It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets and Ship Taunting The UK!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Let's get back on topic please. If you want to discuss Scottish independence, feel free to make a thread about it.

In the meantime, let's go back to the Russian bombers and ship taunting the UK.

Yes.....the Russians have been taunting the UK since the 50's.....next.

But the point is the Cold War came to an end in 1989 thanks to Gorbechev and his efforts to sort things out. But now Putin is implementing Cold War 2.0 ! I agree that the Russians taunting UK air/sea space has been going on for a two/three years now, but they are increasing in frequency and given the situation in Crimea/Ukraine it IS intimidating and unsettling if you live in the UK! I think if the USA was taunted by Russian jets etc it would cause outrage. However here in the UK we are less gung ho. But I do think Putin is playing a very dangerous game at the moment and I am not sure he is all there mentally. That is the worrying part above all. I know many world leaders are to varying degrees cerifiable, but Putin's behaviour thus far does give justifiable cause for concern

Not to worry...the guy is stable enough to know it's tits out if he even attempts to wage all out war....do not fret please.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It does depend on what those around him are telling him - if his Generals and other lackies are all giving it the Russian "gung ho" cowardly west routine, he might actually start to believe it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
All I've seen from Putin and Russia is escalation escalation escalation and more escalation

Certainly we must continue to watch and laugh as he digs himself a bigger hole

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It does depend on what those around him are telling him - if his Generals and other lackies are all giving it the Russian "gung ho" cowardly west routine, he might actually start to believe it.

Putin is one step ahead of the old farts at his disposal..

He's a very sharp man just playing the game.

between Vlad and Barack and the money men they are carving up the world....it's all sorted. nae worries man.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nothing to see here.

Move along.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
"The Scots have never really been privy to such madness"

Uhm... I disagree very strongly. The Scots had a very large role in running and setting up the British Empire. Many of the soldiers, engineers, traders, were Scots.

And the Scots have always been very well represented in Westminster. Look at how many Scottish PMs and Cabinet Members we've had over the years.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: squarehead666
Nothing to see here.

Move along.

Indeed, aside from the timing this is quite normal.

According the MoD, the Russians were "intercepted" 8 times last year.

It's also worth noting that the Russian ship Vice Admiral Kulakov being shadowed by HMS Dragon paid visits to the UK in 2012 and 13 - making a stopover in Liverpool were people could actually go on board and a 5 day layover in Portsmouth.
edit on 23/4/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

post 9/11 Putin gave US all the cooperation

Things went south because US think tanks and Banks are continuing policy of world domination., This is Russia responding.

NATO has to be stopped, NATO is US war machine

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RadiationAndCancer

What a load of BS.

NATO is a "war machine"?

Right.. Care to elaborate? I've lost track of the amount of countries annexed and invasions staged...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

originally posted by: rigel4

if anything this is a good reason to leave the UK and NATO.... No More War.

You're kidding yourself...

That will be OUR decision.

Your assumption is amusing....
I am Scottish.. but all for the NO vote!

His assumption is right, if Scotland didn't stand a chance on it's own the better together campaign wouldn't have to resort to fear mongering and spending so much cash on things like london based call centres to ask people to vote no! (Funny how the Yes campaign don't do this) any Scotsman voting no is falling for Westminster propoganda!

And the russkies did this already in the past 6 months, old news, move on...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I just wish these guys would stop acting like children.

We don't need another war, we are supposed to have moved far away from 'wars'... we are all trading with one another now and its only the Leaders/Rulers who want a war and of course the Army personnel (who are being told what to do).

edit on CDTThu, 24 Apr 2014 05:20:39 -05000000003005x139x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Russia still harbours a tremendous respect towards Great Britain considering without the Atlantic convoys which were indeed a lifeline to both her military and citizens during the second world war Nazi Germany would quite possibly have steamed right over the top of her. So hopefully this is all just posturing after all would they really be silly enough to bite the hand that kept them in the fight?

They would be better off testing the mettle of some other poor nation that does not have the capability to blanket their country with thermonuclear destruction. It will all end in tears should cooler minds fail to prevail.

www.gov.uk...
edit on 24-4-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was chatting to someone who grew up and lived in Russia who subsequently left Russia for good after Yeltsin came into power. Left at the right time I think. Anyway during the chat it transpired that friends and relatives still living in Russia have noticed over the past several years increasing paranoia in Russia, for example, some boffin was giving a lecturer in Russia about the environment and the state owned tv company doing the filming had one of their presenters ask the boffin what did he think of the USA polluting nearby rivers. The Boffin fell out of his chair at this question as he knew this was simply not the case at all. But he was alarmed and amazed to find it was a serious question. Also what perhaps is not well known is the fact that if you want to visit Russia to see friends and relatives and you were previously a Russian national then you need to reapply for Russian statehood again otherwise it is a no no.

So it works both ways and perhaps might explain/provide a bit of background to the current crisis in Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Russia still harbours a tremendous respect towards Great Britain considering without the Atlantic convoys which were indeed a lifeline to both her military and citizens during the second world war Nazi Germany would quite possibly have steamed right over the top of her. So hopefully this is all just posturing after all would they really be silly enough to bite the hand that kept them in the fight?

They would be better off testing the mettle of some other poor nation that does not have the capability to blanket their country with thermonuclear destruction. It will all end in tears should cooler minds fail to prevail.

www.gov.uk...

Very valid point about the Artic convoys during WW2. Not the easiest of duties to bear in the harsh artic conditions. And the men that served have for many years been forgotten. A forgotten part of WW2.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I just wish these guys would stop acting like children.

We don't need another war, we are supposed to have moved far away from 'wars'... we are all trading with one another now and its only the Leaders/Rulers who want a war and of course the Army personnel (who are being told what to do).

I agree! I had hoped with the end of Cold War 1 that swords would be turned into ploughshares. We still need a military for disasters and terrorist incidents of course but now Cold War 2.0 is underway, sadly it seems that the military are once again facing the prospect of becoming cannon fodder on some politicians sand pit or map of war.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Maybe its just putins way of showing us he will protect us in the event America does anything stupid. Because lets be honest, if it kickd off between the U.S and Russia, the UK is beyond screwed.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Montgomery? LOL. A political hack. Badly out 'generaled' by Patton and Rommel....

As to the post, well, the only reason Putin doesn't violate your airspace is due to the U.S..

You'd be multilingual if not for the U.S....German then Russian...decades ago.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

You'd be multilingual if not for the U.S

Please read this thank you.

Battle of Britain

By preventing Germany from gaining air superiority, the battle ended the threat that Hitler would launch Operation Sea Lion, an amphibious and airborne invasion of Britain. The failure of Germany to achieve its objectives of destroying Britain's air defences, or forcing Britain to negotiate an armistice or an outright surrender, is considered its first major defeat and a crucial turning point in the Second World War

Hmmm 1940, was America involved yet at that point or were they still openly trading with Nazi Germany?, hmm cant remember. Most of those Germans planes shot down were probably built with American parts.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
"The Scots have never really been privy to such madness"

Uhm... I disagree very strongly. The Scots had a very large role in running and setting up the British Empire. Many of the soldiers, engineers, traders, were Scots.

And the Scots have always been very well represented in Westminster. Look at how many Scottish PMs and Cabinet Members we've had over the years.

The British are very good at drafting people from any place that doe business with them to handle dirty work... I'd say America for all it's might is in many ways a part of the British Empire still to this day. It doesn't mean the average American or Scot in this case sees it that way or is desirous of that.

I'd offer that left alone to it without the politics of London you'd never hear the term American Empire and definitively nowhere on my Google search when I search empire is there ever a map of Scottish territories stretching across... well not even to France or Amsterdam lol

All i'm saying is, some cultures innately see the futility of empire building

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: alldaylong

Montgomery? LOL. A political hack. Badly out 'generaled' by Patton and Rommel....

As to the post, well, the only reason Putin doesn't violate your airspace is due to the U.S..

You'd be multilingual if not for the U.S....German then Russian...decades ago.

If i didn't think you where trying to be serious i would have thought you where a comedian. For a start there is no such word as " generaled" .

At The Battle Of The Bulge Patton was getting his arse kicked until Montgomery showed him how it should be dome.

Montgomery drove Rommel out of North Africa., you might have missed that one. Oh the Yanks weren't around in that skirmish where they?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join