It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trending now.....Two teenage boys shot dead in California during burglary attempt

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Kids can be stupid and make mistakes sometimes. I did. These are two young kids who are dead. This being said, you break into someones home you better know that you could die right then and there. I have a sign that says: 'There is nothing here worth your life'.

Glad to hear that the elderly person got a gun and defended their self. If more people would carry this stuff would stop.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

As a trained American police officer I can tell you that we shoot center mass. This is due to it being a bigger target and because that is where vitals are. The point is to incapacitate the threat so they are subsequently no longer a threat.

It is extremely difficult to shoot a target in such a small area such as the knees under high stress.

If the victim is armed with a firearm they can still shoot back if they were only shot in a non vital area (arm, knee, leg).

You cannot use tactics you see in movies and on television as real life solutions to real life problems.

As far as the amount of shots fired (6 I believe), pistols are known to be poor at stopping threats. Even when shot in center mass lots of people continue to fight on. Hell, there have been numerous cases where people have been shot in the head by a centerfire pistol round and survived. That is why it is necessary to shoot until the threat is down.

My point is, is that there is a big difference between shooting someone with one round of 00 BUCK, one round of .223/.556 and one round of 9MM.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Saw in another thread there is an article out with the family saying they didn't deserve it.....cry me an ocean. The homeowners didn't deserve it either, and they have to live with the fact that they had to kill 2 people as well. While it may seem like they don't care, I don't know anyone who has had to kill another person and been fine with it after.

These kids knew what they were getting in to and one had been there to rob the house before.

Source

The widow in the home had been burgled twice before, and the news article states that fingerprints from one of the deceased burglars was matched to one of the previous break-ins. They were killed as they terrorized an elderly woman, yet again.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I can vouch for what you stated. Having been involved in combat in several areas of the world, I have seen adversaries continue to advance even after being shot several times with FMJ rounds. I have also seen them stopped in their tracks with the standard issued 12 ga. BB rounds. 00 Buck works even better, as we used them even they were not standard issue (thanks to my Father for sending them to me). In a flight or fight situation the fine motor skills go out the window and even trained personnel have trouble hitting any definitive spot on the anatomy. A sidearm should only be used for protection until you can get your shotgun out with a round already chambered.

When I was wounded the first time, AK47 through the shoulder, I continued to fight and advance for quite a few hours until the pain became overwhelming and I lost consciousness. Any adversary would most likely do the same.

One poster questioned whether Hollow Points are legal. In a word, YES, but not for military in combat.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Last sentence in the article you linked to

“It’s not right to break in and to burglarize people’s homes,” Webb told Fox 40. “But at the same time, a life has been lost.”

Yes, a life of crime and heck knows what else that person would eventually get into.... So when thinking this through it's probably in the best interest of society this played out the way it did.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Appears this is a trend. Maybe the kids breaking in will start getting the hint.....DON'T BREAK IN TO PEOPLE'S HOUSES!!!!!!

California police are investigating a burglary attempt in which the two suspects -- both teenage boys -- were shot dead while trying to enter a home.

Authorities in Sacramento found Steven Crider, 17, and Michael Sambrano, 14, dead early Sunday morning, Fox 40 reports.

Neighbors told the station that the resident of the home is a widowed elderly woman who has been the victim of several burglaries.

Agreed. Criminals who violate the law, and cause people to fear for their life or are forced to protect their property need to expect that the law they break won't protect them from death. If they are going to make stupid choices, they've a real need to understand that they may end up wounded or worse...
Source

I posted another recent story on this as well....and there was another that the homeowner was convicted of murder in recently.

Sorry, but yet again, I have no sorrow for the kids.....moral of the story is yet again, quit breaking in to houses and you'll live longer.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Maybe it was enough to shoot them in their legs..like an other replier suggested... But to make them kneel and shoot them through the back of the head.

That would be murder. There is thread here about the recent trial of a man doing similar and was convicted.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

A 14 year old criminal breaking into your home could easily be a killer.

If that's all you were getting at Flyer, I thought it was clear I don't disagree with
that. That's why I didn't understand your post.
edit on Ram50614v312014u37 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You're right; shoot first, ask questions later.

Murica! [snip] Yea!

Mod note: vulgarity snipped. Do not evade auto-censors.

edit on 6-5-2014 by 0bservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/5/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I also feel I need to ask because I don't recall seeing you post anything about this, but are you a parent?

All you have to do is pay attention.

"Teach and hope"? Lady I have taught my kids and I know they
wouldn't do anything like this ever. If you don't know yours
wouldn't? That's just wrong. I know other peoples kids that
I know wouldn't think of this ever. I know others that would.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It is right to feel compassion for a kid that makes a stupid choice.

But not to the point that we hold someone else accountable for the results of their poor choices.... other than the parents.
edit on bu312014-05-06T11:29:40-05:0011America/ChicagoTue, 06 May 2014 11:29:40 -050011u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Despite compassion parents are responsible for thier kids.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Despite compassion parents are responsible for thier kids.

No argument there.
I edited my previous post to reflect that.
edit on b000000312014-05-06T11:30:04-05:0011America/ChicagoTue, 06 May 2014 11:30:04 -05001100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Was this lady righteous to protect herself. Damn righteous,
it was a righteous shooting.
If the lady suffered a heartattack these kids would up for
murder. and rightly so.

Vasa Croe

What were these two kids doing out at 2:30 in the morning.
What if their parents sent them to rob the ole lady?
What then ? Huh huh huh?
You think there aren't parents that would do such a thing?

edit on Rpm50614v142014u13 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

sorry, to come back to literal concrete language,
the comment about put in pipe.... is a figure of speech.
[snip]

This is quite literally ignorant.

The defense rests.

edit on Ram50614v572014u35 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/5/14 by JustMike because: Personal details edited out. ie, the "[snip]".

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Was this lady righteous to protect herself. Damn righteous,
it was a righteous shooting.
If the lady suffered a heartattack these kids would up for
murder. and rightly so.

Vasa Croe

What were these to kids doing out at 2:30 in the morning.
What if there parents sent them to rob the ole lady?
What then ? Huh huh huh?
You think there aren't parents that would do such a thing?

"What if's" are all you have. What happened is what happened....kids broke in and got shot. Pretty cut and dry. Sure the parents COULD have told them to, but the kids are the ones that DID and paid for it. Plenty of people are victims of "wrong place at the wrong time" but these kids were robbing the wrong house at the wrong time. My question would be why more than once and why when you know someone is going to be home? Sounds more like they weren't there to rob this time....that or they were REALLY stupid on top of being REALLY stupid in the first place.

Any robber knows you go to the house in the daytime when people are away, UNLESS you plan on doing harm to those in the house.

Again....sucks for the kids, but moral is DON'T BREAK IN TO PEOPLE'S HOUSES AND YOU WON'T GET SHOT.

I still don't see why this is not a simple thing for everyone to see.....just baffling to me. Crime = Consequences, and I am not going to wait to make sure the intruder is only after "stuff" before I shoot....
edit on 5/6/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I still don't see why this is not a simple thing for everyone to see.....just baffling to me. Crime = Consequences, and I am not going to wait to make sure the intruder is only after "stuff" before I shoot...

Please, for the love of God! Tell me where I've disagreed with that?
You obviously don't pay attention.

edit on Rpm50614v02201400000031 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sorry if it makes me some kind of liberal bleeding heart softie but I condemn the celebration of the death of these kids. I support self defense but I always think it's sad when somebody dies. Most people might just say "one less scum on Earth" but honestly I feel like thinking that makes you a kind of scum yourself.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: evidenze
Sorry if it makes me some kind of liberal bleeding heart softie but I condemn the celebration of the death of these kids. I support self defense but I always think it's sad when somebody dies. Most people might just say "one less scum on Earth" but honestly I feel like thinking that makes you a kind of scum yourself.

I now see no reason for myself being as nice as I have been.
At least you said it right from the get go.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
a reply to: SixX18

the only bullet permitted to be fired in a war is a fully metal jacketed bullet.
since it is fully metal jacketed it works more like a 1/4 inch drill and will go completely through a human body (unless it hits a bone in transit) and only transfer a small amount of its kinetic energy (foot pounds of energy (1,100- 1,500 ft/lb]]
it will not disintegrate and it will not produce a large amount of hydrostatic shock.

in fact if a solider gets caught with, hollow point, soft point or otherwise adulterated or altered bullets, the enemy can shoot him immediately without a trial or any legal military procedures.

the only ammunition legal to use in a war is FMJ.

Interesting is that the military can use hollow points, soft points or otherwise adulterated or altered bullets, in some cases.
To put down a internal invasion in other words if someone invaded the US the military can use any ammo. This allow the US to call up the milita, IE. The public as a fighting force with civilian weapons(hunting rifles)
They can also use against non national actors. ie terrorist.
they can also be used to protect US property like embassies.
edit on 6-5-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join