It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to survive in America with NO guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Guns...

As an American I have lived my whole life surrounded by idiots with...

Guns...

I grew up in Detroit, Michigan.

Detroit is filled to the brim with idiots with guns. Crime is so out of control here, there are several neighborhoods the police (we call them "da hook") NEVER patrol.

But, I hate guns. How do I survive?

Quite easily...

Stop having things of value.

I dress like a bum. I walk everywhere.

I have a wife and 2 kids. Our house has less than $500 worth of stuff in it, and everyone knows. We got a cellphone and a few old video game systems. Every single one of my neighbors have nice cars, sat dish, flat screens, laptops and all that other crap.

They are the ones with guns, and in this city, they have put their families in danger...

So they can have all those toys.

If you wish to protect your family...

STOP MAKING THEM TARGETS!!!!

As an added bonus, your family will be much closer to each other without all the distractions, and your children will be smarter.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't keep a gun either, but I have multiple dogs, a bow, plenty of edged weapons and other less track-able and noisy items.

But, here is where I disagree. I'll be damned if i'll let animals reduce my quality of life to not building it as i'd like.

"Don't have things" well... at that point let the games begin because i've been reduced to post modern caveman and I might as well return the favor to the scum that caused that and act like one...

and the other way i survive

Don't live in Detroit lol... what are you nuts?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What a sad way to have to live.

If you had a gun you could sell it. Get your family some freaking furniture...just an option.

link   
reply to post by criticalhit

Me and my family enjoy our lives.

See what you did?

If I don't have an iPad, I'm a caveman.

LOL

link   

This is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

I live in West Dearborn in the Detroit area. I carry 2 with me everyday, everywhere my license will allow.

To someone that DOESNT have a house like you and the $500 of stuff in it,,,yours looks like a mansion to "them that aint got".

Protect you and yours...'doesnt have to be a firearm...but protect your family somehow. Dont be foolish.....

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So your sacrificing your quality of life in exchange for your "protection" from crime? Remember, just becauese you dont have a gun, does not mean that others do not as well. I personally would prefer to be able to protect myself and my family, instead of holding on to a belief of a "hatred" for an object. Age old saying, guns dont kill people, idiots with guns kill people.
EDIT: By the way, I have seen plenty of homeless people become the victims of violent crime, so your belief that because people may think your homeless, will protect you from crime is just absurd in my completely unprofessional opinion.
edit on 7-4-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

We have furniture lol

Tell someone you don't have a flat screen and they think of you living in a mud hut.

Next idiotic reply?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

thesmokingman
So your sacrificing your quality of life in exchange for your "protection" from crime? Remember, just becauese you dont have a gun, does not mean that others do not as well. I personally would prefer to be able to protect myself and my family, instead of holding on to a belief of a "hatred" for an object. Age old saying, guns dont kill people, idiots with guns kill people.

Sacrificing?

Lmao

We have everything needed.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Learn to read.

All of you.

Not one intelligent reply.

Sad.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You do understand of course that you are letting criminals dictate how you live.
That means they in fact control your life.
by acquiescing to the savage state of affairs in your locale you have in fact given crime in your mind a free pass.
Get a gun and shoot a bad guy ,make the world a better place

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

I live in West Dearborn in the Detroit area. I carry 2 with me everyday, everywhere my license will allow.

To someone that DOESNT have a house like you and the $500 of stuff in it,,,yours looks like a mansion to "them that aint got".

Protect you and yours...'doesnt have to be a firearm...but protect your family somehow. Dont be foolish.....

What he doesn't understand is that he is just a statistic like all of us. When some drug crazed gunman running from the cops decides to seek shelter in his home which cannot be defended their is a high probability that his statistic can go from living to deceased.

If I have no choice being a statistic myself I can only hope I can make that bast# one as well. I owe that to my family.

EDIT:You need to tone it down buddy we are all adults here...come on now.
edit on 4/7/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The Commandant of the Marine Corps doesn't have a flat screen T.V.

But, you're views and and reasoning are not reasonable.

Caveman...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this is an anti gun thread/rant or more a pro poverty/anti modern convenients thread.

Hey, I'm all for living the bohemian lifestyle.

Sits on floor, crosses legs.

Feels very 'Japanese' to me

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Interesting take on firearm ownership. I live in a very safe area and I still own a number of them. I don't like cleaning them though and I certainly don't like wasting my time and money destroying things for entertainment.

For those that treat lethal force as a religion? When you pray for a better world, be sure to face the single dark eye.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

applesthateatpeople
Guns...

As an American I have lived my whole life surrounded by idiots with...

Guns...

I grew up in Detroit, Michigan.

Detroit is filled to the brim with idiots with guns. Crime is so out of control here, there are several neighborhoods the police (we call them "da hook") NEVER patrol.

But, I hate guns. How do I survive?

Quite easily...

Stop having things of value.

I dress like a bum. I walk everywhere.

I have a wife and 2 kids. Our house has less than $500 worth of stuff in it, and everyone knows. We got a cellphone and a few old video game systems. Every single one of my neighbors have nice cars, sat dish, flat screens, laptops and all that other crap.

They are the ones with guns, and in this city, they have put their families in danger...

So they can have all those toys.

If you wish to protect your family...

STOP MAKING THEM TARGETS!!!!

As an added bonus, your family will be much closer to each other without all the distractions, and your children will be smarter.

Glad to see that the sheep are embracing the idea of forever being victims. I have around 30 guns, and I sleep comfortably every night in my lavish house that I have worked my butt off for knowing that me and my family are safe thanks to the 10mm glock sitting loaded on my nightstand. Good luck "surviving", I'll enjoy my life "flourishing".

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You don't value your wife and kids?

If you don't want to have valuables, or the ability to protect them, that's great for you. Just don't impead on my ability to do what you fear!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

applesthateatpeople

Learn to read.

All of you.

Sad.

Enough said, too damn bad your weren't intelligent enough to disguise your agenda a little better!!!

The part of your home not having more than $500 dollars of valuables was pretty much the dead giveaway to me! I do appreciate the reply you made that I am replying to though, to confirm my original suspicion!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

This is how we have always lived.

I only discovered recently that our lack of want and greed was protecting us.

So, I shared it with the star-whores of ATS.

You're welcome.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

applesthateatpeople

Learn to read.

All of you.

Sad.

Yours is the attitude of a defeatest.

You are letting the lowest common denominator determine how you will live.

Personally, I prefer to dictate how I will live, based not on fear of what might be.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Its that simple, its akin to trading Liberty for saftey, which leads to nether.

In your house of sticks with no valuables, what will happen when some crack head bust in anyway thinking there might be a quick fix?

Will you shrug, gesture around, and say "see I am just as bad off as you!"

Will that be enough?

Or will all your efforts at giving up your liberty for safety be for nothing?

ETA:

I am assuming, the above was the heavy handed analogue the op was looking for, that or hes trolling.
edit on 7-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join