It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is a gift from God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

A pro-abortion woman gave a lecture in January at the University of Michigan (supported by our tax dollars), for which the school paid $1,000. The woman’s talk was accompanied by an ongoing display of her so-called art collection, dubbed “4000 Years for Choice,” which consists of posters celebrating the fact that women may choose to have their unborn babies killed.

I don't want this to be a thread on abortion.

We've all been there, done that. Most of us are pretty familiar with where we all stand on the topic.

But this. This disgusts me.

Ault—whose display includes a poster that reads, “Abortion providers are heros [sic]!”—said the posters are about “reproductive empowerment, wisdom, and self-care” and “women’s deeply ingrained desire to control pregnancies for the good of ourselves, our relationships, and our families.”

I doubt this shocks many pro-lifers. Unfortunately, we’re used to it by now. What I’ll never get used to is the blasphemy. One of Ault’s poster’s declares, “Abortion is a gift from God.” We know she isn’t referring to the God of the Bible. Still, the mockery grates on me. It’s awful enough to defend “choice,” but to invoke the Creator and call killing vulnerable and voiceless children a gift from that Creator?

But why mock religion? Really? Do we have to hate on those that believe in God?

Lets keep the posts civil and polite, please. There's been a lot of hate lately, try to be nice.

*hugs*

beez

edit on 4-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It seems to me that, no matter what religion, what -ism, what anything... the most cruel, most senseless crimes are always comitted against the totally innocent in the name of progress... sickening.
edit on 4-4-2014 by madmac5150 because: ANGER

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

I'm all for free speech.

I'm also all for being responsible for what you say and display.

This woman will be held responsible for what she has done.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Apologies.

Linky

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by madmac5150

I'm all for free speech.

I'm also all for being responsible for what you say and display.

This woman will be held responsible for what she has done.

By a higher power (I think)... and I hope he/she is pissed when they meet...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Difficult to comment on the 'God' bit without knowing the context, but Heather Ault is an artist, so would be more interested in shocking people and inspiring debate than using well-thought out statements. Perhaps this was a mis-guided attempt at connecting with the anti-abortionists as many religious people are. It is a pretty silly statement to make though.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Something I never could get past is the logic behind the anti-choice movement

If heaven is real
If babies auto-go to heaven
Then an abortion doctor is simply enabling a flawless entry into paradise without the potential corruption earth would give to the young soul...so, they are indeed doing gods work, right?

I mean, if the debate is all about deities and religion and stuff..then yes, lets use that to discuss the subject as you want.

Are babies sent to hell? yes or no
Is heaven a better place than earth? yes or no

simple really
Now, once they are born, they start sinning and need to live long enough to redeem for their sins..murdering someone actually alive denies them their chance at salvation.

Anyhow, being honest here..answer the questions I posed with clear thought and not reactionary bile. Who knows, you may find something out about yourself in the process. (heh, and I got a bridge to sell ya)

You know what I find offensive? calling the people whom are pro-choice, pro-abortion. Nobody I met is cheerleading for the process, it is typically one of the hardest decision a woman has to make. Not some awesome fun thing to do for a Saturday.

--quick add for clarification-
I find the term pro-abortion to be intentionally offensive without being a proper term, I feel the same way about people on the other side of the fence using the term anti-choice. Both labels are improper use and are trying to get emotional responses moreso than reflect the actual position of the other side. (I am not above it. I have used the term anti-choice in debates(including this one, see the first line)..it is a touchy subject and people fly off into irrational and offensive tirades..although I later regret using the term as I know its disingenuous)

edit on 4-4-2014 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Just when you think people can't be any more disgusting.

I wish there was away to abort disgusting people like this from the earth.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Beezzer,

I'll tread lightly as I'm in no mood to get into the abortion topic either! [too much scothc...don't judge me]

I believe I understand the intent of the message - albeit sensationalist and shock 'n' awe worthy.

I believe the intent is that humans have the right to choose - not just abortion, but in everyday matters. The defense is likely, "God gave us the ability to choose and a brain to serve us in this endeavor."

I don't have the answers (I believe this is the point of the exercise). However, I also don't believe any human has the answer that applies to all mankind. This is the nature to "the mystery of Christ"....or Allah....or Buddha...etc.

Forgive me if I've offended - just trying to explore the topic with you.

Respectfully,

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

She actually had the nerve to use the cross in her image too, so we all know whose God she's referring to. Absolutely disgusting.

If Muhammad was insulted like that, Muslims would go full Jihad on some b!+ches.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You are free to believe what you want.

(I made a promise to some folks that I would behave a bit more. I had to rewrite this post three times)

Not going to let/allow your view to bait someone as explosive as I can be.

I'm simply providing a thread for people to comment on in Social Issues.

You are free to believe that abortion is a gift from God.

I would politely disagree with that assessment.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Being a Christian myself has no bearing whatsoever on my stance of abortion. Sure my stance may reside within the guidelines of my faith but my personal convictions dictate my beliefs.

I do see some exceptions when involving cases of child rape, parental incest and other tragedies equally as demented.

That being said murder is murder. Twist it how you want.

Now let me go watch a little tv riddled with animal abuse prevention commercials whilst indefensible children die in the name of choice.

Life is precious.......to me at least.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Bone75
reply to post by beezzer

She actually had the nerve to use the cross in her image too, so we all know whose God she's referring to. Absolutely disgusting.

If Muhammad was insulted like that, Muslims would go full Jihad on some b!+ches.

Muhammad is not a god, he is a prophet..like Moses
Just clarifying.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

jrflipjr
Beezzer,

I'll tread lightly as I'm in no mood to get into the abortion topic either! [too much scothc...don't judge me]

I believe I understand the intent of the message - albeit sensationalist and shock 'n' awe worthy.

I believe the intent is that humans have the right to choose - not just abortion, but in everyday matters. The defense is likely, "God gave us the ability to choose and a brain to serve us in this endeavor."

I don't have the answers (I believe this is the point of the exercise). However, I also don't believe any human has the answer that applies to all mankind. This is the nature to "the mystery of Christ"....or Allah....or Buddha...etc.

Forgive me if I've offended - just trying to explore the topic with you.

Respectfully,

God grants us all free will.

Abortion would be a result of a decision brought about by free will.

But free will includes murder.

So is murder a gift from God?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Bone75
reply to post by beezzer

She would never insult Islam. That would be wrong and rude and impolite and politically incorrect.

Christians?

Nail them to a cross!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't think the topic is about abortion being right or wrong, but how disgusting that people are by celebrating abortions.

Like you had said its a hard choice to make and it should never be celebrated.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Excellent wording. I don't know if I believe in heaven/hell, but if we have the concept of the soul correct, we can't penalize a woman in between a rock and a hard place. I could theorize the most awful scenario to make abortion sound okay, but nothing will change taking a life. If the babies go to heaven, awesome. If they go to their next life instead, well still awesome? I just can't imagine a human having that much personal impact on the spiritual world, it is just a part of their journey.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

beezzer

You are free to believe what you want.

(I made a promise to some folks that I would behave a bit more. I had to rewrite this post three times)

Not going to let/allow your view to bait someone as explosive as I can be.

I'm simply providing a thread for people to comment on in Social Issues.

You are free to believe that abortion is a gift from God.

I would politely disagree with that assessment.

and yet you wrote in your ops this

But why mock religion? Really? Do we have to hate on those that believe in God?

So, I brought in context in the exact subject and area within said subject. asked some simple questions to demonstrate that there is no actual mocking going on, and things aren't as black and white, and instead of using the opportunity to reflect thoughtfully on the questions and answer, you decide to become all passive aggressive and not answer at all?
how is that even a discussion?
I mean, you are seeking a discussion on the matter at hand and not just a few like minded folks grumbling about how bad this is...right?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

SaturnFX

Bone75
reply to post by beezzer

Muhammad is not a god, he is a prophet..like Moses
Just clarifying.

I was referring to my God... Jesus
Just clarifying.
Cheers.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

thesaneone

I don't think the topic is about abortion being right or wrong, but how disgusting that people are by celebrating abortions.

Like you had said its a hard choice to make and it should never be celebrated.

Which automatically makes it wrong then as a precondition to the answering of the question posed

This isn't about if X is wrong, just about how what they are doing about X considering its wrong!...

See the issue? It bypasses the main discussion which is required in order to give any genuine feedback on the topic at hand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join