It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Rand Paul Endorses Sen. Susan Collins, Despite A Record of Big Spending and Gov. Spying

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: seeker1963

I dont have much money but my bet is on Hillary Vs jeb.

Oh and for confidence, americans are too divided to really vote for a change in power.

In other words,
Alien vs Predator

or

What happens when 2 politicians go full retard.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

What's the reason he is playing the game though?

To confuse his fellow politicians OR to confuse the voters!

We could all mosey over to his upcoming Beer, Bourbon and BBQ party in July and ask him. I'm sure they'd let us in right?

Beer, Bourbon, & BBQ for Rand Paul

Gonna take me awhile to look all those names up!

Sooooooo many parasites in the world today, how does the CDC keep up with em?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I dont have much money but my bet is on Hillary Vs jeb.

Oh and for confidence, americans are too divided to really vote for a change in power.

In other words,
Alien vs Predator

or

What happens when 2 politicians go full retard.

That's TWICE today you made me laugh out loud!!!!

I think the first one was that "racist pic" you posted!

Anyhow, THANKS!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Im just wondering why the voting record reflected in OP's Post only mentions up to 2011.

Is it possible that She is not quite as happy with her Voting record as well and has now "seen the Light" as they say?? I didn't look more into it but it is a little suspect that 2012, 2013, and 2014 is omitted.

There are plenty of Congressman and some in the Senate who actually would not vote the way they did on these issues knowing now how far the Government went with there Power. We can thank Snowden for that.

I guess any way we can bash Rand Paul the better to continue this slippery slope we are on right now.

Just a thought on this matter that People in general at one time or another DID believe in there Government and most here on this Web Site also did as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beezer you guys should start politicians gone wild , you could make a big bucks

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoochymama23
Im just wondering why the voting record reflected in OP's Post only mentions up to 2011.

Is it possible that She is not quite as happy with her Voting record as well and has now "seen the Light" as they say?? I didn't look more into it but it is a little suspect that 2012, 2013, and 2014 is omitted.

There are plenty of Congressman and some in the Senate who actually would not vote the way they did on these issues knowing now how far the Government went with there Power. We can thank Snowden for that.

I guess any way we can bash Rand Paul the better to continue this slippery slope we are on right now.

Just a thought on this matter that People in general at one time or another DID believe in there Government and most here on this Web Site also did as well.

You do bring up some good points!

However, I will counter them with two words! "The Constitution". Politicians take an oath to uphold it when they our sworn in! Regardless of what year they voted this way or that way..............they BROKE their OATH!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoochymama23

There is nothing wrong in a people of a TRUE REPUBLIC believing in their government!

However, our government has pretty much become so corrupted that it has become the "PIMP" and the people it supposedly represents are being used like "Prostitutes"!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Bills she sponsored
Bills she cosponsored

Oh and on the topic, I was a supporter for Rand Paul in the beginning. He has been such a disappointment, I regret ever helping out his campaign.
edit on Sat, 26 Apr 2014 19:08:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Bills she sponsored
Bills she cosponsored

Oh and on the topic, I was a supporter for Rand Paul in the beginning. He has been such a disappointment, I regret ever helping out his campaign.

At least your honest!

Whether it means anything to you or not, I respect anyone whom has the courage to admit they made a mistake!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Rand Paul is playing politics because he wants to get elected President in 2 years. Anyone who thinks he is doing so without his father's blessing is being incredibly naive. They have worked together with a long range plan for some time.

No one who chooses to be part of the process is completely clean. Certainly no one who aspires to the Presidency. While the idealism of many is in some ways refreshing, it is also misplaced, in my opinion. Rand Paul is not running to make a point. He is running to win. I believe his heart is in a better place than 99% of pols, but he is going to tick off a lot of true believers if he is to have any shot at victory.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: notquitesure

So we are to believe it's all an act, and if he gets elected he is just gonna pull a 180? That is putting a lot of faith into the guy, where is it coming from?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquitesure
Rand Paul is playing politics because he wants to get elected President in 2 years. Anyone who thinks he is doing so without his father's blessing is being incredibly naive. They have worked together with a long range plan for some time.

No one who chooses to be part of the process is completely clean. Certainly no one who aspires to the Presidency. While the idealism of many is in some ways refreshing, it is also misplaced, in my opinion. Rand Paul is not running to make a point. He is running to win. I believe his heart is in a better place than 99% of pols, but he is going to tick off a lot of true believers if he is to have any shot at victory.

Everyone whom voted for Obama thought his heart was in a better place too!!!!

How's that working out so far?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
All of politics is an act. Politicians act a certain way in order to get elected. Rand wants to get elected.

I have friends who have known Rand for years - known his politics for years. So I believe that on some level he is sincere, based on personal experience.

Personally, I have little to no faith in our current political system. However well intentioned, I have my doubts about how much good Rand Paul or anyone else could do.

If challenged, I would say that I would rather have him in than anyone else, if for no other reason than for the pure theater. I believe he is different enough from the status quo that it would be fun to see how various factions scramble.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There's a common sense litmus test you can apply to any politician. Ask yourself what he really believes in and then analyze why you've drawn that conclusion.

Rand Paul is a fine politician. I think he's doing well as a senator. I also think he should face a term limit ... even if it's self-imposed.

I know so little about him that I could not cast a vote in his favor during a presidential run ... lesser evil notwithstanding.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Rand might be able to play the game better than his father. Ron NEVER would play the game which speaks to his Character.

Maybe, based on his Father's failed bid, Rand knows he needs to play the game. Than, when he actually makes it he can do the exact thing that Obama did.

Obama and Clinton did the same thing. Does that make it right?? No.

If Rand becomes POTUS can he make Ron his VP?? Now, that would be EPIC. A Coup that has never been done in our History.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Looks like Ron Paul has shot himself in the foot on this one.

Enjoy the rigged voting system where both sides are in bed togeather because I have already picked the winner

A winner everyone was saying not long ago was not even going to be running

I won't give you her name but will let you work that one out for yourself

Kerry will throw his hat into the ring to make it look like we have elections but it's all an illusion to fool the public

edit on 27-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
I'm still hoping he's just doing what he has to do to "get in", infiltrate the system, and once inside - perhaps as President - the healing can begin. Only time will tell...

I am disappointed in many facets of the man but, still can't put him in the recycle bin if for no other reason than that he is among the few "popular" figures and that appears to be a critical feature so, maybe you're right.

I had an argument with a friend about whether a sitting president should be a good or a bad liar. I, the cynic, maintained that a bad liar is preferable whereas he, the idealist, sang the praises of the forked tongue.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
I'm still hoping he's just doing what he has to do to "get in"

I think your statement is accurate when left there.

Rand Paul is ambitious. He will be TP or Right or Left or whatever he needs to be...he just loves the spotlight and power.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
He is a Republican after all. It doesn't matter whether you vote for a Democrat or Republican, if you vote for either party, you're voting for the same thing - stagnation. Neither of these parties offer solutions for the future, they just dwell on the policies and principles of the past, oh, and money. Regardless, Jeb Bush will be the next president.
edit on 29-4-2014 by phantomlord because: commas

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join