It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Long Hair…….

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Only looked like a psyco huh......

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Shhh don't tell anyone or.....

lol.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Biigs, BoyMonkey

Hmmmm… It's a good look……(?)

It's definitily enough to Scare the 'Enemy' away but not sure it raises ones senses…..

edit on 13-5-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have hair half way down my back, the only reason I ever consider getting it cut is when I tire of the management of it.

I don't feel right with short hair, when I was in the military were my most miserable times and right about the time I was feeling better I had to go get my haircut, haircuts are nearly painful for me and I have hated them since I was a very young child.

Another funny observation about hair length is that slaves were kept naked and hair shaved in the past, same with concentration camp prisoners in WW2.

I have read something regarding this before somewhere and agree that any part of one's body is there for a reason and should be left intact.

I can see how it is a safety concern on some jobsites, like long hair getting into a drill-press or wrapped up in a double action disc sander, but one should not be required to get it cut so much as keep it under control.

It will become a discrimination issue eventually when some long haired guy tells the boss he wants to keep his hair long and to look at that girl over there who he isn't demanding to get a haircut.

Anyone who feels it is simply cosmetic is just another ignorant consumer, I don't care what your first impression is of me because anyone with half a brain measures their first impression by one's merits, not appearance.

If you measure me by my appearance, I can usually sense if it is a negative measurement if my hair is long, really.

So many look like big shaved babies, shave your entire body?... almost like some kind of pedophilia in disguise.

I stop now with my critique of my own race and species which I am ashamed to be a member of....

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Very interesting indeed! No wonder girls are smarter the boys....lol

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I used to have long hair up until a few years ago, but then I got annoyed when it would always blow in my face when I had the windows down driving or when I was working outside, so I cut it short. I guess I could compromise and go with a mullet.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
ROTFL, all long hair ever gave me was a shorter temper due to heat trapping -- I'm not a nice person the warmer I get, it's physically uncomfortable, and my temper shortens significantly (and quickly) due to the discomfort. My husband jokes that he can tell when the temp & humidity have hit the summer climate tipping point for me, because I growl. There are times he may be right

Plus it's a PITA to care for. Tons of shampoo and conditioner for myself and other super thick-maned folks, and it's heavy. Hair has nothing to do with any keen senses, or else I should have blatantly been Wonder Woman by default.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
guys with long hair...them washing it and brushing it seems so terribly gay to me. There might be something to this story, and loads of 'heroes' had long hair. Some men suit it very well but then they'll have to get their conditioner and brush and there goes the manly image down the gaydrain...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Shhh don't tell anyone or.....

lol.

Hello Huston? we have a weirdo.

repeat we have a weirdo.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Me The seventh Earl of nugent wierd? My duck thinks so also but what does he know? He is a duck

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

There could be something to it. Some of you may have seen the pictures of me when I was younger. I had long hair back then, and was an absolute ghost in the woods. I could tell when people or animals were around, even if I couldn't see them - sometimes, even through a wall. I never knew how I came by that ability, but it's spooked more than one person. Now, how much of that was due to the hair as the OP suggests, and how much of it was due to just spending nearly every waking hour out in the woods and perhaps picking up on subtle cues that I never consciously was aware of is anyone's guess.

I dunno. Anything is possible, I reckon.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Me The seventh Earl of nugent wierd? My duck thinks so also but what does he know? He is a duck

My dad had a saying.

"find a duck and pick it up, then all day

you'll have a duck"

Not sure he was right the in head.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Sounds like a wise man to me

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Sounds like a wise man to me

but really, who gives a duck

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Biigs

Not according to the OP.
hair is an extension of our nervous system.

Well ive decided to grow mine out, 6 months now, does that mean im now more nervous ?

It takes a little longer. Some facial hair helps if you can grow it.
One of my Kiowa friends has grown his out for seven years now and its almost down to his butt. Braiding helps when it gets longer.

Actually im rocking a 6 month old mustache and beard, think of that guy from myth busters and you are 90% there

I only shaved my sides and burns in the last 6 months and i have a pretty "shaggy from scooby do" look going on.

That means if thread is correct, a wealth of emotional and spiritual awareness that, if correct i could lose if i shave it all off.

I shave other places too but thats not really appropriate.

I only trim the beard and likewise manscape.
It's only polite

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's sad that this is my first post on ATS, but I can say this;

I had a girl just not too long ago severely attracted to me because her ex-boyfriend kept a baby face and I had a beard. I don't have long hair, although I used to. She was all over me because of it. Said I looked like a big furry bear, and not the type of 'bear' some think of.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

The reason military dictates hairstyle and bans facial hair is the same reason it requires uniforms- REMOVING PERSONAL IDENTITY AND INDIVIDUALISM . - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nope. Sorry, tinycdancerg:
it's so that gas masks will work if needed.

Also - washing too often makes hair less healthy, more prone to breakage (especially fine, curly hair), and brittle.

I now wash mine about twice a month (more if I get really sweaty or dirty, which isn't often)...it's shinier, longer, and healthier than it's ever been before.

Hardly any gray, either, and I'm 55 and a half!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hair is like antennas, allowing energy to flow through the body. If you continuously wash it with soaps and do not restore it with minerals, the antennas don't work. I think it is more of a sensory effect though, allowing you to sense energy of other people.

Jesus probably never cut his hair. Shamans and holy people didn't cut there hair either. Look at the founders of our country, they had long hair wigs....they were deceivers with their fake hair. Only the prestigious people in the past were supposed to have long hair in some locations.....the ones that god blessed.

So we were tricked into believing short hair on men is good. All of the short haired people in congress are honest
Most of those running the banks have short hair
How about the traders on the stock exchange

You may say that is just because society wants this, but who structured society the way it is....probably those with short hair. They do not want us to be able to detect the deceit they throw at us.

Ok, Now that I have complained a little I have to go trim my beard a bit, it's getting a little too scraggly.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I do about the same. I do indeed wash my beard of course as well at the same time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join