when he wants to apparently.

Your saying God changed, He didnt. The law changed under Jesus
Jesus took on the burden of the law for those who accept Him
The law still stands

You are blaming the law, tooth for tooth, eye for an eye, the natural order of life

If you think its unjustified then be prepared for the final judgement that will be worse.
God is the judge
I am not and dont have a right to second guess Gods judgement

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join