It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX EXPOSED: Full Clip of Bundy’s Non-Racist, Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Remarks Vs.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

My opinion all along is bundy's an uneducated hick who fell for all the right wing garbage bs talking points. That doesn't mean that the rightwing talking points aren't racist... Hence what he said was racist.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

…” and so what I’ve testified to ya’, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them.

We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

Let me tell.. talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro.

When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas; and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids…. and there was always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for the kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for the young girls to do.

And because they were basically on government subsidy – so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

You know they didn’t get more freedom, uh they got less freedom – they got less family life, and their happiness -you could see it in their faces- they were not happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk. Down there they was probably growing their turnips – so that’s all government, that’s not freedom.

Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people – and I’ve worked side-by-side a lot of them.

Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people.

And we need to have those people join us and be with us…. not, not come to our party.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stoop5

Our founding fathers would also be furious that Christmas is a federal holiday and slavery was outlawed....

Great logic....

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

To even ask the question suggests that there is some possibility that this is the case. That is obvious from the context of why he brought it up.

The question suggests that he's not sure if they're better off now compared to then.

Do all the rhetorical gymnastics you want, but a racist is still a racist, and you're defending one. GOOD JOB!

Curious, name one single instance of him being racists towards blacks and Mexicans. Show me the quote in FULL context. My hope is that in your search for the quote, you'll have some revelations of understanding. Not likely, but I can hope can't i?
edit on 25-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

My opinion all along is bundy's an uneducated hick..

... what he said was racist.

Do you honestly expect me to take you seriously?

edit on 25-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive

originally posted by: Visitor2012
a reply to: Monger

He said that the negro were better off as slaves, when they had chickens and gardens.. but what he meant to say was - uhhh. What was it that he meant to say again?

'Uhhhhh....' Just what I thought, your brain shut down. I paraphrased his speech to help people, like you, who suffer from low comprehension skills.

To demonstrate, did he SAY that blacks were better off as slaves or did he ASK that? BIG difference. You should learn to listen better. Humanity needs people who can listen and understand, not fools who spontaneously react to trigger words.

To even ask the question suggests that there is some possibility that this is the case. That is obvious from the context of why he brought it up. Do all the rhetorical gymnastics you want, but a racist is still a racist, and you're defending one. GOOD JOB!

Why is slavery still an issue!? It's a scapegoat. We all know you're smart, you should know and hopefully understand that SLAVER IS NEVER RETURNING TO THIS NATION. Bundy has never owned slaves and if you have evidence he did, I would graciously accept this so called fact. And you should look at what the administration did in the 90's to the African American population. If you actually do research then you can see the admin. kept African Americans down, giving them no chance of advancement... hmm who was in charge? Liberal Leader nuts (sounds like a cereal) who thought they knew what was better for a poppulation than the population itself. Hmm... history such when you can't censor history awww, sad face : (

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE
Hahaha April 1st was a while ago bub.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

See I'm not saying bundy wants slavery back. I'm not saying he thinks other races are inferior.

But obviously his statements concerning blacks are not reality. Whenever you spread untrue stereo types about a "race" ( really African Americans are a mix of Indians, Europeans and Africans) of people that's what we call racism. Just like someone saying whites sure arnt worth a damn without slaves to do there work for them. That would also be a racist statement. Telling a racist joke doesn't make you a racist, but that doesn't change the fact the joke is racist.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I've pondered this issue quite a bit over last few days. I was going to stay out of this debate, but have chosen to speak my mind.

All I can honestly say is. And, this is coming from a 63 year old woman, born and raised in the South.

Bundy is an old man, born and raised in the country. He was born and raised through a time period of much change, unlike many posting here. He has lived through times, many can only debate about here.

He speaks with the mind of an older man, with simple words, born of, I think, much deep thought. But, he can only use the words he was raised with to express those thoughts. Many will view his heart felt comments as racist based on todays values. Many will not, and will see a simple man using what he has to express himself.

I personally don't see his comments as racist. Though, I can see how many do. I hope that makes sense to some of you.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The founding fathers kept slaves and even Abe Lincon voted against making Christmas a federal holiday.

In right wing world every day is April fools! :p

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

The founding fathers kept slaves and even Abe Lincon voted against making Christmas a federal holiday.

Then build your time machine and go back and do something about it. Stop blaming a political party for all that ails you.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Hilarious.

A star for your spectacular mental gymnastics.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I agree with you. I think he ment negro in the same way we say African American. That doesn't make what he said less racist. Doesn't mean he's racist... Just brain washed by Sean hannity. It doesn't validate or invalidate his conflict with the gov.

But that doesn't make his STATEMENT any less racist.

I really have a problem with the hoax part tho. There was no hoax. He said what he said. This kinda disinformation is unexcusable... Especially from someone who uses anon as a handle...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm just saying pretending like the founding fathers opinions were perfect or absolute is crazy and inaccurate.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Sure man absolutely you're so right man. Keep reading those books man its making you real intelligent. And ooooo yeah how long ago was that? 1700-1890. That's long ago and soooo many need to quit living in the past. And how is Christmas even remotely related to this? But there's the argumentative mind, complain about anything to prove your point, A-N-Y thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'm just saying pretending like the founding fathers opinions were perfect or absolute is crazy and inaccurate.

Yes but as far as the government getting too strong to the point where they can take what they want and only answer to those they want. Other words their views on protection from the government is spot on. Not sure how slave ownership came to fruition.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You know it's kind of amusing. So many of you scoff and act as if something unseemly never left your lips, so above being misunderstood. What he said was idiotic because he is on the front page news, he should have realized that everything he says is going to be front page news. Had they played the full clip he might not have gotten as much flack, though many people would still condemn it.

How about each and every one of you who are so ready to jump on the hate wagon, think long about the things you have said that could be misconstrued. We have all spoken without thinking, what if everything we said came back to haunt us? You people are so excited to hate, it's disturbing. I'm sure that if we all dug deep, we'd find a reason to hate each and every one of.

He said "I wonder if they were better off" not "they were better off" now clearly he does not know history well enough to know that families were broken up back then, rarely did they ever stay together. They were often beat, and treated like property but i'll tell you something back then they had no illusions on whether or not they were slaves, now they have this illusion of a protective government, a black President just like them "just out to help' but it is the same government continuing their slavery, just this time many whites, among other races have joined the blacks in being slaves to the system. You know what else, often times slaves were allowed to keep their own gardens and were even allowed to sell what they grew. Can you do that now? Hell no, try growing a garden in your back yard and selling the fruits and veggies to your neighbors, you'll get fines, sued etc...etc...perhaps lose your home over it

Now I get the point he was trying to make, without jumping on the bandwagon ready to hate another white man. He said something stupid, we all have.

As far as everything else concerning the BLM, Feds etc... Look at the Constitution, the before letters written by our forefathers and understand the federal government was never meant to be this big, NEVER. You think its okay for them to take his land because "he's a rich racist white dude" but your land, your home, your livelyhood's will be next.

You don't have to like him or his words to understand the dirty dealings being done. Please read up on the history of our nation. Understand that their divide and conquer strategy is working in over drive.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

He questioned if blacks are happier now with 'freedom' compared to the times of slavery. To support his question he talks about all the unhappy black people he sees in the inner cities.

Just because they are unhappy that means they are better off as slaves picking cotton? Thats ridiculous.

This goes to show people don't even take slavery seriously and think its was just a walk in the park.

He goes on to comment about how peopleBlack People aren't as free today as they think they are, referring to the days of slavery.

Corrected for you, also on top of that, he like many right wings assume only blacks take welfare.

But you probably missed all that because you hate the old fashioned words he used. Last I heard, the word 'negro' is not a racist word.

Every wonder why you didn't see this as racism because you share his ideas? Negro is not racist word, i seen it use often, i even used it, the don't care about it.

But i guess if i used the word in the wrong context and added things like being slave and picking cotton is fun. Then ill probably get some bruises.

edit on 4/25/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I want you guys to look at this and explain to me why black men are supporting this so called "racist" hick ?

www.lewrockwell.com...

Look at the photos of Bundy and his supporters AFTER the statements being called racist were released.
Is that not a black man walking with Bundy?

www.mail.com...-stage-hero1-2

Are these Black men capable of seeing the truth and not the leftist fog that the progressive elitist emanate or are they just ignorant Uncle Toms?

I don’t know any of you or where your from but I will tell you something about myself. My family back in history owned slaves. What you think you know about slavery is likely biased and from abolitionist sources. Uncle Tom’s Cabin was not an accurate account of the average slaves life. Now I am not in any way justifying slavery, I am just telling you that the situation was not as cut and dry as you think. That’s off on a tangent a bit but not too much. Many of you just don’t seem to get that here in the South the feeling is that the Civil War didn’t free the slaves it just enslaved us all and we have been dealing with it ever since 1865. You seem to think slavery was all whips and chains, well it was not. Slavery comes in many forms and there are lots of ways to chain a man, some of them are even comfortable.
You don’t like the idea that there are black men who understand this truth and can think for themselves. They see the devastation that the Nanny state has caused on their people and they don’t like it one bit. They are willing to stand their ground with men who have had enough of this.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Can it be said if a slave did not submit to will of the owner that a beating was due at the minimum.

Can it be said that recipients of government assistance suffer police brutality if they don't comply with government agents.

How the heck are those even the same?

A government agent will beat up whoever the heck they want. I don't see how this is connected to people the receive welfare.

You trying too hard to find a connection in justifying slavery and welfare is the same.

Tho i understand the premise of how those who are trapped in the system, but that is not slavery, not even close.

Yet why does Bundy act like its those blacks who are dependant? i guess whites, asians, mexicans, martians dont receive welfare?

The way he separated one race as some sort of leech while every other race sucking on the same teets, is why he is a racist.
edit on 4/25/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join