It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End to " It Takes Faith to be an Athiest too!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Even in the bible after Jesus comes back, you still have the tribulations to convert. It doesn't say that those who don't believe before the rapture go to hell. It says after the rapture you still have a chance to convert.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Yea, but my premiss is a hypothetical where somehow your able you verify the guy who shows up is the real son of god.

Like if a blonde haired blue guy showed up walking on water an manifesting all the wine and fish we could want.

And like I said, it could turn out to be the Jesus of the Bible in the blood and flesh, as real as my hands are to me right now. I still would not worship him, because I myself would never dream of asking that anyone worship me. And chances are, anyone asking for worship is not someone I would get along with. There is no room for worship when everyone is equal.
edit on 28-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

It's the Big Bang theory. If it had been confirmed, it would no longer be a theory. For you to believe that a theory is the true answer means that you have FAITH in that theory being correct.

Now is the time to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. When He returns there will not be enough time to change your mind. He said that when He returns, it will be as lightning flashing from the east to the west. We are also told that those who are alive and had never accepted Him as their Savior will be killed by the brightness of His coming.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jeramie

Instead of dismissing it outright, why not describe what you think is wrong with the Big Bang. While you're at it I'd also like to know what you disagree with regarding gravity because it too is a theory. In science, "theory" is not what you seem to think it means which comes across as if you're equating it with Fred and Velma's hunches on Scooby Doo.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.

When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jeramie

We are also told that those who are alive and had never accepted Him as their Savior will be killed by the brightness of His coming.

Sounds very much like the embodiment of love and mercy.

/sarcasm

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Wait a minute, I'm not using scripture to justify anything, Yet. I am simply asking questions and going with the flow, I am using examples to make sure I am on the same wavelength as everyone else. But seriously, if I am forgiven for everything I do regardless of whether it is condemned or not in the bible then to me there would be no such thing as Sin in the first place.

So is there such thing as "Sin" or was it written in the Bible for the hell of it? If everyone is forgiven, then hell is a myth also. What is being suggested here is actually contrary to what the bible teaches and to me it seems like a free pass card to get away with anything you want knowing at the same time you are wrong before you commit the act and are going to be forgiven regardless of how bad the act is.

It actually seems stupid if that's the way it is meant to be.

edit on 28-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Serious cognitive disconnect to state that what I'm suggesting/stating is contrary to the bible when I quoted the actual scripture from Mathew. If you don't like the way it works talk to a priest Chaplin or pastor about it. I simply don't care one way or the other what anyone believes until they force it on myself or my children. You guys have your own tax free clubhouses to smack talk nonbelievers so whatever you guys do behind closed doors is your business.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

So what about this part of the New Testament? Can you interpret what this means?

If you really fulfil the royal law according to the scriptures, "You shall love your neighbour as yourself," you do well; But if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, is guilty of all. For he who said "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

So where's the law? it isn't a part of Matthew, it is the entire New Testament and it gives you a very good description of what to do and what not to do and the punishment that also follows those acts. Everyone is equal and has free will but that doesn't mean everyone will be judged the same and this includes the very pastors and priests you think I should take this up with. They themselves are Idolaters (Crucifixes, Images in windows, etc)... Why would I take these things up with those people if that's the case? I never set foot in a church, I didn't get married in a church, I actually despise the entire religious system in the West. At best its an insult to the Bible.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Even in the bible after Jesus comes back, you still have the tribulations to convert. It doesn't say that those who don't believe before the rapture go to hell. It says after the rapture you still have a chance to convert.

Christ comes back twice in the end. The first time, he only comes with a shout in the clouds. He doesn't actually come back to earth. Some say the believers will see Him that day. If you believe in the Rapture, that is when the faithful will be lifted out of the time of the Tribulation.

After that comes the seven year Tribulation, and you do indeed have the chance to repent during this time, but it will be extremely difficult. Many will die for their faith because the faithful will be actively hunted and persecuted. And it's entirely possible that you will have to find faith without that steady feeling the faithful enjoy now because the Holy Spirit must be removed for the Beast to rule.

But by all means, wait for the Rapture which may not happen and try to find faith in world that will kill you for it. It will surely be easier and better than coming to terms with faith now.

And if you do wait until Christ comes that final time? I wouldn't hold my breath that you can repent then. He comes then make an end of it. All the world will have made their choice by then. You can't still be sitting on the fence at that point, even though all will acknowledge Him as the Son of God.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

As an athiest who loves debateing religion a lot of times I get the " Well atheism takes faith too argument.

Well I may have thought of the "trump card" to it.

See atheism is different because if Jesus shows up on the White House lawn to marrow...... I'm converting... Instantly. As is every other atheist on the planet.

However once the Big Bang was discovered and confirmed. Christians didn't throw out there creation story. That's the difference. Once you figure out something is wrong. You throw it out and come up with a better way.

Any other atheists converting? Lmao

But then you miss the entire point of faith, and by the way... when Jesus does show up, and He most certainly will, you will indeed have a chance to be saved afterwards. The entire world will be witness to the rapture, contrary to what the delusion Dispensationalist "secret rapture" people will tell you, which will certainly change a lot of hearts and minds, unless of course you take the mark of the beast, then you're screwed. Here's a tip, when you see a guy who claims to be God in Jerusalem, telling the world to take his mark in order to buy or sell stuff.... DON'T TAKE IT!!! Anyway, why go through all of that, when all you have to do now is humble yourself and believe. Atheism is in and of itself it's own religion, I mean, there are now Atheist churches being built... whatever that is. Evolution is a religion... man made global warming is a religion... so instead of worshiping the creation, try worshiping the Creator, because contrary to popular opinion... we all worship something.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wow. So inspiring. To think that someone could hold literally all of the power in the universe in the palm of their hand and still choose to let 90% of their children burn in hell, knowing that they could just as easily have written it the other way around...I mean, seriously, how hard is it to write a happy ending like Lion King 2? You don't have to destroy everything you disagree with. That's what we call tyranny.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

If a flying purple monkey proves beyond a shodow of a doubt that he's the one true god, then he'll yea I'm in. That's the premiss of the OP. That since we all would convert ( one atheists assumption) that means it's not faith that makes us atheists. It's our logical assessment of the state of reality.

While faith is believing in something with either no evidence or with evidence against it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Are you destroying everything you disagree with or everything that chooses to disagree with you?

Why should God save those who have turned their backs on Him? Do you think they'd thank Him for it? You seem to be an atheist, so why should a God you don't believe in and waste no time speaking against save you?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

a reply to: captaintyinknots

If a flying purple monkey proves beyond a shodow of a doubt that he's the one true god, then he'll yea I'm in. That's the premiss of the OP. That since we all would convert ( one atheists assumption) that means it's not faith that makes us atheists. It's our logical assessment of the state of reality.

While faith is believing in something with either no evidence or with evidence against it.

Why? Why would you sell your soul to any god, true or not?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Sell my soul?

I simply have faith.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It's meant as a warning to the reader that favoritism contradicts faith. Specifically regarding how Christians treat others. It completely supports my often repeated statements regarding my feelings that most Christians are not actually following the tenets of their faith with their frequent pronouncement s of judgement against anyone wh doesn't follow their way which sadly is all to often the way of hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

It's meant as a warning to the reader that favoritism contradicts faith. Specifically regarding how Christians treat others. It completely supports my often repeated statements regarding my feelings that most Christians are not actually following the tenets of their faith with their frequent pronouncement s of judgement against anyone wh doesn't follow their way which sadly is all to often the way of hypocrisy.

I don't say for sure who is and isn't going to Hell. I do know that salvation is through faith first and works only after. But as to who has true faith, only God, Himself, knows.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Are you destroying everything you disagree with or everything that chooses to disagree with you?

Why should God save those who have turned their backs on Him? Do you think they'd thank Him for it? You seem to be an atheist, so why should a God you don't believe in and waste no time speaking against save you?

He's God, right? Then he's unstoppable. Unbeatable. Lack of options should never, ever be a problem for him. The solution is as easy as winking an eye. Boom, the universe shifts trillions of light years to do his bidding. With that in mind, are you seriously telling me there's no way he could convince a few million people that he is the best thing that will ever happen to them? For someone who literally cannot lose, and has no intention of doing so, that's pretty funny. I mean, nothing is impossible for him. But intervening in person to save millions of souls is just too much. That's really funny. Like watching your baby crawl out onto the train tracks.

edit on 28-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

From my point of view I think this is a parable about those that measure up and are karma free. Not about those that are still being evaluated.
edit on 28-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Maybe their god fell victim to the laws of entropy and ran out of steam. At first he was like all powerfully on this day I will make the stars on another the animals just with pretty much a snap of the fingers but then he gets to man and needs to use clay for a woman he needs to snatch a rib from man"ouch" and so forth. Later on the best he can do is part some water or burn a bush. Now he doesn't even have enough left in him to send out an IM saying "yo I am god and I'm real".

Poor god fell victim to the laws of the universe he created.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join