It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trending now.....Two teenage boys shot dead in California during burglary attempt

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
People who break into others homes should know that they will get the Oscar Pistourius treatment if caught.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Buddy of mine is now serving 10 years for burglary on multipul counts. He is lucky he was not shot. He would break into people houses in the dead of night most of the time through an unlocked back door or window. Would steal purses and laptops and other stuff he could sell real quick. Got caught because he was selling the stuff on CR (which cops watch for stolen goods) Hes not eligible for release untill march 2021. I dont feel bad for him he got what he deserved I just pray he turns his life around. One thing he did tell me though through a letter is he would aviod houses with motion lights or dogs because of fear of alerting ppl. Also just having all your doors and windows locked can be a big deterrent. Plenty of other houses that dont have there doors locked or leave windows open. Just food for thought. But i would shoot anybody who came into my house in the dead of night uninvited. 00 buck shot through my 870 is what i would greet them with.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: spirited75

sorry, to come back to literal concrete language,
the comment about put in pipe.... is a figure of speech.
Francis P. McAnarney
369 west river road
pratt, kansas 67124-7776

This is quite literally ignorant.

The defense rests.

you can call me that if you like, i consider the source.
consider this: you will never show up at my house.
what does that make you?

it is not the parents fault nor is it the parents responsibility
if their child commits a crime like this, break and enter.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: grandmakdw
To be honnest I am a bit shocked to see so many ATS-members ...or people... write that these kids got what they deserved. Maybe it was enough to shoot them in their legs..like an other replier suggested... But to make them kneel and shoot them through the back of the head..if the opportunity was there is a bit heartless and mindless to me.

Huh? Where did this story say they were made to kneel and were shot through the back of the head?

No where,....maybe you prefer to see them in their eyes when you shoot them?

edit on 6/5/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: grandmakdw
To be honnest I am a bit shocked to see so many ATS-members ...or people... write that these kids got what they deserved. Maybe it was enough to shoot them in their legs..like an other replier suggested... But to make them kneel and shoot them through the back of the head..if the opportunity was there is a bit heartless and mindless to me.

Huh? Where did this story say they were made to kneel and were shot through the back of the head?

No where,....maybe you prefer to see them in their eyes when you shoot them?

Again...huh? You were the one that posted that....as if that was what happened.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I'm just glad I don't agree with someone like you.
And the PM you sent me was just weird.
Saying I'm confused and listing some of my statements
that don't even contradict each other? Seek counseling.
edit on Rpm50614v102014u19 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Bad quote/ double post/ sorry.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Gozer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

And that view point leads to more break ins where the person doing it has the intent of harming you. Escalation of force doesn't just apply to cops. Your actions may make you more safe (if you're the one that shoots first) but it makes society as a whole less safe.

So you're saying it's not the home invaders who are really violent, but the intended victims of the home invaders using deadly force to protect themselves against said home invaders, and that if the intended victims of home invaders just stopped shooting at home invaders, then the home invaders would be "kinder, gentler home invaders?"

Twisted. Sorry, not trying to be rude, but that is some seriously convoluted thinking.

I don't own a gun, I don't want to own a gun. Among the reasons is that in a home invasion, I don't want to escalate the situation. By choosing to murder people in order to defend your property you are escalating that situation for all of us.

It's fine for you, I guess, if your home gets invaded by apparently what you think is your friendly neighborhood home invader, and if you want to do your part and take a chance, and try to breed the violence out of your average run of the mill home invader by treating him with far more dignity than he thinks even of himself, that's up to you. I do pity anyone in your care who is innocent and vulnerable, as you plead for your life, begging them to understand that you understand, and that you sympathize with their plight. I'm sure they'll be very receptive to your most graceful attitude. Who knows? Maybe they will be, if it ever happens to you.

Me? I'd rather take 'em out, as is my human right, living in my own place of safety, where strangers, if wanting to talk to me, or ask for something, are expected to at least knock and wait for an answer. If they can't be bothered to introduce themselves before entering my home, then they get whatever introduction the homeowner decides to give them, especially if that homeowner is afraid, full of adrenaline, and sick of being victimized.

These are children who never had proper parental guidance. It's terrible that kids get killed because there parents don't properly instill the proper societal values into their skulls before they reach an age where there's almost no turning back, because they were never taught right/wrong to begin with...

...but please stop blaming society for making home invaders more violent by defending ourselves against them. Home invaders have been violent since the dawn of people living in caves. What a joke of an argument that is, really. Talk about pretzel-logic.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

zatara, you are incorrect in stating that these boys,
17 yo and 14 yo were made to kneel and then
shot in the back of the head.

by being incorrect is a result of one of two possibilities:
1. lying, like one other poster on this thread, or
2. confusing this story with another similar story.

several posters have told you that the facts do not
include kids kneeling and being shot in the back of the head.

so go read the original article, then comment.
unless you are from California, and in that case, never mind,
cause the remainder of the country understands that
your reality in California is different than ours.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

lying, like one other poster on this thread,

Who is this other poster? And if you're going to accuse
back it up. Do you always make such cowardly posts?
Or are you just trolling along?

edit on Rpm50614v36201400000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

you can say that again,
dandyvs

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

These are children who never had proper parental guidance. It's terrible that kids get killed because there parents don't properly instill the proper societal values into their skulls before they reach an age where there's almost no turning back, because they were never taught right/wrong to begin with...

...but please stop blaming society for making home invaders more violent by defending ourselves against them. Home invaders have been violent since the dawn of people living in caves. What a joke of an argument that is, really. Talk about pretzel-logic.

In spite of OVERWHELMING social and family pressure
to conform to society and follow the laws,
some people at about the age of 9 choose to solve their problems illegally.

the overwhelming pressure comes from mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, aunts uncles cousins, older siblings, next door neighbors, teachers, police officers, school principals, firemen, store owners, cub scout leaders, preachers, mailmen, boy scout leaders, coaches, and in spite of this some children at about the age of nine choose to solve their problems illegally.

stop blaming parents.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gozer
So you're saying it's not the home invaders who are really violent, but the intended victims of the home invaders using deadly force to protect themselves against said home invaders, and that if the intended victims of home invaders just stopped shooting at home invaders, then the home invaders would be "kinder, gentler home invaders?"

People are going to invade homes regardless of what type of defense someone has. When people are unarmed they're more likely to go into a situation not being prepared to kill anyone they see. If they know the situation involves someone that's armed the criminal is going to go in prepared to kill you.

Me? I'd rather take 'em out, as is my human right, living in my own place of safety, where strangers, if wanting to talk to me, or ask for something, are expected to at least knock and wait for an answer.

I don't see myself as having the right to kill someone over stuff. If the courts said burglary was worth the death penalty then maybe, but we've defined it as a lesser crime. Why do I have the right to circumvent the courts? Isn't that the same problem we have with the cops these days where they're going around the courts to deliver their own brand of justice? If you want better from society, then it starts with you.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I will say my mom was robbed at her home, I will also note she was murdered. In 1 day it will be 8 months from her murder.
If you don't have a gun, I would take a course then get one. I would also get a shotgun because you won't miss with a shot gun.
I'm sorry if liberals want to protect violent criminal for me they are better off dead because I will never ever see my mother again.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

People are going to invade homes regardless of what type of defense someone has. When people are unarmed they're more likely to go into a situation not being prepared to kill anyone they see. If they know the situation involves someone that's armed the criminal is going to go in prepared to kill you.

I don't see myself as having the right to kill someone over stuff. If the courts said burglary was worth the death penalty then maybe, but we've defined it as a lesser crime. Why do I have the right to circumvent the courts? Isn't that the same problem we have with the cops these days where they're going around the courts to deliver their own brand of justice? If you want better from society, then it starts with you.

a home invasion pierces the membrane which defines an individuals property.
violating that membrane is an aggressive act.

since home invasions usually happen at night,
the homeowner is usually awakened from sleep to strange noises.

they assess the situation quickly and act with the
intention of stopping the criminal activity immediately.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

Glad to hear that the elderly person got a gun and defended their self. If more people would carry this stuff would stop.

No it won't. That reasoning would have dictated that the death penalty would have been a deterrent. Which it's not.

These topics are very depressing because 80% of the people who have participated in these conversations forgot that the stories were about seniors defending themselves. I'm all for that. But for grown men to compare themselves to little old ladies is pathetic.

Think I'll head on over to the U.F.O. files where things are more realistic.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX
Old people aren't the only ones with the right to protect their homes with deadly force, no questions asked. I am nice, I got a big sign letting any moron thinking of breaking in exactly what will happen if they do on the property line. If they ignore my sign and come anyway, well they are going to die.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No it won't. That reasoning would have dictated that the death penalty would have been a deterrent. Which it's not.

the death penalty does deter and prevent crime.

These topics are very depressing because 80% of the people who have participated in these conversations forgot that the stories were about seniors defending themselves. I'm all for that. But for grown men to compare themselves to little old ladies is pathetic.

Think I'll head on over to the U.F.O. files where things are more realistic.

i you r reality i am sure the ufo forum probably does make more sense.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

deterrence does work. the death penalty quickly applied,
either as a result of years long legal proceedings or
within seconds at the end of a gun by a homeowner
did in fact stop the dead criminal from doing any more crimes.

do you think that Gacy or Dahmer would have stopped on their own?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

in fact to be honest, the death penalty has saved a lot of peoples lives.

the death penalty worked on me and my behavior.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join