It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Rand Paul Endorses Sen. Susan Collins, Despite A Record of Big Spending and Gov. Spying

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

She voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act’s roving wiretaps in February of 2011.
Voted NO on requiring a FISA court warrant to monitor US-to-foreign calls. (Feb 2008)
Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)
Voted NO on preserving habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees. (Sep 2006)
Voted NO on requiring CIA reports on detainees & interrogation methods. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act’s wiretap provision. (Dec 2005)

Sen. Paul told the crowd in Bangor that he doesn’t “see division here (in Maine), I see unity. I smell victory.”

Source

Kudos to Benn Swan for breaking this story!

Shame on you Mr. Paul for pretending you are against BIG Government and yet endorsing someone whom has a voting history such as Susan Collins!

I guess I should thank you by proving what I have always said, "The Two party system is nothing more than Two headed one party monster!".

Sorry to burst the bubbles of those of you whom have been putting your faith in Rand Paul as the next President, but this endorsement is hard to defend!
edit on 26-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Shame on you Mr. Paul for pretending you are against BIG Government

Yeah, totally agree. Rand Paul is just one of the "new faces" being prepped by the GOP for the upcoming phoney two-party election in 2016. Either that or he's being played as someone who will divide republican'ts and help the demoncrats to hold some power.

He's made some correct calls and some seriously messed up ones (as evidenced by your post. )

edit on 905pm2121pm32014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Agreed!

I never hated him, but I can honestly say I never trusted him!

I really do appreciate Ben Swann though for his non biased reporting!

He calls it as he sees it, as I try to do! (although he is much more successful at it than I am! But then again, he most likely isn't partaking of his favorite beverage (alcohol) as I am! Does it show?).

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

He threw his own father under the bus, so I can't say I'm surprised. He seems to lack the commitment to his self avowed principles that his father possessed. Career politician and not the voice of liberty some have built him up to be.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

He threw his own father under the bus, so I can't say I'm surprised. He seems to lack the commitment to his self avowed principles that his father possessed. Career politician and not the voice of liberty some have built him up to be.

Your right!

This is one case where the apple got caught in a mini twister and fell quite away from the tree?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm still hoping he's just doing what he has to do to "get in", infiltrate the system, and once inside - perhaps as President - the healing can begin. Only time will tell...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I really had high hopes for Rand, but this, this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
I'm still hoping he's just doing what he has to do to "get in", infiltrate the system, and once inside - perhaps as President - the healing can begin. Only time will tell...

You possibly could be right...............

But did you ever consider the opposite?

You have to admit, the political system and it's psychological design is in the favor of those in power!

All they do is manipulate us to THINK we have a choice!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why are you guys disapointed, you guys are going to vote for jeb bush

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Why are you guys disapointed, you guys are going to vote for jeb bush

Really?

How much money ya got and how confident are you?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Rand lost me when he said drones weren't all bad.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I had such high hopes that he would continue his father's legacy,

but it seems he has just cashed in on his father's name, unless he really is an "infiltrator" for the people . . . . . But I doubt it.

Sad really.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I hear you Beez!

I have just seen so many of my fellow ATS members whom are putting so much hope into Rand for 2016, that when I got the email this afternoon, I had to put it out there!

We are being played!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Rand knew how to use his Father as a stepping stone on his path to playing with the big boys. He's starting to butter both sides of his bread now.

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

If whats Ben saying is true, this woman is trash.

I'd also like to see how Rand voted on those same issues:

While Rand Paul was vocally against the internet sales tax of 2013, Collins voted for it.

I know that a lot of REAL Libertarians (not the Democrats pretending to be Libertarian in hopes of splitting the Republican vote) are disappointed with Rand.

I'm still of the opinion that he is smarter than his father in that he knows how to play politics, something he HAS to do if hes to get anywhere near the White House (and most of you guys know this).

Endorsing key politicians is a part of that.

For example, it looks like he will back McConnell, whos a complete turd but is considered to be the 4th most senior Republican.

edit on 26-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Perhaps he's considering her as a running mate. Or, at least putting the idea of that potential out there.

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

If whats Ben saying is true, this woman is trash.

I'd also like to see how Rand voted on those same issues:

While Rand Paul was vocally against the internet sales tax of 2013, Collins voted for it.

I know that a lot of REAL Libertarians (not the Democrats pretending to be Libertarian in hopes of splitting the Republican vote) are disappointed with Rand.

I'm still of the opinion that he is smarter than his father in that he knows how to play politics, something he HAS to do if hes to get anywhere near the White House (and most of you guys know this).

Endorsing key politicians is a part of that.

For example, it looks like he will back McConnell, whos a complete turd but is considered to be the 4th most senior Republican.

What's the reason he is playing the game though?

To confuse his fellow politicians OR to confuse the voters!

Sad to say, but that is just how bad and out of control our government has become.....

Even if he is for us little folk, what can he do when the rest are bought and paid for?

Time to clean house! ALL OF EM GOTTA GO!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I dont have much money but my bet is on Hillary Vs jeb.

Oh and for confidence, americans are too divided to really vote for a change in power.
edit on 26-4-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

What's the reason he is playing the game though?

To confuse his fellow politicians OR to confuse the voters!

We could all mosey over to his upcoming Beer, Bourbon and BBQ party in July and ask him. I'm sure they'd let us in right?

Beer, Bourbon, & BBQ for Rand Paul

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I dont have much money but my bet is on Hillary Vs jeb.

I don't have much money either, but I believe your prediction to be true!

What better way to end the United States of America than by giving people the "selection" of two globalists?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join