It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion is a gift from God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

SaturnFX

beezzer
Obviously, you condone murder because murdered people go to Heaven.

As stated already:
Now, once they are born, they start sinning and need to live long enough to redeem for their sins..murdering someone actually alive denies them their chance at salvation. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Using conventional x-ian theological understanding.

This is why using the topic in any religious context is purely illogical..you have to actually have a poor understanding of Christianity and no actual consideration of its implications to use it.
Best when presenting the subject to simply use a humanistic stance...not a religious one.

Play word salad, I like champaign dressing on mine.

You are free to insult me on theological stance on the subject.

But I think it exposes your own insecurities on the issue.

But who am I to judge, right?

Judge not, lest ye be judged?

Please, by all mean, feel free to hate and justify it how ever you wish.

Your opinion on the subject has become meaningless.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

NthOther
Let's not forget that this was sponsored in part by the fruits of our labor. Our government is stealing our money and then using it to attack and provoke the people from whom they stole it.

What makes you think that first off?
No source was given, and the only place I can trace down that quote is on some unsourced religious site....aka, its probably a lie to get the folks all fist waving.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

SaturnFX

NthOther
Let's not forget that this was sponsored in part by the fruits of our labor. Our government is stealing our money and then using it to attack and provoke the people from whom they stole it.

No source was given, and the only place I can trace down that quote is on some unsourced religious site....aka, its probably a lie to get the folks all fist waving.

The University of Michigan derives its revenue from two primary sources aside from athletics: tax appropriation (some of which is federal) and tuition. Therefore, this little fiasco was funded in part (like I said) by us.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

beezzer
Play word salad, I like champaign dressing on mine.

You are free to insult me on theological stance on the subject.

But I think it exposes your own insecurities on the issue.

But who am I to judge, right?

Judge not, lest ye be judged?

Please, by all mean, feel free to hate and justify it how ever you wish.

Your opinion on the subject has become meaningless.

Yeah, alright jesus

I am actually quite secure, no word salad going on here, just showing that the approach to discuss abortion from a religious standpoint is silly at best.

Do you even know my opinion on the subject at hand? Probably not..gonna guess no. your too busy rallying the dullards and getting religostars that you are simply not reading any counter to the subject at hand you presented.

At least we have established your not using ATS to explore subjects...just justify your belief system and snarl at anyone whom poses questions of said beliefs.

Not sure what the point is.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

NthOther

SaturnFX

NthOther

The University of Michigan derives its revenue from two primary sources aside from athletics: tax appropriation (some of which is federal) and tuition. Therefore, this little fiasco was funded in part (like I said) by us.

Neat
So as I said, its unsourced...a religious website that does not link to anything..just take their word for it...see, they got a picture of big bold words over a sunset with a woman symbol on the word God, and some sort of bulls head symbol below...
Seems legit to me...after all, why would a pro-life website report on something absurd like that without any context unless it was fully for sure true.

Not saying it is absolutely a hoax story, just saying we are seeing one angle of the story from a very jaded source with no researched unbias reports it links to.

So, we discuss then not the story, but the general topic at hand..hense why I haven't been commenting on anything in specific about this (may be true, may not be) story.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

After reading the OP I figured this would turn out this way as well. I'm wondering what you think about this: how much would the abortion rate drop if we could develop a working male birth control? Very cheap, over the counter, male birth control.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I'd be open to any opinion that didn't include hate.

Would you be brave enough to embrace that option also?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Good idea. and when a politician wishes to destroy life through war, we should destroy that politician

Imagine that, if one is to kill, one is choosing to kill ones self also. Yay, that's a beauty of an idea.

Nothing like thinking twice before you act. Should get Bill Gates on that, he's all for depopulation.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I just hope we can all agree that this woman was rather distasteful in her approach. There are better ways to present/represent your views.

Offending people, even if they aren't Christian, only furthers the conflict of interests by people who can't oversee the offending person's faults ((faults being their disrespectful approach)). I wish the conflict of interest didn't boil down to childish arguments. The matter is so dire it shouldn't be in a position to be taken to a level of sophomoric attempts to rattle a group of people who disagree. That goes for both sides, as in, religious people don't need to play the "you're going to hell" card just as non-religious don't need to mock life. The point is people are suffering.. born and unborn.
edit on 5-4-2014 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

SaturnFX

Neat
So as I said, its unsourced...a religious website that does not link to anything..just take their word for it...see, they got a picture of big bold words over a sunset with a woman symbol on the word God, and some sort of bulls head symbol below...
Seems legit to me...after all, why would a pro-life website report on something absurd like that without any context unless it was fully for sure true.

Not saying it is absolutely a hoax story, just saying we are seeing one angle of the story from a very jaded source with no researched unbias reports it links to.

So, we discuss then not the story, but the general topic at hand..hense why I haven't been commenting on anything in specific about this (may be true, may not be) story.

Must I do all the work...

University of Michigan

Heather Ault

Doesn't mention the piece in question (that I saw), but it certainly lends credibility to the story.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

myartisstrong

After reading the OP I figured this would turn out this way as well. I'm wondering what you think about this: how much would the abortion rate drop if we could develop a working male birth control? Very cheap, over the counter, male birth control.

I wish that was a thing. it would certainly make things a lot easier.
Condoms are a nice idea, but..well, when I was young, I found it akin to wearing a raincoat into a swimming pool...so didn't use em much (stupid youth lead by the "other" brain)..but would have easily popped a pill.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Annoys me these "" Lefties '', are so Pro Abortion ,Pro Gay ,Pro Anti Gun ,Pro Animal Rights ,they ram evolution down our throats via the Media ,then say that all the animals are Holy and you cannot eat them or hurt them or sustainably use them humanely ,but its okay to shag yourself stupid with anyone you like ,and then have an Abortion as the ultimate cop out for your selfish, irresponsible behaviour ,when they are so Anti killing animals ! but its perfectly okay to kill your own kind ,but go off stupid, over whales ,elephants ,polar bears ,white sharks because they are Cute ,so Hypocritical ,you have this stinking selfish Feminist movement that just want everything their own way ,throw tantrums like spoilt brats when they dont get it ,demand it ,expect it, like the whole of society owns them a living and favour because they were born a woman ,just a spoilt good for nothing lot ,we dont owe you anything and its about time Men started being men and STOP putting up with their S..T, im fed up with them

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Does a society have more of a right to kill a person, for whatever reason, than a single person?
reply to post by twfau

No absolutely not. A person has no right to take someone else's life either. So I propose if they want to take life start with their own.

For the record I personally don't agree with any life being taken what so ever. Our life is a gift. Our body is not ours to do with as we please but a means, a vessel for living a life only, On loan so to speak. We have use of it until death.

the body returns to where it came from in every form of death. Ever if burnt it becomes ash that returns to the earth where it was formed from ( food, water the earth ). Some think they are entitled to more than they are.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

beezzer

I'd be open to any opinion that didn't include hate.

Would you be brave enough to embrace that option also?

I don't think I used any hate....I may be constantly poking my finger in your virtual ribs when we talk, but I actually do respect your way of discussing things. We -both- use words that belittle other viewpoints in debates, and even question each others motivations, but I actually quite like you as a person (well, from the non-political discussions I have seen you in) and you remind me exactly of my best friend in university
a uber ultra conservative I used to play D&D with...ahh the debates we used to get into...but we were also best friends..damn near inseparable. Don't be led into the idea that if you passionately disagree with someone, your somehow enemies. I find good arguments to be a potential foundation for kinship.

And your totally wrong in every way you think btw...but hey, my dog licks her privates...I don't judge her...but may avoid the face licking afterwards.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Trollsmustdie
Should get Bill Gates on that, he's all for depopulation.

He is for population reduction through contraception, better living, etc...I read the quotes, see his programs, he is trying to make the world a better place for overcrowded resource drained starving places.

lets not get onto that subject. I have no love for microsofts business practices (although it has kept me employed, so I don't have hate either for that matter)...but Bill seems like a ok kinda guy.

He gave away at one point almost his entire fortune to charity. I have trouble giving a buck at xmas to those bell people.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I own pets that do stupid things as well.

And I will forgive those that ignore truth.

But I won't spend an Irish dime discussing it.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

God has nothing to do with it. There are only 2 reasons I feel abortion is morally acceptable; rape or incest. Otherwise, contraception should be considered before making a choice to have intercourse or accept the consequences.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Didn't god create everything and everyone? So then Isn't everything a gift from god?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

beezzer

But why mock religion? Really? Do we have to hate on those that believe in God?

Why picket abortion clinics? The mocking of god is purely to do with fact that people hide behind such a thing to justify their stance. Dont bring god into it and god wont be mocked?

Lets keep the posts civil and polite, please. There's been a lot of hate lately, try to be nice.

Agreed. I shall be on my best behaviour in this thread!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join