It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Skeleton Lake of the Himalayas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

it is placed into the wilderness where birds of prey

The places where this is practiced, they do not carry the corpse miles into the high mountains.

Yes, that's exactly what they do.

I have read about this many times and none were taken that far away, the generally were near the villages just like a graveyard, do you have an example I could read? Thanks.

Be it the remoteness of the location or the danger involved in reaching it, for whatever reason, these places have kept their mysteries to themselves over the ages, hidden in their dark corners of the world from the outside as time marches on around them. It is often pure accident that saves these historical oddities from eternal obscurity and dredges them into the light for us to finally take a look at
One such place lies high in the Himalaya Mountains of the Uttarakhand state of India; a small glacial lake called Roopkund.

The lake is located in a remote area of craggy glaciers, rocky chasms, and snow blanketed mountains, at an altitude of 5,209 meters (16,499 feet).

mysteriousuniverse.org...
edit on 24-5-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

If you say so.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: Char-Lee

If you say so.

I actually asked you a question I didn't "say so". Also another question why would they all be...

all three hundred pilgrims were pummeled to death

edit on 24-5-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche
(total theory crafting so take with a grain of salt)
well what if these people had captured a baby yetti? i mean mothers in nature are some of the most fearsome creatures encountered.from what the article says they were in a bowl like area near a small lake(as per ambush comments) so what if they found a baby yetti or some how captured one camped for the night intending to share their discovery with some king or ruler for gold/jewels. if anything would get a normaly skittish and loner yetti to go near a large group of humans it would be to protect its young......so mother or mother father duo finds out humans took their baby and they started smashing skulls while they were asleep to get their young back

not my area of expertise mind you but thats one theory i came up with

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

originally posted by: urmenimu
2] if there was a prisoner kneeling with their hands tied and it was your job to kill them with a club with a rounded rock attached to the end, where would you strike the prisoner to make the kill? ...on the back? ...on their legs or arms?

Answer: On the head only. But they said shoulders too which is odd...

Perhaps they missed?

There's evidence the medieval axe executioners sometimes missed the neck, when executing people by decapitation...they sometimes hit the shoulder blade, top of the head etc.

If this was a mass execution with only a limited number of executioners, i'd imagine they'd be getting pretty tired swinging a heavy stone attached to a club after 300+ executions.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Yea but like how do you determine it was hail after three hundred years lol.

The Bot

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Actually the scientists analysis is very odd, the strangest part to me is this...

www.outlookindia.com...

Finally, Lalji Singh's DNA tests at Hyderabad's Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology would also suggest an identity of this mystery "family" that died so cataclysmically. His findings support Walimbe's idea that they were relatives, since the DNA matched. He also discovered that some samples showed genetic mutations specific only to Maharashtra's Kokanastha, or Chitpavan, Brahmins.

Might the lineage that gave us Milind Soman, Dadasaheb Phalke, Kiran Nagarkar, V.D. Paluskar, Ajit Agarkar, Lokmanya Tilak have suffered catastrophically on a Himalayan slope some 40 generations ago? It's an intriguing thought.

If you look at pictures online you will see the massive amount of bones, some site claim there may be 400 or so more than the 200-300 mentioned in other places...HOW can you get even the minimum number as ALL FAMILY except those few they considered to be guides.
There were men, Women and children could a whole Family have been done away with in this way.

Brave scientists though look at that trail!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dlbott
a reply to: skunkape23

Yea but like how do you determine it was hail after three hundred years lol.

The Bot

Around 1200 years actually.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

But why was several hundred members of one Family even up there...very strange.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So it sounds like someone wanted to wipe out one family blood line. To hike up there with old and children seems ludicrous to me, maybe aliens dropped them there

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Skeletons? The picture shows a very fleshy foot... 1,200 yrs old? And hail? All with uniform blunt trauma to top portion of body?

I would bet that if there is no trauma to any of the lower areas of the people, then murder/warfare is the most logical explanation... other people are to blame. A hail storm would pummel people down, unconscious, and their entire bodies would be tenderized.

Has a ritual feel to it... or a massacre.

Neat find and post... thanks.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The site dates to a period when various Buddhist sects were vying for power in the Himalayas. There were competing kingdoms that were pretty savage against their opponents, and against non Buddhists, particularly the people still practicing shamanism.
It might represent the slaying of a competing ruling family.
Having the head bashed in is a common method of execution for nobility, in Asia.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join