It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That's not the way it works or has ever worked in this country. It's not every one of us for "only for ourselves."

It's not that way for you, and you don't get to decide when and where it's going to be that way for anyone else.

There are many many things that the government does that I do not approve of.

No one gets to impose their own little preferences on everyone else.

Birth control and abortions are far, far down the list of reasonable concerns, for the nation as a whole.

edit on 14Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:51:43 -050014p022014466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
That doesn't change the fact that there is no obligation that We The People have any obligation whatsoever to pay for the Personal Choices of others, who bear the consequences of their own choices and decisions.

We do not live in a communist country, where we are required to "spread the wealth", or "pass on our personal choice expenses" onto the other members of our society.

In fact, Nowhere will you even find the word "Democracy" either in the Declaration of Independence, nor in the Constitution of the United States of America. We are a Republic, One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice For All.
Note that this does NOT say, nor remotely suggest "One Nation, for which my personal choices and the related consequences of my choices must be provided for by the rest of the people".

Some More actual Truth and Facts may be found here:
www.ushistory.org...
]
edit on 9-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

That's the difference between Libs and conservatives... Libs ask what it takes to fix a problem... Conservatives ask why they should have to pay for that. One holds us back. One moves us forward. Guess Which is which? Lol

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
$17 trillion, and counting....

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
We the People have different opinions about what we want to pay for as a nation, but the majority of us are willing to pay for better healthcare for all. Most of us don't have medieval attitudes toward birth control and abortion. Many of us understand that a vocal minority attempting to claim special privileges for superstitions have hoodwinked themselves and many others into thinking that the American people as a whole are a selfish, short-sighted group who don't realize that we have built this great country of ours TOGETHER, each contributing what we can when we can.

Only the extremely hypocritical want to cash out of the game when they think they're on top.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by BritofTexas

The only snowflake here are those that want rules for some, but not for others.

Exactly. The Religious Right want special rules for themselves which nobody else gets. (Or perhaps which only Religious Members get.) The Government Protected Right to Discriminate against others based upon the interpretation of their Religious Myths.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hobby Lobby is not alone...

The following is a list of plaintiffs in the 100 cases that have filed lawsuits vs. the U.S. Federal Government in opposition to the "free" birth control and "free" abortion mandate in the Affordable Care Act.

American Family Association
American MFG Co
American Pulverizer Co
Annex Medical
Autocam Corp
Ave Maria School of Law
Ave Maria University
Barron Industries
Beckwith Electric Co
Belmont Abbey College
Bick Holdings, Inc.
Cherry Creek Mortgage Co
CNS Ministries
Colorado Christian University
Conestoga Wood Specialities Corp
Continuum Health Partnership/Management
Criswell College
Doboszenski & Sons
Dordt College
Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk
East Texas Baptist University
Eden Foods
Encompass, Develop, Design & Construct LLC
Eternal Word Television Network Inc.
Fellowship of Catholic University
Feltl & Co., Inc.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
Freshway Foods
Gilardi
Grace College and Seminary
Grote Industries
Hart Electric LLC
Hastings Automotive
Hercules Industries Inc.
Hobby Lobby
Holland Chevrolet
Infrastructure Alternatives
Johnson Welded Products
Korte & Luitjohan Contractors
Liberty University
Lindsay Rappaport and Postel LLC
Little Sisters of the Poor
Louisiana College
M&N Plastics
Mersino Management Company
Michigan Catholic Conference
MK Chambers Company
O’Brien Industrial Holdings
Ozinga
Paul Wieland
Priests for Life
QC Group Inc.
Randy Reed Automotives
Reaching Souls International
Right to Life Michigan
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. Louis
Roman Catholic Diocese of Beaumont
Roman Catholic Diocese of Biloxi
Roman Catholic Diocese of Cheyenne
Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas
Roman Catholic Diocese of Erie
Roman Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth
Roman Catholic Diocese of Fort-Wayne – South Bend
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nashville
Roman Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh
School of the Ozarks
Seneca Hardwood
Sharpe Holdings, Inc.
Sioux Chief MFG Co
SMA LLC
Southern Nazarene University
The Most Reverend Thomas Wenski
Tonn and Blank Construction
Trijicon, Inc. (AKA Bindon)
Triune Health Group
Tyndale House
University of Notre Dame
Weingartz Supply Co
Wheaton College
Willis & Willis PLC
WLH Enterprises
Zumbiel
edit on 10-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

rickynews
"free" abortion mandate in the Affordable Care Act.

There is no such thing...

The Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) cannot include any coverage of abortion as part of the essential benefits
package required to be covered by health care plans. Section 1303(b)(1)(A)(i).

But repeat it over and over and the mindless masses will believe it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

can we get a link to that list?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
SEC 1303 (a)(b)(iii)
SEC. 1303. SPECIAL RULES.
(a) SPECIAL RULES RELATING TO COVERAGE OF ABORTION SERVICES
(B) ABORTION SERVICES
(ii) ABORTIONS FOR WHICH PUBLIC FUNDING IS ALLOWED.− The services described in this clause are abortions for which the expenditure of Federal funds appropriated for the Department of Health and Human Services is permitted, based on the law as in effect as of the date that is 6 months before the beginning of the plan year involved

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So, you think that a woman should die, rather than have an abortion that would save her life?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
No, saving the life of the mother is not a "willful act of terminating a human being", such is the case of a tubular pregnancy. Very rare, less than one half of 1% of all abortions in the U.S. If I'm not mistaken.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So then, why are you opposed to special rules that cover abortion?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

rickynews
(ii) ABORTIONS FOR WHICH PUBLIC FUNDING IS ALLOWED.− The services described in this clause are abortions for which the expenditure of Federal funds appropriated for the Department of Health and Human Services is permitted, based on the law as in effect as of the date that is 6 months before the beginning of the plan year involved

Did you read this? Public funding is allowed in the case of rape, incest and the life of the mother.

Here, President Obama signs one of his scary executive orders to insure that abortions are NOT covered except in the case of rape or incest, or when the life of the woman would be endangered:

Source

Barack H. Obama, JD, 44th President of the United States, stated in his Mar. 21, 2010 Executive Order 13535, available at www.whitehouse.gov:

"Following the recent passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (‘the Act'), it is necessary to establish an adequate enforcement mechanism to ensure that Federal funds are not used for abortion services (except in cases of rape or incest, or when the life of the woman would be endangered), consistent with a longstanding Federal statutory restriction that is commonly known as the Hyde Amendment.

Do you oppose this?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

such is the case of a tubular pregnancy. Very rare, less than one half of 1% of all abortions in the U.S. If I'm not mistaken.

I don't know, but I'm one of them! So, it hits very close to home for me and rarity doesn't mean squat!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

windword
I don't know, but I'm one of them! So, it hits very close to home for me and rarity doesn't mean squat!

I'm one of them, too. I have also been raped and had a family member sexually abuse me. I didn't get pregnant, but if I had, I sure wouldn't want the government making that very personal decision for me.

Ricky?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I have also been raped and had a family member sexually abuse me

Me too. (on both accounts) Hmmm......I guess we were both recruited to the battle unit! Ugh!

The only thing worse than forced sex (rape) is a forced birth, (human slavery)!

edit on 10-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am opposed to Any rules that provide local, state, or federal tax revenues that, either directly or indirectly, may be used for the willful act of terminating the life of a human being for the intended purposes of practicing birth control. I believe that those who want to practice birth control, or have an abortion, or other like-choices and personal decisions, have an obligation to pay for their own such practices, which is a direct result of their own personal choices, and therefore their own subsequent consequences - financial and otherwise - and that said individuals who want to practice birth control, or terminate the life of a human being by having an abortion, have no right to expect other members of society to finance, subsidize or pay for their choices and resulting consequences. In other words, said individuals are not entitled to "free birth control and free abortions", at the expense of the rest of society.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah. We know what you're opposed to.

We're opposed to and tired of your repeatedly posted lies and deliberate disinformation.

edit on 10-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Rape and incest are heinous crimes indeed, and the perpetrator criminal should bear in full all the consequences and costs associated with the crime committed against the victim, including any debt owed to society for said crime(s).

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join