It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Fact: 100 % of human life begins at the moment of conception.

edit on 6-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

~Lucidity

... but they aren't willing to cover emergency contraceptives — like Plan B or ella -- or IUDs.

I thought this was pretty interesting... Ella BLOCKS conception.

Ella contains ulipristal, a non-hormonal drug that blocks the effects of key hormones necessary for conception.

An iud is a device (not a drug) that PREVENTS conception.

Birth Control

Both of them PREVENT pregnancy, and are not emergency contraceptives. . Hobby Lobby knows not of what they speak. Not surprisingly...
edit on 4/6/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Agreed. Very interesting. Maybe some people believe tat IUDs interfere with fertilized implantation? I think I remember hearing that once.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by ~Lucidity

~Lucidity

... but they aren't willing to cover emergency contraceptives — like Plan B or ella -- or IUDs.

I thought this was pretty interesting... Ella BLOCKS conception.

Ella contains ulipristal, a non-hormonal drug that blocks the effects of key hormones necessary for conception.

An iud is a device (not a drug) that PREVENTS conception.

Birth Control

Both of them PREVENT pregnancy, and are not emergency contraceptives. . Hobby Lobby knows not of what they speak. Not surprisingly...
edit on 4/6/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

It's nothing more than political theater. The same company offered policies with birth control for over a decade. I think it is clear that this is an attempt to contrive outrage and opposition to the ACA.

It is ironic that "Christians" would pursue a course that could increase human suffering or people who are 100% alive today, that actually have names, memories and an identity.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
They weren't even aware what they were providing until the religious lawyers gave them a call.

Wonder if the same could be said for what they were investing in. Again, if they are still investing in these companies, did not immediately divest and give any money earned from them to childrens' funds, they full of crap.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

rickynews
Fact: 100 % of human life begins at the moment of conception.

Nope!

Human sperm and egg were already "alive" the moment of conception. The moment of conception is only one part that is necessary for the development of "life". Without ALL of the other steps and ingredient, over 50% of that so called "human life" will end up in the toilet.

There is no "life fairy" that magically creates life. There is no one moment when science can say "Now it is alive", as "it" was always alive. There was never a time that a human egg or sperm was not alive.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Fact: Living cells are not human beings. When 23 chromosomes become 46 chromosomes at the moment of conception, that's when living cells become a human being.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Fact: Living cells are not human beings.

True!!!!

When 23 chromosomes become 46 chromosomes at the moment of conception, that's when living cells become a human being.

False.

Don't worry you can retake the test.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
On this test, I earned an "F",...as in FACTS.

edit on 6-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Isn't it amazing how people can so easily disregard life, even though 100% fact and even science show the moment of conception is a living being. Women don't give birth to anything else but humans, as far as I know, so what other life form would it be if not human?

To all who say it is not alive or not human, then please tell me how it is growing and developing the second the egg and sperm unite if it is not alive? Are you guys saying the two living ingredients (sperm and egg) die when they combine? Is there a period in the womb where those two things are NOT alive, or NOT growing? lol...geez. Also, again, if it is NOT a human being that IS developing from conception, what kind of being or "thing" (as some of you love to look at it) is it?

I guess it is just easier to murder and avoid responsibility if someone can convince themselves it isn't human. Oh and just FYI...ALL OF YOU reading this were also created at the stage of conception, and thank your mothers for not having you murdered and thrown in a trash bag, incinerated, or flushed down a toilet. But I guess those who support murder think they weren't human or alive when mommy and daddy's love potion got together.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IroncladFT

Do not derail this thread with the anti abortion BS...
Btw,I agree with BH comments.

edit on 6-4-2014 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Wouldn't the sperm and egg cells be living pre conception?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

If that's the case... If abortion should be considered murder?

Shouldn't everyone who's ever had one be incarcerated?

See the craziness in playing out conservative " I shouldn't have to pay for that" type logic. Never works in the real world when you stand back and look at the actual effect on society.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well said Rob. Yet another Victory for Truth, and Facts - which always prevail. Light always conquers darkness.

edit on 7-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yes, both are living cells, but not yet human, until conception. At that moment, the joining of the cells become a human being.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
There's no derailing of the thread here. Hobby Lobby, due to the mandate in ACA, objects to providing abortion pill prescription coverage to their employees, which terminates human life, and which they and many other organizations and employers across this country overwhelmingly reject. The Federal Government, through ACA, is attempting to dictate to Hobby Lobby, religious and other like minded individuals and organizations that they Must provide and pay for health insurance coverage for Abortion drugs that terminates human life. This is the crux of the entire issue. Hobby Lobby was labeled "hypocritical" for standing up against this Fed Government's over reach. This is yet another liberal back door attempt to continue a barbaric practice against the religious and moral conscience of others, (protected under Religious Freedom provision in Article I of the U.S. Constitution), who object to financing, subsidizing or paying for someone's abortion. There is no reason the rest of society should have to pay for the abortions of others.

edit on 7-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ferchrissakes..IT'S BIRTH CONTROL.. NOT ABORTION! females usually get rid of all unwanted eggs in their monthly ladie's dayz.. us men..well ..our stuff gotta go some where...that's what God or nature does, every sperm is not secred every sperm is not great if ever a drop is wasted God DOES NOT GET QUITE IRATE!! the whole thing is getting rediculous or perhaps not from a control freak's point of view..how to control women's actions through their bodies that's the bottom line.

Btw that abstanence stuff is a crock pick a state or a community that teaches abstanence only or marrying off females at a young age and i'll show you at state or a community with a heck of a lot of teen pregancies.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
So if a woman has an abortion, the rest of society should pay for it? Then, as is the case in all to many abortions, the women who had the abortion also needs mental health treatment from the psychological effects of having said abortion (because her conscience won't leave her in peace), and the rest of society has an obligation to pay for that health mental treatment too?

There is not, nor should be, any financial obligation put on the rest of society resulting from the misguided choices, lifestyles and immoral decisions of others. Hobby Lobby, in standing up to this Fed Government, is Heroic, not hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

windword

FACT: Zero percent of humans are born without first implanting into the uterus wall.

FACT: More than 50% of fertilized human eggs are naturally flushed away every month when women bleed, without the help of contraception. That means that over 50% of human "life" is considered worthless by nature.

edit on 6-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

and that has to do with what?

lol!!

i know there is an analogy somewhere that fits.

you hit a home run everytime to get up to bat?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

rickynews
So if a woman has an abortion, the rest of society should pay for it? Then, as is the case in all to many abortions, the women who had the abortion also needs mental health treatment from the psychological effects of having said abortion (because her conscience won't leave her in peace), and the rest of society has an obligation to pay for that health mental treatment too?

There is not, nor should be, any financial obligation put on the rest of society resulting from the misguided choices, lifestyles and immoral decisions of others. Hobby Lobby, in standing up to this Fed Government, is Heroic, not hypocritical.

The problem is they are not talking about abortion, they are talking about actions that would/could prevent an action that could lead to abortion,I thought that would be a sane solution to what the American Taliban would accept.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join