It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets and Ship Taunting The UK!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bellor

Yes, yes, the "Battle of Britain". No need to read it. It's mentioned by Brits on a daily basis since '45.

A wonderful feat...largely due to the "accidental" bombing of Berlin by the RAF and Goring's bruised ego changing his air tactics in response.

Yes. It stopped the invasion. However, it and of itself would not and did not win the war. Lend-lease, et al, allowed supplies to reach the Island without which, and perhaps even with, you would have eventually been starved/strangled into capitulation.

That ugly truth is omitted in your version of history. No U.S.? Auf Wiedersehen Great Britain....

edit on 24-4-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

I see there is no holding you back is there? Still spouting your same old rubbish.
If you dislike the British Empire so much, why are you living in a country that is a product of said empire? Why not pack your bags and bugger off back to either Ireland or Scotland, where i am sure you would feel more at home.
Also, why are you using the English language? Our language is part of that evil empire you spout on about. Why not use The Gaelic language? I am sure you would be happier doing so. However by doing so, not too many people would have the pleasure of having a good laugh at your ramblings, as they wouldn't understand what you are saying. Yet again they maybe to their advantage.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Yes, yes, the "Battle of Britain". No need to read it. It's mentioned by Brits on a daily basis since '45.

A wonderful feat...largely due to the "accidental" bombing of Berlin by the RAF and Goring's bruised ego changing his air tactics in response.

Yes. It stopped the invasion. However, it and of itself would not and did not win the war. Lend-lease, et al, allowed supplies to reach the Island without which, and perhaps even with, you would have eventually been starved/strangled into capitulation.

That ugly truth is omitted in your version of history. No U.S.? Auf Wiedersehen Great Britain....

I don't want this thread to go off topic as we are discussing Russia and the cat and mouse games near UK airspace. But I have to take umbridge on your comments. Britain did have it's losses such as Dunkirk but that was turned around in our favour to a large extent with the evacuation of thousands of troops. Britain did recover the enigma machine and crack the Enigma Code. Not the Americans as Hollywood would have people believe. And Britain held out on it's own until the Americans came into the war in 1942. Anyway would be happy to discuss WW2 in another thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Very true but we more than have the capability to return the favour, thats what our subs are for, and they are very capable, possibly the best, certainly the quietest!

After all it's still a M.A.D world.

edit on 24-4-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Yes, yes, the "Battle of Britain". No need to read it

Oh right, so basicaly you dont know what your talking about. Ok, cheers for confirming that now rather than later.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: batcrapcrazy

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Putin wants a fight. The rest of the world would do well to let him dig his own grave as opposed to responding.

sounds like the same thinking in the upstart to WW2 and Hitler. After all he only wanted back what was his in the begining

The very same thought went through my mind while reading that.Europe hoped that Hitler's tantrum would subside.Obviously,it didn't.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: terriblyvexed

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: minusinfinity
If and when Russia does something all the haters will cry to the evil empire aka the USA.

Maybe the USA should say KMA.

Get the USA involved and we are all dead.
No thanks.

And have you seen the news? We're involved.

When did the shooting start between The Yanks and the Ruskie's ? I must have missed that.
Can you point me to an appropriate link to show this?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

LOL, yes, no such word. The idea does communicate, however. Let's see.

A ten to one ratio in troops, tanks, material. Total air superiority and above all, the German codes broken from El Alamein onward.

Monty's doing? That's a hoot. Margaret Thatcher would have done a better job.

Let see the battle of the Bulge..well Patton was "first responder" . He turned his 3rd Army northward and attacked the German flank. The help from British forces was later. Monty did NOT save Patton, but he did "help" the overall counterattack....later....again.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Putin is not going to stop... He has calculated that Europe/America
are (and reasonably), do not want to go to war with Russia.

He knows that war between Russia and the West cold mean the destruction of everything.
he knows we fear that..and is using that fear to his advantage.

As Putin has no checks and balances to guide his way, he can do as he see's fit and keep pushing the boundaries.. all the while watching to see how much reaction he is getting from the West.

He will not stop until he is confronted with a brick wall and a resolve not to let him climb over it.

I believe that given the chance Putin will come for The old Soviet Union borders.

Time to get the armies back into Germany and lose our fear of the Russians.

They die too if they want a war

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

What language does America predominantly speak(for the time being anyway)?

That's right, English! Wonder why that is? Same crap different continent.

edit on 24-4-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We dont know what US is doing to Russians!
US has always used stealth planes to fly over Russians.

sighs. you only believe US.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

A ten to one ratio in troops, tanks, material. Total air superiority and above all, the German codes broken from El Alamein onward.

Let see the battle of the Bulge..well Patton was "first responder" . He turned his 3rd Army northward and attacked the German flank. The help from British forces was later. Monty did NOT save Patton, but he did "help" the overall counterattack....later....again.

There are to versions of world history.

1) The American version

2) The real version.

I see you use the former.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

1) The American version

2) The real version.

i think you mean "Two Versions".

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I see there is no holding you back is there? Still spouting your same old rubbish.
If you dislike the British Empire so much, why are you living in a country that is a product of said empire? Why not pack your bags and bugger off back to either Ireland or Scotland, where i am sure you would feel more at home.
Also, why are you using the English language? Our language is part of that evil empire you spout on about. Why not use The Gaelic language? I am sure you would be happier doing so. However by doing so, not too many people would have the pleasure of having a good laugh at your ramblings, as they wouldn't understand what you are saying. Yet again they maybe to their advantage.

See, that's the sheer ARROGANCE I don't actually like. Not individual people or some such nonsense.

"A product of said empire" you say?

I showed the demographics clearly, British ancestory in this country is a scant 9%, Hispanic 17% we are (by that silly theory) more a product of Spain, More a product of Ireland, More a product of Germany... you somehow however within the body politic seem to feel that we are something ranging from your property to colonies still when realistically by number even Asians are going to outclass you as members of our society by population and certainly already surpass you by economic contribution... and even the British descendants that live here, well, most of them ran away from you as I recall for something they hoped they could call freedom and then at least tried to kick you out when you INSISTED you owned the place.

I really don't find this topic personal between me or your average brit, truly wasn't in the best of spirits that day, so I beg your pardon and wish for no harsh words. Nor do I want to think of Britain as an enemy, make friends where ever you can find them is my spirit.

BUT, a Eurocentric policy for America is Dated, it doesn't properly reflect our economic interests, our changing demographics and yes... for whatever reason, Britain as a nation seems to still feel in particular it has claims to us, the fact that every President who doesn't get killed seems to be related to the throne and has a strangle hold hasn't been funny since Kennedy nor is thinking of ourselves as a Western Nation instead of a global Nation which is what we really are.

I realize the treatment of Britain by actual priority would be very grave for Britain indeed because in actuality WE are the super power. But the Sex Pistols had it down decades ago... your just another country and if what I say wasn't true, stating that fact wouldn't be so offensive.

And then leaving Britain behind let me say simply this.

At 43, I have learned there are always people you call friends that when you become successful wish to feed off you, it's hard to do, but the proper thing to do is to NOT pay peoples rent at your own expense. I say the following not at you, your nation but rather the whole of Europe:

Your GDP is 16 Trillion US, Russia's is 2 Trillion US, Your population is 711,000,000 vs Russia's 127,000,000 .... Russia does not have a chance if you are willing to spend your own money and buy... so please, we Love you, but just pay your own God damned rent and build a fence because there is a Bear in your backyard not ours, it is grotesque that we spend over a Trillion Yearly and make enemies with people who would never bother with us, spill our blood, pay our own health care, have weaker schools and less infrastructure in many cases to economically badger a Bear for you when realistically much of Europe has socialized everything and one month vacations and higher pay rates than we do...

I don't hate Europe lol, Your just living large on our dime since WW2... If you want an Empire, don't use us as slaves, build the god damned Royal navy up to 12 Carrier Battle groups like we do, show us that stiff upper lip once again, bite the economic bullet and get your people to bear the burden, surely as a whole the EU could do it, you have 2.3x as many tax payers as we do...

edit on 24-4-2014 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Bloody typo

1) The American version

2) The real version.

i think you mean "Two Versions".

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss
Enigma was a great job! No doubt. Agreed re discussing this on another thread. P.M. Me when your so inclined.

I did notice, however, your not mentioning my rebut points. That awards me the opening score

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

See, that's the sheer ARROGANCE I don't actually like. Not individual people or some such nonsense.

I showed the demographics clearly, British ancestory in this country is a scant 9%, Hispanic 17% we are (by that silly theory) more a product of Spain, More a product of Ireland, More a product of Germany... you somehow however within the body politic seem to feel that we are something ranging from your property to colonies still when realistically by number even Asians are going to outclass you as members of our society by population and certainly already surpass you by economic contribution... and even the British descendants that live here, well, most of them ran away from you as I recall for something they hoped they could call freedom and then at least tried to kick you out when you INSISTED you owned the place.

I really don't find this topic personal between me or your average brit, truly wasn't in the best of spirits that day, so I beg your pardon and wish for no harsh words. Nor do I want to think of Britain as an enemy, make friends where ever you can find them is my spirit.

BUT, a Eurocentric policy for America is Dated, it doesn't properly reflect our economic interests, our changing demographics and yes... for whatever reason, Britain as a nation seems to still feel in particular it has claims to us, the fact that every President who doesn't get killed seems to be related to the throne and has a strangle hold hasn't been funny since Kennedy nor is thinking of ourselves as a Western Nation instead of a global Nation which is what we really are.

I realize the treatment of Britain by actual priority would be very grave for Britain indeed because in actuality WE are the super power. But the Sex Pistols had it down decades ago... your just another country and if what I say wasn't true, stating that fact wouldn't be so offensive.

At 43, I have learned there are always people you call friends that when you become successful wish to feed off you, it's hard to do, but the proper thing to do is to NOT pay peoples rent at your own expense. I say the following not at you, your nation but rather the whole of Europe:

Your GDP is 16 Trillion US, Russia's is 2 Trillion US, Your population is 711,000,000 vs Russia's 127,000,000 .... Russia does not have a chance if you are willing to spend your own money and buy... so please, we Love you, but just pay your own God damned rent and build a fence because there is a Bear in your backyard not ours, it is grotesque that we spend over a Trillion Yearly and make enemies with people who would never bother with us, spill our blood, pay our own health care, have weaker schools and less infrastructure in many cases to economically badger a Bear for you when realistically much of Europe has socialized everything and one month vacations and higher pay rates than we do...

I don't hate Europe lol, Your just living large on our dime since WW2... If you want an Empire, don't use us as slaves, build the god damned Royal navy up to 12 Carrier Battle groups like we do, show us that stiff upper lip once again, bite the economic bullet and get your people to bear the burden, surely as a whole the EU could do it, you have 2.3x as many tax payers as we do...

If The US was a product of Spain it would be another version of Central and South America. Broke up into a dozen independent third world countries

Do you know why The US flag has 13 stripes upon it? The answer will give you a clue as to why The US is a British made product.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Bravo!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Actually, in this case, I cite Sir Winston Churchill. "The will go down as the greatest American victory of the war".

In case you missed it, it was referring to the Battle of the Bulge.....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

If The US was a product of Spain it would be another version of Central and South America. Broke up into a dozen independent third world countries

Do you know why The US flag has 13 stripes upon it? The answer will give you a clue as to why The US is a British made product.

And that statement my friend is why I no longer wish to do business with you.

Children leave the nest, you don't get to own them and certainly parents should not expect children to subsidize them for life, that's kind of crappy parenting. Usually it's the other way around.

And btw, that's really racist in regards to the spanish

Come on, the last war you fought on your own was the Falkland islands, if your that concerned about Ukraine then at least hit a draft of your own before you ask us to fight alongside, exhaust your other options, tap your own national credit rating (you run the companies that provide those loans anyway)

What is this thread even about, egging it on while our cowboys take the bait?

The Russians are Taunting us...

Someone is always taunting you guys, you have your noses into everything...

look... you've been "taunted" or centuries...

edit on 24-4-2014 by criticalhit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join