It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to survive in America with NO guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

MrWendal

So you may not own a firearm, but I do. I own one not so much for protecting material possessions. That can be replaced. I own one to protect myself and my loved ones. Stuff can be replaced. People can't. These days criminals, thugs, gang bangers, have done things to people for no other reason than a thrill. Recently there was a student in Arizona who was killed by two other men while cycling. The reason? They claim they did it for the thrill. They wanted to know what it was like to kill another human being. Not for his possessions. Not for his opinions. Not because he did anything wrong. They just wanted to.

That is something you can not prepare for. You can deprive yourself of any possessions you want and it will not prevent a situation such as I have described. Sadly it is happening more and more these days.

Unfortunately there is no way to protect yourself in that type of scenario, sad as it might be. In the area where I live, we have had 13 vehicles shot at in the last month, with three people being wounded, fortunately no one has lost their life. While I do not think guns are the problem, they are not the answer either.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I make ugly daughters and they don't get raped.

I grew up close to Detroit and I actually liked it, of course this was in the 80's. When I decided to have a family I knew I didn't want to raise my kids there. I got out. Violence happens everywhere but it sure seems to happen more in the cities.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well first the OP said Detroit... How about moving?

One of my neighbors is a British family and they say that they hates guns but they also say if trouble happened they would come to my house...

So their best way to survive without guns is to have neighbors with them...

BTW I do not want to live like OP....

edit on 7-4-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

You may want to stock up on some good drugs, sounds like you need some KIND of HELP!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have a similar philosophy. I am, however, getting training for a concealed carry permit ASAP.

You might look like you have nothing, but there's always going to be somebody that has less.

There's always going to be a crackhead that will gladly stab you over that leftover pizza or the two dollars you do have in your pocket.

There's always going to be that loon that wants to kill you because you looked at him wrong, or you're the wrong skin color, or you're wearing the wrong color shirt.

There's always going to be that predator that wants to ravage and rape your wife or children simply for the pure thrill of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Oh my god, you don't have all that "fancy" stuff, how could you be happy

That's the mindset these days, my guess is you have a loving family and don't need all that fancy stuff...

We live a sober lifestyle, we have enough with each other.

All I can see around me are unhappy couples with nice shiny new cars and high tech phones etc...
Working there buts off for stuff that is'nt even theres (bank).
We are more happy with this life style, we own nothing to anybody .

As for protection, I have a compoundbow in case of an emergency (damn conspiracy forum :p) also I'm always been into knives and won't leave the house without one, but that's just as a usertool/habit...
I do live in a "gun free" country...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

If that's the tone you take in person I would suggest you purchase a firearm forthwith.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Guns are an investment, besides gold and silver they are right up there at the top of my list. I have a right to purchase them and of course ammo is better than gold. Because without ammo, how good are your guns? I choose to invest in guns, ammo, coffee, tobacco and whiskey and I would just bet, you'd be the first to come banging on my front door

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

if you look like your avatar I will be the first one knocking at your door.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I have around 30 guns, and I sleep comfortably every night in my lavish house

You're much more likely to have someone accidentally shoot you with your guns than ever actually protect anything with them.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Sorry man I want MY stuff and I got friends who can't fight so I cover them too I guess.
I would like to say what a FREEDOM is walking around being a big goon with a hyper creative brain,trained as an army scout(The creative part bothered some in service)and being an EXPERTshot(of course). .
I'll own what I want, you want it ,come get it. I'll make it quick because I hate suffering,head shots ONLY.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
There are many alternatives :pepper spray,landmines,rockets ...etc

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The comparisons you make aren't making any sense to me.... The people with guns have nice things. The people without guns have nothing... Maybe you don't have a gun because you can't afford a gun?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 3u40r15m

Yes they are a costly habit. And some think they make their owners psychotic.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm a gun owning liberal. I love guns. I give them out to the homeless.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Come live in england.

You can have nice things and not own a gun.

Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

While I agree with your sentiment about idiots and guns, I have to say that walking around dressed 'like a bum' and depriving yourself of any nice things just because of fear is sad.
If you had decided to live like that for spiritual or ethical reasons or because you gave all your money to charity then that would be commendable but to do all of that just so you do not stand out and wont get robbed is quite frankly shocking and depressing.
Move to Canada or something, sheesh.
I am completely anti gun, but the way you are living is not healthy and not clever either

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

crazyewok

Come live in england.

Problem solved.

Well, I guess that counts for the rest of europe, too. Don't have a gun, don't know anyone who has a gun. We don't need them.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

crazyewok

Come live in england.

Problem solved.

Thanks for the invite. I love England.

Though, we have everything we want.

If we started buying gadgets and fancy doohickeys, we would no longer be the people we naturally are.

A lot of people in this thread think we are sacrificing so much.

We are sacrificing nothing.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Now all I have to do is care what you think.

And yes, I am growing very bitter.

However, look at my current mood.

Calm.

I am always calm, despite your weak interpretation of my written word.

Even now, I am calm.

Just being honest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join