It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is a gift from God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have a solution. When a mother to be wishes to abort life for what ever reason she also should be extinguished .

It's only fair.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I stand by my post.

I feel that the artist was deliberately hating and baiting. She wanted to insult, impune.

I am anti-abortion, I am a Christian, I am insulted by this.

But she has a right to free speech. Some how, some where, some time, she'll probably have to take responsibility for her actions.

I'm not perfect nor am I God.

So it won't be up to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Trollsmustdie
I have a solution. When a mother to be wishes to abort life for what ever reason she also should be extinguished .

It's only fair.

Good idea. and when a politician wishes to destroy life through war, we should destroy that politician

Actually..that might not be a terrible idea...would certainly make diplomacy a bit more effective.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That's kind of a brash comparison no?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

SaturnFX

I mean, you are seeking a discussion on the matter at hand and not just a few like minded folks grumbling about how bad this is...right?

Sure.

Tell me how this is a good thing.

Convince me that abortion is a gift from God.

If they go to Heaven, then would you consider murder also a gift from God? Because those folks go to Heaven as well. Right?

Are you endorsing murder of anyone because they get to go to Heaven?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Next cop bashing thread I see I will defend the cop no matter how much in the wrong they were by saying he was doing gods work.
edit on 5-4-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

beezzer
But she has a right to free speech. Some how, some where, some time, she'll probably have to take responsibility for her actions.

I think she is taking responsibility..what with the big banners and all that. She doesn't seem to be hiding herself.

As far as what is said, that the doctors are heroes. Well, that's perspective overall, but desperate women whom can't get access to a safe abortion has been known to do all sorts of terrible, life endangering things. coathangers, strange drugs, beatings, etc etc etc. so, a doc simply facilitates a safe way to do a legal procedure.

Personally, I enjoy the more philosophical discussions on the subject..the discussion of what constitutes a person. life is not precious nor protected, so says my cheeseburger...but a person is..a conscious lifeform that has at least some self awareness. (yes, I have issues with killing certain animals that demonstrate self awareness also). My personal stance for the subject is choice, but personally I choose to have the little rugrats. kids are cool..so, I try to encourage those around me to have em...because even if they are a pain in the arse at the time, they do grow up and add value..especially my family, considering we are all ace.

But I don't judge a person who gets an abortion....not my job.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

edit on b20144America/Chicago75 by Bone75 because: Bad Joke

link   
reply to post by Trollsmustdie

Does a society have more of a right to kill a person, for whatever reason, than a single person?

link   

beezzer

SaturnFX

I mean, you are seeking a discussion on the matter at hand and not just a few like minded folks grumbling about how bad this is...right?

Sure.

Tell me how this is a good thing.

Convince me that abortion is a gift from God.

If they go to Heaven, then would you consider murder also a gift from God? Because those folks go to Heaven as well. Right?

Are you endorsing murder of anyone because they get to go to Heaven?

reread the first post I made in this thread..I already answered those questions.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

SaturnFX
Something I never could get past is the logic behind the anti-choice movement

If heaven is real
If babies auto-go to heaven
Then an abortion doctor is simply enabling a flawless entry into paradise without the potential corruption earth would give to the young soul...so, they are indeed doing gods work, right?

I mean, if the debate is all about deities and religion and stuff..then yes, lets use that to discuss the subject as you want.

Are babies sent to hell? yes or no
Is heaven a better place than earth? yes or no

You know what I find offensive? calling the people whom are pro-choice, pro-abortion. Nobody I met is cheerleading for the process, it is typically one of the hardest decision a woman has to make. Not some awesome fun thing to do for a Saturday.

--quick add for clarification-
I find the term pro-abortion to be intentionally offensive without being a proper term, I feel the same way about people on the other side of the fence using the term anti-choice. Both labels are improper use and are trying to get emotional responses moreso than reflect the actual position of the other side. (I am not above it. I have used the term anti-choice in debates(including this one, see the first line)..it is a touchy subject and people fly off into irrational and offensive tirades..although I later regret using the term as I know its disingenuous)

edit on 4-4-2014 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Hey bro . . . just curious, but you start your post off calling it the "anti-choice" movement and then proceed to claim you find it offensive.

Should I take this as you are attempting to be intentionally offensive to those whom are against abortion?

In addition you say you have never met someone cheering for abortion and yet this article is about an individual celebrating abortion as some sort of gift from a divine being, do you not consider that cheer leading?

What do you think of this person?

Thanks bra.

-FBB
edit on 5-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I don't think I would call her stuff art. It's just to antagonize the opposition and bait them.
She obviously isn't a Christian, with her statements and with her stance for abortion. I don't understand how anyone can call themselves a Christian and believe in murder.
edit on 4/5/2014 by mugger because: sp.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I feel so sorry for all the misguided women. I am not religious but I am spiritual and bottom line abortion is murder. I often ask people who are pro abortion if it would be murder if someone shot a pregnant women and the fetus died.

The stain abortion will leave on a soul can not be washed away. You could be the perfect person and still have this terrible stain of outright murder of an innocent who's only want is to live.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
is this the campus that cancelled that showing of the abuse of women movie?

anyway, it's NOT a gift from God.

children are.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
"This baby is an inconvenience to me. I'm gonna have a doctor take a pair of scissors and sever its spine."

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli

SaturnFX
Something I never could get past is the logic behind the anti-choice movement

If heaven is real
If babies auto-go to heaven
Then an abortion doctor is simply enabling a flawless entry into paradise without the potential corruption earth would give to the young soul...so, they are indeed doing gods work, right?

I mean, if the debate is all about deities and religion and stuff..then yes, lets use that to discuss the subject as you want.

Are babies sent to hell? yes or no
Is heaven a better place than earth? yes or no

You know what I find offensive? calling the people whom are pro-choice, pro-abortion. Nobody I met is cheerleading for the process, it is typically one of the hardest decision a woman has to make. Not some awesome fun thing to do for a Saturday.

I find the term pro-abortion to be intentionally offensive without being a proper term, I feel the same way about people on the other side of the fence using the term anti-choice. Both labels are improper use and are trying to get emotional responses moreso than reflect the actual position of the other side. (I am not above it. I have used the term anti-choice in debates(including this one, see the first line)..it is a touchy subject and people fly off into irrational and offensive tirades..although I later regret using the term as I know its disingenuous)

Hey bro . . . just curious, but you start your post off calling it the "anti-choice" movement and then proceed to claim you find it offensive.

You forgot to bold the bit where I pointed out how I used it...it is a natural counter to the overly emotional irrational term.

Should I take this as you are attempting to be intentionally offensive to those whom are against abortion?

Equal to ops

In addition you say you have never met someone cheering for abortion and yet this article is about an individual celebrating abortion as some sort of gift from a divine being, do you not consider that cheer leading?

Are they cheering for abortion, or abortion providers?
Are they cheering for self determination of woman, or for abortions?

What do you think of this person?

I think nothing about people I don't know, and damn sure won't form my opinion on a human being by a witchhunt misrepresented forum thread.

Thanks bra.

-FBB

no prob brah

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It's simple--Atheists just love to piss people off (namely Christians). They live for their hatred of what they don't understand.

To be fair, I don't know if this Ault character is an Atheist or not (and I won't waste the time to find out), but she certainly has the tactics and obvious motivation down pat. Couldn't help but notice it instantly. And (generalizing) hardcore repro-rights people tend to lean that way on the spiritual spectrum.

...and it shows.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Beeze...

In my heart I know this... one day the creator or spaghetti-monster or whatever will ask us how we feel about abortion... that answer will decide our individual fates. It brings me to tears...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
NVM

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

NthOther
It's simple--Atheists just love to piss people off (namely Christians). They live for their hatred of what they don't understand.

Yes...that is exactly what atheists do. its actually part of being an atheist: a disbelief in deities, and a commitment to trolling Christians. goes hand in hand.

To be fair,

unlikely, but go on...

I don't know if this Ault character is an Atheist or not (and I won't waste the time to find out),

Well, you have to check...she must drink the blood of the unborn, then toss feces at parents as written in the atheists bible...only way to be fully sure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join