It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trending now.....Two teenage boys shot dead in California during burglary attempt

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
maybe you don't understand terminal ballistics of a
.243 round traveling at 3200 feet per second
with a pointed soft point bullet.
imparting 1500 foot pounds of kinetic
energy into the body cavity of the recipient.

a hit anywhere in center mass is pretty much instant death.
especially at the range of fifteen feet or less.
and even out to five hundred yards if they get that far away.

edit on 7-5-2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2014 by spirited75 because: bad spelli8ng

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think this whole thing is sad, its sad that kids seem to think its ok to brake into peoples houses, its sad that so many think it was right to kill them. When does this mess stop,if things dont change soon there will just be killing. The world is very fast becoming a place I dont want to be

(post by spirited75 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sorry, maybe I didn't understand right. You are one of these persons which say that these teenage boys deserve what they got. Which is being shot dead for their breakin someones home..? Okay, tell me. How would you kill them if you found them in your home?

Birdshot, 00, slug, 00, slug, 00, slug.....that is my load, so depending on which one of the shells stops the invasion, take your choice. Matters not if they are facing me or facing away from me.....if you are in my home I am not looking at your age or your gender or your race. I am looking at the fact you don't belong there, were not invited in, and as such you are a threat to my family's well being. I don't ask questions and I don't fire warning shots....I don't have to because you shouldn't be there.
edit on 5/7/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/7/14 by Vasa Croe because: Buck Rogers

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I am really just tired of all the bleeding hearts on the other side of the story complaining about how robbers don't deserve death.

Theft = death? Property is worth more than a life? Only in America.

*shakes head*

Don't rob houses if you don't want to die....simple logic and common sense people.....

That's an extremely sad commentary on American society.

If someone is willing to break into your home, it is more than reasonable to assume that they are willing to hurt you. Are you missing something in terms of the self defense aspect here? It doesn't need to wait until they are lunging at you with a knife or about to pull their trigger. The criminals made a choice when they entered the home. Period.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Not one damn given for the "youth" in question.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Inside the home, #9 shot is lethal.... unless you have a really big home. At the distance of the the average sized room, birdshot basically makes one big hole in a person. personally, I have 00 ready to go in the 12 gauge, but that is just in case the need arises to reach out and touch someone at a greater distance.
I personally knew a guy that took a load of birdshot in the abdomen from a .410 from a distance of about 12 feet. He staggered a few feet and dropped over. He was dead long before the ambulance got there.

edit on bu312014-05-07T08:40:46-05:0008America/ChicagoWed, 07 May 2014 08:40:46 -05008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It isn't theft.

It is home invasion.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Inside the home, #9 shot is lethal.... unless you have a really big home. At the distance of the the average sized room, birdshot basically makes one big hole in a person. personally, I have 00 ready to go in the 12 gauge, but that is just in case the need arises to reach out and touch someone at a greater distance.

LOL...meant birdshot on the first one. Was downloading a ringtone for Buck Rogers when I posted that and must have had it on the brain.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm a Canadian such as yourself, I hold a PAL and own as well. And damn straight you enter my home uninvited. I will gladly have you leave leaking. We here in Canada as well have the rights to protect our home and those in it. You may be a bleeding heart liberal, but I am a hard working Canadian who cares for and protects whats mine, and if put in an moment of instant thought I am gonna put one in the roof and empty the rest in the uninvited.

Then sit down and wait to see what side of the law I fall on, our laws may be different, but they still can see the victim through the trees, and last time I checked, I still have rights and the right to defend my own, and not end up the victim!

But as others have said should you choose to put a sign stating "EASY TARGET" on your window or roof and another that says "PLEASE COME STEAL MY STUFF, YOUR WELCOME!!" then we will all be better off cause then at least they will not have to take there chances being vile human waste terrorizing old women or others cause they will know you are willing to be the victim. Pretty easy no ones harmed and you can do all scum a favor giving away all your stuff instead of them taking chances with all of ours.

SaneThinking

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

you are an inspiration and correct as well.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
teens are just as capable as anyone of inflicting lethal harm .. what's sad is that they had to resort to doing this .. it's not a homeowner's obligation to not kill them .. it's the burglar/home invader's obligation to respect other people's property and security .. I'm sure it's been said multiple times but I'll say it again .. your home is sacred .. you're never supposed to be in fear at home .. someone who messes with that has no regard or respect for you and thus they're potentially capable of the worst and need to be dealt with .. if they get killed, it's entirely their fault
edit on 7-5-2014 by dude77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

lol. you point one index finger at me and the
remaining three back at you and then
tell me to find my humanity.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
a reply to: 3u40r15m
But in 2014,
14 year old thieves can easily be murderers. As I said -
14 Year Old Boy Murders Parents to Get Out of Chores
14 Year Old Girl Charged with Murder
Grandmother Testifies Against 14 Year Old Murdering Grandchild

I don't care about ANY of that trust me I'm aware 14 years old murder, that doesn't make it any more ok for them to be murdered for breaking into a house. You either have no kids, or have not been through much or you would understand why it's sad teens get killed over this kind of thing... How is shooting a teen providing a good example to other teens. "Oh watch out I got a gun" Right... So you're pretty much telling them to not rob your house without a gun. That's real smart.... Get an alarm system before you get a gun idiots

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dude77
teens are just as capable as anyone of inflicting lethal harm .. what's sad is that they had to resort to doing this .. it's not a homeowner's obligation to not kill them .. it's the burglar/home invader's obligation to respect other people's property and security .. I'm sure it's been said multiple times but I'll say it again .. your home is sacred .. you're never supposed to be in fear at home .. someone who messes with that has no regard or respect for you and thus they're potentially capable of the worst and need to be dealt with .. if they get killed, it's entirely their fault

That's the most coward sentence on this thread..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
I think this whole thing is sad, its sad that kids seem to think its ok to brake into peoples houses, its sad that so many think it was right to kill them. When does this mess stop,if things dont change soon there will just be killing. The world is very fast becoming a place I dont want to be

Apparently it's ok to kill a kid for breaking into a house, but these same people complain when police use lethal force.... I see no difference they are both wrong and hellbound worthy.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I am really just tired of all the bleeding hearts on the other side of the story complaining about how robbers don't deserve death.

Theft = death? Property is worth more than a life? Only in America.

*shakes head*

Don't rob houses if you don't want to die....simple logic and common sense people.....

That's an extremely sad commentary on American society.

Yep, because I'm going to assume that whoever it is breaking into my home is JUST going to steal my stuff. Maybe I should show them where I've got some more valuable stuff hidden. Because I didn't earn it myself through hard work throughout the years, and he deserves it more. Or maybe I should just assume someone kicking in my back door DOESN'T want to hurt me, regardless of their show of force.

Funny these Liberal sheep think someone forcing themselves into another person's home means they aren't capable of violence, but the guy in some rural state that likes to plonk with his rifle on his own property is without fail going to snap on go on a shooting spree in his plush high rise apartment complex in some big city hundreds of miles away.....

Edit: Typed on a cell phone
edit on 7-5-2014 by chuck258 because: disclaimer

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join