It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Long Hair…….

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Keep my head shaved ..
1. long hair can (and often is ) be used against you in a fight.
2. long hair is difficult to keep clean
3. in hot / tropical climates long hair is uncomfortable.

As to enhanced awareness due long hair dubious as most people Ive seen are far from aware of their surroundings ..
Know of buddhist monks who are far more alert / aware and all shave their heads.

Lastly from experience women love men with bald heads ..

Disagree with your Last Point……….. i've only recently grown my hair long into my 40's and i have noticed a significant change in female attitudes towards me…….. it actually upsets other men……ooops..sorry…;-)

PDUK

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

All very good points.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Nah... my son shaves his head bald. Girls like it on him. Some girls are just attracted to that I think.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

The girls sure did like braiding my hair many different ways....I miss that

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Give it a few years and long hair on men will come back, like the 60's 70's and 90's...bit overdue I think.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Letting our guys over there sport some face hair was part of a psyop. Winning hearts and minds. Besides the natives think it is "unmanly" to shave.

Very True… a beard coupled with an assault rifle and armoured vehicles definitly wins over hearts and minds……. said sarcastically……..

BUT you are correct……maybe long hair on the head would have ''added'' to the view from village elders over in Afghanistan and Iraq…?

PDUK

That photo is probably of special op's. They do a lot of interaction with village chiefs and the like. Some even sport traditional local manly fashions even.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I dunno, throughout my life I've lived both life styles long hair/beard, clean cut and shaven, now I'm clean cut with a goatee. As far as female attraction to facial/long hair. The over riding factor seems to be personality after the first visual impression.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Ive found most women dont like a beard of any sort really. They like a clean shaven every day/few days.

Once it gets "beardy" rather than simply stubbly they just dont really like it.

This is ofc all in my own experience and only from my country. And my USA gf didnt like it.

edit on b1515743 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It matters but not in the cut and dried ways we all easily understand.

It is more a confidence and wholeness issue,I was a high level athlete and I always needed to be seeking balance ,everywhere in my life ,and this sense of balance directly effected me as an Athlete,I am not saying it effected anyone else,but then again I was the Most Outstanding Male Athlete in my High School so take this for what you will.I was consistantly better than everyone else to the point that you had to make me believe me or my team would lose to make that happen and when I was in balance no one could do that,being in balance to me meant long hair,very long hair.

A man must be whole and complete to perform at his optimal level.Making a man do ANYTHING he does not wish to on a personal level takes away his identity,it didnt require waste of money studies to know this,for gods sakes the reason they cut your hair is to break you away from your individualism and make you into a teammate.

The tough guy who had extra confidence and bravado because he was a part of a group who all wore long hair will naturally attribute his identity to some degree to the physical appearance and"feeling" he became used to,so obviously if you cut his hair he will lose that comfort zone,and he will still be able to do 100 pushups but he will not have the edge and confidence to beat you hand to hand 9 times out of ten if his hair is cut and his comfort zone destroyed,he may only beat you 6 or 7 times out of ten,and this is a huge margin in competition,a crippeling margin if you are on the low end of the scale.

Hair is our body protection so quite obviosly when you remove it we feel and actually tangiblly are less protected.If you ARE less protected then you SHOULD experience a negative loss of some degree of confidence if you are sane and intact and paying attention.At the highest levels of competition the smallest things become epic in importance,I had a habit of flipping my hair out of my eyes and I incorporated it into the things I did even at the highest speeds when my mind and body had to be working seamlessly.MOST men do not even know this fine degree of lattitude exists,this is why they are average or above average but NEVER the best.I was doing everything my opponents were doing plus more AND I was flipping my hair as a mental reminder when I checked off the things I was suppossed to be doing out there,I ADDED an extra step,ha ha ha.I had time to do that,and it was this extra level of managment and awareness as it relates to individual time managment that gave me an edge.

This reality extends to equipment,how your shoes are tied,what you eat,anything that has a bearing on you physiclly or cerebrally.

The real question is who was the idiot who did not realise immediatly that the act of intentionally cutting peoples hair to control and manipulate them would not have this negative impact on their high performance Trackers?

Do you see bald animals in the forest?In the Jungle? Of course not,so how the heck do you think it "feels" to be in the forest and be the only bald creture around?

The reason hair is buzzed off in the first place is because the idea is to get soldiers to NOT FEEL these small degrees of self-realisations,they want the men and women to be in a state of mind that they have contrived for a specific set of circumstances to make them stronger as a group and as individuals in terms of this one single task.They want to break everyone away from the indivdualism that makes us who we are,this is so they can develop a simple baseline to work with.You do NOT want soldiers worrying about their hair when they are in the trenches and bullets are flying everywhere,but you DO want your trackers worrying about every tiny detail they can incorporate into their jobs and whatever aspects of that action they need to reinforce.

So if they cut your hair to stop you from being an individual does it not make sense that they would make you grow it long if they wanted you to be as much of an individual as you can be?

I do not see Remote Viewers all walking around looking like modern day jesus,so they arent tapping into any "force".

It is a comfort zone and personal awareness issue and there are physical advantages to having long hair no one talks about from the ways you note how the wind is blowing to the temperatures to ... well there are many small details that are important but that only people operating near their personal optimal performance levels will ever realise exist.

Regular soldiers do not need 100% awareness they need 100% obedience,Trackers can not function under 100% control,they must have their individual mojo intact and functioning,regular soldiers are like a dull butter knife and Trackers are like a scalpel.This is how these different people are built,and if they dont come this way then the Military encourages them to adjust.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
In a way it makes sense, just think of goosebumps, when your hair on your body is standing straight up in a tense situation, it could mean you are activating the bodys defence/awareness system, and beard could be like a cats whiskers that is a big part of it's sensory system.

One thing i hate is the feeling of cobweb/spider web in my hair, i hate cobweb.

Your observation is exactly what the original article is suggesting…..

Long hair (on head or face) is a possible extension of our ''feeling'' and awareness with the world around us….. yet in todays modern society and corporate culture then it is seen as being scruffy and non conformist……

I like being a Contrarian and being individual…… although it obviously does unsettle others…

PDUK

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Because of all those Gillette ads.
great thing is more and more men are growing beards and or facial hair.
Movember has a lot to do with this.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: YarlanZey
So if cutting our hair affects these abilities, what affect does washing hair have?

Absolutely nothing like everything else you do with your hair.

I thought that was the case but there might have been some other conspiracy there as well? What about deodorants? Keep us all distracted and whiffy because ...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Because of all those Gillette ads.
great thing is more and more men are growing beards and or facial hair.
Movember has a lot to do with this.

Funny you mention movember thats exactly when i started my mustache/bread/hair thing. november the 1st.

I made the company do it and we made a few hundred quid for the cause

I just didnt stop, tho i do shave my sides of my face, i have a few patches that look stupid with a full beard lol

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Snap I miss sideburns but have a fullish beard so I just grow a goatee.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Some females like the grit, others do not. I'm guessing the ones you've been with did not, which is probably why they were drawn to your appearance in the first place. Just like how some men are drawn to some women with long straight hair and others like curly/wavy hair etc on gals.

To each their own.

I keep my goatee trimmed and soft and the sides shaved smooth.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Snap I miss sideburns but have a fullish beard so I just grow a goatee.

I dont even know what the current fashion is with side burns.

Do you let them go a few inches?
Do you cut em short like top of the ear?

Just what the # am i meant to do with them these days? Ive damn near got a set of proper pork chops going on

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Dunno I can't grow em mine start an inch below my hair line

I would grow some huge pork chops If I could

edit on 13-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I guess i simply never pulled a girl while i had a beard.

But to me it seems beard = no girls.

Maybe its because i look like frodo and not russell crowe is why a beard is such a turn off LOLOLOL

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

My best look was dyed blond hair (done a bit wrong by the girls at work) a chopper tash which I dyed brown but I left the stuff on for the wrong amount of time so It went jet black...
it is the time I got my last passport photo and I look like a psycho lol, everytime I go abroad now i get really odd looks from passport control lol.
edit on 13-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: died dyed bloody english lol.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join