It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

rickynews
Prior to ACA, abortion pill (aka RU486) was an elective coverage benefit.

It still is...

Drugs, such as RU486 that cause a woman to abort a pregnancy, are not included in the law or regulations. Nothing would require a health insurance company to include this in their policy offerings and, certainly, nothing would require anyone to take such a pill.

Forbes

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

rickynews
Just here to provide truth and facts and shed some light on the subject if you will. Nothing personal, and certainly didn't intend to upset you.
All the best to you.

The "truth you have provided has only been your personal opinion and you have given no "facts".

Nobody is taking it personally and you certainly have not upset anyone. Posters on these Forums are far too experienced for that. They will stop replying to you as they cannot debate with someone who has their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears.

The last several pages of this Thread have been off topic. Obviously it has grown too long for any Mods to take notice of.

To bring it back to the Topic at Hand....

Hobby Lobby buy their merchandise from a country that enforces Abortion, thereby funding and profiting by it. (see OP).

Hobby Lobby invest in Abortion Pharmaceutical manufacturers, thereby funding and profiting by it. (see OP).

That is the Hypocrisy of Hobby Lobby and that is the Topic of the Thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I'm surprised I missed this thread.

Also to add to the list.

Since the 70's our tax dollars have gone to fund planned parenthood.

So effectively Hobby Lobby's tax dollars have been used to fund contraception and rarely abortion as well.

If Hobby Lobby is so against these things. They should stop paying their taxes as well.
I mean it would be against their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And the Point of the Thread is to voice our views and opinions, of which mine are just one of many others, and based in fact and truth.

Hobby Lobby is Not hypocritical because they purchase products from China - and they certainly are Not hypocritical for having the courage to stand up for We the People in protecting our solemn right to Religious Freedom as defined in Article I of the U.S. Constitution.

So there you have it... Hobby Lobby is not hypocritical. I appreciate being able to clear that up.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
As a corporation that pays big-time $$ taxes, Hobby Lobby is, and should, exercise their rights as they deem appropriate, and are entitled to their day in court, as in the U.S. Supreme Court.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Many, as in tens of millions of Americans and U.S. taxpayers vehemently object to their tax dollars being spent on birth control, abortion and other lifestyle choice subsidized costs, and you can count me in that number.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
... and "your tax dollars" that have gone to fund wars, weapons of war, chemical, biological weapons, political coups, assassinations, and so forth ... you're good with all that then?

The budget of Planned Parenthood that goes to "abortion" is about 1% per year.

Tell you what, let's just imagine that my tax dollars went exclusively to Planned Parenthood, and yours exclusively went to bombs and Anthrax. Oh, and to subsidize the multi-trillion dollar free ride that religious organizations are taking on the taxpayers backs ...

That makes just about as much sense, and we'll both be happier.

edit on 14Mon, 07 Apr 2014 14:38:59 -050014p022014466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

Oh, and as far as the "corporate taxes' spiel ... uh, nope.

Most US Corporations Pay Little Tax

Many Big US Corporations Pay Zero Income Tax
edit on 14Mon, 07 Apr 2014 14:46:50 -050014p022014466 by Gryphon66 because: More Data

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

rickynews
Hobby Lobby is Not hypocritical because they purchase products from China - and they certainly are Not hypocritical for having the courage to stand up for We the People in protecting our solemn right to Religious Freedom as defined in Article I of the U.S. Constitution.
So there you have it... Hobby Lobby is not hypocritical. I appreciate being able to clear that up.

Any evidence to support your " Hobby Lobby is not hypocritical" hypothesis?

Hobby Lobby is Not hypocritical because they purchase products from China

Is akin to saying fire is not hot.

Such an obviously erroneous statement needs to be proven otherwise by exceptional evidence. I am looking forward to you supplying some.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hey now! I tried to keep it on track....

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Hey now! I tried to keep it on track....

You certainly did and I thank you.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
To reiterate:

1. Hobby Lobby has been providing coverage for those items it now supposedly finds objectionable ... for years.

2. Hobby Lobby does massive business with China ... which is the largest official abortionist in the world.

3. Hobby Lobby has invested in companies that produce the same contraceptive products they claim produce an undue burden.

What possible term could apply other than hypocrisy?

Rampant hypocrisy?

Utterly, unmitigated, unconscionable, rampant hypocrisy?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

Yep. And I'm going to attempt to keep track of their immediate divestiture of these investments and their accounting for every cent of profit they ever made from them and giving that amount to a charity...preferable for children.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The subject of the thread is Hobby Lobby and the false hypocritcy labeling that was put upon them by the originating author of the thread. If you want to post a thread on U.S. taxing issues and where dollars are being spent, then I'll be glad to offer my views and opinions. As you may have guessed, I have much to say about where our tax $ goes.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sure...

Exercising your rights as granted under Article I of the U.S. Constitution is not hypocritical, and neither is buying or selling products from China.

Using this non-logic is an abstract way to smear a good company, and a great store for its tens of thousands of customers.

+ Many liberals buy products from China, does that mean that they support communism?

+ First Lady Michelle Obama went on a month long tour of China, spending $, shopping and buying things with and for her daughters...Does that mean she is supportive of child labor in China?

+ If a same-sex couple have lunch at Chick-fil-a because they like the food, does that make them hypocrites because Chick-Fil-a has publicly stated its support for traditional marriage?

The answer to all of the above is No. Why? Because one thing has nothing to do with the other.

It's a twisted and non-sense argument that doesn't go to the heart of the issue. In other words, its called Reaching...in this case, more like Desperately Reaching.
edit on 7-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So using this logic , Hobby Lobby is hypocritical because they pay their taxes, of which some goes to Planned Parenthood ? And so, to avoid not being labeled hypocritical, they should refuse to pay any taxes ? And if they do pay their taxes, then they must be total hypocrites because they know full well that some of that tax money may end up paying for someone's birth control and abortions at Planned Parenthood?

Lets get real.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

rickynews
Many liberals buy products from China, does that mean that they support communism?

Possibly. But that doesn't matter in this case because those "many liberals" buying from china aren't trying to pass laws based of the claim of their "Religious Moral Code" now are they??? But Hobby Lobby is, so it is Hobby Lobby who then has to show proof of their claim of Moral and Religious Ethics and Code of Conduct.

First Lady Michelle Obama went on a month long tour of China, spending $, shopping, etc. Does that mean she is supportive of child labor in China?

If she spent money with companies that use child labor then damn right she's supporting child labor and if that's the case then someone should call her ass on it. If you have proof that she did, then by all means speak up!!

It's a non-sense argument that doesn't go to the heart of the issue. In other words, its called Reaching...in this case, more like Desperately Reaching.

I think it's you who are reaching. Reaching for any way possible to confuse, muddy, alter, and/or misdirect the argument in a direction as far from the truth as possible. So I guess both our opinions of each other cancel each other out making us even as far as our opinions go. Shall we get back to the fact now instead???

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sure, how about this Fact...There wouldn't even be a discussion on Hobby Lobby's employee health insurance plan coverages if they...
" liked their current plan, then they could keep it"

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

rickynews
Sure, how about this Fact...There wouldn't even be a discussion on Hobby Lobby's employee health insurance plan coverages if they...
" liked their current plan, then they could keep it"

Um...I'm almost sure they kept their "current plan." This has nothing to do with the issue in this thread either.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Neither does Troll spray. And btw, Eleanor Roosevelt would agree with me.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm starting a thread in a few days on a unrelated, yet interesting topic that is sure to give you more sleepless nights, and unimaginable frustration - as I continue to shower down upon you with reality, based on truth and facts. Can I count on your participation? It won't be the same without you.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join