It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Long Hair…….

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I don't buy it, personally. I don't think hair has anything to do with anything, but if we're gonna expound on some ideas here:

I think short hair is superior. Think about it: that hair raising on the back of your neck? Why is it the back of your neck? cause it's shorter there, usually. It actually -can- raise. I also find the movement of wind and subtle changes in air currents much easier to detect with short hair.

I've had long hair. Rocked it for some time and all I came away with it was a hatred of having long hair
Short on the side, relatively short on the top, it works for me. I honestly will admit I -do- feel out of tune having my hair longer, especially on the sides and back of my head.

So...nope, don't believe that long hair is somehow a sensory gain.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
What the hell are you rambling about?

Hair has exactly nothing to do with anything except first impressions.

Long hair short hair, hair in a mohawk in my opinion means nothing.

Ive met nice punks, bad hippys and very nice armor people and not once did their hair have any inpack on what i thought.

I will say i have my preferences and that some hair styles are more attractive, but thats all it is, cosmetic.

You might want to educate yourself some more on this topic. It's not all crap. There is a lot of meaning behind it. Here is a thread from 2010 on this same subject and it goes more in depth. Great thread. Check it out.

Truth about Hair?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This might have been suggested already, I didn't read all the thread, but it could be something to do with static if it has any scientific /esoteric basis at all. Perhaps subtle electrical energies can be picked up from hair or it might even attract subtle scent molecules with it's static energy which is perceived by the senses.

As a woman, my hair is important to me, I prefer having long to short hair. During the nineties a few of my boyfriends had longer hair, which I liked then (probably because it was a trend) as long as it wasn't too long and they weren't preening it or swishing it about like a girl, though sometimes it was annoying and got in the way too often. I also think perhaps it does something to men, or perhaps it is just a perception of an ''I know it all'' air or ''look at me'' vibe that seems to emanate from some long haired men or maybe that is from wearing pony tails. I also think men look better when their hair is trimmed, stylishly.
edit on 14-5-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

All the info in the OP of that thread is a carbon copy of what's posted in the link in this thread. Same exact story word for word.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
21 pages from a old thread and 11 on this one and I still have no idea if this is a true story or not. Cool story tho.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Do you think the long hair was the cause of you using ……. instead of the conventional ...?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
No wonder I knew so much more than my parents when I was younger!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
maybe there is something to this Thread. Anyways throughout my life i would let my hair grow out then cut it. But i havn't cut my hear in a year and 6 months. Its pretty long now.

Also i find it strange that my beard is black and curly and my hair is long thin and blond.
It looks pretty weird hahaha maybe its them Irish and german genes mixing. *shrug*

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Been forever since I posted but my hair began thinning in my early thirty's. I had options... go with the "Gallagher" look, the "George Carlin" look or just plain ole shave it off. I went with shave it off, can still hear a fly fart at 50 yards sleep soundly unless there is a suspicious noise and I normally sleep through the evening. The local SWAT team gathered in my back yard once for a neighbors dispute around 3 AM and I was already awake and out there before they even showed up. (sitting in a lawn chair with a beer lol) Asked why I was out there I responded that I expected them due to the hostage situation across the street. Once asked how I knew, the answer was simple... I woke up knowing something was wrong and was waiting on you. Also knowing the neighbor's history it was not a stretch. Not hair related at all, trust me. Star and Flag, love the post!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I honestly do not have time right now to read this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned that short hair in large part came about for a military purpose? If the enemy can grab your hair in hand to hand combat, it gives them a huge advantage. I'd think that would be obvious.

As to length of hair otherwise meaning anything; not much. Does anyone care anymore?

The extension of the nervous system does not ring true to me, but that's just opinion.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

My wife gets upset when I shave my beard. She prefers it about 2 inches longer than I like to keep it.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Long hair looks good on most alpha males.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

As a woman I can say that while some men look better without a beard, I personally prefer a beard because 5 o'clock shadows give me a rash. Once it grows out long enough to be soft it feels much better than kissing sandpaper or cactus needles.

I also love long hair on men, the longer the better. And nothing is sexier than a few strands of long hair hanging in a man's face while he is giving you "The Look". Yeah I have a thing for men with long hair.

I hate buzz cuts or Mr. Clean look it is just very unattractive to me. Anything shorter than touching their shoulders is unattractive to me.

As far as being more in-tune with nature and such, I believe it does have some effect. Someone made the point about monks having shaved heads that is true but they are more in touch with a higher power and have a uncanny wisdom about them where as mountain men and Natives and such with long hair have a sense about them a connection with nature it's self which differs from the holy wisdom of the monks.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarkia

As a woman I can say that while some men look better without a beard, I personally prefer a beard because 5 o'clock shadows give me a rash. Once it grows out long enough to be soft it feels much better than kissing sandpaper or cactus needles.

I also love long hair on men, the longer the better. And nothing is sexier than a few strands of long hair hanging in a man's face while he is giving you "The Look". Yeah I have a thing for men with long hair.

I hate buzz cuts or Mr. Clean look it is just very unattractive to me. Anything shorter than touching their shoulders is unattractive to me.

As far as being more in-tune with nature and such, I believe it does have some effect. Someone made the point about monks having shaved heads that is true but they are more in touch with a higher power and have a uncanny wisdom about them where as mountain men and Natives and such with long hair have a sense about them a connection with nature it's self which differs from the holy wisdom of the monks.

Thanks Zarkia

I've found that my new longer hair seems to be attracting more female admirers..... Especially when I'm riding on of my horses........ I also find that the horses, especially my Arab Stallion seems to nuzzle it and sniff at it...... Not aggressively but as if reassurance .....

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Wouldn't you be wearing a helmet? lol And you tuck long hair in your back. it dosn't fall out.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

1. long hair can (and often is ) be used against you in a fight.

What a violent life you must live, if you have to plan your hairstyle based on what can or cannot be used against you in a fight. Bruce Lee wasn't bald, and no one was ever able to beat him in a fight, however.. (In fact, he had a 'relatively long' hair at some points of his incarnation)

You can also use this as your advantage, when you know exactly what the enemy is probably going to do. When the enemy grabs your hair, he only has one hand free, and you can retaliate efficiently. I don't think in actual reality, long hair has EVER been a deciding factor in losing a fight, in the whole history of this planet (or any other).

Someone who grabs your hair is VERY vulnerable to an attack during the grabbing - he/she is exposing him/herself a lot at that moment, and he has to be close enough for you to deliver lots of painful damage to him before he can protect himself. Such an attacker is really in a disadvantage. The Samurai did have weird hairstyles, but they did keep hair, never went completely bald. Why do you think that is, if your statement is 100% correct? Could it be that even if that were true, it would have to be such a tiny aspect of the whole fight that in practical reality, it doesn't matter as much as for example, how good a fighter you actually are..

So, I just proved that a long hair is actually an ADVANTAGE in a fight! (Not that fight-based arguments should be even tolerated in a peaceful civilization)

2. long hair is difficult to keep clean

No, it isn't. Unless you are incredibly lazy. You don't have to wash it every day, and you don't have to keep it so long that you stumble upon it while walking. People with hair have to wash the hair anyway - a long hair is just as easy to wash as a short hair, as long as it's not some kind of extremely long freakhair.

What's so difficult about washing hair normally?

3. in hot / tropical climates long hair is uncomfortable.

I'd say this is a matter of opinion, and a matter of 'carrying' it. If you put it in ponytail, you can basically forget about it until you need to open the ponytail for some reason. No problem, no hassle, etc. Besides, "Uncomfortable" is really not a measurable quality, and can vary from individual to another, so this reason should be disqualified. It may be YOUR opinion, but not necessarily anyone else's. It's certainly not a fact. I might just as well say that short hair or baldness is 'Unstylish'. Equally valid/invalid argument..

Now, a few points about short hair/baldness:

1) No personality or individuality
2) Looks hostile, aggressive and ape-like (gives a 'dumb thug' impression)
3) You can't 'tweak' it in any way, but with a hair, you can experiment with different kinds of styles and such.
4) When the hair grows, you have to keep cutting it or shaving it constantly. All the time. Much more hassle than a simple wash every now and then! It's a neverending additional workload, continously harassing you! It's much harder to keep short hair short than to keep long hair clean!
5) You have to keep thinking about the hair all the time. With a long hair, you can just put it in ponytail, and you are ready to go. No hassles, no cutting or shaving or worrying about it. You also then have two modes - "open" hair to impress people or accentuate your facial features, experiment with styles and have all that fun, or "closed" mode (ponytail) for things where hair could get in the way, or when you need to focus on something else and forget about the hair. You only have one mode: "worried that it may grow too long soon so you have to again shave/cut it".
6) Long hair protects your skull from the sun (and other effects)
7) Long hair helps keep you warm in colder climates, especially during the winter
8) It gives you ESP powers that you can't even dream of when bald
9) It's attractive (I think both genres should always have long hair, it simply looks better than short, always)

I could write more, but I think I have proven my point.. (and I only used one digit, so I'd have to add a zero to all those numbers to stay consistent, and I am too lazy - like I am too lazy to ever have a short/bald hair, unless it happens naturally) your turn.

edit on 15-5-2014 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I honestly do not have time right now to read this entire thread,

How can you not have time to READ, but you have time to WRITE? Which takes longer?

but has anyone mentioned that short hair in large part came about for a military purpose? If the enemy can grab your hair in hand to hand combat, it gives them a huge advantage. I'd think that would be obvious.

Yes, anyone has. And that has been already debunked.

On the surface, the claim looks good. But what kind of an advantage is it to lock your hand to the opponent's head? I mean, while you are grabbing the hair, there's a thousand things the opponent can do to you. Besides, EVEN if we take it as the truth, then wouldn't having long hair make for better fighters? I mean, if you are at a slight disadvantage, you are going to have to learn to fight better.. if you are too trusting in the power of baldness, you might get complacent and lose the fight because you underestimated your opponent.

Not that a FIGHT-based argument has anything to do with whether a long hair is better for ESP abilities and sensitivity to the nature.

As for the guy who claims to have been bald and known about the SWAT team arriving (why would that even happen?), surely that can happen for other reasons, like a coincidence? Also, maybe 'losing the hair naturally' is different from 'artificially cutting it off before its time'.

I mean, this obviously didn't happen in the jungle - maybe bald people are more attuned to the artificial city life than the nature..

Also, if you know that SWAT team is coming to your house, would you really rather a) go as far from your house as possible to the opposite direction of their 'sensed' arrival or b) go sit on a lawn chair with a beer on your hand?

Come on, that's PRETTY TRUSTING attitude that there are absolutely no trigger-happy, egomaniac lunatics among the team, because we all know that only harmonious and good-willed human beings are accepted to SWAT.. so you have, in this world, a complete, 100% trust that SWAT team will treat you like a human, respect your rights, listen to you, chat with you, and not take you away, never to be seen or heard of again? This man's trust in the fairness and goodness of the SWAT is more remarkable than the ability to sense their coming!

Not saying anyone is lying, but perhaps slight exaggeration might be happening, or something..?

I think that non-argument about the 'advantage' of grabbing the hair was invented so that people would succumb to the barber's chair without questioning the procedure (whose intent is something completely different, and way more sinister - to complete making humans into unfeeling, inhuman killer robots, you have to destroy their sensitivity, ESP abilities, individuality, looks, et cetera).

Bruce Lee once said, that a man with a knife in a fight is at a disadvantage compared to a man without any weapons whatsoever. Why or how could this be?

Well, psychologically, the knife wielding man only has one weapon. A martial artist has four weapons. Surely four weapons is better than one!

Surely this same principle happens in a bald vs. long hair-fight. The bald one thinks his baldness gives him an advantage, gets complacent and doesn't try his best, while the hairman knows that the opponent probably tries to use the hair to his advantage, giving him a psychological edge. He is prepared for that eventuality, he knows what to do. So when the moment comes, the opponent has lost the movability of the hair-grabbing arm, while exposing himself in the process, to be attacked freely by the man whose all limbs are completely free!

How exactly is grabbing hair an advantage, could you please elaborate, now? Don't just spout the "obvious" clichés without thought put to them. Do you have reliable statistics (I know, oxymoron) of any fights that were won/lost because of hair/lack of hair? Can you show me how that works in real reality? Why didn't anyone think to use Bruce Lee's relatively long hair against him? HMM?

Shouldn't he have lost every match against a balder man?

The fact that he didn't, shows your argument to be just a parroted army cliché, and thus, defacation of a male bovine.

Besides, if you let an opponent's hand so close to your head that he can grab your hair, you deserve to lose the fight.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 Every full moon,trim your hair 1/4 inch.I have done this forever and it does work.Farmers Amanac will also list days that you will benefit for growth aswell as days to discourage growth.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Withnail & I, guess it's true what Danny is saying.

edit on 2014-05-15T10:47:15-05:00amThu, 15 May 2014 10:47:15 -0500ambam2014 by carabao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I love how the thread became about attractiveness and not ability. The missing ingredient to making Samson superhuman was power. Call it being gods chosen, call it kundalini, native american called it medicine etc. He was brought up knowing what he was and we have all been tricked into being something we are not and being happy about it.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join