It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questionable Behavior of 'God's Prophets' from the Abrahamic Religions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: deadeyedick

You ask not for understanding but choose to believe a lie

That can be said of you ... closing your eyes to the truth and believing a lie. Noahs Ark didn't happen. Genesis didn't happen. Exodus didn't happen as the bible says. It's not a lack of faith to say that. It's just THE TRUTH. But you choose to believe a lie instead of the truth .... right?
It is not a lie for me since i have been shown. When i was young my faith took me very far and i now know the ways that even when you take into account science and history the bible is still completely true. It definitly defies earthly logic and is clear that unbelief in the word can be justified wrongly but at the same time the word can give much fuel to your unbelief. as for the muslims they shall be judged along with us. However there is a built in saving grace and that is the son. if any one shall stand before him and continue to not believe then so beit. It is my understanding that the devil has a nice place laid out for the ones that continue to refuse the unbelievable truth. wouldn't it be the #s if the devil ended up being some hardheaded ahole like me and you had to spend much time living out my fantasies vs simply asking for the holy spirit to help you see the truth within.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It is not a lie for me since i have been shown.

No bud ... something is either true or not. It doesn't change for each individual person. Either Noahs ark happened or it didn't. (it didn't). Either Genesis happened or it didn't. (it didn't). Either Exodus happened or it didn't (not like the bible says). Truth is truth. It doesn't change 'for me' or 'for you'. Either something is .. or it isn't ....

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

GOD gave you the ability to damn yourself without faith.
If you look to see what the Bible says to have faith in, you find two things mentioned:

1) God

2) Jesus

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

It is not a lie for me since i have been shown.

No bud ... something is either true or not. It doesn't change for each individual person. Either Noahs ark happened or it didn't. (it didn't). Either Genesis happened or it didn't. (it didn't). Either Exodus happened or it didn't (not like the bible says). Truth is truth. It doesn't change 'for me' or 'for you'. Either something is .. or it isn't ....
Yes the bible is true and i know how. For those without faith it seems like a lie. Perception changes our acceptence based on amount faith. Technology brings us closer and closer to understanding how these events can be true. we edge closer and closer to reaching a point that our ability to recreate the things around us will bring new light to the historical record and the eveloution of science will usher in an age where anything is possible and only the misunderstood is impossible. So possibly one day religion faith and science can start understanding the mind of GOD. Then we will perhaps realize that we have been here before.

If you came across someone beating a loved one would you end it if you could? If you could protect your family by defeating an army that would destroy you would you. if it was asked of you to show mercy to those you could would you? Perhaps the answer lies in the difference between males and females reproductive process and we lack the understandint to know exactly why the paths were chosen.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

GOD gave you the ability to damn yourself without faith.
If you look to see what the Bible says to have faith in, you find two things mentioned:

1) God

2) Jesus

It goes back to my previous question to you and that is does GOD control all things? the good,bad and ugly

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yes the bible is true and i know how. For those without faith it seems like a lie.

No bud. It IS a lie. There is no 'seems like a lie' about it.
Either it's true or it isn't. And large chunks simply are not true.
Faith has nothing to do with it. Truth is truth.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

. . . does GOD control all things? the good,bad and ugly
Is God controlling you?
If you think so, then is God responsible for everything that you do?
I think the more likely reality is NO.
As soon as you make a single exclusion, then saying "everything" is no longer a viable option.

edit on 22-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

What came first your lack of faith or your unbelief in the word?

Presuming this is not simply a rhetorical question:
My unbelief came first.

At about age 9, it (my unbelief) was solidified. Before that I took it as possibly truth, because the grown-ups were saying it. That I was unworthy so much as to gather the crumbs from under this tyrant's table. That I had sinned, in thought, word, and deed. That I was sorry for having left things undone, and done things against his wishes.

IT MADE ME FEEL LIKE CRAP.

The Prayer of Humble Access:

We do not presume to come to this thy Table, O merciful Lord, trusting in our own righteousness, but in thy manifold and great mercies. We are not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under thy Table. But thou art the same Lord, whose property is always to have mercy: Grant us therefore, gracious Lord, so to eat the flesh of thy dear Son Jesus Christ, and to drink his blood, that our sinful bodies may be made clean by his body, and our souls washed through his most precious blood, and that we may evermore dwell in him, and he in us. Amen.

Erm. Um. WHAT?! Ick.

Prayers of Confession and Pardon

Most merciful God, we confess that we have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you with our whole heart; we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. We are truly sorry and we humbly repent, for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, have mercy on us and forgive us; that we may delight in your will, and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.

Episcopal Book of Common Prayer

At age 9 (or so) I thought: "WHAT!?"

Wait. What? "We?" Who is "we", please? I WAS A LITTLE KID!!!

This is what I had been raised with.

ETA: Plus, the ridiculous stories of Jonah, and Noah, and Methuselah, et al......and all of the rest of it. Easily discerned by a CHILD to be ridiculous.

edit on 5/22/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Meh. I've burned Bibles (hey, I was cold - and it was fun), slept with those of my own gender, blasphemed the so-called Holy Spirit, lied, cheated, stolen...and the only parts I have ever apologized or desired forgiveness for are the actions which caused direct hurt to those who never wronged me. The rest of it, I can live with. Which, in itself, tells me everything I need to know about the two-faced egomaniac who wants my soul in exchange for not treating me like I'm a gooey stinking turd on his living room carpet.
edit on 22-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

the only parts I have ever apologized or desired forgiveness for are the actions which caused direct hurt to those who never wronged me. The rest of it, I can live with.

I hear ya.

If it doesn't hurt anyone else, then....

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Some pretty harsh stuff for kids, or anyone else, for that matter.
Luckily for me, my church's teachings growing up were pretty straightforward, which was "Don't sin".

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Some pretty harsh stuff for kids, or anyone else, for that matter.
Luckily for me, my church's teachings growing up were pretty straightforward, which was "Don't sin".

You really needed an entire religion just for that?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Gods justice is a little to harsh for the world
Sin is evil and it will bring about judgement.
Doesnt matter if you like it or not, thats the law.

Look what the US government did to native Americans, the Japs did to allied soldiers, Nazis did to Jews, Serbs and Bosnians, the list is endless.
You do know some people justify those atrocities and see nothing wrong with them.

God doesnt accept any evil and He doesnt use your scales of right and wrong.

Evil will be destroyed, the broken repaired

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

. . . the two-faced egomaniac who wants my soul . . .
Nobody wants your soul.
Unless of course you want it, meaning to keep it.
I think you may be confusing religious officials for God.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

If you were to read some of my posts on other threads, you would see I need every bit of it to argue with those who think it is not necessary.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

What are you saying? That what the American's did to it's indigenous people was God's justice? Or, is your point that God did nothing to prevent the evil, and that's God's justice?

Then why are the evil ones the most powerful ones on the planet as of yet?

When? At the end of time, the universe and all the fish?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If you were to read some of my posts on other threads, you would see I need every bit of it to argue with those who think it is not necessary.

Who think what isn't necessary? The religion, or the whole "Don't be a raging phallus" idea?
edit on 22-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Who think what isn't necessary?
Enough on this forum to keep me busy every day just about.
There are a few, and a couple I think who may have temporarily given up trying to argue their cause.
Oops, you mean "what isn't necessary?"
Not sinning.
They think that either you are saved by correct theology, or you don't need to be good, yet, but can wait until the afterlife.

edit on 22-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

If you came across someone beating a loved one would you end it if you could?

You mean like "Satan" burning my kids in some firey furnace?
Yes.

If you could protect your family by defeating an army that would destroy you would you.

Yes. Obviously. Without second-guessing myself either. Just Do It.

if it was asked of you to show mercy to those you could would you?

I do that often. More often than is warranted.

Perhaps the answer lies in the difference between males and females reproductive process

What? Okay, if you want to go that route:

Maybe, perhaps, it does. Because SANE women will never leave their kids to those who harm them. If war breaks out, the mothers will grab the kids and run. No interest in violence when there are kids vulnerable. No.

and we lack the understandint to know exactly why the paths were chosen.

What 'paths'? What are you talking about???

Like I chose to be a woman, and therefore am able to give birth, and concerned about the welfare of my children?

Maybe I did. But most men are war-mongers. Violent, unmerciful, and indifferent to the suffering of others.
Please note, I said "MOST" - and that assessment is based solely on my own experience with the world and the people in it.

edit on 5/22/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: borntowatch

What are you saying? That what the American's did to it's indigenous people was God's justice? Or, is your point that God did nothing to prevent the evil, and that's God's justice?

Then why are the evil ones the most powerful ones on the planet as of yet?

When? At the end of time, the universe and all the fish?

I guess what I was trying to say is that evil is relevant to the individual.
Some people dont see evil in evil things like others do

Who should be judge, who writes the law.

Stalin done right, so says communism, the crusades were Godly according to some.
Killing witches was fine, killing babys in the womb

But what if someone really repents, really regrets, really changes their lives for good, should their be some compassion

Who judges this...you.

What I mean is we need a law and justice, we also need compassion.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join