It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scotscorps84

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

what if he was reading allowed the lyrics of jay z and nas' song "my president is black"?

Then the town would have the same right to respond as they do now.

By the way, you do know there's a difference between saying, "My president is black" and "every time I turn on the TV, I see that effing N-word" Right? Do you know the difference?

do i really need to reference you rap songs with obama and n*gga in them?

Lupe Fiasco – SNDCLSH In Vegas "Obama lied to you n*gga"
Kid Cudi – Is There Any Love? "they got to like a n*gga call me Obama"
Kendrick Lamar – Monster Freestyle "I bomb on Obama if that n*gga get in my way"
Hopsin-Nocturnal Rainbows "Obama's president, so? What's he represent? Just because the n*gga's half black don't mean he's Heaven-sent"
Game- Hard Times "Barack Obama but the only n*gga that can catch Osama"
J Cole-Aint that some # - "That n*gga walk like Obama man"
The Game ft. Master P - HVN4AGNGSTA "and i just voted for Obama n*gga"

But why are you confusing the issue by quoting rap songs? We know a lot of rap songs are offensive, filled with foul language, violent language and are very derogatory about women and full of drug references. But what does that have to do with the Racist scumbag that is the subject of this thread? I don't quote Slayer and Iron Maiden when I post in Christianity threads.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
and disrespectful towards the Office of the President of the United States.

That's fine with me. I have no problem with that.

Maybe you should be on stormfront instead of ATS?

People are starting to pull the 'stormfront' card like they do the race card or the god card.
I find that interesting.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Would you mind showing me where I defended this guy.

Because.....I didn't

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

what if he was just telling someone his favourite song right now?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

originally posted by: mrmeeseeks

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

originally posted by: mrmeeseeks
I love me some conservative dichotomy,

Lets see now, lets play a game.

Count the conservative "religious" that defend hate speech.

1 little, 2 little, 3 little hypocrites...

I am sure your invisible deity in the sky is real proud of your adherence to whatever conservative moral code you claim to adhere.

I am sure this Official is a bible belt Christian as well...

You wanna talk about a bigot?

Make you feel real big insulting people for their beliefs? You might as well be a racist.

A big damn

Hey, I believe we are all just humans, all equally deserving of respect and life based on your merit.

You start talking to sky people, and using it as an out to be a Racist Homophobes, well I gots a problem with that.

You need to check yourself sir. I'll keep my mouth shut now since you can't seem too.

Caps lock your heart out

I was making a fictitious point based solely off what happens when someone tries to use free speech as a means to attack someone else, while using a prejudiced point to make it.

Apparently, Conservatives have problems with being picked on because of Protected classes, you know, just like race.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Okay. Here's a thought... What if - and this has NOT happened...but What if President Obama, in a conversation with someone at a restaurant, made a racial slur against a person of X group of people (it doesn't matter which as long as it isn't his own race, or something like that...), and it was overheard by a waitress who then told a reporter who ran with the story - would that be out of bounds? Would the waitress be at fault for telling the reporter? Would it be all over the news? Would there be any group of people upset about this? Would there be people using it to persecute the President?

- AB

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mrmeeseeks
The political statements are out of place. You assume people are hardcore republican or democrat here. Most are not. Most here don't fall to the left/right illusion. The topic is possible racism and possible free speech issues ... not conservative/liberal and not religious/nonreligious.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

If you REALLY want to understand, you can read about it.

Why Black People Can Use the N-Word: A Perspective

Why is it okay for African Americans to use the N-word but not others (or mostly not others)? Isn’t it racist to say that only some people can use the word while others can’t? Doesn’t this create some unfair double-standard?

These are some of the questions one often hears in a discussion about the N-word and permissible use.

Surely, you don't think this guy, Copeland, was using the word as a term of endearment or camaraderie? He meant it as an insult. And it was taken as such.

I'm reminded of what Obama said about Sterling... "When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don't really have to do anything, you just let them talk. That's what happened here."

link   

He wasn't though, he replied to the original overheard conversation. and I quote him.

"I believe I did use the N-word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse [sic]," Copeland said in the email to his fellow police commissioners, part of which he forwarded to O'Toole. "For this, I do not apologize. He meets and exceeds my criteria for such."

link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
It would be all over the news .... and the waitress would be out of place for eavesdropping and repeating a private conversation. Maybe not legally wrong ... but still wrong. IMHO.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: kruphix

I'm glad you are here to explain.

Why is it one race of people cannot use a word.

Yet the culture that claims to be so offended by this certain word.

Uses it like a verb. Uses it as a term of endearment or as an insult.

Honestly, I don't like that word and I don't use it.

It seems to me if this word is so offensive to a certain group of people.

Why would they constantly use it in their own lexicon ?

Crickets ???

Because it's absolutely ridiculous.

link   

originally posted by: amazing

He wasn't though, he replied to the original overheard conversation. and I quote him.

"I believe I did use the N-word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse [sic]," Copeland said in the email to his fellow police commissioners, part of which he forwarded to O'Toole. "For this, I do not apologize. He meets and exceeds my criteria for such."

i just used it 7 times innocently?

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I'm glad you are here to explain.

Why is it one race of people cannot use a word.

Yet the culture that claims to be so offended by this certain word.

Uses it like a verb. Uses it as a term of endearment or as an insult.

Honestly, I don't like that word and I don't use it.

It seems to me if this word is so offensive to a certain group of people.

Why would they constantly use it in their own lexicon ?

I really shouldn't have to do this...I know you are just deliberately being obtuse...but I will entertain anyway.

Context is everything.

Are you aware that the exact same word can have two completely different meanings depending on who says it, where it is said, or in what context it is said?

An American says the word "fag"...it means one thing...a Brit says it and it means something completely different. One is offensive to say, one isn't. Are you angry that Brits can say the word "fag" and American's are looked at poorly when they do?

Same thing with the "N" word. In the hip-hop culture it has taken on a different meaning. I doubt you are part of the hip hop culture, so for you to say the word, it would take on the other very derogatory meaning.

Context is everything...do you honestly think this guy was using the N word in any other way than to be derogatory towards the skin color of Obama?

Do you honestly want to defend that?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Correct on all counts. He was using this term as a racial slur and in a derogatory manner. He is scum of the earth. We'll be better off without him and people like him.

link   
a reply to: mrmeeseeks

Would you kindly knock it off with the political and religious baiting? Take a hint that your posts are being removed and give it a rest. This has nothing to do with political persuasions or religion.

link   

originally posted by: SonoftheSun
Ok, FF. This thread's on fire !!!!

I'm thinking it's burning out. The original story on the TV that it was a 'waitress who is a witness' turns out to maybe or maybe not be true. So that kind of changes the dynamics of the story ....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So that kind of changes the dynamics of the story ....

It doesn't, though. A waitress has every right to report what she thinks is offensive. Her being a waitress has NO bearing on her rights.

I don't believe she was a waitress, though.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's his reply/response that's really damning though.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

what if he was reading allowed the lyrics of jay z and nas' song "my president is black"?

Then the town would have the same right to respond as they do now.

By the way, you do know there's a difference between saying, "My president is black" and "every time I turn on the TV, I see that effing N-word" Right? Do you know the difference?

do i really need to reference you rap songs with obama and n*gga in them?

Lupe Fiasco – SNDCLSH In Vegas "Obama lied to you n*gga"
Kid Cudi – Is There Any Love? "they got to like a n*gga call me Obama"
Kendrick Lamar – Monster Freestyle "I bomb on Obama if that n*gga get in my way"
Hopsin-Nocturnal Rainbows "Obama's president, so? What's he represent? Just because the n*gga's half black don't mean he's Heaven-sent"
Game- Hard Times "Barack Obama but the only n*gga that can catch Osama"
J Cole-Aint that some # - "That n*gga walk like Obama man"
The Game ft. Master P - HVN4AGNGSTA "and i just voted for Obama n*gga"

Again. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? It's not the word, it's the intent. There's no mistaking what he meant. Why are people insisting on feigning a lack of understanding of the nuances of connotation and context to defend this douche bag?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think the correct racist term to use would be wigger, since he is half white. anyway all jokes aside, why do people have to get all up in arms over name calling, i find if you ignore people that crap out useless words they often just go crap out useless words somewhere else. so if everyone ignores this behavior it will go away

i find it funny that this waitress is offended by someone name calling the current administration but is not offended by all the anti-constitutional legislation that the current admin has signed off on.

and by the way waitresses are paid to serve people not go run and tell on people everytime someone says a bad word, i swear to the old gods that every day our society is regressing into a grade school construct, its went from being sad to scary just about now.
edit on 16-5-2014 by DocMartigann because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join