It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon county puts stop to incinerating aborted babies for electricity:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.lifesitenews.com...

SALEM, Oregon, April 24, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The Marion County Board of Commissioners announced late Wednesday that they are putting a stop to a waste-to-energy facility’s program that was incinerating aborted babies to produce electricity.

The B.C. Catholic’s Steve Weatherbe revealed April 21 that the British Columbia government was sending fetal remains to the Covanta Marion waste-to-energy facility to be burned along with other medical waste. The story made national news after LifeSiteNews reported on the revelation Wednesday afternoon.
The Covanta Marion waste-to-energy facility in Oregon that has been incinerating British Columbia "medical waste," including aborted babies.

“We are outraged and disgusted that this material could be included in medical waste received at the facility,” said Commissioner Janet Carlson in a Wednesday statement.

“We did not know this practice was occurring until today. We are taking immediate action and initiating discussions with Covanta Marion to make certain that this type of medical waste is not accepted in the future.”

Yesterday there was this article about the fact they were using aborted fetal remains for fuel along with other medical waste.

April 24, 2014
Burning aborted babies for electricity? Happening right here in the USA
Rick Moran

British Columbia authorities admit that they are sending the remains of aborted babies to Oregon so that they can be burned to generate electricity.
americanthinker.com...

I know my stand on this issue is in the minority here on ATS,

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This brings a whole new meaning to the Human Farm. The consumer plantation. The human experiment.

But this really takes the cake. This is straight out of the matrix.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What would be a better way of disposing of medical waste?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revelations29
This brings a whole new meaning to the Human Farm. The consumer plantation. The human experiment.

But this really takes the cake. This is straight out of the matrix.

How so?

I don't remember.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well apparently the commissioner finds it appalling and it has been discontinued.

“We are outraged and disgusted that this material could be included in medical waste received at the facility,” said Commissioner Janet Carlson in a Wednesday statement.

Not you though.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Not you though.

I simply asked what would be a better way. You don't have to come after me.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is a sad state of affairs.... And it is a good analogy, the matrix movie because in the matrix movie the dead are liquidised and fed to those who are still "plugged in", so the dead become the sustenance of the living....

Well in this merry old age of materialism, we get sustenance from products... Products need power.... The dead are being burned to generate power... The living need the power to make the products for sustenance, so Vis-à-vis, the dead are feeding the ones who are still plugged in, just like the movie... But more horrible because this is real....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
how many threads does this farce need ?

1 - bio-hazard waste MUST be incinerated - it is the law in most juristictions

2 - putting aborted foetuses in a waste > energy incinerator plant will not produce more useable energy - it atctually lowers plant efficiency

3 - the reason this is being stopped is because of idiots who don't understand science

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

But the pro-abortionists should just explain that is just tissue and not the bodies of infants that died because the mother chose to put them to death and have an inglorious incineration as a funeral.

My question is, why not do it for the young, the middle-aged, the elderly?

Hey, it's just tissue, right?

I got the zippo. Just torch the bags of decaying tissues!

Why not disrespect the dead! There certainly isn't any respect for the living anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elijah23
This is a sad state of affairs.... And it is a good analogy, the matrix movie because in the matrix movie the dead are liquidised and fed to those who are still "plugged in", so the dead become the sustenance of the living....

Well in this merry old age of materialism, we get sustenance from products... Products need power.... The dead are being burned to generate power... The living need the power to make the products for sustenance, so Vis-à-vis, the dead are feeding the ones who are still plugged in, just like the movie... But more horrible because this is real....

thank you for the explanation

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don't understand the distaste to this.

I hope that my body can be used in as meaningful of ways after I have passed.

Harvest my good bits, burn the rest for energy, and spread the remainder as compost...I really don't need it anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Why is cremation insulting to the dead? Both my parents were cremated. What else are we to do with medical waste? Dump it in the ocean?

This is just stupid outrage, much ado about nothing!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Why is cremation insulting to the dead? Both my parents were cremated. What else are we to do with medical waste? Dump it in the ocean?

This is just stupid outrage, much ado about nothing!

You're right. Forget funerals and ceremonies and rememberances.

Just toss ol' "Room Temp" Mom or Dad and baby brother in the local power plant!

Apologies.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Why not disrespect the dead! There certainly isn't any respect for the living anymore. -

Because they lost their sense of the scared.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The power is made from people! IT'S PEOPLE!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Is somebody up for re election or something?
This is a stupid emotionally drivel...er... driven issue ........the need to dispose of medical wastes safely is paramount, and incineration is the best method.....
What if these fetuses are infected with something? aids maybe? what then?
Comeon people now.....................snap out of it...you are being manipulated cradle to grave...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Is somebody up for re election or something?
This is a stupid emotionally drivel...er... driven issue ........the need to dispose of medical wastes safely is paramount, and incineration is the best method.....
What if these fetuses are infected with something? aids maybe? what then?
Comeon people now.....................snap out of it...you are being manipulated cradle to grave...

I agree!

Funeral parlours should actually be IN power plants.

New Motto. . . .

"Say good bye to your wife! But don't worry! She'll still keep you warm at night!"

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I know my stand on this issue is in the minority here on ATS, - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe in the minority here, but definitely NOT alone!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
My question is, why not do it for the young, the middle-aged, the elderly?

The young, the middle-aged, the elderly are "incinerated" ALL the time...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join