It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX EXPOSED: Full Clip of Bundy’s Non-Racist, Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Remarks Vs.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: stoop5

It's relevant because I picked issues that both political sides would think was crazy for them to back.

Your the one who brought up their opinion , what you considered to be relevant. I just pointed out that there opinion isn't at all infallible or what we all should be striving for. They were just men whose actions lead to the founding of a country. Not the end all be all of American ideology.

Oh and I will keep reading those books. You just keep reading that one :p

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01
What you think you know about slavery is likely biased and from abolitionist sources. Uncle Tom’s Cabin was not an accurate account of the average slaves life. Now I am not in any way justifying slavery, I am just telling you that the situation was not as cut and dry as you think.

OK, will all Black ATS members who wish to support any statement that starts : "I don't justify slavery but..." please jump in any time.

Cue the crickets.
edit on 25-4-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Every wonder why you didn't see this as racism because you share his ideas?

I'm black. I've seen those areas of North Vegas, and he's spot on. How about you? What do you bring to the table besides your conditioned mind?
edit on 25-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

OK, will all Black ATS members who wish to support any statement that starts : "I don't justify slavery but..." please jump in any time.

lol I think there is like 3 black people on ATS, that's just my guess of course.

I guess non black people have to speak up!

edit: Ooops time to go home! Happy Weekend!
edit on 4/25/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

Go see what i corrected lol.

i corrected "those people" to "Black People".. clearly only race that gets welfare is black people.

Anyway im out for now!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Wow didnt take long for someone to completely go off the cliff.
I really dont care what Black ATS members think about it and I was not asking for any ones opinion on that particular statement. I was stating a fact that slavery in the US was not typified by the portrayal in Uncle Tom’s cabin. Several people here are throwing around statements that indicate that they have a false sense of what slavery consisted of. You completely miss-characterized the statement of fact that I made as some attempt to justify slavery……..just like I knew some a**hat would do.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

Slavery is cut and dry.....

Now every slave owner wasn't the same. Some did treat there property like family, but then again a lot if us treat our dogs like family but I digress, slavery as an institution was always horrible and full of horrors. Even when it wasn't done by racial means you were just born a slave.

Having fair and decent slave owners ( some were born to owning slaves they never chose it) isn't a defense for slavery.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

It's relevant because I picked issues that both political sides would think was crazy for them to back.

Your the one who brought up their opinion , what you considered to be relevant. I just pointed out that there opinion isn't at all infallible or what we all should be striving for. They were just men whose actions lead to the founding of a country. Not the end all be all of American ideology.

Oh and I will keep reading those books. You just keep reading that one :p

Good to know. Yes I stated that the Founding fathers would be mad that the very government they helped create is becoming the very thing they fought against. Now that I go back you threw it in there with the completely unrelated statement of "slave ownersip" & "Lincoln was against christmas!" Randomness.
Make sure there's writing in those books you read and not just pictures for your imagination to interpret smiles ; )
edit on 25-4-2014 by stoop5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here's a quote from the site with the video:

Watch Bundy explain how we need to keep things from going backwards for blacks, and how the Federal government has created a neo-slave class via entitlement dependency that is so bad it is arguably worse than plantation slavery was. It is 100% clear that Cliven Bundy is not saying that blacks should be slaves picking cotton, but that the Federal government has created conditions for them so terrible, that their current situation may actually be worse. (If you are person of low intelligence, the fact that that is his point might be too hard for you to understand.) And he’s not blaming blacks for the issues of abortions, and crime and broken families, he’s blaming the Feds. This is the exact opposite of a racist, this is an advocate for the welfare and best interests of blacks. And just as importantly, you’ll at the end of the video he gives passionate praise and defense of hispanic illegal aliens, lauding them for “better family structures than most white peoples’” Racist? Why is he praising Mexicans as better than whites, if he’s some sort of white supremacist racist?. Take a hike all you lying, character-assassinating ##%$&@

Seem pretty accurate.

Seriously people, listen to the entire video and clear the wax out of your ears or we're never going to get beyond this and the MSM will win again...
edit on 25-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I never said it was a defense of slavery, You have consistently demonstrated a lack of reading comprehension in this thread. I in point of fact specifically stated that it was not a defense of slavery, to which I was attacked by Johnny Canuck.
So in your mind anyone can say whatever they want to about “slavery” and because slavery was horrible no one can question what they have presented as fact?
You’re a racist!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yea and I pointed out that there opinion isn't the be all end all of any thing.... Soo...

Now back to reading my books. You should try it. There's a whole world at your finger tips.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

lol I think there is like 3 black people on ATS, that's just my guess of course.

I guess non black people have to speak up!

edit: Ooops time to go home! Happy Weekend!

Wow, discriminate much? Racist jerk, that's offensive man. That was Uncalled for man.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Seeing how Bundy went back on tv and repeated the same comments he won't be suing anyone soon.

Nevada Rancher Cliven Bundy Doesn't Apologize, Repeats Racist Remarks

How can someone say this man is an advocate of blacks by saying their lives would be better had they learned to pick cotton.

Personally, I don't think he literally means they were happier as slaves. I don't think he's being a racist. He means they should have some way to support themselves other than handouts and their lives would be more fulfilled. I understand it, because while I may not be black, I am of another class of people who find it very difficult to be employed, and it is pretty disheartening to not be able to live a normal life like you see most people doing.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

So you think the majority of slaves were treated well???

And the exception to the rule is the horror stories we hear.

Dude I'm from the south. I know that the civil war was over taxes not slavery. I know the emancipation proclamation was a military strategy.

But there's no way I believe that on average slaves were treated well. That's crazy. I'm sure there are examples of owners treating there slaves well, but I'm betting that's the exception.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

edit on 25-4-2014 by stoop5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Yea and I pointed out that there opinion isn't the be all end all of any thing.... Soo...

Now back to reading my books. You should try it. There's a whole world at your finger tips.

Wow you must want to rewrite the entire constitution then. Their opinions are hogwash to you anyway. It's cool let's just rewrite a something has been the defining our nation since it's conception. At least the parts that we don't like. Sounds good right? Let's just take out the whole thing about "being free" thing right. You live in the past, perhaps slavery is something your quite fond of. And no the Internet isn't a book sweetie. I FYI the book thing isn't getting old at all. (Hopefully you can sense sarcasm).

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Visitor2012
a reply to: Monger

He said that the negro were better off as slaves, when they had chickens and gardens.. but what he meant to say was - uhhh. What was it that he meant to say again?

'Uhhhhh....' Just what I thought, your brain shut down. I paraphrased his speech to help people, like you, who suffer from low comprehension skills.

To demonstrate, did he SAY that blacks were better off as slaves or did he ASK that? BIG difference. You should learn to listen better. Humanity needs people who can listen and understand, not fools who spontaneously react to trigger words.

Maybe you should drop the belligerent banter, Mr. Comprehension?

When somebody asks a question to make a point, it's called a rhetorical question. See above.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Dragoon01
What you think you know about slavery is likely biased and from abolitionist sources. Uncle Tom’s Cabin was not an accurate account of the average slaves life. Now I am not in any way justifying slavery, I am just telling you that the situation was not as cut and dry as you think.

Cue the crickets.

Slaves and slave owners come in all colors and races. Black people owned slaves as well.

"I don't justify slavery but... I just bought slaves so that mean slave owners wouldn't buy them and beat/rape them."

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Has the invite to Bundy's Friday afternoon shindig already been posted?

Thursday, April 24, 2014

PARTY!!!!
WE ARE HAVING ANOTHER PARTY AT THE BUNDY RANCH
FRIDAY ALL AFTERNOON
BRING THE FAMILY
COME PLAY IN THE RIVER
BBQ
ENTERTAINMENT

SPECIAL INVATATION TO THE;
HISPANIC AND BLACK COMMUNITY
Posted by Bundy Ranch at 5:40 PM

Bundy Ranch blog

See, he can't possibly be racist...

I guess during his past few weeks in the media limelight he has learned that sometimes you have to do damage control.
edit on 4/25/2014 by Olivine because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I just had an epiphany. Really bundy's a country old man who got all hyped up and told those right wing idiots around him exactly what he thought they wanted to hear...

Mainly due to the mainstream steriotypes we all help perpetrate.

There's some truth for your @$$ mr. Postman.
edit on 25-4-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join