It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Long Hair…….

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

Military promotes and enforces cleanliness, I am sure they can get you to wash your hair if it was long.
Every thing else can be solved by adapting to long hair, not seeing that happening to soon, nor do I believe if you voluntary sign up, that you can complain about your hair.

I do find it strange that special op's guys always seem to have long beards and longer hair. I know someone here said that was a psyop for the ME but I have seen that trend long before that started, but then again, don't really want your special op's guy's the dead giveaway fade and a shave

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i cut my hair a couple yrs ago after a lifetime of shoulder length.

it was getting to be a pain to keep up and living here in HK it seemed like it never dried.

cuts my shower time to a fraction it used to be.

i never felt it gave me any advantage, tho, except the fact that i could rock it!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I saw Delta Force dudes in the field on Fort Bragg NC in the early 80's, I was somewhere I should not have been and it almost went badly.

I had never heard of Delta Force before this day by the way and had no idea they existed.

They looked like civilians with full beards and long hair jeans and t-shirts, I was just nosing around on my dirt bike on a day off and saw a helicopter crashed in a tree from a distance and went to see what the heck was up and they popped up from nowhere.

They were heavily armed and I was unarmed.

It nearly went badly, or at least it scared the crap out of me, maybe both.

a reply to: Sremmos80

edit on 13-5-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: both

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Pics or didn't happen.

That's us a few years ago. Don't look much different.

Wife's had a couple babies, I've got a few more grey beard hairs...
edit on 5/13/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Maybe it is another reason Sikhs never cut their hair?.

You are correct, sir.

Hair enhances the ability of a human being to experience God. This can be explained by understanding the workings of electromagnets.

An electromagnet consists of an iron rod with a coil of wire wrapped around it. The strength of an electromagnet can be increased by increasing the number of coils.

A greater quantity of head hair will lead to more coils in the (Joora) knot and therefore a higher concentration of spiritual energy.

www.sikhiwiki.org...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady
Again with this? Really tired of this exact same article getting posted again and again and again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you actually believe this tripe you are part of the reason ATS is failing as an educational and awareness media.

Hair is keratin. Nerve cells are complex multi part electrical signal processors. In a very limited sense, yes the hair on your arms or in your ear can respond to environmental stimuli and send info to the brain. But it is not externalized nerves. It does not transmit or receive psychic energy. It is made of dead cells which do nothing.

There is no science to this article, and not a shred of evidence.

Angry bald guy?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The amount of people who read "something" on "some" website and take it as fact...is staggering.

There is a lot of blah-blah on this site, and sources and citations WOULD BE WELCOMED (of course there are none)..especially with such abstruse claims that hair is an extension of the nervous system.

Unless there are studies and reports showing that what the article says is true I assume the article is pure,made-up nonsense.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Well she looks as happy as my wife. I've only got seven yrs on
mine tho. But I doubt if you have any thing to worry about
with or with out the locks. Good for you wtb. My wife just
got home from work.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Apology, anthropology, righteous thread OP!

SnF

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
my wife was reminiscing the other night and reminded me that i use to scare our customers when i braided my hair, ala willie nelson.
lol!

at the end of the night i would let my freak flag high with a little fluff.

i had to keep it under control since i was the chef.

actually, i did feel more creative when i had it long. hmmmmm.....

[/URL]]
[/url]

edit on 3100165831pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
oops, sorry for the double pic!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Star! I am with you. I used to cut my own hair to 3mm. Now I am letting my freak flag fly again.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Thanks Randy, hope you're having a great night! That pic was a little older than I thought though; I thought it was maybe 5 but looks like it's over 8 years... sheesh, where does the time go?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I had long hair in the 70`s.I had to wash it,then detangle it everyday.Too much trouble!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Honcho

Military promotes and enforces cleanliness, I am sure they can get you to wash your hair if it was long.
Every thing else can be solved by adapting to long hair, not seeing that happening to soon, nor do I believe if you voluntary sign up, that you can complain about your hair.

I do find it strange that special op's guys always seem to have long beards and longer hair. I know someone here said that was a psyop for the ME but I have seen that trend long before that started, but then again, don't really want your special op's guy's the dead giveaway fade and a shave

It usually depends though. If a soldier is out in combat, showering/shaving and being clean isn't something your going to count on. So it's best to remove your hair since that's one last thing you need to worry about getting dirty. But, if your in the military usually stationed on base, or a desk job, then it would be more lax.

But, I suppose a beard or longish hair could serve as a form of camouflage. Depending on the skin color and hair color of the person. If your out in the desert, sporting a long dark red beard would stick out.

I have seen that a lot of private military mercenaries do usually have beards that are quite long, though I usually see them with pretty short hair on top of their heads. Not all that long. Not really sure why that is. Maybe it's just became some kind of cultural thing between them since they may think it's "manly" or intimidating.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
The amount of people who read "something" on "some" website and take it as fact...is staggering.

There is a lot of blah-blah on this site, and sources and citations WOULD BE WELCOMED (of course there are none)..especially with such abstruse claims that hair is an extension of the nervous system.

Unless there are studies and reports showing that what the article says is true I assume the article is pure,made-up nonsense.

Meh. I don't really care. I've been thinking about growing my hair out again lately, and also trying out a beard. This is as good an excuse as any. Now when people ask why I grew it long again I can tell them studies have shown that I am a super ninja.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Now when people ask why I grew it long again I can tell them studies have shown that I am a super ninja.

oh man that made me laugh, great reasoning to grow your hair, to become a super ninja

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner As to your comment about all body parts being there for a reason how does circumcision fall into that category? Other than losing an inch or so does it diminish ones capacity?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: regor77

Circumcision is a religious thing... that skin is there for a reason as well.
Jews started it and I want to say that the chirstians adopted it as an anti masturbation thing, don't quote me on that one tho.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Meh. I don't really care. I've been thinking about growing my hair out again lately, and also trying out a beard. This is as good an excuse as any. Now when people ask why I grew it long again I can tell them studies have shown that I am a super ninja.

HEY!

OOH! OOH!

I want to be a Super Ninja, too! Will there be ID cards to carry to prove it? Secret meetings? A clubhouse... in a tree?

How about prior experience as a Super-Ninja? Does that count?

This is when I used to be a Super Ninja:

(don't laugh - the Super Ninja Mobile had wings!)

and:

(Don't laugh again - the hound was giving a practical demonstration of Super-Ninja-Fu in that picture!)

Then I lost all my superpowers in a horrible shaving accident - my entire head was fully involved in the carnage:

A few years later I tried to get my superpowers back, and may have gone a tiny bit overboard:

Before realizing that my super ninja hair was deserting me. I then began to wonder if facial hair could substitute if it was suitably antenna-shaped, and finally settled on the infamous "he swallowed not just one, but TWO live squirrels - look at their tails - how badass is THAT?" look:

Ah, the vibes (and various foodstuffs) that 'stache used to pick up!

I can't grow the squirrel tails back, though. The little missus frowns upon it - something about it being "uncouth and barbaric"... but Super Ninjas don't have to be particularly couth or civilized, do they?

Then there is also the problem of stepping on the 'stache unexpectedly, and doing ignominious somersaults...

This is about as close as I can get, and still maintain a semblance of dignity:

Can I join? Is there a line? What about a secret handshake?

edit on 2014/5/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join