It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
That apparently, it was a town resident and NOT a waitress, that overheard Copeland. Just someone at another table. So much for firing the waitress...

TV news said waitress who lives in town.
If it's someone from another table, then of course there is no firing.
Do we know which it is??

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Its plain for all to see. .

Spin spin spin .... in your dreams. Dream on .... and discuss the topic, not other posters.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just a little more on this story

Robert Copeland, a member of the police commission in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, exclaimed loudly that he hated watching TV because every time he turns it on, he sees "that f****** n*****." An appalled witness, who didn't know who Copeland was at the time, asked if he was just "throwing the n-word around," and he responded, "Yeah." She later went to the media over the incident, but Copeland has made the bold, insane decision to own it.

For all of you who are claiming this guy isn't racist, I sometimes wonder what it takes to consider someone a racist. What would he have to do? Lynch somebody?

And in his email to the witness that overheard him...

“While I believe the problems associated with minorities in this country are momentous, I am not phobic. My use of derogatory slang in reference to those among them undeserving of respect is no secret. It is the exercise of my 1st Amendment rights,” it read. “I believe I did use the ‘N’ word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse [sic]. For this I do not apologize – he meets and exceeds my criteria for such.”

Source

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

no they don't have any "duty" to be a role model to anyone at all, their only duty is doing their job and being a bad person or a good person has little bearing on the quality of their work. if they are good at their job then whatever they think, say or feel doesn't matter, maybe in a democracy where mobs rule such a thing as emotional sentiments are allowed to dictate such things but we are a republic that is meant to be ran with reason and laws, not by an out of control overly emotional and reactionary population.

people need to stop letting emotions and opinions dictate the path of our nation like this, that is the path to true oppression and eventually our destruction by our own hands.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Its plain for all to see. .

Spin spin spin .... in your dreams. Dream on .... and discuss the topic, not other posters.
im trying to discuss the topic. Pretty hard to do with an op who wont even be honest. Here, ill give you a 5th chance:

Yes or no: did this man make this statement in a public place within earshot of other people?
edit on 16-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Do we know which it is??

Everything I've seen says residence or witness. Are you sure you didn't hear "witness"?

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You do understand that people DO have a right to private conversation

BUT!!!!!!!! HUGE BUT!!!!!

The ones IN THE CONVERSATION are responsible for keeping it private.... NOT the general public..

Once it is overheard it is no longer private

(post by mrmeeseeks removed for political trolling and baiting)

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Just a little more on this story

Robert Copeland, a member of the police commission in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, exclaimed loudly that he hated watching TV because every time he turns it on, he sees "that f****** n*****." An appalled witness, who didn't know who Copeland was at the time, asked if he was just "throwing the n-word around," and he responded, "Yeah." She later went to the media over the incident, but Copeland has made the bold, insane decision to own it.

For all of you who are claiming this guy isn't racist, I sometimes wonder what it takes to consider someone a racist. What would he have to do? Lynch somebody?

And in his email to the witness that overheard him...

“While I believe the problems associated with minorities in this country are momentous, I am not phobic. My use of derogatory slang in reference to those among them undeserving of respect is no secret. It is the exercise of my 1st Amendment rights,” it read. “I believe I did use the ‘N’ word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse [sic]. For this I do not apologize – he meets and exceeds my criteria for such.”

Source
quoted for the absolute knockout punch that it is.

link   

For all of you who are claiming this guy isn't racist

We are saying that one word one time with one politician doesn't make a person a 'racist'.

I sometimes wonder what it takes to consider someone a racist.

We know your thresh hold ... one word, one time, with one politician in DC ... And those that dare to defend a persons right to say what they want are then insinuated to be racists.

link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

[Are you sure you didn't hear "witness"?

"A resident who is a waitress was a witness .... '

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

I think it comes down to this ... if it was a waitress like the TV news said ... who was listening in on a conversation ... then he has a right to his privacy..

If he was whooping and hollering it and people around the restaurant heard it because he was being a loud ass, then that's another matter all together.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So I cannot be in a public place and call someone a name? If I am at a table in a restaurant it is not a private conversation? If I am in my car it is not a private conversation? My home is owned by a bank so I guess that would not be a private place either till it is paid off?

Sure, you can have any conversations you want...just be prepared for the consequences if those conversations are somehow made known to others.

I just can't get my head around all of you claiming that if something is said in private then it is off limits. It's just ridiculous. Go ahead, have a private conversation saying how stupid and ignorant your boss is...then if it gets back to him just say "Oh, that was private...so you can't get mad about it"...then see if you still have a job.

It doesn't matter if you think you are saying something in private...if it happens to get out of that "private" conversation...you still are responsible for your words.

Privacy has no impact on consequences.

Doesn't the Right pride themselves on personal responsibility?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
'n-word' was the name of WWII hero Guy Giborn's much loved dog. It was also the codeword use to signify success in the Dambuster's raid.

It's a word like fat, lanky, ginger, scouser and yank that can be used in a derogatory manner. But not necessarily so.

It's time to stand up to the facsist, racist, thought police.
edit on Fri May 16 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Hi Kaylaluv...

He had no expectation of privacy I agree.

I would not say something so ignorant in Public.

But, are we really going to have this debate every time somebody says something stupid ?

It's going to be a long Summer...

(post by mrmeeseeks removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

He was having a private conversation in a place that privacy at a table can be expected. No one expects a waitress to listen in on conversations and then go repeating what she overhears. If people thought that, then they wouldn't go to restaurants.

I don't expect privacy when I'm out at a public place, that is just a ridiculous idea.

When I'm at a restaurant, I don't talk about things that I would if I was in the privacy of my home. I wouldn't talk to my wife about our bank account, or talk openly about my salary, or talk about our sex life.

Do you talk about these things out at a restaurant? Do you and your husband talk about your sex life just sitting at a table in a restaurant???

I don't get the privacy argument anyway...it was said, he doesn't deny it...even IF it was at one time private, it isn't anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join