It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Official: Aborted Fetuses Sent to Oregon, Incinerated for Energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I've heard of ways to increase energy output and limit the use of fossil fuels, but this one takes the cake hands down.

According to the story, biomedical waste is being shipped from Canada to Oregon for use in generating electricity.

No comment.

Aborted human fetuses are being shipped from British Columbia to the United States, where they are incinerated to provide electricity for Oregon residents.

The British Columbia Health Ministry has admitted the fetuses are ending up in a waste-to-power facility that provides power to Oregonians, LifeSiteNews reports.

The Health Ministry disclosed in an email to the B.C. Catholic, the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of Vancouver, that "biomedical waste" sent to the U.S. for incineration includes "human tissue, such as surgically removed cancerous tissue, amputated limbs, and fetal tissue."

Canadian Official: Aborted Fetuses Sent to Oregon, Incinerated for Energy

Can anybody confirm this ?

or is this just some kind of sensationalist malarkey ?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
or is this just some kind of sensationalist malarkey ?

Yes.... see www.abovetopsecret.com... where it is also done in the UK.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
After doing some digging into the link after link game, it seems to lead back to an article in some catholic paper that suggests it probably is happening given all biowaste goes (citation needed) to the plant where it is burned. about 1%, according to the (unsourced) article seems to be in sealed boxes which may contain fetal tissue.

Without any sources to confirm it, then you got to simply use likelihood..and its probably correct. But if you consider the situation, its either that or a landfill. Doesn't matter what, it is going to turn the stomachs of anyone whom looks at a fetus as a person...the whole concept of abortion does, so it doesn't really matter what happens to it overall, the same disgust will be applied across the board.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
its either that or a landfill.

Can you even dump medical waste in landfill? There would be lumps of cancer cut out , limbs etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
?
edit on 24-4-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: SaturnFX
its either that or a landfill.

Can you even dump medical waste in landfill? There would be lumps of cancer cut out , limbs etc.

Yeah, probably not. I think ultimately biowaste gets incinerated onsite overall, or in some waste facility. Point I was ultimately making is..does it matter? it wouldn't have received a proper burial anyhow, so why not let the material serve a purpose verses just literally go up in smoke for no purpose.

I will probably get cremated when I go. I think it would also be a great thing if during my cremation process, my energy could be captured and used to power up the grid a bit. something pretty epic about that concept overall actually.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

sensationalistic twaddle - all bio-hazard waste has to be incinerated - its the law

but incineration of foetuses does NOT generate power - they actually make the plant less efficient - as it takes more energy to incinerate each one - than is produced by the combustible component

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It seems quite reasonable to me. Its not a baby, its clinical waste, which has to be incinerated to dispose of it. You can't toss clinical waste into landfill. To do so would be a biological incident waiting to happen. Incineration is the safest method of disposal that we have right now.

How would you like this clinical waste to be disposed of, realistically.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

I agree it is just medical waste and it has to be burnt for health and safety concerns, we use that energy to power some hospitals in the UK...better than wasting the energy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
How would you like this clinical waste to be disposed of, realistically.

That's what I was going to ask... People request to be cremated all the time. I'm going to be. Surely incineration is the best way to dispose of medical waste. And if it provides electricity in the meantime, all the better.

new topics

top topics

join