It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Long Hair…….

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Just read this article from a link on my FB page and it concerns hair……long hair, on men (and i guess women).

I'm not sure how factually correct it is however the story derives its information from studies during the Vietnam war regarding the use of trackers and native American Indians…..

Think of the story of Samson and Delila and you'll get the idea……… Is Hair really an extenstion of the human neverous system and part of our fight or flight instinct…

Maybe short military haircuts give us a disadvantage……?

The Truth About Long Hair
This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Vietnam War. Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue.
Back in the Vietnam war, however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view….

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Vietnam.
Sally said, “I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor’s Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government.
He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life.
From that moment on my conservative, middle-of-the-road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical Center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example.

Read more at www.realfarmacy.com...
edit on Tue May 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

I knew it

I loved my long hair when I was younger I thought it gave me strength but age and work has made me go short.
I may just have a go growing it now

S&F.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

That is very interesting. Something I will have to keep in mind most definitely.

S&F

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I knew it

I loved my long hair when I was younger I thought it gave me strength but age and work has made me go short.
I may just have a go growing it now

S&F.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe I'll have to quit cutting my husbands hair... lol. (he hates it when I cut it anyway... he just might be giving kudos to the OP for that! hahaha)
edit on 13-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
What the hell are you rambling about?

Hair has exactly nothing to do with anything except first impressions.

Long hair short hair, hair in a mohawk in my opinion means nothing.

Ive met nice punks, bad hippys and very nice armor people and not once did their hair have any inpack on what i thought.

I will say i have my preferences and that some hair styles are more attractive, but thats all it is, cosmetic.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

My hair until recently was halfway down my back. About three weeks ago due to split ends I had it cut back to shoulder length. I took off my beard as well.

Since then I am having a very difficult time sleeping at night. If I can get a good 3 hours I am lucky!

After reading your post, I am wondering if getting my hair cut shorter has anything to do with it?

I doubt it, but who knows....

Interesting read!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Not according to the OP.
hair is an extension of our nervous system.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Not according to the OP.

Well ive decided to grow mine out, 6 months now, does that mean im now more nervous ?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

You will be immune to all the Gillette adverts with Beckham in etc.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

You will be immune to all the Gillette adverts with Beckham in etc.

Ha having watched tv a lot and used the internet since i was 15 im basically immune to adverts already.

When the ad breaks come on i pretty much glaze over....

David becham and his razor can go do one
Ive never seen an ad and thought "omg thats amazing i must buy a bunch of it right now"

And im pretty sure my hair length at the time doesnt make a difference, as loverly as it is. Though i dont like looking like justin bieber - that upsets me. but im old and if i dont grow it out now this one last time im gunna be a bald bastard forever more.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Although this has been posted before, I always find it fascinating. I started to grow my hair out again about two years ago. But there is definitely a difference. Dealing with the split ends is a pain, but I have gained the uncanny ability to both "sneak up" on people undetected and indeed, simply "know" where someone is in the vicinity. Strange but from my own personal experience, I believe it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So if cutting our hair affects these abilities, what affect does washing hair have?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: YarlanZey
So if cutting our hair affects these abilities, what affect does washing hair have?

Absolutely nothing like everything else you do with your hair.

+11 more 
posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
My dearly departed sister always told me that real men have long hair throughout history. So I still keep my hair long at 42, partly in her memory but also because I ROCK!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Maybe it is another reason Sikhs never cut their hair?.
here are some more reasons to have a beard and long hair.

Keeps you warm in winter cool in summer.
Absorbs harmful rays from the sun thus reducing skin cancer.
Hair follicles can make androgenic hormones.
Axillary hair provides larger surface area for evaporation of sweat.

Right no more hair cutting for me WoooHooo

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Not according to the OP.

Well ive decided to grow mine out, 6 months now, does that mean im now more nervous ?

It takes a little longer. Some facial hair helps if you can grow it.
One of my Kiowa friends has grown his out for seven years now and its almost down to his butt. Braiding helps when it gets longer.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

lmao

this is ridiculous .
The reason military dictates hairstyle and bans facial hair is the same reason it requires uniforms-
REMOVING PERSONAL IDENTITY AND INDIVIDUALISM .
This is an acknowledged fact.
This story is just that, a story- written by someone who needs psychological help.
edit on 13-5-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Long hair… short hair…

I don't think there's much we can do for you Biigs..

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Biigs

Not according to the OP.

It takes a little longer. Some facial hair helps if you can grow it.
One of my Kiowa friends has grown his out for seven years now and its almost down to his butt. Braiding helps when it gets longer.

Actually im rocking a 6 month old mustache and beard, think of that guy from myth busters and you are 90% there

I only shaved my sides and burns in the last 6 months and i have a pretty "shaggy from scooby do" look going on.

That means if thread is correct, a wealth of emotional and spiritual awareness that, if correct i could lose if i shave it all off.

I shave other places too but thats not really appropriate.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: YarlanZey

If what this article says has some merit…..then washing your hair is merely a way of keeping it healthy and clean…bit like filling your car engine with oil once in a while……….

PDUK

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join