It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon county puts stop to incinerating aborted babies for electricity:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think the whole problem is because power is generated at the back end.
If it was just a crematorium no one would utter a peep.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
As babies are NOT flammable, they are NOT being used as fuel to generate electricity. They are, as medical waste (sad, no ritualistic burial as many would wish), being incinerated along with flammable materials which are used to generate electricity rather than just waste the heat going up in smoke. The title is plain ol' misleading and trolling.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: beezzer

Why is cremation insulting to the dead? Both my parents were cremated. What else are we to do with medical waste? Dump it in the ocean?

This is just stupid outrage, much ado about nothing!

I've got a job offer for you.

Why don't you trudge the buckets of "medical waste" to the plant and get your shovel out and start throwing it in the fire. That's a fine job and you might get insurance and you will be working for the city.

Yes, get your shovel and start shoveling. You and Benevolent can even go to the local abortion clinics and get all the "medical waste" and have a blast. Make sure you wear the Biohazard suits, because that's human blood you'll be tossing in the fire. Don't forget the little hearts and brains, those splatter pretty easy also. And for goodness sake, don't let cats or dogs get anywhere near the cut up arms and legs.

Does it sound gruesome? You know it is a hacked up baby, but hey, if you've got the stomach for it, go ahead and offer your services.

BTW, it wouldn't be medical waste in the first place, but I digress.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Sweet Jesus!

Is this you accommodating me again? Is this another example of the grace that you were referring to?

I accommodated you in two threads, that means you limited my freedom of religious expression and speech. But you won't discuss religion with me any more because you are offended by what I have said, and yet I still gracefully accommodated you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Sweet Jesus!

Is this you accommodating me again? Is this another example of the grace that you were referring to?

I accommodated you in two threads, that means you limited my freedom of religious expression and speech. But you won't discuss religion with me any more because you are offended by what I have said, and yet I still gracefully accommodated you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, this is not a religious thread and this is an example of me being snarky to an already sarcastic view of abortion as medical waste.

If your side keeps diminishing the value of a human life, how else do you expect our side to respond? You are the one who has reduced life to the point that it does not bother you at all when a pre-born infant is brutally damaged and tossed away in the trash. Then you call it cremation. Can you see how far down you have taken it to justify a "choice"?

Well, if you can take such a casual and sometimes gleeful position, I am asking you why not go all the way and take care of the problem of "medical waste". Why don't you be the one who drives the girls to abortion clinics, why don't you be the one who takes the waste from the dumpster to the plant and why don't you do the job?

You are the one who is making the radical claims, so why not do the radical jobs? Or are you simply an armchair quarterback for "choice" that doesn't affect you? You know this choice will affect for the rest of a life, but hey, just keep encouraging, as long as it doesn't affect you.

And I really mean it, someone has to be the one who does that job, so why can't it be you? I mean you refuse to share any knowledge of the process of the procedure, and now you have a problem with me suggesting the other jobs? Yes, you defend their "choice" as long as you don't have to look at it, but you gleefully give it other names.

Why is it that our side is more willing to look at it for what it is but your side has to cope by covering up what it is under nice language? Are you really uncomfortable with the medical procedure and then the throwing away of tiny arms and legs? Does that make you queasy?

As long as it isn't a baby to you, then you don't have to address the guilt that I am sure you do subconsciously feel. And I am not going to be graceful about this issue, because it appears that our side knows the realism of the situation.

Tell us, what does the medical waste constitute? I will tell you, brains,once beating hearts, hands, fingers, toes, legs, internal organs, tiny eyes that open and close, a little nose, a little mouth, soft bones, all the body parts that you have, are in those bags being tossed. As much as you say "medical waste" and not a person, you know very well this is what an abortion is. Now gleefully talk about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Tell us, what does the medical waste constitute? I will tell you, brains,once beating hearts, hands, fingers, toes, legs, internal organs, tiny eyes that open and close, a little nose, a little mouth, soft bones, all the body parts that you have, are in those bags being tossed. As much as you say "medical waste" and not a person, you know very well this is what an abortion is. Now gleefully talk about it.

Well, as I said earlier, both my parents were cremated. But, they were also organ donors. I know for a fact that their corneas were used and a large amount of their skin, for burn recovery research I was told. We (our family) didn't stipulate what they could take and what they couldn't, so I don't know what all actually made it to the furnace, but we did get a shoe box of ashes for each of them.

If your side keeps diminishing the value of a human life, how else do you expect our side to respond? You are the one who has reduced life to the point that it does not bother you at all when a pre-born infant is brutally damaged and tossed away in the trash. Then you call it cremation. Can you see how far down you have taken it to justify a "choice"?

This thread isn't about choice or even abortion. It's about the misconception of the disposal of biological (hazardous) material, whether it be your wisdom teeth, tonsils, tumors or a gangrene leg, the remains of a corpse, it's all after the fact. It seems that, to some people, unceremonious cremation equals disrespect. Okay, I don't worry so much about what happens after the fact.

As far you looking out for my employment opportunities, I do actually know some people whose job it is to go collect "biological waste" such as aborted fetus, my parent's corneas, brain matter etc., to deliver to labs that are happy to get it. Their pay doesn't really match their education, but then again, they are usually undergrads! At any rate, I don't have the "creds" for the jobs your offering! But, hey, thanks for looking out for me!

edit on 25-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Are you really uncomfortable with the medical procedure and then the throwing away of tiny arms and legs? Does that make you queasy?

I have asked a similar question on the forum, and I don't think any abortion rights activist on this particular topic would be capable of the deed.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Well, as I said earlier, both my parents were cremated. But, they were also organ donors. I know for a fact that their corneas were used and a large amount of their skin, for burn recovery research I was told. We (our family) didn't stipulate what they could take and what they couldn't, so I don't know what all actually made it to the furnace, but we did get a shoe box of ashes for each of them.

This thread isn't about choice or even abortion. It's about the misconception of the disposal of biological (hazardous) material, whether it be your wisdom teeth, tonsils, tumors or a gangrene leg, the remains of a corpse, it's all after the fact. It seems that, to some people, unceremonious cremation equals disrespect. Okay, I don't worry so much about what happens after the fact.

As far you looking out for my employment opportunities, I do actually know some people whose job it is to go collect "biological waste" such as aborted fetus, my parent's corneas, brain matter etc., to deliver to labs that are happy to get it. Their pay doesn't really match their education, but then again, they are usually undergrads! At any rate, I don't have the "creds" for the jobs your offering! But, hey, thanks for looking out for me!

You can always do a ride-along.

And these people you know, ask them to take pictures and forward them to you. But didn't your parents make that decision before they died, or did you make the decision for them?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

*first half walks the on topic line a bit*

is it really so slow down in westboro that your blowing up ATS so hard? why dont you go hold up signs in front of a court house or a high school somewhere.... last story i heard of people trying to shove gruesome abortion imagery down peoples throats some one put a gun in his mouth and blew his head off on right out on the public street.

murder of Jim pouillon wiki

i dont know that case in great detail but from what I've been told the business man was the target and this guy figured if I'm going down for murder i might as well help clean up the community a bit.

warminlndy, where do you suppose these millions upon millions of aborted children should be living? have you ever heard of food insecure? I'm not privy to the exact number but I'm sure its climbing over 20% by now, thats 20% of children who dont know where their next meal is coming from. alot of these children are in the care of mothers who had to make the terrible decision to have an abortion to hopefully bring a better life to the child she already has here in this world.

now I'm sure abortions happen for other selfish reasons but we will never be able to determine that fully. its childish to assume they ALL are for selfish reasons like most religious debaters do.

abortion is a terribly emotional thing that drains and punishes those who take part in it, in its own way. no need to run around trying to salt the wound.

*K now back on topic*

So you think they are using buckets and baby body parts?!?!?!?! do you even know what medical waste is? its so much more then just fetus's its gauss and bedsheets and gowns and just plain all kinds of stuff. the aborted fetus's most likely make up a small portion of the overall.

* rant time ! *

its really angering that people come in here and push so hard to try and elicit and emotional response. i understand anger is what your trying to elicit and you probably feel like you've won because i got all fired up but know this. I'm not angry at you, I'm not angry about abortion, I'm angry at all the MEN of the world for the last thousands of years who have stood by and lets weakling little girly boys rise to positions of power and change the world as much as they have. by MEN and Girly boys I'm not describing size or physical prowess I'm describing a way of acting and conducting ones business.

you sir are a coward and a slang word for a feline. hiding behind your imagery and trying to illicit emotional responses. why not try to engage in logical debate? o wait you'd get torn apart.... you'd rather talk about arms and legs and buckets of blood. shock value piece of $#!%. i

*Meditation relaxing come down vent ahead LOL*

AIMED AT ALL

i would like to apologize to everyone for my attack above and i would also like to apologize on behalf of all the posters like warminlndy who use cowardly tactics to try and illicit emotions. this is a terribly hot button issue that is getting all sorts of twisted. first and for most... NO ONE IS BURNING ANYTHING. its an INCINERATOR that uses a fuel source to create the fire and heat. this heat is then harvested for electricity. in the mean time we can stick things in the burning and it goes buh bye.... the fire is already there. the electricity is already there. we just use the byproduct of the HUGE BURNING INFERNO to incinerate stuff.

ITS NOT LIKE BABIES ARE FUELING THIS PLANT.

very immature of you warminlndy to try and make people think that.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

Hmm, so you wouldn't mind having the job?

Do you know what it is called to not bring up the imagery of an abortion? Isn't ATS about denying ignorance? I am telling people to deny ignorance of what an abortion is. If you have a problem with the imagery, then perhaps you are having emotional issues with the concept. But as I ask in other threads, in the spirit of denying ignorance, can you explain the medical procedure of an abortion?

Have we progressed so far that we can't even look at the actual subject? What kind of immaturity is it to call it a medical procedure and then can't even deal with the imagery?

If you have a problem with the imagery, then go out there and remove every picture of what an abortion is. I haven't posted the pictures, because people might get queasy, but what does that say for your side? Don't allow people to be ignorant. If you can't deal with the imagery, perhaps you already have problems with it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Hmm, so you wouldn't mind having the job?

Do you know what it is called to not bring up the imagery of an abortion? Isn't ATS about denying ignorance? I am telling people to deny ignorance of what an abortion is. If you have a problem with the imagery, then perhaps you are having emotional issues with the concept. But as I ask in other threads, in the spirit of denying ignorance, can you explain the medical procedure of an abortion?

Have we progressed so far that we can't even look at the actual subject? What kind of immaturity is it to call it a medical procedure and then can't even deal with the imagery?

If you have a problem with the imagery, then go out there and remove every picture of what an abortion is. I haven't posted the pictures, because people might get queasy, but what does that say for your side? Don't allow people to be ignorant. If you can't deal with the imagery, perhaps you already have problems with it.

o im not getting queasy at all. its never bothered me a bit, I've had alot of exposure to this sort of thing. lots of looney tunes around my parts that shove this $#!t down peoples throat all the time. it has nothing to do with not dealing with the imagery. life in general is gruesome, how bout i come into your church next sunday and spend a couple hours describing in detail what AMERICAN christrian soldiers have done to defend your right to free speech. does that sound fun? Il even bring some nice videos too. cause i will tell you right now that abortion imagery is near the bottom of the gruesome charts in our daily lives. you wanna talk about gruesome then why dont you get outside your bubble and really go look at whats going on in the world and maybe trying to force FALSE abortion imagery onto people won't be such a big goal in your life.

to answer your question, yes i wouldnt mind having the job of incinerating medical waste. its been going on a long time without anyone raising a stink so id be willing to be no ones interacting with anything gruesome. thats just in your childish mind.

the real world is a gruesome and terrible place where every second on this planet some HORRIBLE act of violence and terror is taking place. this isnt one of those situations.

this thread ISNT about wether abortion is good or right or pretty.

its about if its right for medical waste to be incinerated at an incinerator that harvests its left over heat (Which the incinerating of medical waste actually detracts from) for electricity.

i cant see any way possible to have a problem with the facility or the people involved. its a simple matter that with some crafty twisting of words has been blown into a national debate and embarrassed the crap out of some people.

for you to come in here and try to shove FALSE imagery onto to everyone isnt a denying of ignorance I'm afraid its an embrace of it. only thing being denied is common courtesy.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ahhh yes, another emotionally based thread about abortion that pays no attention to the facts.

The waste will be burned, either way. The only thing people are really whining about here is that the heat from the burn is harvested. So now, instead, itll just escape into the environment.

Unbelievably stupid.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Can you then show us pictures?

How is this not supposed to emotional when people do indeed think of prenatal infants as babies. Then you get all in a huff because it is "emotional".

Then you ask us if we would like images of soldiers. How interesting that you compare the concepts, imagine that. Tell you what, you show the pictures you want and we will show the pictures we want. Sound fair enough?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

What are the facts?

The facts are that these are aborted babies. And then harvested for heat. Do you see something wrong with that concept? You used the word harvest.

Hmm, so biological material is harvested.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

How is this not supposed to emotional when people do indeed think of prenatal infants as babies. Then you get all in a huff because it is "emotional".

Then you ask us if we would like images of soldiers. How interesting that you compare the concepts, imagine that. Tell you what, you show the pictures you want and we will show the pictures we want. Sound fair enough?

i never said i wanted to show them here that would be off topic and discourteous to others. just plain stupid and disrespectful move. for you even wanting to do that screams of childish back and forth behavior.

the abortion debate IS A VERY EMOTIONAL ISSUE. this issue tho has nothing to do with abortion.

question for you. how should we dispose of medical waste if not at an incinerator? since i already know there isnt a safe alternative il just continue on. we NEED to incinerate this stuff. no 2 ways about it.

now incinerators they are these big giant infernos that generate heat in a manner that its then used to either heat water or air which then creates pressure which then can be used to drive a turbine and generate electricity. end of story. natural gas is used alot of the times to get the burning going. so we burn natural gas to heat water to make electricity. cool right.

so now why is it that if all this is taking place we cant benefit from one of the byproducts which is EXTREME HEAT to help incinerate medical waste?

your fight is with whether aborted fetus's should be considered medical waste or not. thats a whole nother issue that i gladly invite you to start a new thread on and I'm sure it will get all kinds of debate. here however it has nothing to do with anything and it honestly seems like your trying to just drive the emotional agenda that the initial author was trying to capture. why? idk.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

a reply to: captaintyinknots

What are the facts?

The facts are that these are aborted babies. And then harvested for heat. Do you see something wrong with that concept? You used the word harvest.

Hmm, so biological material is harvested.

NOTHING IS HARVESTED FOR HEAT. they burn natural gas for heat most of the time and the medical waste is incinerated in the inferno. the waste itself is nowhere near of a powerful enough fuel supply to generate the heat it takes to run a power plant.

STOP spreading lies and i ask that mods please take a gander at this and tell me WTF is up? were allowed to blatantly lie now?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
words like "Harvested" get used to help trigger this sort of reaction. I'm not educated on the topic at all really but i can see it in action all the time. same thing politicians do using words like "synergy" and other nonsense. just trigger words to help manipulate something somehow.

no one harvested anything for anything. this isnt the matrix. these incinerators are all over the place and take bids on medical waste disposal. you ever wonder why its coming down from BC cannada? cause cannada likes paying us to deal with their trash, idk why, but I'm sure this one in oregon isnt the only place this is happening. id be willing to wager its all over the map and the knee jerk reaction by the immature city and county is whats caused this whole thing to blow up.

if the county would of just said GROW UP in the first place none of this debate would be carried on. such a shame todays people in charge of things aren't able to handle themselves with maturity.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

From the OP's source.

SALEM, Oregon, April 24, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The Marion County Board of Commissioners announced late Wednesday that they are putting a stop to a waste-to-energy facility’s program that was incinerating aborted babies to produce electricity.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

i never said i wanted to show them here that would be off topic and discourteous to others. just plain stupid and disrespectful move. for you even wanting to do that screams of childish back and forth behavior.

the abortion debate IS A VERY EMOTIONAL ISSUE. this issue tho has nothing to do with abortion.

question for you. how should we dispose of medical waste if not at an incinerator? since i already know there isnt a safe alternative il just continue on. we NEED to incinerate this stuff. no 2 ways about it.

now incinerators they are these big giant infernos that generate heat in a manner that its then used to either heat water or air which then creates pressure which then can be used to drive a turbine and generate electricity. end of story. natural gas is used alot of the times to get the burning going. so we burn natural gas to heat water to make electricity. cool right.

so now why is it that if all this is taking place we cant benefit from one of the byproducts which is EXTREME HEAT to help incinerate medical waste?

your fight is with whether aborted fetus's should be considered medical waste or not. thats a whole nother issue that i gladly invite you to start a new thread on and I'm sure it will get all kinds of debate. here however it has nothing to do with anything and it honestly seems like your trying to just drive the emotional agenda that the initial author was trying to capture. why? idk.

First of all, abortions are unnecessary.

3/4 of pregnancies are preventable. Remove those numbers out of the factor, then it lowers the numbers. For those who have had miscarriages then it is still emotional and premature babies who die receive funerals.

Yes, it is emotional, and why should it not be?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

From the OP's source.

SALEM, Oregon, April 24, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The Marion County Board of Commissioners announced late Wednesday that they are putting a stop to a waste-to-energy facility’s program that was incinerating aborted babies to produce electricity.

did you look into lifesitenews.com at all?!?!?!? how can anyone take any of it seriously its a neo christian tabloid website blabbing about homosexuality and mormons and kinds of god told me to give abortions and blah blah blah blah buncha bull #. not a scientific site that tells the truth based on logic in an attempt to remain completely impartial. its a site that is trying to steer an agenda. grow up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join