It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Long Hair…….

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

it took you this long to reveal you're married to Cameron Diaz? Nice job buddy, a pat on the back for you.

It's cool everyone is posting pics. It makes me want to dig up some of my interesting hair pics but none of them are in digital format yet. Someday I'll scan em. It would be kinda cool, in some ways, if everyone's avatar were their real photo. It makes this interaction more human, and maybe some people would think before they are rude, or somerhing, I dunno...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: ZeroReady
Again with this? Really tired of this exact same article getting posted again and again and again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you actually believe this tripe you are part of the reason ATS is failing as an educational and awareness media.

Hair is keratin. Nerve cells are complex multi part electrical signal processors. In a very limited sense, yes the hair on your arms or in your ear can respond to environmental stimuli and send info to the brain. But it is not externalized nerves. It does not transmit or receive psychic energy. It is made of dead cells which do nothing.

There is no science to this article, and not a shred of evidence.

That's like saying that a house is just dead trees heaped in a pile.

I've been paying attention to this all day, ever since I read it this morning before going to work, and have come to realize that I can feel every stray current and eddy of air around me. I can tell when someone is behind me because the air changes. I think there's more to it than you are willing to admit.

Longer hair, having more mass and surface area, is more prone to register disturbances and transmit them to the nerves.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

your philosophy ] i.e., philosophy (or learning) in general.

Source

Oh - and the last two out of your three links go to exactly the same thread.

Yes and it is said that blind people, after a while, can sense when they are about to run into a wall and all the air pressure stuff you mentioned. maybe their hair helps this somehow? even the arm and face hair? or the peach fuzz that grows on your face where whiskers don't grow, like your forehead?

blind people Might be a good place to start with experimentation. remove all their body hair and see if they can still sense things as well.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I think you may have meant to address me rather than tsingtao, but it's possible that's what I said - the beard tends to muffle speech beyond recognition, so it IS possible that's what I said...

Oh, and if you look at the pictures vs. my avatar closely, you'll see that the avatar IS me - but a CGI version of me. The hat is not optional - it's there to avoid blinding the buzzards that constantly circle me due to an errant glint of sunlight off of the top of my head which could potentially strike their retinas and blind the poor things...

edit on 2014/5/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: nenothtu

Haha

My kids ask my dad what happened to his hair and he tells them that an ostrich pecked it out. They told my dad that the ostrich got me too.

I stay away from ostriches for that very reason! There is so little hair left, that I don't want to find what they target next! My own hair is facing a court-martial for desertion.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I feel it does, but nobody gave me the option of making the choice.

Personally, I wouldn't know because I was too young when it was done, but it is said that circumcision diminishes sensitivity in that particular area which makes sense to me.

a reply to: regor77

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: nenothtu

That's like saying that a house is just dead trees heaped in a pile.

I've been paying attention to this all day, ever since I read it this morning before going to work, and have come to realize that I can feel every stray current and eddy of air around me. I can tell when someone is behind me because the air changes. I think there's more to it than you are willing to admit.

Longer hair, having more mass and surface area, is more prone to register disturbances and transmit them to the nerves.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

your philosophy ] i.e., philosophy (or learning) in general.

Source

Oh - and the last two out of your three links go to exactly the same thread.

Yes and it is said that blind people, after a while, can sense when they are about to run into a wall and all the air pressure stuff you mentioned. maybe their hair helps this somehow? even the arm and face hair? or the peach fuzz that grows on your face where whiskers don't grow, like your forehead?

blind people Might be a good place to start with experimentation. remove all their body hair and see if they can still sense things as well.

I think that's very likely - they say that when one loses one sense, the others heighten to compensate for the loss.

I'm also coming to think that there is a sort of an electrical component involved, although perhaps not in the usual sense that we think of electricity. In addition to disturbances via air currents, hair seems to be sensitive to disturbance by electrical fields - watch it move in the presence of a static electric charge, for instance. It's probably the motion induced by electrical fields rather than conducting electricity that makes it work - you can feel it move in their presence.

Electromagnetic fields can make people "edgy", all by themselves. The mechanism for that could be feeling the hair move, and that in turn being translated by the sensory system as picking up the electrical field of an organism, making one look around and, upon not seeing anything, becoming edgy from wondering just what is hiding and lurking that the individual can't see.

"My hair stood on end" is a fairly common phrase heard in "hair raising" (also a fairly common turn of phrase) situations.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

and seeing how no else has posted it yet.

THE COWSILLS "Hair" (Gerome Ragni and James Rado)
She asks me why
I'm just a hairy guy
I'm hairy noon and night
Hair that's a fright
I'm hairy high and low
Don't ask me why
Don't know
It's not for lack of bread
Like the Grateful Dead
Darling

Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy
Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

Let it fly in the breeze And get caught in the trees
Give a home to the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas
A hive for bees
A nest for birds
There ain't no words
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder
Of my...

Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it My hair

I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy Shining, gleaming, streaming
Flaxen, waxen
Knotted, polka-dotted
Twisted, beaded, braided
Powdered, flowered, and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied!

Oh say can you see My eyes if you can
Then my hair's too short
Down to here
Down to there
Down to where
It stops by itself

They'll be ga ga at the go go
When they see me in my toga
My toga made of blond
Brilliantined
Biblical hair

My hair like Jesus wore it
Hallelujah I adore it Hallelujah
Mary loved her son
Why don't my mother love me?

Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Oh yeah, I used to have the 45 of the Cowsills 'Hair' as a kid. Probably had something to do with my growing it most of the way down my back by the time I was a teenager.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Cameron Diaz, huh, I guess I can see that. Thanks, I'll have to tell her that, she'll probably be like "what??".

I also think it would be a good idea to know what people look like as you're having a conversation with them. I always imagine that I'm talking to the avatar and I know it affects the way I relate with them. The actual person is always so different than what I expected.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I apologize! I posted before having my coffee. Funny, three cups later and I'm still not awake.
Also funny...you mentioned vultures. I took a break from the computer a few minutes ago and went outside.
A trio of turkey buzzards was flying by. We've had a bumper crop of them the last couple years.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's been posted a couple times that beards make men more manly, but mustaches make men creepy.
I have a friend that will see a guy with a mustache and say "Look at that rapist over there."
He's been doing it for years and it still makes me laugh.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Couldn't agree more....

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Oh yeah, I used to have the 45 of the Cowsills 'Hair' as a kid. Probably had something to do with my growing it most of the way down my back by the time I was a teenager.

me too. i have sandy blond hair, that is curly. when i was in high school, my football coach tried to make me cut it. so i quit and by the time senior year came around it was down the middle of my shoulder blades dry and when wet it was down to the middle of my back. i have real broad shoulders, just to give you a idea i wear a 46 coat size, and my hair grow out past shoulders. black folks use to be jealous of my fro.

i went to Parris Island, i didn't cut it. standing in line all the DI's were messin with me, and when i stepped through the door in the barber shop, the barber just smiled and moved his finger in the come here motion and when he started, he went straight for the middle and took his sweet time compared to the rest of the barbers on the other recruits.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Good to hear but it also applies to skin...Without soap a natural non-greasy protective layer of oils will become established and a gentle hand scrubbing under water will remove any excesses or odor.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have the best of both worlds now
My hair was always very long ( to my butt) and I kept it braided a lot. When my grandfather died my cousins and I cut our braids and put it in with him. Having a head of super long hair.. to my butt, VERY thick ... having short hair is AWESOME. Its also sort of necessary for my sport and hobbies I have. My hair grows super duper fast so I experimented with it in Feb.. I left the top long, about down to my temples the hair is shoulder length and underneath I had it shaved short as hell. Now, I can pull this off becuase my hair is so thick ( my race) that even with just the top long it looks like I have a full head of hair. WHen I do my thing, roam in the woods, etc etc.. I can put it in a ponytail and Voila.. super short utilitarian. A plus is that the husband loves it. Besides, I dont want angels taking an interest in me... ( hehe..)

The husband. He is the most hairy person Ive EVER met or seen... or heard of. He is literally a werewolf. Due to my race, I barely have to shave my legs and armpits.. and usually just wax everywhere I want it baby butt smooth. I married a guy who has hair that grows DOWN HIS NOSE... if I dont pluck it. His ancestry is Russian/German... guess they have a hairy as hell clan somewhere. He had long hair way back when, but due to mil, he went clean shaven and I love it. He has been out for some time... and still keeps his hair crew cut, but has just cut his lamb chop things and has a goatee again. He tried a beard.. and I slept on the couch.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wonder what the effects of all these wirless signals have on people through the hair. Could it be that some of us could be damaged from interference of earths natural flow and would shaving help reduce the influence that a small few may be ixperiencing negitivly?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What the hell? This thread is a rehash of an old one of the exact same name? Even some of the replies(like the barbershop video) are the same. But I see the thread creation date to be 13th May 2014

edit on 14-5-2014 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

I thought I had read this before,and before, and before.

I have hair past my waist, it is HUUUUUGE, and white, and I'm old, frightening actually, imagine Polynesian
edit on 013131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 013131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
It's been posted a couple times that beards make men more manly, but mustaches make men creepy.
I have a friend that will see a guy with a mustache and say "Look at that rapist over there."
He's been doing it for years and it still makes me laugh.

This was the image that didn't appear before…

:-)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

That's awesome! I had very curly hair too, people thought it looked like a lion's mane. I have a son who's 31 now who is working on a head of hair very reminiscent of mine... his wife hates his too!

I love the Parris Island story, didn't I see that in a movie before? I can't remember what it would have been. Dude, I wouldn't have given him the satisfaction of cutting it off, but then again, I guess you were making a statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join