It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Long Hair…….

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Ohhh.... my heart felt sympathies to all the bald men out there

who don't stand a chance ... If this is indeed true?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have gone both ways and prfer to simply leave my hair alone to do its thing...
Working in the bush, I never touched my hair for 16 yrs...kept the bugs at bay.....
I think cleanliness is a must, but all that self masturbation of fooling with your appearance is just moot....ya are what ya are....ive had a beard for ever...
edit on 13-5-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Gotta say, while the ladies seem to avoid me i do love having a beard.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have found it to be a benefit, the ladies avoiding me I mean.

Maybe I'm just getting old, or maybe they notice me and I just don't pay attention like was pointed out to me recently by a friend....

...Been around long enough to know better than to listen to what my small head says to me...

I would listen to my small head if Jennifer Lopez was leading me on....

Dreams.....Mmmmmmmmm.....

a reply to: Biigs

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
This may also explain some of the Rastafari habit of not cutting ones hair. Jah know what I mean?

Heck ya!

Just google dreadlocks and antenna, or dreadlocks and spirituality.

I found this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty cool.

I've been showing some good beard lately, and now this thread has inspired me to bring the dreads back

So stoked, I had dreads back when I was 15 or so working at the canarys and docks. My extremely kinky curly hair sets me up for them (and while everyone is on the subject of what girls like! Well, let me tell ya.......
)

...the curls, not the dreads, I had both at one point or another. Now my head is buzzed and it makes me sad.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Ohhh.... my heart felt sympathies to all the bald men out there

who don't stand a chance ... If this is indeed true?

Hope is not lost!

That's why anyone can get an awesome beard!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
WE Klingons WILL have it so...PROBLEMS?
edit on 13-5-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: Distracted by school.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltinycdancerg

lmao

this is ridiculous .
The reason military dictates hairstyle and bans facial hair is the same reason it requires uniforms-
REMOVING PERSONAL IDENTITY AND INDIVIDUALISM .
This is an acknowledged fact.
This story is just that, a story- written by someone who needs psychological help.

I have my own theory. Human skin is sensitive to heat (infra-red radiation). Then human hair would act as an heat insulator (blocking out thermal emissions). That would give better stealth ability.

And hair over the ears would act as an acoustic filter. TV studios actually had a problem with conventional microphone sound booms on outdoor filming. Gusts of wind would create all sorts of unwanted noise when recording. The solution? Furry microphone covers.

www.ktekbooms.com...

The individual strands would actually break up the flow of air into tiny vortices, which in turn would cancel each other out.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would so love to have my long hair back, unfortunately most of it is gone now! I loved my 80's rocker look! It seemed the more I cut it, the more I lost though sadly...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Every single hair follicle has it's own blood supply and a nerve associated with it.

To remove the hair renders the sensory aspects of it to be less useful or non-existent.

Think about how many hairs one has on the body, and how much less sensory input is lost when the hair is removed without even paying the protective properties of the hair any attention, there is a sensory nullifying effect.

Anyway....

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Studies show that long hair and beards create trust in personal interactions especially with women.

www.experienceproject.com...

I cut my hair to give to cancer patients. It's growing back....

www.pantene.com... n=Pantene_Search_Category+Interest&utm_term=%2Bdonate%20%2Bhair%20%2Bcancer&utm_content=s5L7zHy6m_dc|pcrid|28081637075|pkw|%2Bdonate%20%2Bhair%20%2Bca ncer|pmt|b&sctp=ppc&scvn=google&scgoogle_search&sckw=%2Bdonate%20%2Bhair%20%2Bcancer

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Studies show that long hair and beards create trust in personal interactions especially with women.

www.pantene.com... n=Pantene_Search_Category+Interest&utm_term=%2Bdonate%20%2Bhair%20%2Bcancer&utm_content=s5L7zHy6m_dc|pcrid|28081637075|pkw|%2Bdonate%20%2Bhair%20%2Bca ncer|pmt|b&sctp=ppc&scvn=google&scgoogle_search&sckw=%2Bdonate%20%2Bhair%20%2Bcancer

most if not all of the women i know say its creepy and makes you seem more like a criminal psyco than a clean shaven guy.

Id like to think theres some girls out there that like a beard since i have one, but so far im pretty convinced thats not the case. which is a shame cus i kinda like it.

Im growing a huge beard because due to some things i dont even want a girl atm so im doing it for me.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: olaru12

most if not all of the women i know say its creepy and makes you seem more like a criminal psyco than a clean shaven guy.

Id like to think theres some girls out there that like a beard since i have one, but so far im pretty convinced thats not the case. which is a shame cus i kinda like it.

Im growing a huge beard because due to some things i dont even want a girl atm so im doing it for me.

I've always until recently had long hair and a well trimmed beard and all the women I know find it very attractive. They also tell me to grow my hair long again but think donating my long hair to cancer patients was an honorable move.

What's odd is I find women with very short haircuts very sexy.

I have also found that most of the women I encounter think the skinhead racist look scares them and they don't find that attractive at all.
edit on 13-5-2014 by olaru12 because: xoxoxo

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I knew it

I loved my long hair when I was younger I thought it gave me strength but age and work has made me go short.
I may just have a go growing it now

S&F.

I don't mean to brag, but I keep try'n to tell you BM. You can't
go wrong with the good book. A lot of my friends call me Sampson.
I'm fiftyfive and my wife is happy.
I don't just read it, I feel it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I like long and short hair on girls perfectly nice.

A nice blonde short cut, done right can be very sexy. no question about that.

Black or dark hair i prefer longer, never really stopped to think why.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I grew my beard out huge last year. My hair was long too. I had to shave my beard because it got hot but I liked it though and many other people commented on it too. I've since shaved my head because it just feels better now that I'm older(42).I wish I had hair like I used to - Edward Van Halen 1984, but in reality, now I have hair like 1981 Phil Collins with a mullet if I grow it out. I'm growing hair where there shouldn't be any hair and I'm losing hair where I want hair. But a fine woman told me that all the real heroes throughout history were balding. I think she's BS me but I'll take it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I knew it

I loved my long hair when I was younger I thought it gave me strength but age and work has made me go short.
I may just have a go growing it now

S&F.

I don't mean to brag, but I keep try'n to tell you BM. You can't
go wrong with the good book. A lot of my friends call me Sampson.
I'm fiftyfive and my wife is happy.
I don't just read it, I feel it.

you look like your mustache is as old as your crt monitor

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Is that you Randy? I'm 55 as well and I'm with you. My wife will tell anyone the same. Sorry to say I no longer have the locks though. My wife thought she'd like me better with it short.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

For the record, I have a new moniter.

But good call!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

and that Miller explains quite a lot, eh Samson?

edit on 13-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join