It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrmeeseeks
I love me some conservative dichotomy,

Lets see now, lets play a game.

Count the conservative "religious" that defend hate speech.

1 little, 2 little, 3 little hypocrites...

I am sure your invisible deity in the sky is real proud of your adherence to whatever conservative moral code you claim to adhere.

I am sure this Official is a bible belt Christian as well...

You wanna talk about a bigot?

Make you feel real big insulting people for their beliefs? You might as well be a racist.

A big damn

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i quote
"And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him,
and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast,
whose deadly wound was healed."

unquote,,
Maybe that wound, isn't as healed as one might think. Martin Luthar.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
What station did you hear it on? I'll look it up.

It was probably either CNN, FOX, CBS or the local Philadelphia one ... I think.
I bounce around all over the TV ... It could have been anywhere (except MSNBC).

I'm not seeing it up on the sites. But this was actually on the tv.
Maybe they dropped it? Dunno....

link   

link   

originally posted by: amazing
I'm not trying to compare this guys speech with anyone else's. I'm not trying to excuse anyone else from saying anything.

Of course you won't compare. That would expose too much hypocrisy.

What I'm saying is based on what he initially said and his response to it. He is clearly a racist and not someone we want guiding our police forces in any manner. This scumbag needs to be fired.

He made a statement about a singular person. He was very specific about that. He is proud of his dislike for that person.

Unless you got a body of evidence to show that he applies this line of thought to somebody other than that one specified person, you've got nothing but a lot of hot air.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I think the OP must have mis-heard.

Nope. I heard waitress. The TV may have made a mistake and changed their story. But the original was ... resident waitress was a witness ... or witness was a resident waitress ... Well .. it's changed now ...

If he was bouncing around acting like a loud ass ... then it's his own fault.

edit on 5/16/2014 by FlyersFan because: spacing

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

I am sure your invisible deity in the sky is real proud of your adherence to whatever conservative moral code you claim to adhere.

Make you feel real big insulting people for their beliefs? You might as well be a racist.

A big damn

Hey, I believe we are all just humans, all equally deserving of respect and life based on your merit.

You start talking to sky people, and using it as an out to be a Racist Homophobes, well I gots a problem with that.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
If he was bouncing around acting like a loud ass ... then it's his own fault.

It's ALWAYS been his own fault, whether it was a waitress who overheard or not. He is responsible for what he says. The witness just witnessed it.

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: kruphix
I can't wrap my head around these people that are defending him.
All I can think of is that people like to protect their own.

Those 'you are racist' insinuations ... ridiculous.

Everyone has a right to a private conversation. If the TV news is correct that the waitress listened in and then blabbed. She's wrong. IF it wasn't a waitress and the guy was bouncing around the room yelling .. the he wasn't in a private conversation and was just being a loud ass.

Defending right to have a bad opinion of a politician in DC doesn't make someone a racist.

I said in my very first reply that if the employer thinks the waitress is wrong, then there will be consequences for her as well.

Doesn't make what he said any better...doesn't matter if he screamed it from the rooftops or accidentally said it a little too loud or if someone illegally recorded him. What matters is that this is his opinion and he is apparently proud of it since he isn't backing down.

In my own opinion, which I am free to hold, anyone who defends someone for being racist or using racist slurs is just as bad as being racist themselves. I don't care what their argument for defending them is, it could be the best argument ever...or it could be a total stretch like this "privacy" one...I still hold my opinion of that person as leaning towards the racist end of the spectrum.

Am I free to hold that personal opinion?

link   
a reply to: kruphix

I'm glad you are here to explain.

Why is it one race of people cannot use a word.

Yet the culture that claims to be so offended by this certain word.

Uses it like a verb. Uses it as a term of endearment or as an insult.

Honestly, I don't like that word and I don't use it.

It seems to me if this word is so offensive to a certain group of people.

Why would they constantly use it in their own lexicon ?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scotscorps84
what if he was reading allowed the lyrics of jay z and nas' song "my president is black"?

Then the town would have the same right to respond as they do now.

By the way, you do know there's a difference between saying, "My president is black" and "every time I turn on the TV, I see that effing N-word" Right? Do you know the difference?

do i really need to reference you rap songs with obama and n*gga in them?

Lupe Fiasco – SNDCLSH In Vegas "Obama lied to you n*gga"
Kid Cudi – Is There Any Love? "they got to like a n*gga call me Obama"
Kendrick Lamar – Monster Freestyle "I bomb on Obama if that n*gga get in my way"
Hopsin-Nocturnal Rainbows "Obama's president, so? What's he represent? Just because the n*gga's half black don't mean he's Heaven-sent"
Game- Hard Times "Barack Obama but the only n*gga that can catch Osama"
J Cole-Aint that some # - "That n*gga walk like Obama man"
The Game ft. Master P - HVN4AGNGSTA "and i just voted for Obama n*gga"

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: amazing
I'm not trying to compare this guys speech with anyone else's. I'm not trying to excuse anyone else from saying anything.

Of course you won't compare. That would expose too much hypocrisy.

What I'm saying is based on what he initially said and his response to it. He is clearly a racist and not someone we want guiding our police forces in any manner. This scumbag needs to be fired.

He made a statement about a singular person. He was very specific about that. He is proud of his dislike for that person.

Unless you got a body of evidence to show that he applies this line of thought to somebody other than that one specified person, you've got nothing but a lot of hot air.

Wow. How can you say any of that? This guy is a racist and disrespectful towards the Office of the President of the United States. The second part isn't quite as bad but still offensive to me. This guy is a racist plain and simple. You're defending of him is quite telling. But saying that I'm full of hot air for being offended by Racists? Stunning. I didn't think there were people like this around anymore.

This is not about being PC or not PC or being thin skinned or easily offended or anything like that. It's about a racist scumbag that should be fired. This is really simple. Maybe you should be on stormfront instead of ATS? Just a thought.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Scotscorps84
what if he was reading allowed the lyrics of jay z and nas' song "my president is black"?

That's OK because they are black.

They are allowed to use the slur because of the way they pronounce it.

There are lots of rules these days....Keep up

There's really not a lot of rules. This isn't even an issue of connotation, this guy is just a plain 'ol run of the mill bigot and you're defending him because....? It's certainly not because of some real ambiguity. Could it be out of a twisted sense of obligation because he was disparaging the President?

My wife and her friends might when talking to one another refer use the term "b#tch" without it being mistaken as a pejorative and I'm not stupid enough to think that it's the same thing as me calling her friend an "f'ing b#tch." Pretending that the nuances of connotations are so complicated that the average person is at a loss to navigate all of "the rules" is the definition of disingenuous.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

How dare you bring logic to the table, you know kids hate logic.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I disagree. But what else is new, Right?

originally posted by: kruphix
Am I free to hold that personal opinion?

Sure. And I"m free to think it's silly to call people racist for defending free speech.

Anyways ... is there anything left to say on this ?? Or has it all been said ??
I'm thinking it's all been said.

link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

A big damn

Hey, I believe we are all just humans, all equally deserving of respect and life based on your merit.

You start talking to sky people, and using it as an out to be a Racist Homophobes, well I gots a problem with that.

You need to check yourself sir. I'll keep my mouth shut now since you can't seem too.

Caps lock your heart out

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Ok, FF. This thread's on fire !!!!

My opinion..

- Does he have a right to his private conversation?

Yes, he does. It's his opinion of Obama. I've heard way worse.

- Is the waitress correct in making a formal complaint or should she mind her own business?

Her business is to serve. Who ever put her in charge of the Complaints Department?

- The man is sticking to his opinion and refuses to apologize about using the 'N' word in his private conversation. Should he be forced to resign for doing that?

That is up to the town council, I think. But then again, if he was on his time and having a private conversation, the word private says it all.

- Now that the town knows he's a 'racist', (alleged racist) should he be forced to resign because he may not be able to effectively do his job? His job entails hiring, firing, discipling and job salaries of officers. There have been no complaints of this mans conduct on the job (that I could find).

Again, if he was on his own time and had a private conversation, that's his business and no one else's. His job at this point is irrelevant.

- In the case of the racist Clippers owner, the conversation was recorded (either secretly or with his permission, we don't know for sure) on tape, but in this case the waitress over heard a private conversation and then complained about the contents of that private conversation. Should SHE be fired for not minding her own business, or for slander, or that kind of thing?

I think that's up to her boss. If it was me, I would politely remind her that her job is to serve and not cause controversy. If she'd argue, chances are that I'd fire her.

But that's just my opinion. S&F.

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Uses it like a verb. Uses it as a term of endearment or as an insult.

Honestly, I don't like that word and I don't use it.

It seems to me if this word is so offensive to a certain group of people.

Why would they constantly use it in their own lexicon ?

For the same reason some white folks call each other white trash.

How can culture and the language associated with it escape you?

Perhaps a little research could clear up your apparent confusion.

anthro.palomar.edu...

edit on 16-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

some great insight here....

www.lexiophiles.com...
edit on 16-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join