It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets and Ship Taunting The UK!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: alldaylong

Actually, in this case, I cite Sir Winston Churchill. "The will go down as the greatest American victory of the war".

In case you missed it, it was referring to the Battle of the Bulge.....

I see you are now mis-quoting Churchill.

Churchill's actual words where “This is undoubtedly the greatest American BATTLE of the war”

Churchill was referring to The Battle Of Bastogne. Which was just one operation during The Battle Of The Bulge.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Montgomery? LOL. A political hack. Badly out 'generaled' by Patton and Rommel....

As to the post, well, the only reason Putin doesn't violate your airspace is due to the U.S..

You'd be multilingual if not for the U.S....German then Russian...decades ago.

Another American that no F all about History.

Reality check Britain stops Germanys Invasion of Britain long before the US of A got involved. War started in 1939 dont ya know?

WW2 was a team effort. UK,USA and Russia all put in there own worth to equal effect. The USA didn't do all the heavy lifting you know!
edit on 24-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: criticalhit

I see there is no holding you back is there? Still spouting your same old rubbish.
If you dislike the British Empire so much, why are you living in a country that is a product of said empire? Why not pack your bags and bugger off back to either Ireland or Scotland, where i am sure you would feel more at home.
Also, why are you using the English language? Our language is part of that evil empire you spout on about. Why not use The Gaelic language? I am sure you would be happier doing so. However by doing so, not too many people would have the pleasure of having a good laugh at your ramblings, as they wouldn't understand what you are saying. Yet again they maybe to their advantage.

See, that's the sheer ARROGANCE I don't actually like. Not individual people or some such nonsense.

"A product of said empire" you say?

I showed the demographics clearly, British ancestory in this country is a scant 9%, Hispanic 17% we are (by that silly theory) more a product of Spain, More a product of Ireland, More a product of Germany... you somehow however within the body politic seem to feel that we are something ranging from your property to colonies still when realistically by number even Asians are going to outclass you as members of our society by population and certainly already surpass you by economic contribution... and even the British descendants that live here, well, most of them ran away from you as I recall for something they hoped they could call freedom and then at least tried to kick you out when you INSISTED you owned the place.

I really don't find this topic personal between me or your average brit, truly wasn't in the best of spirits that day, so I beg your pardon and wish for no harsh words. Nor do I want to think of Britain as an enemy, make friends where ever you can find them is my spirit.

BUT, a Eurocentric policy for America is Dated, it doesn't properly reflect our economic interests, our changing demographics and yes... for whatever reason, Britain as a nation seems to still feel in particular it has claims to us, the fact that every President who doesn't get killed seems to be related to the throne and has a strangle hold hasn't been funny since Kennedy nor is thinking of ourselves as a Western Nation instead of a global Nation which is what we really are.

I realize the treatment of Britain by actual priority would be very grave for Britain indeed because in actuality WE are the super power. But the Sex Pistols had it down decades ago... your just another country and if what I say wasn't true, stating that fact wouldn't be so offensive.

And then leaving Britain behind let me say simply this.

At 43, I have learned there are always people you call friends that when you become successful wish to feed off you, it's hard to do, but the proper thing to do is to NOT pay peoples rent at your own expense. I say the following not at you, your nation but rather the whole of Europe:

Your GDP is 16 Trillion US, Russia's is 2 Trillion US, Your population is 711,000,000 vs Russia's 127,000,000 .... Russia does not have a chance if you are willing to spend your own money and buy... so please, we Love you, but just pay your own God damned rent and build a fence because there is a Bear in your backyard not ours, it is grotesque that we spend over a Trillion Yearly and make enemies with people who would never bother with us, spill our blood, pay our own health care, have weaker schools and less infrastructure in many cases to economically badger a Bear for you when realistically much of Europe has socialized everything and one month vacations and higher pay rates than we do...

I don't hate Europe lol, Your just living large on our dime since WW2... If you want an Empire, don't use us as slaves, build the god damned Royal navy up to 12 Carrier Battle groups like we do, show us that stiff upper lip once again, bite the economic bullet and get your people to bear the burden, surely as a whole the EU could do it, you have 2.3x as many tax payers as we do...

If The US was a product of Spain it would be another version of Central and South America. Broke up into a dozen independent third world countries

Do you know why The US flag has 13 stripes upon it? The answer will give you a clue as to why The US is a British made product.

And that statement my friend is why I no longer wish to do business with you.

Children leave the nest, you don't get to own them and certainly parents should not expect children to subsidize them for life, that's kind of crappy parenting. Usually it's the other way around.

And btw, that's really racist in regards to the spanish

Come on, the last war you fought on your own was the Falkland islands, if your that concerned about Ukraine then at least hit a draft of your own before you ask us to fight alongside, exhaust your other options, tap your own national credit rating (you run the companies that provide those loans anyway)

What is this thread even about, egging it on while our cowboys take the bait?

The Russians are Taunting us...

Someone is always taunting you guys, you have your noses into everything...

look... you've been "taunted" or centuries...

I see the truth hurts.
No surprise there then.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Truth hurts? I'm not in the least bit hurt, your point is well taken... after all those nice people fled your country, you followed them lol, established colonies and then even the colonists wanted no part of you anymore, so what?

Europe was once filled with neanderthals, should I turn over my govt to the first one our scientist cloned back from extinction? None of that changes that as it worked out... aside from keeping the language our demographics and people are no longer reflective... sorry dad we married into non British family.

The other argument your engaged in seems to be saying you could have taken the Germans without us...

I absolute agree with that

and with Russia

So ... Go ahead!!! What are we even debating again, i've shown the Numbers, Europe Could if it wanted to given some time build the capacity to be rid of Russia, why do we even need to be involved?

Look, the number of Brits in these Russia USA threads is nice... obviously your concerned, frankly as an American I don't give a damn what happens in Ukraine...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

All from the guy who thinks Braveheart should be taught in schools

All your points are invalid and not even worth reading for that alone

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Truth hurts? I'm not in the least bit hurt, your point is well taken... after all those nice people fled your country, you followed them lol, established colonies and then even the colonists wanted no part of you anymore, so what?

Europe was once filled with neanderthals, should I turn over my govt to the first one our scientist cloned back from extinction? None of that changes that as it worked out... aside from keeping the language our demographics and people are no longer reflective... sorry dad we married into non British family.

The other argument your engaged in seems to be saying you could have taken the Germans without us...

I absolute agree with that

and with Russia

So ... Go ahead!!! What are we even debating again, i've shown the Numbers, Europe Could if it wanted to given some time build the capacity to be rid of Russia, why do we even need to be involved?

Look, the number of Brits in these Russia USA threads is nice... obviously your concerned, frankly as an American I don't give a damn what happens in Ukraine...

Those nice people fled our country?
Actually no they didn't. They where merchants ,businessmen and British Landed Gentry ( i e George Washington's Family) who set up the 13 American colonies, which in the main where financed by The British Crown. So you think they "Fled The Crown" to go and live in a "Crown Colony"?
That's a novel idea indeed.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

mmm.. .debatable, many also fled religious persecution.

None the less, that isn't actually my point, kind of devolves into rubbish.

Honestly, I am saying the writing is kind of on the wall, I don't know that you can count on Obama to step up here, the big money has moved to Asia, America is war weary, it's not in our best interests to keep messing with the Asian powers, our demographics have already changed are going to change a lot more in our lifetimes.

If I was in Europe, my concern would not be getting America to step up for a fracas nor in continued threatening expansionist behavior of the EU or Nato, my concern would be an EU military power.

Let's face reality, Obama is the FIRST US President looking away from Europe and to other places, he will not be the last... he has gone to Europe to come face to face with some seriously racist portrayals, he was snubbed on syria across the board and as the first Black President he absolutely, absolutely doesn't want to face an enemy that causes the US to take a hit on it's soil during his presidency

I think... Europe is looking at an America that is slowly going to drift East and even South in it's foreign policy, mainly because that's what our make up is becoming and that's where the big consumer cash is going to be. Western Declined birth rates simply don't bode well for trade priority

So take the argument out of it, in a way it's pro Europe... we are close to Bankrupt, another war might mean we go bust... and if that happens for a time there will be no America to come to your aid just like the Russians were harmless for a time after the collapse of the Soviet Union and then... that's when you can expect Russia to be REALLY BOLD

The Ukraine? look, the EU made marvelous ground over the last 20 years, throw the Russians a bone, don't count on us, particularly not during this Presidency

And build an EU military, before it's too late. I'm just a messenger

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I'd offer that left alone to it without the politics of London you'd never hear the term American Empire and definitively nowhere on my Google search when I search empire is there ever a map of Scottish territories stretching across... well not even to France or Amsterdam lol

All i'm saying is, some cultures innately see the futility of empire building

If you're referring to England it's historical wars with France etc, that was when feudalism was rife and the lands were inherited. I might also point out the only reason English kings had claims in France etc was because a French (Norman) Duke came over and pinched the crown.... A massive over-simplification, but far better than the totally ignorant and incorrect assumption on your part.

Let's just get our facts straight first before casting aspersions...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
**LAST WARNING**

The thread isn't about empires, who fled where, or what should be taught in schools.

Let's get back on topic. Further wandering will result in post removals.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The war started with the Japanese invasion of China several years earlier, I do believe.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I didn't suggest that the U.S. did "all the heavy lifting". Nor do I think it. My response was to the individual that stated that if the U.S. got involved everyone would be dead.

I was defending the U.S. in my response.

By the way, I hold to that response. without the U.S., that team effort, especially in Britain's case, would have gone for naught.

That may hold true for any of the three. Again, I was restating the obvious that the U.S. was one of those "three".

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yeah these kinds of things happen all the time in Alaska.

We just send up an F-22 to remind them of fiery death an destruction, for the most part, the "Bear" totally gets it and scampers off...as usual.

Just a few weeks ago, Japan had to scramble some jets off too in the same scenario.

Russia just probes.
One day, their going to get too close and get burned, just like the ending scene in, "The Great Outdoors".

Defense experts say this kind of behavior is a sign of military flexing, to show the world and remind them of their military dominance.
US POV, "What of it?"

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You might find this link interesting: www.scottmanning.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yeah sure, it's normal, happens all the time. I think some of you are missing the fact that this is happening at a time where Russian forces are being assembled for a possible invasion, in opposition to the west, with sanctions placed on Russians and threats of more that could destroy the Russian economy.

In normal times this would be nothing, in these times it is anything but normal.

Don't be fools.

In a previous post of mine in this thread I gave you a potential threat, and I believe that threat is still very real.... Hopefully the intervention will have eliminated the key players in that potential plot.

Now back to your boring normal cold war stuff no one should be worried about.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Russia just like everyone else in Europe pushes the rules with airspace but now the Media is trying to make out that it's a big deal in an effort to paint a bad picture of Russia and if we are that concerned then why is France building ships for Russia or could it be this is a phony war designed to push up oil prices for Russian and allow Obama more military spending at home.

The USA is now trying to dictate just how much Europe should spend on defense and if we were to take this unwanted advice from America then Russia would be forced to do the same or did the USA not learn anything about missile in Poland are we told Russia we would encroach any closer to it's borders.

Time the USA went home because the second world war is over and not many people in Europe see any need to attack Russia or have american military fighter bases all over our land, go play closer to home.

originally posted by: crazyewok
Reality check Britain stops Germanys Invasion of Britain long before the US of A got involved. War started in 1939 dont ya know?

WW2 was a team effort. UK,USA and Russia all put in there own worth to equal effect. The USA didn't do all the heavy lifting you know!

The USA came very late to the party and sold us some very poor plonk for top buck known as Ronzon lighters, tanks that kept blowing up and now they are here trying to tell Europe to up it's military spending.

I blame it all on Hollywood and you would think that the only people to fight were Americans and the only ones to die were Jewish.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

VirusGuard, Actually, the U.S. has gone home. There is never been a lower U.S. Military presence in Europe since the end of WWII.

Just where has the U.S. dictated how much you spend on your militaries??

The posters merely point out that Putin wouldn't be in the position to potentially move west if the U.S. still had a strong military presence and/or Europe has a stronger military,as well as the will to use it, if necessary.

This seems valid, IMO.

I'm sure Putin would applaud you desires to see the U.S. even further out of Europe. Frankly, he can have it..LOL.

Back to the air space issue, I highly doubt he make this provocative flight if he was planning a surprise move west. While it may be a bit insulting, it may be a indicator of no further action in the Ukraine.

Not a good idea to telegraph a punch....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join