It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Long Hair…….

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Meh. I don't really care. I've been thinking about growing my hair out again lately, and also trying out a beard. This is as good an excuse as any. Now when people ask why I grew it long again I can tell them studies have shown that I am a super ninja.

HEY!

OOH! OOH!

I want to be a Super Ninja, too! Will there be ID cards to carry to prove it? Secret meetings? A clubhouse... in a tree?

How about prior experience as a Super-Ninja? Does that count?

This is when I used to be a Super Ninja:

(don't laugh - the Super Ninja Mobile had wings!)

and:

(Don't laugh again - the hound was giving a practical demonstration of Super-Ninja-Fu in that picture!)

Then I lost all my superpowers in a horrible shaving accident - my entire head was fully involved in the carnage:

A few years later I tried to get my superpowers back, and may have gone a tiny bit overboard:

Before realizing that my super ninja hair was deserting me. I then began to wonder if facial hair could substitute if it was suitably antenna-shaped, and finally settled on the infamous "he swallowed not just one, but TWO live squirrels - look at their tails - how badass is THAT?" look:

Ah, the vibes (and various foodstuffs) that 'stache used to pick up!

I can't grow the squirrel tails back, though. The little missus frowns upon it - something about it being "uncouth and barbaric"... but Super Ninjas don't have to be particularly couth or civilized, do they?

Then there is also the problem of stepping on the 'stache unexpectedly, and doing ignominious somersaults...

This is about as close as I can get, and still maintain a semblance of dignity:

Can I join? Is there a line? What about a secret handshake?

dude!

lol,

[/URL]]
[ /URL][/url]
edit on 31454651131pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

edit on 31524951131pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Is that you, Jimmy? My long-lost twin that was separated at birth from me?

I had a guitar once upon a time. I thought it made lovely sounds, but evidently my horse played it better - at least everyone clapped louder when he stepped on it!

edit on 2014/5/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Actually BM74, It's more like an extension of our sensory array. From what I know of it and have experienced, Those with Long Hair are much more sensitive to their surroundings and seem to have abilities beyond the Short Hairs as far as perception of the more subtle levels of Matter and Consciousness. Peace
Arjunada a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

Is that you, Jimmy? My long-lost twin that was separated at birth from me?

I had a guitar once upon a time. I thought it made lovely sounds, but evidently my horse played it better - at least everyone clapped louder when he stepped on it!

you are one rugged lookin lawman.

i'm just glad i have eyebrows. imagine if we didn't!

don't know why my right thingy is sticking out.

yeah, i play. church needs a bass player, so i do that and sometimes git.

i guess your horse played it better, lol!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg
My impression of why the military requires a clean shave face is because a gas mask won't seal on a bearded face. As for short hair or shaved head, its is a hygiene issue when out in the field for periods of time. Also, a long head of hair is a disadvantage in close fighting because it is something to grab.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I always cut my hair short, and shave my face, and often wear a hat, because I can't handle my sixth sense anymore. It's a burden. Some people are more sensitive than others. Even with short hair, I can do the same things someone with long hair can. When I grow my hair out, it's unbearable. I just don't like knowing what other people think and feel anymore.

People who are in bad moods, stressed out, angry, and nervous, really rubs off on me when my hair is long. Puts me in a bad mood.

Also, if you were born with extremely platinum blonde hair, and had it that way through childhood, but as you grew up it turned dark brown, you have a much stronger ability than others.
edit on 14-5-2014 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I haven't cut my hair since August 2009, and It has grown to be about 20 inches now, and since I started growing it, I have become more aware in the "next sense". I know can pick up on what people think/say when i know them well enough, and I can sometimes call out what is going to happen in the near future/or change the near future. All my family asks when I'm going to cut my hair, and every time I laugh at them, and tell them it will never be cut. My hair has changed who I am, and i can never get rid of it. I bet this has been posted before, but I'm glad it was brought up. Have a good one

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yuck, long hair on men? Women having long hair is fine

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

You also have to let the essential oils collect and coat the hair..If you wash with soaps you wash out ALL the oils whereas if you just rinse well with water your hair will be clean but you will retain the protective and blissful oils...i know it sounds strange to say they are blissful but my experience is literally that...The smell of the oil is like flowery perfume and seems to literally cause a kind of drunkenness if allowed to build up...I imagine the oil containing phychedelic compounds that are refined within the body and then comes out the crown of the head (the oil comes out from the crown not the whole scalp) Sounds crazy but unless youve stopped using ALL soaps for at least a couple months to allow your hormonal glands to rebalance and recover from the life-time of over-compensation then please do not respond to this...i am speaking of direct experience so go and get it and then speak...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

You only feel that way because from birth you have seen certain things and think things that are otherwise are strange... but if you ask which is according to nature and which according to passed on preferences whats the answer? Is there any reason in nature to think of long hair as feminine and short hair as masculine or is this just a culturally learned and unexamined assumption?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Well that explains why I sleep nine hours a night...I have ass length dreads. (because I'm lazy, not a hippy)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: emeris
a reply to: Biigs

You also have to let the essential oils collect and coat the hair..If you wash with soaps you wash out ALL the oils whereas if you just rinse well with water your hair will be clean but you will retain the protective and blissful oils...i know it sounds strange to say they are blissful but my experience is literally that...The smell of the oil is like flowery perfume and seems to literally cause a kind of drunkenness if allowed to build up...I imagine the oil containing phychedelic compounds that are refined within the body and then comes out the crown of the head (the oil comes out from the crown not the whole scalp) Sounds crazy but unless youve stopped using ALL soaps for at least a couple months to allow your hormonal glands to rebalance and recover from the life-time of over-compensation then please do not respond to this...i am speaking of direct experience so go and get it and then speak...

Im aware of this, i only wash with soap when its actually dirty. I usually just do the body with soap in the shower.

Some people say its weird but im clean, nothing grubby or dirty about not using soap/shampoo on your hair every time.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltinycdancerg
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

lmao

this is ridiculous .
The reason military dictates hairstyle and bans facial hair is the same reason it requires uniforms-
REMOVING PERSONAL IDENTITY AND INDIVIDUALISM .
This is an acknowledged fact.
This story is just that, a story- written by someone who needs psychological help.

Well your actally wrong. You hair is cut short in the military purely for hygiene in the field.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I had short military crew cuts, I was clean shaven at one time and now I have dread locs, all were ecstatically pleasing but no,I noticed no changes in my behavior or physical advantage,one thing though long hair would be a disadvantage in close quarter combat,if I can grab hold of your hair I can pull you down and finish you off.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well watching girl fight videos on youtube will show you that having long hair in hand to hand combat is a severe disadvantage. It is easy to grab and yank the person in any direction, and also very painful.

I have a high and tight haircut, and cannot grow a beard. So I am sticking to the clean cut look, as I trust my survival instincts have saved me in a few life-threatening decisions.

Interesting story though.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I may have gone a tiny bit overboard

I think you may have made a typo. Did you mean to say you went a tiny bit overbeard?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Haha

My kids ask my dad what happened to his hair and he tells them that an ostrich pecked it out. They told my dad that the ostrich got me too.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
A guru was instructing his girl disciples to give their long hair at least a water spray everyday (not necessarily a shampoo) to give it some life. Eh and short cut for boys. Girls are supposed to be connected with earth with long hair while men have their little antennas upwards. Maybe it depends on personal need. Some man may need to be more yin and some not. I like bald buddhist cut or natural no-cut. Nothing in between.

I can have natural no-cut for many years and it mysteriously stops growing on shoulders like it can sense it's length. Actually every whisker can sense it somehow.
Anyway I'm planning a little compromise upgrade:
This is the top I think

Salt and silicone are able to improve hair electric conductivity. Silicone oil is very common content in many conditioners. Hair contain also many substances we eat or smoke like cannabinoids etc. which is also interresting. Maybe it's not bad to cut the tips from time to time but I'm even not sure about it because it has blunt, peak then (in case of straight cut) and the best sucker of electrones is a needle shaped object.
What do you think about pubic hair shaving in relation to this energy connection?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

lmao

this is ridiculous .
The reason military dictates hairstyle and bans facial hair is the same reason it requires uniforms-
This story is just that, a story- written by someone who needs psychological help.

I can definitely see that reason too, but there are other considerations. In hand to hand combat, hair gives the enemy something to grab onto and control an important part of your body, your head. Also when running around dodging bullets I would not want my hair obstructing my vision. It can get caught up in machinery...

You just don't want to reveal the secret to so called "womens intuition"... it's really just long hair intuition! Haha jk. I have my doubts about this as well.. A cats whiskers on the other hand, are connected to its nervous system. I can Never sneak up on my cat.
edit on 5/14/2014 by 3n19m470 because: maybe it's the facial hair/whiskers that have magic powers... Some aliens are depicted with zero body hair, wonder if that means anything...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

lmao

this is ridiculous .

Well yes, uniformity is one reason but also safety and hygiene. It is much more difficult to get a good seal around a gas mask if you have a full beard and long hair is much harder to keep clean in the field and austere environments. Although you have a bit of a point, there is a practical side to it as well.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join