It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questionable Behavior of 'God's Prophets' from the Abrahamic Religions

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I love God. I love HIM when He is happy with our actions, I love HIM when He forgives us of our wrongdoings, and I love HIM when He is done putting up with our #. He is worthy of praise. He also tries time and again in much patience to get our attention, offers forgiveness time and time again. He is very multifaceted. You cannot isolate parts, you must see the whole - as a whole.

ON ATS we say someone has misquoted something when only part of what was said or done is shown, without showing the whole story. The whole story bears being quoted, or we are just misquoting HIM.

edit on 24-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I dont know how much of my post you actually read, but Jesus is going to "mass murder" (as you put it) the unredeemed when He returns.
This is the product of your imagination since there isn't anything in the Bible that suports this idea that everyone is going to be killed by Jesus.

And FYI, war is not the same as mass murder. Murder is lying in wait to kill an innocent person. War is neutralization of the enemy. The Canaanites were enemies of God. They offered their own children as burnt offerings. They practiced ritualistic orgies. Jesus as the OT God ordered to have all of them exterminated for their sins.
"Murder" in the Bible is killing someone in a violent way, such as with a sword, which includes war.

Are you pro- Ba'al???
Baal is a title.
Elijah, when he fled from Jezebel, stayed with a widow who worshiped Baal, just not the same Baal as the one Jezebel worshiped.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Yeah everything you just said is WRONG. I quoted scripture. You contradicted scripture.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Yeah everything you just said is WRONG. I quoted scripture. You contradicted scripture.

Scripture contradicts itself. It doesn't need help with that.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Im sorry, but do you actually have something intellegent to say, or are you just spouting false accusations?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Im sorry, but do you actually have something intellegent to say, or are you just spouting false accusations?

False accusations? No, just proper research. As for something intelligent to say...there is one thing that comes to mind: men in glass houses should not cast stones.

edit on 24-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

men in glass houses should not cast stones.

Then you should take your own advice. The word of God is a fortress. Your shallow distorted attacks come from a glass shack covered in dirt. You cant see that your own walls can shatter at any moment.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

men in glass houses should not cast stones.

Then you should take your own advice. The word of God is a fortress. Your shallow distorted attacks come from a glass shack covered in dirt. You cant see that your own walls can shatter at any moment.

Words are cheap, just like your faith.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Words are cheap, just like your faith.

Is that it? Can you do no better? You cant disprove the bible without taking scripture out of context, and you cant take a dose of your own snake oil.

Like you said stop casting stones, lest one of your own stones bounces back. All you have proven is that you are faithless, insecure, and blind to the truth. If this were not the case, you would see the flaw in your own logic.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You cant disprove the bible........

Are you kidding? Disprove what?

Except for a few people here on ATS, I don't know of anyone who actually take the entire Bible literally! You can't prove the Bible is true and more than you can prove that God exists.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Except for a few people here on ATS, I don't know of anyone who actually take the entire Bible literally! You can't prove the Bible is true and more than you can prove that God exists.

Thats because most of the people on ATS jump from theory to theory with the change in the weather.

The bible can be prove to be one harmonious unit that shows a consistent mathematical pattern in its syllable metering. (I am preparing to examine it first hand)

The bible spoke of empires such as the Babylonians and Hittites long before modern archaeology confirmed their existance.

The actual Hebrew race and the Hebrew language (once considered dead) are still preserved today as recorded in the bible.

For those who have faith, some of us (myself included) have actually witnessed miracles, suffered supernatural attacks by demons, discovered ancient knowledge that was once forgotten. Things that doubters will not give the time of day to entertain.

The bible can be proven, and has been proven. That doesnt stop the world from mocking and rejecting it.

Im afraid many will realize the truth when it is too late.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The bible can be prove to be one harmonious unit that shows a consistent mathematical pattern in its syllable metering. (I am preparing to examine it first hand)

So can Beethoven's 5th symphony. A Nautilus shell displays perfect harmony, mathematical patterns and universal truths. It's not proof of a god.

The bible spoke of empires such as the Babylonians and Hittites long before modern archaeology confirmed their existence.

So did Homer. So did the Vedas.

The actual Hebrew race and the Hebrew language (once considered dead) are still preserved today as recorded in the bible.

So what?

For those who have faith, some of us (myself included) have actually witnessed miracles, suffered supernatural attacks by demons, discovered ancient knowledge that was once forgotten. Things that doubters will not give the time of day to entertain.

It's funny that you think you're the only ones that have a handle on the supernatural!

The bible can be proven, and has been proven.

No it hasn't. Can you prove Jonah survived 3 days inside the belly of a big fish? Can you prove that a "rib woman" was deceived by a talking snake? No you can't.

What can you prove, really?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

If you dont believe God exists, then why bother debating the subject. Athiests are too small minded to see passed the physical world.

The fact that we exist and miracles happen proves God exists. That is the most basic observation one can make.

The fact that a pattern exists in the bible proves that it comes from the same being. The fact that all miracles, demonic activity and spiritual phenomena are subject to the authority of Jesus Christ as stated in the bible proves the veracity of the bible.

All you have to do is connect the dots. You cant do that with blinders on.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Don't deflect!

You said that the Bible can be and has been proven. I've asked you "What can you prove with the Bible?". I assert that you can't even prove that God exists, with the Bible, let alone with math and cadence, which are trying to use to prove that the Bible is "God's Word".

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Wrong about what, that it doesn't say that Jesus is going to kill everyone?

You quoted Isaiah 13 (the Old Testament) that describes the land being overrun by an invading army, and the aftermath which is things like babies being smashed to death, and wives ravished after their husbands are run through with swords.

I think it is a serious indication if this is how you envision the coming of Jesus.
edit on 24-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Don't deflect!

You said that the Bible can be and has been proven. I've asked you "What can you prove with the Bible?". I assert that you can't even prove that God exists, with the Bible, let alone with math and cadence, which are trying to use to prove that the Bible is "God's Word".

Jesus exists, demons exist. Demons flee from Jesus name as stated in the bible. The NT claims that Jesus is the OT God. There is a mathematical pattern connecting the OT to the NT this pattern is at least 5248 years old. Making it older than the scriptures themselves.

So Jesus is God as stated in the bible, confirmed by miracle and math.

Care to show me how Im deflecting?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The NT claims that Jesus is the OT God.
It just claims that Jesus appropriated for himself the title used by the angel who appeared to Moses.
Jesus is the name of God, as YHWH was the name applied towards God in the Old Testament.
It doesn't mean that they are the same person.

edit on 24-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

OK, I read the OP all the way through, waiting on the punchline. It never came, leaving me with a "WTF?" feeling.

What WAS the point of the OP?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Again wrong. You're pretty good at being wrong. The Angel of the Lord is Jesus.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So now Jesus is an angel?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join