It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What lies beyond the farthest star?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The paradox, IMO, is in the language not the reality.

I love Wittgenstein. All the opportunities to share that guy's brain and the History and Biography Channels et al. choose to cover the Monkees or something.

Go figure.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RoguePenguinScotland

I was trying to find a way to say this all day...

Just brainstorming here but the concept of nothing (NO - THING) seems to be a paradox equal to or on par with the concept of infinity. Both of which the human mind is incapable of comprehending..we can only but apprehend or acknowledge the concepts.

... Thanks to Rogue I have no need to elaborate!!!

Put it better than I ever could pal...

As much as infinitesimal subject matter is unfathomable...
So is the concept of nothing, a lack of anything...

The only way I could elaborate is to say that nothing is just a lack of something, like darkness is a lack of light... Doesn't mean darkness isn't a thing...
So our definition of nothing doesn't really equal nothing though does it???...

Maybe that's just me!!!

Peace Rogue!!!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

More stars. Endlessly. But it is too simple to be believed? Or is it?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69 I'm sticking with the mud puddle theory. Or you can call it multi verse. But when I watch the rain drops hitting the surface of a puddle I see a number of big bangs going off constantly. I believe that the universe is infinite. Our galaxy could be like a grain of sand on an endless beach. It just keeps recycling itself over and over, if not here then somewhere else.

edit on 13-5-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: filled out

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Turtles... past the interplay of light bouncing off matter... turtles, all the way "down."

And the second line...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I hate to tell you this but there is already several threads about this, although they exist in alternate universes in their own bizarre version of ATS. In one of those universes I am a Super Mod but who will let the thread continue due to my kindness and generosity.

In this universe the generally accepted answer is that the universe is expanding into nothing. This makes me think that the same question could be asked by someone in a stable black hole. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that that our black hole resident is not ripped to shreds but lives quite comfortably in what he assumes is the extent of the known universe. He designs a spacecraft, and attempts to reach what he believes to be the outer edge of his universe, but what to us on the outside is the event horizon. Since nothing can escape the black hole, he is never able to actually reach or get to the edge so that he can peer into the universe that lay outside the event horizon. As he gets closer to the speed of light his mass increases and to some mufti-dimensional observer he seems frozen in time, although time for him has not changed. He is forever captive and can never know what lies outside. We are in the same boat, save for thought experiments like this, we can never know what is on the other side.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This is a really interesting thought experitment, and one which we probably will never know the answer to beyond theory. I am not even going to pretend I know enough about physics to give an answer!

Of course, it does lead into a futher question: IF the univers is constantly expanding, what is it expanding into???

Going for a cup of tea now - my mind is leaking out of my ears!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't know if we will ever reach the point of nothing.

I tend see the universe like a nesting doll. If we zoom into the atomic level, we find structures similar to solar systems with particles instead of planets. if we zoom out we find our solar system is actually part of a similarly structured galaxy spinning through space. If we keep zooming out, we might find that the known universe is really a small particle playing it's role as it circles it's own massive nucleus with other universes.
edit on 05pm01pm312014-05-14T13:52:08-05:0001America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No matter which direction you go, if you could go at infinite speed, past the farthest star, you would end up at the "beginning" of everything, a multi-dimensional singularity spewing out energy/matter. This is an extremely poor-two dimensional representation of the general shape of the universe:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
No matter which direction you go, if you could go at infinite speed, past the farthest star, you would end up at the "beginning" of everything, a multi-dimensional singularity spewing out energy/matter. This is an extremely poor-two dimensional representation of the general shape of the universe:

Star for the correct answer with visual.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I live in Russia. To the country where the tyrant Vladimir Putin governs. In this country there are no civil liberties and all information is exposed to cruel censorship. Nobody will publish that the tyrant and his servants won't want to publish. That I found on a site of NASA can change our representation about a life origin on Mars. These photos prove that life on Mars was reasonable and to a planet there lived humanoids. Billions years ago the last inhabitant of a planet was lost without having managed to depart from a planet. Now his skeleton lies among sand of a red planet. The publication on this site my last hope to tell about my find. From a site I enlarged photos and allocated artifacts. There is a video as on a site most to find this place. None of scientific NASA didn't pay attention to this find. At the end of December, 2013 on a site of NASA pictures of a skeleton of the alien and fragments of his space rocket were found. All pictures were made the office of NASA Curiosity and published on a site
I the first found these sensational pictures. The place of death of the alien on Mars can be found on NASA site in one minute.
These pictures are comparable with Yury Gagarin's flight. They prove to the world that we aren't lonely in space.
NASA site
mars.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: _damon
a reply to: openminded2011

More stars. Endlessly. But it is too simple to be believed? Or is it?

Agreed. Endless stars. Probably always expanding. And they are all beautiful lifeless planets. Until we discover even a hint of life outside of our little corner I'll continue to believe there is absolutely nothing out there. I do however believe there could be leftover human footprints on the moon, mars, venus, etc from days long ago.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe if we reached the end of the Universe, it would be like entering into a realm that we Humans could not even comprehend?

Like where the surface of water meets air. It would be like when a Fish leaps out of the water, Does it understand where it is during that split second? Just a thought. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The fathom of even trying to think of this just hurts my brain so I will not put any effort into this, lol.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Lifeless? A shaman would laugh to death in your face! No in fact he wouldnt but there would be pity in his eyes, without a doubt. These people are not hypocrites like most westerners.

But considering others planets lifeless just because you werent able to observe anything making sense to your how limited perceptions? What a farce.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Like where the surface of water meets air. It would be like when a Fish leaps out of the water, Does it understand where it is during that split second?

More than just a thought pal...
This is a highly philosophical question & you should give yourself a bit more credit

Wonderful question...
To many, the answer is probably no, but deeper thinking, does the Fish have an inbuilt instinct or Universal knowledge to already comprehend the other side!?!?!
Maybe we do as well, if this is the case!!!

Peace Sheople!!!
edit on 14-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Elaboration!!!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If you were to draw ONE thing on a page, ie something uniform or defined, ie solar system, galaxy, universe, plain even, ie dimension, One Spirit, in infinity, which is the real platform we're all apart of, the real base, and is infinite something, not infinite nothing, then you have to ask yourself, what is in the rest of the space, even going off the page.

Why, thats infinite Uniform Things, or Ideas/Things defined! Infinite universes, infinite plains/realms, infinite galaxies, infinite Spirit, not only in type, but in variation, spirallying in all directions, in and out of things as well, infinities within and without, like and akin to infinite fractals.

And in the concept of Double Slit Experiment, ie possibilities, all that is or could be an answer to something exists. So why is it infinite something, not infinite nothing? Nothing is void, so it cancels out. You only have infinite something.

10 Hours of Infinite Fractal and Falling Shepard's Tone

Fractal Zoom Mandelbrot Corner

This one is good but there is no one fractal in the beginning.

"Transcoding Infinity" - A Fractal Journey - Mandelbrot Zoom

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Deep Mandelbrot Zoom 10^1006 [720x1280]

Arthur C Clarke - Fractals - The Colors Of Infinity

Quantum Physics & Microscopic Universe [Full Documentary]

Beyond our Universe - Infinity Zoom [HD]

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Turtles... past the interplay of light bouncing off matter... turtles, all the way "down."

And the second line...

Did you know that the first Earth creatures to circle the moon and come safely back to earth were two tortoises and some tiny flies.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17921897]CharlieSpeirs
More than just a thought pal...
This is a highly philosophical question & you should give yourself a bit more credit

Wonderful question...
To many, the answer is probably no, but deeper thinking, does the Fish have an inbuilt instinct or Universal knowledge to already comprehend the other side!?!?!
Maybe we do as well, if this is the case!!!
Peace Sheople!!!

That is an interesting question as well. The Fish can certainly see the Bug flying above the water.

Which allows us to ponder yet another question, are we the Fish or the Bug?

Peace back at you Charlie. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join