It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just Truth and Facts from rickynews. I report, we decide.

edit on 10-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

rickynews
I am opposed to Any rules that provide local, state, or federal tax revenues that, either directly or indirectly, may be used for the willful act of terminating the life of a human being ...

Then you're opposed to the FBI, the CIA, ATF, Border Patrol, the entire Department of Defense (the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines), most local and State law enforcement agencies, and the National Park Service, just to name a few.

rickynews
for the intended purposes of practicing birth control. I believe that those who want to practice birth control, or have an abortion, or other like-choices and personal decisions, have an obligation to pay for their own such practices, which is a direct result of their own personal choices, and therefore their own subsequent consequences - financial and otherwise - and that said individuals who want to practice birth control, or terminate the life of a human being by having an abortion, have no right to expect other members of society to finance, subsidize or pay for their choices and resulting consequences. In other words, said individuals are not entitled to "free birth control and free abortions", at the expense of the rest of society.

Fine. You're opposed to it. Many Americans are not.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Gryphon66

rickynews
I am opposed to Any rules that provide local, state, or federal tax revenues that, either directly or indirectly, may be used for the willful act of terminating the life of a human being ...

Then you're opposed to the FBI, the CIA, ATF, Border Patrol, the entire Department of Defense (the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines), most local and State law enforcement agencies, and the National Park Service, just to name a few.

rickynews reply:
No, I am not opposed to any of the above mentioned local, state or Federal authorities or our U.S. Military. My opposition to publicly funded birth control and abortions has nothing to do with my support for the men and women that serve our country with honor and distinction.

rickynews
for the intended purposes of practicing birth control. I believe that those who want to practice birth control, or have an abortion, or other like-choices and personal decisions, have an obligation to pay for their own such practices, which is a direct result of their own personal choices, and therefore their own subsequent consequences - financial and otherwise - and that said individuals who want to practice birth control, or terminate the life of a human being by having an abortion, have no right to expect other members of society to finance, subsidize or pay for their choices and resulting consequences. In other words, said individuals are not entitled to "free birth control and free abortions", at the expense of the rest of society.

Fine. You're opposed to it. Many Americans are not.

rickynews reply:
Fact: More Americans, (The Majority, indeed) are also opposed to abortions, much less publicly funded.

Here you will find more Truth and Facts: townhall.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Rickynews is that you Rick Santorum? I knew it!
Welcome to Above Top Secret.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

rupertg
Rickynews is that you Rick Santorum? I knew it!
Welcome to Above Top Secret.

Lol !

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

rickynews
Fact: More Americans, (The Majority, indeed) are also opposed to abortions, much less publicly funded.
Here you will find more Truth and Facts: httpcircumstances-n1806283[

Perhaps you should have read the article in your link before posting it.

From your Town Hall link...

20% say abortion should always be illegal

20% would seem a very small...er...majority?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Fact: More Americans, (The Majority, indeed) are also opposed to abortions, much less publicly funded

Wrong!

According to your source:

According to the poll,
27% say that abortion should be legal in all circumstances,
13% say it should be legal in most circumstances,
38% say that it should be legal in few circumstances,
and 20% say abortion should always be illegal

Only 20% percent of those polled are opposed to abortion.

56% are opposed to public funding of abortion, which is an ACA non-issue, as the ACA doesn't mandate abortion coverage.

You really should stop making things up. No one here is buying your #

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

rickynews

rickynews reply: Fact: More Americans, (The Majority, indeed) are also opposed to abortions, much less publicly funded.

Here you will find more Truth and Facts: townhall.com...

Facts my left hind foot. Not surprisingly, your biased website is misrepresenting the very poll it's touting:

Source - Abortion and Birth Control - Polling Report

CNN/ORC Poll. Jan. 31-Feb. 2, 2014. N=1,010 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.
"Do you think abortion should be legal under any circumstances, legal only under certain circumstances, or illegal in all circumstances?"
Always legal 27%
Sometimes legal 51%
Always illegal 20%
Unsure 1%

So, 78% in favor in most if not all cases, but thats one poll, 1010 people are hardly "America" are they? Let's look at some more

Quinnipiac University Poll. July 28-31, 2013. N=1,468 registered voters nationwide. Margin of error ± 2.6.

"Do you think abortion should be legal in all cases, legal in most cases, illegal in most cases or illegal in all cases?"

Legal in all cases: 20%
Legal in most cases: 38%
Illegal in most cases: 25%
Illegal in all cases:12%
Unsure: 5%

CBS News Poll. July 18-22, 2013. N=1,036 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.

"Which of these comes closest to your view? Abortion should be generally available to those who want it. OR, Abortion should be available, but under stricter limits than it is now. OR, Abortion should not be permitted."

Generally available: 37%
Available under stricter limits: 40%
Not permitted: 21%
Unsure: 2%

Looks like time after time, poll after poll, Americans disagree with you ricky ...
edit on 16Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:31:01 -050014p042014466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yeah so the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty lawyers got to all of these companies just like they got the up until then clueless Hobby Lobby to participate. So what's the real point in this list? Please list all the companies that are not participating as a comparison.

In Michigan, there's Trijicon, a military contractor specializing in optics equipment for weapons. The company last made headlines in 2010, when it came under fire for stamping references to Bible verses on its combat rifle sights. According to data provided to Mother Jones by the Department of Defense, Trijicon currently holds at least $8.9 million in active contracts with the US military. [Source]

edit on 4/10/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

BritofTexas

rickynews
Here you will find more Truth and Facts: httpcircumstances-n1806283[

Perhaps you should have read the article in your link before posting it.

From your Town Hall link...

20% say abortion should always be illegal

20% would seem a very small...er...majority?

The article says what it says...I report, we decide.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Yeah so the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty lawyers got to all of these companies just like they got the up until then clueless Hobby Lobby to participate. So what's the real point in this list? Please list all the companies that are not participating as a comparison.

In Michigan, there's Trijicon, a military contractor specializing in optics equipment for weapons. The company last made headlines in 2010, when it came under fire for stamping references to Bible verses on its combat rifle sights. According to data provided to Mother Jones by the Department of Defense, Trijicon currently holds at least $8.9 million in active contracts with the US military. [Source]

rickynews reply: The U.S. Federal Government has a Constitutional Responsibility to provide for our nations common defense. There is No such Constitutional Responsibility for the U.S. Government to provide for Birth control or Abortion Practitioners expenses.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

Here, this is exactly what it says:

"Overlooked in the CPAC shuffle of late last week were the results of a nationwide CNN survey on abortion, the results of which confirm America's anti-abortion trend. A solid majority (58 percent) of respondents espoused viewpoints associated with the pro-life movement; namely, that abortion should be legal under "few" or "no" circumstances. The 'mostly illegal' position represented a strong plurality at 38 percent. Meanwhile, just 40 percent of Americans said that the practice should be "always" or "mostly" legal. Also, public financing of abortion remains heavily unpopular"

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
And the poll also says this...

"Most Americans have never favored using public funds for abortions for women who cannot afford them. According to the survey, 56% remain opposed, with only 39% favoring public funding for abortions."

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Wrong again.

In 2011 a Gallup asked:

Would be in favor of:

www.gallup.com...

the majority, 57% of those polled, said that they were opposed to prohibiting public funding for abortion.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Consult the link I provided if you're actually interested in facts about opinion polls, ricky.

There are over 20 summarized in that link.

One poll doesn't say squat about what "the American people" think. Not even the most "scientific poll" in the world.

However, poll after poll after poll shows very clearly that Americans support a woman's right to choose.

Providing birth control in a health insurance plan is just a no-brainer.

If you're so against abortion, it seems that you'd be ALL ABOARD for birth control ... but, that's the problem I have with the general irrationality (and I'm speaking generally here) of the mindset you're espousing ... you don't want women to have abortions, but you don't want them to use birth control.

"Buy a condom, save a baby."

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Gryphon66

Consult the link I provided if you're actually interested in facts about opinion polls, ricky.

There are over 20 summarized in that link.

One poll doesn't say squat about what "the American people" think. Not even the most "scientific poll" in the world.

However, poll after poll after poll shows very clearly that Americans support a woman's right to choose.

Providing birth control in a health insurance plan is just a no-brainer.

If you're so against abortion, it seems that you'd be ALL ABOARD for birth control ... but, that's the problem I have with the general irrationality (and I'm speaking generally here) of the mindset you're espousing ... you don't want women to have abortions, but you don't want them to use birth control.

"Buy a condom, save a baby."

Gryphon you sound like a reasonable dude or dudette but here is why you I and anyone else who is for contraception not even mentioning abortion will lose..
LIFE DOES NOT BEGIN AT CONCEPTION

Arizona Law Declares Life Begins before Conception: Update
Arizona lawmakers gave final passage to three anti-abortion bills Tuesday afternoon, including one that declares pregnancies in the state begin two weeks before conception.

The Republican-controlled House of Representatives passed a bill to prohibit abortions after the 18th week of pregnancy; a bill to protect doctors from being sued if they withhold health information about a pregnancy that could cause a woman to seek an abortion; and a bill to mandate that how school curriculums address the topic of unwanted pregnancies.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The above is a lil dated off-course going back two yrs now.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Polls are polls, and subject to much scrutiny, including the CNN poll I posted. As such, I'm willing to concede that Americans are split on the issue of abortion, but I do sense a trend towards people supporting a pro-life position. Even Hillary Clinton herself, among many other liberals, has said "abortions should be availble, safe but rare", with the key word being "rare", a thinly veiled acknowledgment that its not a good thing for women. One thing is for certain though... Almighty God Himself is most certainly Pro-Life.
edit on 11-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I'm not for publically funded birth control. However, I'm also a realist, and understand that birth control is here to stay, so the question shifts to who is expected to pay for it.

Regarding abortion...You say "buy a condem, save a baby"....others of liberal persuasion essentially say "save the trees, kill the babies".

The truth and reality is that a mothers womb used to be the safest place for an innocent, voiceless and growing human being baby...but now, its the most dangerous place.

I don't see how that is good, nor somehow an advancement for the human race.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

rickynews
reply to post by windword

Polls are polls, and subject to much scrutiny, including the CNN poll I posted. As such, I'm willing to concede that Americans are split on the issue of abortion, but I do sense a trend towards people supporting a pro-life position. Even Hillary Clinton herself, among many other liberals, has said "abortions should be availble, safe but rare", with the key word being "rare", a thinly veiled acknowledgment that its not a good thing for women. One thing is for certain though... Almighty God Himself is most certainly Pro-Life.

I would wonder then why He designed a reproductive system that naturally aborts over half of all fertilized eggs/embryos before week 20. Yet, perhaps that's not surprising for a Being that demonstrates His infinite love by providing things like ebola, human bot flies and necrotic bone degeneration.

He does work in mysterious ways -- His wonders to perform.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Sounds like you have some underlying resentment for He who has breathed life into you.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join