It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets and Ship Taunting The UK!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think Scotland should reconsider it's desire to seek independence from the UK. The Russians are playing catch me if you can near British airspace and territorial waters off Scotland

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is all harks back to the Cold War days when Russians regularly buzzed UK airspace. I really do think people need to seriously consider the sanity of Putin. Seriously. He is showing all the hallmarks of having flipped to be honest with his visions of restoring the USSR. I never did like him but now I am seriously concerned his behaviour is dangerously out of control. He could seriously trigger an even greater crisis than we already face. Personally I do think we are facing a crisis not seen since Cuba 1962.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Putin wants a fight. The rest of the world would do well to let him dig his own grave as opposed to responding.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

pretty sure we got a handful of cowboys that wanna see the same escalation. I'm pretty sure this one is set in stone already and we all need to get ready for the booms. idk where or when or how it will all be explained but war will happen before too many more grey hairs show up in my beard, i can feel it.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
From the source:

He said: "The aircraft were subsequently identified as Russian military aircraft. The Russian military aircraft remained in international airspace at all times as they are perfectly entitled to do so.

The spokesman added that Russian military flights have never entered UK sovereign airspace without authorisation.

I guess the news here is that Russians have never violated UK airspace.
Propaganda to instill fear is runing as it should, as this thread from our spooked member is first hand proof.
Mate, chill out, the elders are playing children's games.
edit on 23-4-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Nothing new really, they just want to come close enough that we have to respond and it gives them timing information on our response times and an independent Scotland would be a member of NATO so will be protected by everyone else.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Putin wants a fight. The rest of the world would do well to let him dig his own grave as opposed to responding.

I agree. BUT Putin seems to becoming more and more aggressive as time goes on making it impossible for the world to ignore him. This I think is the problem. I think Putin would dig his own grave if he did invade Ukraine and the Ukrainians gave him a bloody nose without NATO intervention. Russian soldiers going home in body bags by the hundreds will not go down well with the Russian people. In fact it might even wake up the Russian people to just who they have in power at the Kremlin and might even spark another Russian Revolution. I feel sorry for Russia as it has never known real democracy.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
From the source:

He said: "The aircraft were subsequently identified as Russian military aircraft. The Russian military aircraft remained in international airspace at all times as they are perfectly entitled to do so.

The spokesman added that Russian military flights have never entered UK sovereign airspace without authorisation.

I guess the news here is that Russians have never violated UK airspace.
Propaganda to instill fear is runing as it should, as this thread from our spooked member is first hand proof.
Mate, chill out, the elders are playing children's games.

I am not spooked out as such. Russia wont start bombing the UK anytime soon. Not unless a fully fledged nuclear war breaks out. I am concerned however that Putin's behaviour is getting well out of hand. Remove Putin and I think things will calm down with someone more pragmatic and less dictatorial in charge.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Why should Scotland reconsider? it's a win-win, it's not like the UK could sit back and just let Russian troops land in Scotland if there was a war, Govt is mainly about self governance of people... but when you share an Island Invasion is a whole other story... Likewise IF it came to blows of the Missile variety as a separate entity the Russians might likely in fact opt to not Nuke Scotland, that would be a case of "Great, free from one oppressive overlord just to fall prey to another" but you'd be alive and realistically Russia at 137 million population can't really physically maintain any kind of demographic dominance at a distance, it would remain Scotland.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Putin knows the game and plays it to the letter, the bombers stay in international space just the same as i'm sure the US ones do near Russian space, the bear is waking up but its not stupid enough to try anything mental, and if the old cold war is anything to go by the sales of playboy will go up as both sides show them when buzzed by local fighters

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

pretty sure we got a handful of cowboys that wanna see the same escalation. I'm pretty sure this one is set in stone already and we all need to get ready for the booms. idk where or when or how it will all be explained but war will happen before too many more grey hairs show up in my beard, i can feel it.

Indeed. It is one of the reasons I did a first aid course and I shall now be building up food and water supplies and be putting together a survival pack. I don't think I am over reacting by doing this. Better to be prepared than be sorry.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If and when Russia does something all the haters will cry to the evil empire aka the USA.

Maybe the USA should say KMA.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

Why should Scotland reconsider? it's a win-win, it's not like the UK could sit back and just let Russian troops land in Scotland if there was a war, Govt is mainly about self governance of people... but when you share an Island Invasion is a whole other story... Likewise IF it came to blows of the Missile variety as a separate entity the Russians might likely in fact opt to not Nuke Scotland, that would be a case of "Great, free from one oppressive overlord just to fall prey to another" but you'd be alive and realistically Russia at 137 million population can't really physically maintain any kind of demographic dominance at a distance, it would remain Scotland.

I think if it came to the Big Bang and nukes are used then Scotland WILL be hit and hit hard. There is a nuclear sub base in Scotland and it is no secret that Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen would be nuked. Perhaps Inverness too. Scotland would be a nuclear wasteland. Scotland does not have it's own army, navy or air force and if it got independence would not be a member of NATO so there would be no legal reason to come to it's defence, although I am sure in reality the rest of the UK would. It would be the polite thing to do!

link   

pretty standard propaganda by the state owned bbc.
more scare mongering i feel to put the ruskies in a bad light
no breach of our airspace so a bit of a non story IMO

link   
Scotland would not be saved.... Period
It would be hit first.
I used to live a few miles form the Clyde submarine base.

That is target No1 in the UK.
edit on Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:04:52 -0500044America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Scotland would not be saved.... Period
It would be hit first.
I used to live a few miles form the Clyde submarine base.

That is target No1 in the UK.

Agreed! Unfortunately this is the cold hard reality

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
If and when Russia does something all the haters will cry to the evil empire aka the USA.

Get the USA involved and we are all dead.
No thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thats not taunting.

Thats ferreting - and its nothing new.

It happened every single day from the mid 50's to 1990, took a break for 10 years when the cold war ended and then started again.

The BBC recycles such stories on slow news days. Now that David Moyes has been sacked they need something sensationalist to use as a headline.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: minusinfinity

Get the USA involved and we are all dead.
No thanks.

right. we need some world thinkers on this one. if we could come up with an enemy for us all to go fight together that would work. get the war economy and world peace at the same time.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm sure this happened already 6 months ago.

At the end of the day bombers are supposed to bomb stuff and the practicing of a strike like this isn't at all new, the UK has done it before.

I would think that having no Russian bombers probe the airspace now and then would be more abnormal than not having them over. The whether the fly boys are Russian or English it probably makes their day a bit more interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Those Typhoons are more than able to take care of any Bears that care to chance there paw!

en.wikipedia.org... There's.

en.wikipedia.org... Ours.

edit on 23-4-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join